Hey Cred Forums what's the best way to save money?

Hey Cred Forums what's the best way to save money?

As the saying goes... "You've gotta spend money to make money"

Don't spend it

the basic definition of saving money is not buying things. e g today i saved 80 000 000 000 $ because i didnt buy disney!
money is the false god

The best way I found is if you have direct deposit is to get a savings account at a bank no where near your home or work and deposit set amount in there every pay period. Don't enroll in online banking. Order checks or get a debit card. That way the money is not easy to get to and if you really need it it's a pain in the ass to get it so it makes you think long and hard about getting money out the bank. This has worked well for me and I have put away $15k in the last 3 years. Almost have my down payment together for a house.

Spend it. A dollar will never be worth more than it is right now. In fact it will only decrease in value over time.

how much u got saved. total and age?

Assuming you have a job, take 20% of your earnings and put them in a savings account. Learn to live that much poorer and forget the money in the bank exists. In a couple years you'll have a nice nest egg

example. age 25 savings 29k USD

Fucking OP ask for advice and doesn't offer anymore info to help them. Thanks for wasting our time shit breath.

don't spend on frivolous shit.

learn the difference between: worth, cost and value, and what they mean to you in the context of something you want to buy. no, seriously - this is the most important lesson you can learn.

>asking Cred Forums how to save money
you realize that most people who post here are autistic neckbeards and actual children, right?

I'm going to need to call in a buddy that's an expert on financial wisdom. How about we meet back here next week to see what it's worth.

Easiest way I've found recently is to buy and sell real estate. Not houses, fuck that. I'm talking about land, preferably in the suburbs or in a residential rural area. About a year ago I bought 20 acres of country land for $50K. I knew it was worth way more than that but the owner wanted to unload it fast because he moved to Maui and needed cash. I just got an offer on it last week for $125,000. Okay, that's making money, not spending it, but same thing, right?

*not saving it, I fucked up

Advice invalid. Good good user

be jewish

things that didn't happen: the post

I was in the shower, sorry boss. I'm 21 and don't have shit saved up

Oh well, I was trying to help. Not a rich fag either, I had to borrow a lot of the money in the first place. But even after paying back my loan, I'm walking away with a huge profit. Houses are easy to value, but most people have no idea what their land is worth, and are seemingly more willing to part with it. I do plan on SAVING my ~$75K profit. I've been told to invest, but I'm clueless when it comes to the stock market, so I might pursue more land transactions.

This absolutely happened, although I'll be honest, if I read it on Cred Forums I wouldn't believe it either. I'm about to have the most money I've ever had in my life. Just trying to give you Cred Forumsros some advice. Wish I had thought about doing this 5 years ago.

I was giving you shit user. It's late and work is slow. Real estate is a solid investment. It's a physical thing. Not paper.

I have a safe. I try not to spend as much, but have been a little more loose. Anyways its a depository safe with a little latch at the top. I put in 1,000 USD every week. This has been going on for a while. I don't open it unless I want to take out a ex drive to store photos.
I only spent about 250 in the safe and I have to say it was one hell of an investment. I restrict myself to what I have in my credit card and at hand; which is a quarter of what I made.
>I live with grandparents
>I don't pay rent
>I only pay small amounts for my grandmothers groceries.
>DONT SPEND MONEY ON VIDYA
seriously.

This.

Or perhaps black magic and witch craft lol.

Good advice, I'm on the same sort of track. Would like to add buy things on sale and in bulk, hams on sale after new year, corned beef after St Patty's, etc (invest in an energy efficient drop in) Don't associate with niggers, that's just common sense, if you buy land, buy in areas with a heavily white majority (research demographics), it's the best way to make sure value appreciates.

your advice isn't very good. or even very believable but whatever that's up to you how much you want to lie on the internet and for what ends.

anyways user makes a thread about "how to save money" and your gem of advice is drop 50k on land and flip it for twice that. yeah that's not really how saving money works. you took a loan just to invest in the property and flip it? who would give you a loan of that much money unless you had proper finances and credit beforehand?

fuck off with your advice grandpa

Set a savings goal, like 10% of your income. Don't break that rule.

Invest savings in dividend paying stocks that are large cap, at least ten years of history, have largest market share in their industry. Or an etf that does this. Prune stocks that subsequenly break these rules.

