Alright Cred Forums, i'm in a pickle. I want to buy a Saints Row game. but am unsure of which one to get

alright Cred Forums, i'm in a pickle. I want to buy a Saints Row game. but am unsure of which one to get.
Help?

All of them

1 and 2 the rest are fucking shit

What brings you to "The Row"?
>inb4 b8

Why don't you like 3 and 4?

Depends on what your looking for, if your looking for some "realistic" serious shit, 1 and 2 are that, if your going for that over the top and xDD jokes shit, 3 and 4 are that, depends tbh, or play them all

Get Saints Row 1-2 if you want a story.
Get Saints Row 3-4 if you want nonsence "fun"

Im looking for a sandbox where I can destroy everything and kill everyone.
Ive already got hatred and its worn out for me.

All of them are shit

2 will always be the best

Saints row 3 if you fancy tank mayhem

It got out of hand
They were trying to hard with 3 and 4

Do you like the GTA series more?

2 and 3
Both are funny and great time killers
4 is a little too over the top but the dub gun was god-tier
Haven't played gat out of hell

Just go for 3 and 4, you'll love that shit

Aren't they supposedly making another saints row, But with a new name?

>in before 2 was the best
Here's why.

>get them all for pc
>friends me is the best
>install 2
>character is a fag
>controls are pure shit
>pure
>shit
>cars turn worse than test drive 3
>aiming is next to impossible
>game is sped up to some wierd speed
>tell my friends
>"hurrr git gud"
>show them a vid I take of it and how shit it is
>"Oh you need a mod to fix the speed"
>download mod
>steam sees it as a hack
>account gets back banned
>"hurr its da best tho! Now u can play eet!"
>a few months later I'm calmed down enough to try.
>it sucks
>flat characters
>comes off as edgy
>not fun

Fuck SR2. NEVER buy it

Anyone who praises it is just into the nostalgia of it. It's like when people say
"Hurr, their first album was the best" no. Don't listen to that shit.

3 made me not hate the series. 4 was kinda shit.

Is there anything you liked about them? What did you miss from 1 and 2 that "The Third" and "IV" lacked?

Yes

3 wasn't bad. Sure, I'm not one to play for storyline but rather to do random shit. A few missions for shits and giggles when bored.
Casual gamer, only played at a buddy's place when smoking up or drinking. Really only thing I did was ride up buildings with the bike if anything

Agents of Mayhem

4 and gat out of hell. Super fun and crazy.

The hoverbike?

Also not the one you're replying btw, also, manning a tank in open fields were fun..

1 and 2 for a grit game 3 and 4 for dumb shit

I liked 3 but the problem is that it becomes incredibly boring after the story is finished compared to 2. Also, I disliked the fact that they incorporated the activities as part of the story. Without them, the story would be like 20 something missions long

This. The second one is 100% in my top 10 games.

I don't remember, but I'm sure you guys would know. Worse case scenario if I were bored and wanted a laugh, I'd load up GTA 4 and be wanted and head to the swing set..

I think he means the Kaneda

They got lazy with the storyline
3 wasn't as bad as 4
they changed the story up from 1 and 2(gangs and shit) to being the president of the US in 4th

Then again its whatever you prefer

How did the "simulation prison" storyline go with you?

Saints row 3: kill 1,000,000 stupid ppl the game. Play hardest mode you can.

Friends tell me 2 is the best*
Get vac banned*

I swear there is an international conspiracy to make autocorrect even more shit every year

Heed my warning op. Sr 1 and 2 are "only good on console" if you do buy them. But I have yet to see the shit tier story and cut off dialogue be better on console.

Also the "story" is trash. In 3 and 4 the story was basically abandoned because it was so bad in 1 and 2.

Can anyone answer this one?

In 4?
It was kind of like the matrix meets saints row 3.

The story didn't matter at all but if you did play 1 and 2 (and you shouldn't have) it'll tug at your nostalgia, if you didn't play 1 and 2, it'll have some fun side quests and alternate style mini games to full you in on all the back story.

Then it's half implyed to be a movie? Or could have been real? Idk the game is game play driven and 3 and 4 have bad ass game play compared to 1 and 2

I liked 3, 4 has ZERO replay value, but the original go at it was aight

Did anyone enjoy creating your own player and all the other stuff?

In 3 yeah. You can make the boss fucking anything. Its a lot better than most sandbox game in that department. There's also 4 (I think) voice actors for each gender and the character from 3 gets carried over to 4.

4 feels like an expansion pack, but it when is cheap as fuck.

I thought I did a fine job, however the website makes it look shittier than it does ingame

Gotta agree here.
I've played every single one of them.

1 - The original, gameplay is lacking somewhat but the world design is incredibly charming.

2 - Nothing but improvements on the previous game. Tons of detail and easter eggs in the world, some of my favorite co-op ever, better gameplay, decent story.

3 - A few improvements were made in combat, but everything else was pretty bad aside of graphics.

4 - 3 but slightly worse. It was originally a DLC pack for 3 but was then extended into a full game.

2 is hands down the best game. None of them really have a good story but 2 is the best blend of all aspects.

What about those different voices that you can choose from? Do you or anyone else have a favorite for your character?

