I'm an alcoholic, I've been drinking heavily for ten years and I'm starting to feel and see the effects...

I'm an alcoholic, I've been drinking heavily for ten years and I'm starting to feel and see the effects. I have gone three months without drinking in that time frame and had terrifying withdrawals, not quite "ya' gunna die" levels but two months of terror. I was doing alright in the recent past but recently I've been going pretty hard and I want to quit.
So anyone have any advice? Any tips or success stories? I understand It's binary, I drink or I don't drink but wisdom would be helpful. So general drinking thread I guess.
In the meantime I will be posting random shit. First, my favorite guitarist/ musician at the moment. The first riff is a throwaway and It's better than anything you've ever done.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5MXZK9pupM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4peNte4sZ_8
youtube.com/watch?v=hGi9SOFX5rc
youtube.com/watch?v=JX-P9R7W0bE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How much did you drink?

Replace it with a less harmful habit then try to kick the habit. But you actually have to stop drinking you'll just be addicted to 2 things.

Toss away all you're booze and do something you'll enjoy/find relaxing. That's the best advice I can give OP

Dude, drink up.

Since there is now Obama Care, you don't have to worry about the effects.

What has helped me, was finding solace in something physical. Whether its excercise, your work, or dancing or some shit. Don't beat yourself up if you get drunk one night. One night is better than every night. One day at a time bruh

If you drink enough OP, it'll stop on its own. You can even speed up the process with a xan or two.

how much//how often did you drink? I mean I know daily but how much during the day etc.

Just drink up man. You already ruined yourself by becoming addicted to alcohol. No matter how many years you go, there will always be that feeling of temptation that could bring back down to square 1 at anytime. If you want a permanent solution, then mix in some antifreeze with your booze. This is a shitty world anyways

Another with McWhirter and Zach Hill from Hella and others. I don't smoke much and I stumbled across this stoned as hell and lost my mind.

For me, it's as simple as - if I don't buy it, I don't drink it.

When I want to stop drinking, I don't go to liquor stores. I don't go to bars. Etc.

Whenever I start drinking again, it's because while SOBER, I made a dumb decision, by bringing the alcohol into my life in the first place.

When you get cravings, identify where they start on your body, be it in your chest, stomach, or where ever.
Then power through the cravings.

Good luck user

I recently quit after doing a meditation course called Vipassana. Its ten days long but really helped me. I was also able to quit smoking!

If you go to AA be carefull who you talk to. I think AA is great personally (l am a 'doer' so if I don't 'do' sobriety actively I go do it up at the bars) but seriously a lot of people that go are fucking cringe lords. I suggest giving it a whirl but just be careful who you talk to at meetings.

Thanks guys I never thought about it like that. Just popped all my xan, downed all my automotive liquids, got on a better health care plan, and I'm just going full force. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=4peNte4sZ_8

Just to add a post. For what it's worth, I'm an alcoholic and I envy you OP. My own drinking has to stop.

Anyway, from someone who did give in again... Keep what you've got bro. Don't buy it, don't drink it. Quit it once and make it stick.

Yes, OP. This. That's how i quit, but i ended up replacing alcohol with meth, oops.

(You)

Cool thanks my dudes I appreciate it.

Forgot link two posts ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGi9SOFX5rc

How long have you guys been managing/ off your liquor?
And to respond to someone's question I'll usually try to get a couple drinks in before work, then if possible drink during closing at my work then go out afterwards. Like 6-10 strong beers a day. I've switched recently to just 5 percent beers and it has helped quite a bit.

Not sure what to make of this

Meth is fine though so good job. Did you become a musical genius or am I thinking of the wrong drug?

youtube.com/watch?v=JX-P9R7W0bE

(You)(You)(You)

When you get to the point that you've had enough, go to ER and check into detox. Believe it or not there are/were people who've had it far worse than you and bounced back. There's always a way out OP, you just have to want it.

Tough love

why i lose

what have you dudes who suggested it replaced alcohol with specifically? I've ben thinking of joing a rock climbing gym, buying a mountain bike, etc.

Try actually praying for help, to ease the cravings and help you stay away from alcohol. That worked for me when I quit, been sober over 3 year now. And like others said, don't go to bars, don't hang around people who are drinking. If your "Friends" try to talk you into having 'just one drink' get rid of them, there is no having just one.

Good luck user.

that's not true man. I can feel the effects of my own alcohol abuse catching up with me. I try to convince myself that it's age but that's bullshit. I'm not hardcre 24/7 drink-at-work alcoholic but I'm fucked(FUCKED) up every night. I'm 27 and my mind is turning into cheese. I've volunteered in shelters and seen those old alcoholics that sound like they're totally wasted even when they've cleaned up. Comparing their speech and thought patterns to my own when I'm sober, I can tell that I'm on that spectrum.

I only really slowed my drinking down for a couple of weeks when I thought I had cirrhosis symptoms. I didn't really have symptoms, and since then had no major motivation to quit/moderate. I got a nice new job recently, and I'm hoping that once I start, the new responsibilities and increased human interaction will give me something to do other than drink. Or it could all crash and burn. We'll see!