Re-invest all earnings.

Iterate for 30 years.

invest it in silver/platinum/gold, its fairly stable, its fun to fondle and stare at, its a pain in the ass to change it back into cash so you wont be tempted to spend it any time soon.

And just in case this thread is a dick measuring contest. I'm 29 got 80k put away, got half of that from inheritance but my mom was a bitch i deserved that money for putting up with her cunty shite

This is why you'll always be poor. "A guy made money?! There's no way that happened! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I've bought other smaller parcels and made a decent profit on every one of them. I'm just trying to give you guys advice that I wish someone had told me about years ago. And I didn't get alI the money from a bank. I told my dad about it and he fronted me half, because he agreed I was getting a steal. I've been scooping up an acre or two at a time, usually reselling them for a profit around $1,000-2000. I have a normal job, but I'm about to make more off this sale than I do in a year.

>And I didn't get alI the money from a bank
so you already had money given**/loaned to you?
great... so I guess you didn't SAVE that money did you you stupid faggot?

no you had capital and you used that to make more capital... fucking la dee da. in the real world most people don't start with capital they start with fucking nothing and they die with nothing

eat shit

Okay, that's not what the post you're replying to said. That post was saying that your advice requires a lot of capital in order to make more money, criticizing your advice because the initial question was about how to SAVE money--and the clear implication is that the original question is assuming that there isn't much money to start with.

But keep being a defensive fuckwad and kek'ing about your sheckels. If you have them, what the fuck do you care? If you don't, then are you a fuckwitted liar. Calm your shit, maybe don't be suck a fucking fuck all the time.

I know you're trolling me but you don't know shit. I've worked very hard for what I've got. Grew up without a lot of money. Nothing was "given" to me as I'm paying back every cent, and plan on giving my dad more than I got from him. He's not rich either, and I almost felt bad for asking him for that much. You sound like you have a victim's mentality.

Commodities, unless we're talking silver you're gonna need a decent amount of cash to make a sizable enough investment. If you're diligent about staying on top of shit, currencies are a good investment, look for short downward trends like floods, droughts, etc. Make quick transactions 1 day to one week. You can exchange back into dollars anywhere.

>got 50k
I worked hard for what I got

holy shit tell me where you live so I can smack you in the face with a fucking hammer. you bought land and flipped it so you don't live in a state that people care about. come to california and buy up property and flip it "acre by acre" lol

No one is trolling you, actually, you sound like a complete asshole who is incapable of reading something and replying appropriately, instead making sure that you can turn any statement into a story about how great you are and how you've suffered.

Which is actually a victim's mentality. Use all the money your dad earned and gave you to get some therapy, fuckstick.

Withdraw it off your bankaccount, leave only 15/20 each week for emergencies, and leave the cash at home or somewhere else secure.
You can't spend what you don't have (on you) and if you're bad at saving your money this will help.

/thread

I dont think anyone in this thread understand the difference between investing money and saving it.

That's not very nice of you

Yeah I misread the OP, so my story probably shouldn't even be in here but I was trying to pass along something that's working for me. Jesus, some of you bitch about everything. If OP just wants to know how to SAVE, buy a fucking Dave Ramsey book. Basically, just don't spend money on dumb shit like fast food and designer clothes is what you'll get from that, but it works.

Wow you're fucking stupid. You don't know the difference between a gift and a loan?

Depends on what I'm saving for. To save money for about a year I cut a slot on the wall between two studs. Occasionally slide dollar bills in when I have loose money. End of the year you cut a hole in the bottom of the wall and fish it all out. You'd be surprised how much you've stashed away. The fact that it's in the wall means you really have to want it to get it out so less chance you're going to raid it when things get a little tight.

but user.. use that fantastic brain of yours... statistically speaking there are many, many people (millions in fact) who don't spend on frivolous shit and still live poor paycheck to paycheck

can you imagine why that is? hint: something to do with the cost of living out weighing hourly wages

Use animals offered "free to good home" in classifieds as a source of free meat.

You're absolutely right. You have to at least be making a living wage to save money. Not disputing that. But there are many people who make decent money and still can't save money. You'll at least concede that point?

Stop spending it on bullshit.

