Does Cred Forums have any advice with semi luxury watches (200-350 dollars)

Does Cred Forums have any advice with semi luxury watches (200-350 dollars)

Other urls found in this thread:

rolex.com/watches/sea-dweller/m116660-0003.html
orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/fer2400bw0/
seiko-prospex.com/sky
bradystraps.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have a look at tissot, that are some nice high quality watches for your price range. Also depends what you're looking for, quart/automatic etc...

tissot seconded. love mine. ($800, bit higher than your price range, but the brand is great so the quality will be similar, no regrets).

Any really will do. I know that for this price range you can't buy a self propelling watch

Also if you're looking for cheap watches, you can find plenty of watches on sites like aliexpress. You can buy them for ~10 bucks each, quality is okay aswell. Nothing special, but it works

>semi luxury watches
>200-350 dollars

LOLOLOL brah luxury starts at about $3,000. $200 is considered entry level and cheap

tissot can be expensive. Citizen isn't bad..

Man in that price range I'd get a sportsy watch. You actually have a reason for getting one and can say "I bought this because of x" instead of "I'm a broke bitch but I still want to wear a decent watch".

This. Pick a style you can afford, don't fake a style you can't.

yea you can. Look up relic, I got a self winding open face watch from them and love it.

If you are talking about mechanical self winding movements there are a shit ton of brands that will sell for below $350. Seiko, Orient, Citizen, deep blue, invicta, seagull, parnis, the list goes on

i have one of these on my desk right now.. shit tier

>semi luxury watches
>200-350 dollars
topkek

Nice Ropex you got there

thats a google image the real one is right here.... I wear my Apple watch or Gshock more then anything else

Posts google image of terrible fake.
Claims to have real one 'right here'
I see

Orient.
Seiko.
Hamilton.
Vostok.
Citizen.
Tissot.

Try Citizen

just get a movado you poor fag

yah it's such a crappy fake

Citizen or Seiko are good choices for a quartz. They don't make anything that's complete shit - no need to pay more.

Save up for a nice Omega or Rolex as a reward for that promotion or graduation. Consider a used one - the depreciation plateaus nicely and in 75 years your kid will like having it.

you realize the image is literally off of rolex's website right?

rolex.com/watches/sea-dweller/m116660-0003.html

you're not too bright

It's fake, fag

Fossil negro

Fossil is a faggot chinese watches.

That's $1000. I have one just cause.

>Fossil
Kill yourself

>rolex posts fake pictures of their watch

Im assuming because you own one you know right? or no probably not...

Daniel Wellington

Jap spotted
Lrn 2 inrish faget

orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/fer2400bw0/

The Orient Bambino is a watch I rate as being an entry level dress watch, it's a great watch to wear and its vintage styling always brings comments from people that see its domed glass face.

seiko-prospex.com/sky
Seiko has some great sports chronometer/fancy gimmick watches for the $300-400 mark too

Tissot always worth a look. Some nice Seiko autos there as well

Post timestamp with your fake rolex

Not even a watch company.

Movado watches look like fucking shit

lol 200-350 isnt semi luxury! My tag cost me £1200 and that's barely semi luxury, I think. Still, for that price get yourself a seiko or citizen, i've had both and they keep time brilliantly. Never had an issue with any of mine

thinking of getting this watch. anyone have it? thoughts?

Don't pay any more than maybe $300.

Watches between $300 and say, $8K are a waste of time money. Shit like quartz Gucci, Movado etc that kinda crap will depreciate to zero and no one gives more than zero fucks that you have one.

>semi luxury watches (200-350 dollars)

Bawahahahaha....

Oh, man, the ignorance. Like others have already said, that's entry level territory OP. You can find some decent watches around that price range.

I have been studying, buying, selling, and collecting watches since 2009; it's almost a daily hobby.

What I can recommend: Seiko.

What's a Seiko in that price range that looks like luxury and is good quality? The Seiko Sarb033. GOOGLE IT. Great reviews. Great movement. Beautiful watch.

Other brands I recommend in that price range: Orient and Steinhart (mostly homage watches).

My only tip would be to see how a largish watch like that fits on your wrist. It looks heavy and the face might be too bug.

That said, if you like it - go for it. IMO a nice watch exists to impress its wearer, not everyone else.

I've seen reviews on it. Nothing but great reviews. It's an awesome little cheap diver's watch. Nothing fancy. Inexpensive materials. Quartz movement. But it provides the look and decent quality you can expect from Casio.

>shit like quartz
this has to be bait

Go to a Jewlery Store if you don't have 2000 saved for a watch. Get a line of credit. Pay 200 a month. Pay it off quickly. If you're only going to spend 200-350, you may as well just spend 25 dollars on a watch from walmart.
If you don't want to spend that much, wait for a sale or negotiate.

An entry level luxury watch is thousands of dollars. Even my 1,800 Movado Sapphire isn't considered entry level luxury.

Poorfag. Only got a 92 rolex oyster p

>if you don't have 2000 saved for a watch. Get a line of credit. Pay 200 a month.

If you can't afford a luxury watch with your own cash out of the bank, you shouldn't be using credit to buy one. Bad advice.

