Has Cred Forums been to uni?

Has Cred Forums been to uni?
Was it any good, specify if uk or usa.
Thinking of going to uk uni.

come to nz fam, i'll hook you up with a job afterwards

I can get a job in the uk if I do placement for a year

Went to Exeter Uni. UK.

Was great fun. Certainly better than staying the dead end town I was living in, with the soulless people who remained. (Anyone with any brain or sense left to go to uni.)

Whats the job anyway?

What are the parties like?

>Went to a Uni in London
>Fucked a lot of girls
>Got a jobworthy degree
>Still don't think its good value for money

I wouldn't come to UK OP.

I was born here, not much choice, I don't think the courses are worth 9k a year, but I'll just get a loan

What is it you want to do at uni? I wish I'd had done a technical course or an apprenticeship looking back.

Computer Science

Doing networked systems engineering at uni, is kay

Anyone got a job for me afterwards?

Won't the uni put you on a placement year? If you do well there they might offer you a job

Enjoying being a neet, faggot

Oh yeah there's a 3rd year sandwich placement thing, haven't really read up on it yet

Go to uni > Get job
Not a neet

Is it worth going to uni for 4 years, instead of 3?

It's pretty great. A LOT of new friends, meaningful shit to do, more parties than you're physically able to attend to... It might not be for everyone but I sure as hell am enjoying it.

Most likely, you might as well stay the extra year and learn everything.

I know that they put you an a placement year, and you can work, but does it actually make a difference in the long run?

Yes, you learn a lot about working in that field, you make friends and good contacts, possibly join a big company and work your way up, great on cv when applying other company's in the same field.

Well you get to practice what you've been taught, a good method to learn it even better.

You get some experience on the type of job you'd be doing, maybe you don't even like it. You could ask a lot of questions about that type of job also.

You might even like it there and they offer you a job after your course is done.

Besides, I think it's over the summer anyway, so it's totally worth it, yeah.

I kind of want to get student accommodation for the fun of being independent, but I don't like that far from uni and it would be so much cheaper to get a train or even run a car.

No
College is a waste of time/money

Just think what's gonna be better for you long term. I made the choice of staying at home because gonna cut out a lot of stress and debt.

Also it's super fucking easy living at home.

pros: Free rent, free food, great internet, no home sickness.
cons: Harder to go to partys, not much independence, long travel times.

You can have independence if you make it. You can leave the house and do whatever whenever you want.

The rest is kinda shitty though, although I know people who have parties so it's k

I tend to worry a lot about whether I'm actually smart enough to do uni.. I don't want to drop out and be in debt for no reason.

If you can get the grades to get in, you should be alright. You just need to make sure to put the work in.

I'm a chronic procrastinator.. I'm procrastinating right now!