This is coming from a man with 700 bucks in his account

Lol, there was some asshole claiming to be a food scientist last night. He never did answer whether it was possible to process niggers into something palatable to feed starving people

>You'll at least concede that point?
yeah of course those people are dummies who value material objects more than the foreseeable future

what worries me is that unless some pretty radical changes start to occur in the US economy or I manage to acquire a higher paid salary job I will literally not be able to move from my parents house into a place of my own.

that isn't because I am not "saving enough" or because I am irresponsible it is because the cost of living in my state is some of the highest in the entire world. thanks mom and dad

Buy Silver by the 1 oz over time you will have a lot of money I mean the one thing I learned about silver is unless it's up to $50+ an oz their is no point in selling it because your not gonna make much. I've got at least $300 in silver it's the most money I've held on to it's not like having money on my credit card I'm always tempted to spend my money all of it when I have it on my credit card with silver I paid $25 at the highest per oz I'm not gonna sell it unless I need cash bad for food or something.
My house is currently foreclosure I still don't have enough silver to bail me out.

There are a lot more dummies out there than you may think. I live in a state that has a very low cost of living, but salaries are generally lower too. Just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? You may be better off moving if you live somewhere crazy expensive like Southern California, Hawaii, or New York.

--Never eat at restaurants/fast food joints
--Don't go to bars and waste money on overpriced drinks and burnt fries
--Don't shop at trendy overpriced places for name brand shit (clothing and food)
--Invest in a hair clipper and learn how to cut your own hair
--Buy frozen vegetables and skip the carbs (fuck 4 bucks for a loaf of bread, man)
--Never pizza, never subs, never bagels--you want to pay to be constipated and ripped off?

Then when bills come in, you can pay out a little easier. Live modestly and expect to get fucked regardless. The degree of the fucking I guess is what matters...

They're from the worst generation. Basically surrendered this country to muds, tell them when Trump is president, you're driving them to the death camps

this. saving is easy for me because i work graveyard, have no social life, thus, never leave the house.
if people really want to save, they will make sacrifices.

>if you live somewhere crazy expensive like Southern California
I had already mentioned California but that is exactly where I live. Just outside of LA county in what are considered to be nice "middle-class" suburbs
>what do you do
I work in a restaurant. sometimes I wash dishes. Sometimes I make french fries.
>move out of your state
yeah solid advice

unforturnately my mother, brother (and brother's latina fiance) are way past indoctrinated and will be voting for Hillary forsure. I have the feeling that my dad might vote for Trump purely out of spite for the political arena at this current moment. WHEN Trump wins it will be a very great birthday present for my early Nov. b-day

Thanks user for the advice

>--Never eat at restaurants/fast food joints

I can agree here.

>--Don't go to bars and waste money on overpriced drinks and burnt fries

Sure

>--Don't shop at trendy overpriced places for name brand shit (clothing and food)

Mostly. But you'll spend more on non-name brand clothes over a longer time than you will buying one "overpriced" pair of shoes or jeans.

>--Buy frozen vegetables and skip the carbs (fuck 4 bucks for a loaf of bread, man)
>--Never pizza, never subs, never bagels--you want to pay to be constipated and ripped off?
You're missing the overall largest way to save cash; Stop buying literally everything you eat/wear/do for fun/whatever.

Learn to cook, learn to make a sourdough starter and realize it's almost like a perpetual motion machine for bread (seriously I did it as hobby and I was swimming in fucking sourdough of all types for a minimal amount of money)

Learn to fix shit. Spend $200 on a set of power tools on sale and learn how to solve problems with an impact driver and a headlamp.

Learn how to deal with a ton of bullshit in the immediate future and in doing so avoid 10x as much in the long run.

Before you move out of state, make sure to let them know it's because of all the spics and niggers. Start acting like a nigger, yelling gibberish, turn up the Mexican rap music before you beat yr brothers ass in front of fiance. Keep saying is thus what you want cholo

Wow you're a salty dude. I hate to break it to you, but you could be living somewhere super cheap like Alabama and if you wash dishes, you'd still have to live with your parents. If you're not man enough to at least consider broadening your horizons and moving out of the Los Angeles area, there's not a lot of hope for you to get your own place. It sucks that not every job pays a living wage, but that's the reality at the present. You sound like you've gotten beaten down to the point of thinking, "fuck it, things are never gonna get better". You've been a real dick to me, but I hope you find some measure of success because I've been beaten down before too.