>If you're only going to spend 200-350, you may as well just spend 25 dollars on a watch from walmart.

Displaying your ignorance again. While no where near luxury, there's several great watches you can get for $2000-$300.

>If you don't want to spend that much, wait for a sale or negotiate.

Or you can just buy used luxury watches, some most in the watch hobby recommends.

>Even my 1,800 Movado Sapphire
>Movado

You fucked up right there, son. Once gain, you proved to be an ignorant fuck concerning watches. Fuck off, and until you learn more, don't give anymore shit advice about watches.

#fucking owned

Don't buy a Citizen unless you want to lose 60-80% of the money when you go to sale. Bump your budget up a bit and buy a used C.Ward C60 for ~$450 or buy a new Orient.

awesome, that's really what I'm looking for. Thank you for the advice. My coworker's fake rolex looks pretty good on my wrist, and this watch is only 4mm bigger.

I've owned a few casios (an indestructible f91w for field work and also a g-shock back when I was younger) and I have a lot of loyalty to the brand.

lol what a fucking faggot, movado watches look like absolute hipster dog shit! Congrats on your faggoty choice in watches

>buying cheap watches
>concerned about losing money and resell

That would be good somewhat good advice if we were talking about real luxury watches. That's not something to concern yourself with when it comes to throw away shitters.

>Bump your budget up a bit and buy a used C.Ward C60 for ~$450 or buy a new Orient.

That's good advice...

Great user, I hope you enjoy it!

There's a lot of posturing and wankery that comes with horology, but you've got a solid make, a decent model and an enthusiasm for the watch itself. You're set, son. Go get it and wear the shit out of it.

My MK1 C60 limited edition COSC.

Things you look for in a watch, stainless case, sapphire crystal, reputable movement and conventional lugs that will allow for multiple non proprietary strap options.

I've had one for a couple of years now.

It's a really nice piece for the money, although I agree with the other user in that it wears fairly big at 44mm (I believe) case diameter, so exercise caution if you have narrow wrists.

It's breddy durable, accurate as any quartz movement will be, and the detailing is really good considering it's a sub $100 watch.

Here's mine on a NATO strap.

I made money on the sell of my $200 OG big pilot Maratac... Buy smart and you can lose minimal or no money.

Using Jewlery Stores to build credit isn't a bad idea and even if you can't afford it outright, every gentleman needs a good watch for certain occasions.
You can call a 200-300 dollar great, but I consider that level of watch garbage. Quite frankly, people who wear that level of watch tend to be dumb assholes who hashtag shit on Cred Forums. It's not ignorance. It's oppinion.
Sure, you can buy a really nice watch used, but again, if you don't have the cash, you can't, which is why I didn't touch that subject.
I own one Movado watch. One. I was using it as an example. Talk shit all you want on Movado watches, but they have a few watches that collectors like, so w/e
Climb down from your shitty 200-350 dollar used pedestal you bought off ebay.

I guess I'm spoiled. Not to sound like a jack ass, but I don't really care about getting $200 back by selling a beater watch. I'd rather give it away, throw it in a drawer, or scrap it for parts.

>Maratac Big Pilot

>Very desirable to collectors, and unavailable to buy direct from CountyComm in many countries due to their selling policies

This is probably one of a few dozen inexpensive watches that are able to retain any real value.

If you want a nice looking, good quality watch in that price range, I would recommend you look at pieces from Seiko, Citizen or Orient.

Thanks fellas! It looks so good with that strap. I've just ordered it, and on amazon prime so I can return it if really is too big. but I have large wrists so I should be OK.

>clr_exif.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.

>Actual sensible advice on Cred Forums

I have to sit down, the room is spinning.

Breitling navitimer 01 checking in

Dumb ass, again, I said if you can't afford to buy a luxury watch with your own money, you shouldn't be buying one with credit. It's called getting your fucking priorities in order, moron.

Finance a house? Fine. That's a need.

Finance a used car? Fine. That's MAY be a need.

Finance a luxury watch? NO. That's a want, not a need.

That's retarded financial advice, you fucking idiot. That's not the right way to build credit.

>You can call a 200-300 dollar great, but I consider that level of watch garbage. Quite frankly, people who wear that level of watch tend to be dumb assholes who hashtag shit on Cred Forums.

I know quite a few successful people that own luxury watches such as Rolex, Omega, etc, and they LOVE their beater watches priced around $200-$300. Like me, they know watches inside and fucking out. I guess their "dumb" too, huh?

>I own one Movado watch. One. I was using it as an example. Talk shit all you want on Movado watches, but they have a few watches that collectors like, so w/e

In what watch community? South America? LOL. The general consensus on Movado in the forums: much greater pieces for that money. Stay away.

Fuck, you prove me right.

>Climb down from your shitty 200-350 dollar used pedestal you bought off ebay.

Assume more. I haven't posted my watches.

>needs

Nah... that's not a need.

Orient or sieko is literally only good watch you're gonna get in this price range. Semi luxury starts around 3k w stuff like doxa and tag in the sport watches.