>console
SR2

>PC
SR3

Is it because of modding?

Yeah I picked the guy who does the voice for booker from bioshock.

There's a ruskie girl and a few nigger voices if I recall.

1 and 2 has no voice for your main character, which makes you look like a pussy.

>you're the boss
>you give 0 orders, only get them
>you get made fun of in 3 for being such a quiet bitch in 1 and 2
>in 3 and 4 you make the calls.

The dialogue is pretty good in 3 and 4 despite the story being lacking, but again

1 and 2 suck. I have no idea why anyone defends that trash.

If you want a sandbox game with a "good" story and much better gameplay, juse get gta 3 or vice city instead of 1 and 2. Or, hell, watch a condensed let's play of 1 and 2.

I cannot stress how bad the game play is for SR 2 on pc.

So if you do buy 1 and 2, get them for Xbox. (1 is Xbox exclusive if I'm not mistaken, if it's not get them for playstation)

No its because of
There's a bug on Sr 2 for pc making it awful to control.

2 does have voices.

You're character has a voice in 2. It was the first game where character customization shined

Did you even play the 2nd

Ok, ill take a look.

i had alot of fun with 3 and 4... i dont know what these nerds are talking about.
protip:
play the female
buy her hotpants and a bra
permanent semi boner
?????
profit

I have a PC, Saints Row 3 it is then?

Oh sorry,
Yeah 2 has voices
You can be
>mexican
>nigger
You can only sound like a gang banger

The exact opposite of what this guy said.
1 and 2 were like shitty GTA games. They were alright, but nothing special.
3 and 4 went in a new and better direction.
I prefer 3 over 4, but they were both great.

You gotta keep it authentic

Does anyone have any favorite missions from any of the games?

1 and 2 were good for their time but that time has way past. sorta like gta3 and vice city

But you should really just play them all anyway.
It's all one story and while you can start 3rd without needing to know the rest, it's better if you play from the beginning.
Initially it seemed like a bad GTA clone, but they left that direction.

aight. saints row 3 is looking good!

>authentic
>in a game where you get rid of police interest by visiting local bribery buildings
>you can murder 100s and kill cops, do million in damage
>spend 100 gold to make them forget
>stop at freckle bitches for some food
>a family restaurant with kids running around
>but gotta be black or mexican only to keep it authentic

Yeeeep

In 3 there's a part where you're driving around with pierce and acting like total bros. Singing and remembering the good ol days.
It was actually pretty unusual for such an absurd game and will stick with you.

Other than that all I can say is

Escaping from the fetish dungeon.

Anything involving Kinzie
Teacup

There's a male English(UK) voice in 2.

Yes singing fucking Sublime

Bumping for more replies

It gets even better in Dom DLC. Best DLC.

How is it the best?

4 has an incredibly soft spot in my heart. I loved weapon customization in that one. Han Solo's pistol, Malcolm Reynold's pistol, candy cane dildo bat, Doctor Manhattan dildo bat. Plus super powers. Would recommend 4.

Looks like saints row 3 has won, thanks Cred Forums!

4 was actually the only sandbox game in which i enjoyed searching for collectibles due to the superpowers and accessibility.

What is your favorite superpower from SRIV?

Saints row 2 is one of the worst pc ports of all time, and 4 is a reskin of 3. Get saints row 3.

i cant choose cuz all of them are awesome! especially if u combine them.... i.e. run, jump, glide and stomp into a group of enemies

i'd rather replay sr4 than gta4

Everything. All the DLCs were good, but Dom was the best.

What about GTAV?

Missions or weapons? What did you like more?

honestly, u shouldnt really compare these two. its like comparing ps3 and ps4. but i do have to say that gta5 online really made me hate the game and i have no such feelings for sr4, so u be the judge

Missions. Shit was cash.

2 is the best one, there's no argument about it.
It has the perfect mix of serious shit and comedy.

Does anyone think that the games could be better if the Saints Row makers had a budget like Rockstar's for GTA?

Here's what pissed me off in 4. Spoilers ahead.

So, in the white house, NyteBlade guy (w/e tf his name was) says him and Oleg are going to have a NyteBlade marathon and asks if you're up for it. You can say yes to this. Now, NyteBlade guy and Oleg DON'T get abducted by the aliens, which happens less than 5 minutes later. It makes no sense for them to have not been abducted.

hell yeah

The third. 1 and 2 are good too. Don't buy 4. Totalgarbage.jpg

>He did nothing wrong

Why you dissing 4 for?

What do you (or anyone else) think they could've done better? Better graphics, music, actors, etc.?

in the previous titles? well, u can always improve, right? i wont dwell on it. but let me say this: i hope they get a bigger budget for the next saints row so they can do even more crazy and fun stuff in a more sophisticated way.

Well, this is the next game from the makers of Saints Row. Haven't looked into it yet, but hopefully it will turn out to be a fun and (surprisingly) deep game.

Get number 2. Absolute best one hands down. Best music, best open world play (you don't have to more than a few starting missions before you gave access to the whole game), and if you get bored, there's about a few hundred cheats. It had planes, boats, hundreds of cars, and basically anything you could ever want in a sandbox game.