I am never moving out of this state. I was born in Chicago and I guess I will die a bum on the gold coast.

Call it manifest destiny

Agreed...life sucks sometimes because you run into frantic periods where shit has to be handled immediately (my furnace died today; help) and you don't really know how to select a new one and/or install it without dying. So the more you know...you know...

it's probably because I have a slightly different perception of reality than you do.
yes I would say I have been beaten down once or twice before.. so have you? I am glad you have been able to pick yourself up and move forward. you are a much bigger man than I in that case

...but I have run the numbers (maybe in my head not on paper) but believe me... at the current rate of speed and savings I have going it will be another 24 years before I can afford to live in LA.. that's just the way it is.
I have watched my brother move out of the house, from three apartments and back to the house (with his fiance) so that they can save up money for their overpriced wedding.

I don't even want a wedding and it isn't as if I have anyone who wants to be with me anyways. the point is that this money isn't going to come... I am doing the math and it simply isn't there. so just having this idea that "maybe things will get better" isn't going to work for me.

I'm from central coast Cali, I'm moving to Nevada, near the Utah border in the North. Gun laws are good, medical weed is legal, land and homes are cheap. Fuck California, it was lost to the animals long ago. Best thing California did in the last 50 years was RFK being assassinated

>never gonna move
>manifest destiny

That doesn't mean what you think it means.

>manifest destiny stopped when the frontier was covered
it means I am not going to Jap to be a weeb. I have fulfilled the manifest destiny of my forefathers. learn to context you nigger

Invest it, if your not sure how then put it into an investing app. You're money will grow unlike in a bank, and it will be kind of a pain in the ass to get out so you won't spend it.

Right now I'm using the app accorns, basically its portfolio investing where they charge you a dollar a month, or i believe after a certain amount of money take 0.05% of your profit. I cant quite remember for sure. Accorns is super easy to set up, and all though I've barely gained any money from it, it's wayyyy better than what the bank could give me. If youre a college student (me) then they don't charge you the $1 per month, adn I believe they don't charge you the .05% commision, probably a way to hook the college kids hopefuly for life.

The money accorns takes from what i understand is a little high compared to other portfolio investments, and lately it hasnt been performing too well (idk if they fired some good employees, or what, or if its just a fluke, probabluy the latter)I lost $20 in 2 days, but I'm still not in the negative, and I believe it will recover and go back to normal. Again I still have profited, and have never been lower than when I started, except for maybe in the first week or 2. You can also choose a safer proftfolio than me, I'm in the mildlyu agressive one, so it is a little more risky, the gains are better, but so are the losses.

Also check out the robinhood app, free investing in stocks. This thing is though you should expect to have to wait a long time for the stocks to pay off, but generally investing n a safe company and waiting should work.

If anything stock app will make it a pain in the ass to spend the money, part of the reason i do it. It takeas about 3 days to get your money, and by then I might not think I need to buy those ninja stars from amazon

I'm not gonna take any more shots at you. You actually sound like an intelligent guy. I've worked at restaurants before too. The shitty thing about them is that guys like dish washers and line cooks are grossly underpaid. The good thing about them is that there's usually a high turnover and chances to move up. Try working front of the house. Bartenders and servers can pull down good money. If you're at a fast food place, talk to your GM and tell them you're interested in training for management. Bust your ass. Be the best damn dish washer there is. Try to get chummy with your boss. Bring up the management thing constantly. You might already be doing these things. Hope it works out for you, user.

don't spend it

Costco, spaghetti, ramen, and being content with what you have.

also check out CD's. Haven't looked too much into them, but to my understanding it's a loan to the government, or a company or soemthing. BAsically you loan them money and they pay it back with interest, again it fits in with the "If I don't have it I can't spend it" thing I was talking about before

Live within your means and then cut a thing or two out of your spending.

Dont spend all the money you have.

Yep. I own a small business and if I wasn't good at learning to fix busted shit in a crisis I'd be homeless.

I managed to put away nearly 300 quarters; the tissue box theyre in weighs like 15 pounds
you could try that

Read the richest man in a babylon.

the TL;DR is save %10 of everything you earn.

... you understand this is a jewish practice right?

oy