Yeah, NATO and Zulu bands are a good choice for divers, and with the black face and bezel, you can pair it up with any color combination and it'll look good.
Also the fact that they're inexpensive and durable.

I probably have almost a dozen different colors and styles that I switch out between three different divers and two Mondaine style watches that share the same lug size.

I'm not rich enough to buy throwaway jewelry at this point. At this point the way I see it is a watch isn't a necessity in the same way transportation, shelter and sustenance are so it behooves to buy as smart as possible. I wish I knew 8 years ago what I know today about watches.

My next watch will probably be a black GMT-Master II, but I dont have a spare 8k laying around anytime soon. So I'll stick to my C.Wards for now, maybe an Omega between now amd then.

You're the one who said you owned a Rolex, faggot

>NATO and Zulu bands are a good choice for divers

Yup. Also mesh bracelets, assuming that's your cup of tea.

Pair dress watches with leather straps. You can, but I wouldn't put leather straps on divers.

Daniel Wellington are meme watches.

Very expensive for what amounts to a cheap Chinese quartz movement housed in a plain, conventional case, with thin plating on the gold models, and cheap nylon/leather bands.

All style, no substance.

Only the ignorant and gullible buy into shitters like that.

Get a Nixon watch, personally I think the best design is The Player.
www.nixon.com
You won't break the bank for something that tells time, and people will take notice.
Smart money.

Mesh is a good choice, yeah. I have a Divex "professional dive watch" that came with a heavy mesh aftermarket bracelet, and it definitely looks the part.

Another nice looking and thematically appropriate option is sailcloth:

bradystraps.com/

>I'm not rich enough to buy throwaway jewelry at this point.

I got the money to, but I probably shouldn't. I waste so much money.

>My next watch will probably be a black GMT-Master II, but I dont have a spare 8k laying around anytime soon.

Oh well. You're get there if you really want it. What about the batman GMT?

>C.Wards

It will suffice for now. Great watches. I'd buy one, but their automatic divers are too big for me.

>pic related: my 16610 D serial

I know a bunch of guys that have different Nixon watches, and while most are cheap internally, they look pretty nice.

>I am often referred to as a pretentious blowhard by my peers

I hear a lot of positives about C. Ward, but have never seen one in person to gauge for myself if the hype is deserved.

anything swiss
-forget trendy brands and japanese

>those not perfectly aligned SEL's.

>authentic.

Pick one, dude.

You can't get anything Swiss at that price point, you ignorant shitlord.

Kek

I use that same lube.

Interesting considering every 16610 D serial I just looked at has the same problem. Go ahead and provide another bogus reason as to why my watch is fake.

Its an extra ~1k for a look I'm not nuts about, if I'm going for colors I'd pick up a hulk. They look sharp but all black is the one for me.

Get you hands on one, the quality will impress you regardless of the price. Once you consider the price it's going to be really hard to come around on spending 3x more for similar products.

I actually sold my Bronze Olivier Diver (for a profit) to buy this Chronometer amd dont regret it for a moment.

Actually, you can. You can buy a Chinese made watch case and bracelet with a Swiss movement. You can buy watches that are Swiss Made, because they meet the bare minimum requirements to be called Swiss Made.

100% in-house Swiss Made like Rolex? No.

either butthurt about better watches or bait

>I'd pick up a hulk

Hulk is a beauty. I like the 16610 pre-ceramic LV maxi dial too.

>They look sharp but all black is the one for me.

Indeed. As much as I love my classic Sub, I am really thinking about buying a ceramic. The lume. The clasp. The solid links. I just hate the maxi case. The new subs would be perfect if it had the classic case with all the modern upgrades.

$900 when it goes on sale but it's amazing

>semi luxury watches
>200-350 dollars

don't fuckn buy a citizen u closeted queer

Ball is a great watch, BUT...

Tritiums half life is shit and the dials just look piss poor because of the use of trit tubes. If you can get over the looks of the dial however theu make a great watch.

/thread

I think the dials look fantastic, especially the second hand

Bottom line of you budget is ~250 and you're buying new, if your not buying an Orient your wrong.
Google:
M-FORCE BLUE DIAL MENS DIVERS WATCH SEL03001D0 EL03001D

Thats a fuckload of watch for less than $300

Victorinox (swiss army) is sporty but nice in that price range, and swiss made. You don't want chinese or japanese made (like citizen or seiko), those tend to be crap.

>You don't want chinese or japanese made (like citizen or seiko), those tend to be crap.

Most people in the know in the watch community disagree.

>You don't want chinese or japanese made (like citizen or seiko), those tend to be crap
Seiko is known by anyone that knows anything about watches to be one of the best and most reliable watches that money can buy.

Shut up, you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Same. Its so good. The glow in the dark is great when I need to find my cock. When i turn the lights off it looks like homer simpson walking in the dark holding a nuclear reactor bar

>bar

You mean needle.

No I mean bar.

>small dick confirmed

How is it confirmed?

Citizen/Orient/Seiko.Pick one you like and you can hardly go wrong.

First world fags. Keep your money and stop buying trinkets to prove you have money that you don't really have.

maybe not in United Retards of America,
but here where they are made, we don't pay for marketing