To kaneis lathos
Π
Ν Ε Ο
Υ
Τ
Σ
Ε
Σ

Don't give kids in their puberty meds it will slow the grow and suppress the puberty for a bit

me without my adderall

I seriously need to find a pill dealer in my area. I recently moved to the midwest from southern california (where the pills were plentifull) and now i'm sol

Normal brain, I asume. Addaral makes some go jumpy

SQUIRREL!

before I got diagnosed and medicated for my adhd, the only time I felt normal was when I was drinking. Anyone else find this about adhd?

Do you guys take your pills on weekends?

How much is a vyvanse 60mg worth.

Pic related.

I usually sell em to friends only for 6$ a pop cause I don't want any hassle, but recently I've figured I only need about half of what I have, looking to make decent money.

Pic related

Why would I want my life to suck 7 days a week ?

I'd buy the 50s for 7 a pop but the guy got them for 4 i think . You can easily fump them for 10 a pop depending on where you live, which dtate?

Which state*

100% true.
Brought this up in the ADHD thread last night

Amphetamine addiction is cool.

12 year olds getting high on amphetamines is socially acceptable.

*if* you have ADD/ADHD and take appropriate quantities of amphetamines you will not become dependent on them, and will not have any euphoria from the drug.

recently diagnosed, been on Concerta a month, on 54mg

Im pretty sure Adderall is making me depressed. Or it's just because I'm a faggot.

ADHD isnt real, autism is real here

im on adderall and prozac and the both of em level me out pretty good

Canada. Quebec.

I was reading some shit awhile ago a little after I got diagnosed when I was 16, it was an article which was basically saying ADD/ADHD people are Hunter x Gatherers in terms of they always want to be moving/doing something different.

yeah its something to do with ancient times when humans moved towards farming cultures. Modern day normal people have "farmer" minds but those of us with ADD or ADHD have "Hunter/Gatherer" minds.

What does adderall do when you adhd?

makes you "normal"

Nomadic peoples have higher rates of ADD/ADHDers, so it would make sense that this trait would be selected for in some situations, and selected against in others.

It slows your head down, gets rid of brain fog, levels you out, and just generally makes you able to concentrate and focus and function like a normal human.

Answer:
ADHD: Yes/No
Smoker: Yes/No (How does smoking make you feel?)

If this is true, what type of job/lifestyle would suit me best?

Been diagnosed since i was 4 and taking meds since then. Never felt any dependency.

the pube on the left...

Sales is great if you can focus by taking medication, business that involves a constantly changing environment, jobs that requires tremendous creativity that will not leave you bored, or jobs that have no hours but only work that needs to be done. Honestly it depends on who you are and your strengths and weaknesses. All I have to say is that structure is the enemy of the ADD/ADHDer; as the structure is generally designed for those who are typical, and do not suit us well.
Any strengths or weaknesses you have and could articulate would allow me to provide you with a better answer user.

Do you keep these down your pants?

if you stopped taking them, i bet you would notice your dependence.

also noticed the pube

Vyvanse makes me pull out my beard as a nervous tick. Especially rolling 60s every day , sometimes 120 for studying

ADD has ruined my education

Strengths being - Writing, Overall Creativity

Weaknesses being - Little Patience, Easily Agitated (fast comedown though)

>Be me
>Meet drunken milf at bar
>Babbles on and on about her "special needs" child
>Can't work because of special needs child
>Special needs child needs special education
>She has plenty of money for beer so we get wasted
>Eventually ask her what is wrong with her kid
>ADHD
>mfw

adhd has ruined my... oh look a butterfly.

Easily agitated in what way?
How bad?
Can you work well with others?
You you enjoy writing?

how did you figure out that you have adhd/add

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

If you match an assload of the symptoms, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor and chat about it.

im not the one you quoted but after work if I didn't take my meds i'm 100% drained. I come home dragging my feet barely able to look at anyone let alone talk to them. Really takes the fuckin good out of me.

>uses wikipedia as a source

lmao

I highly prefer to work alone as I get things done 10x faster.

Easily agitated in terms of if you touch me unwarranted I'll get pretty agitated, but I'd calm down in about 10 seconds.

I enjoy writing when there's either no prompt or a very broad prompt.

wikipedia is a good source for gathering preliminary information; and provides as list of references to read more about below. This isn't 2008 anymore.
You are overstimulated from work without the focus and ability to ignore meaningless stimuli, so this is a predictable result.
Plenty of ways to work alone in writing. You could be a journalist although that profession has quickly one that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, but I'm sure that with the proper advice from professors you could find a job that suits your skills. Don't lie about your lack of ability to work with others though, or you may be stuck with a track that locks you into doing that and you will hate yourself.

Really appreciated man, thanks so much.

Of course, any more questions that you have you can just ask.

One last question, I recently switched from concerta to adderall and I've noticed more suicidal thoughts and a depressive mindset. Is it the medicine that's causing this or is it the fact the medicine is allowing me to acknowledge these thoughts when they'd otherwise be drowned out by all of my other thoughts? Sorry if that question was a little jammed but it's hard to put into words.

I bought adderall off my friends a few times and I usually share them, it makes my friends all cracked out and calms me way the fuck down and kinda mellows me out... never thought about it until last time when my friend was like maybe you have ADHD. I kinda wanna ask my doctor but dont want to bring it up without sounding like a pill thirsty Crack head

makes you high if you take enough of it.

What comes up must come down.
When you take a stimulant the neurological activity in your brain spikes. In typical people this causes the symptoms of ADHD, but with those who have ADHD the brain is wired differently, and instead of speeding everything up, it slows them down. If the thoughts are AFTER the adderall wears off, then you are rebounding. You need something to taper you down so you don't go from 0-100 then slam the breaks and go down to 0 too quickly. This is common, especially for those who have these thoughts before diagnosis and treatment (like me). There is no silver bullet to fixing this, but doctors will likely put you on an SSRI (look it up) or some other antidepressant. I stay away from them but thats just me. Also if you drink, stop doing that. It really fucks with your brain to go from 0-100 to 0 to -50 all in one day.

I certainly suffer from this and it causes me a lot of anxiety and depression in my life, but contrary to popular belief there are actually benefits of having ADD - this benefit is the fact that people who have ADD who find what it is that they enjoy doing hyperfocus on it to the point of obsession, often becoming the best at what they do in their field. It's hard getting through the teen years (in my case not knowing why I had so little motivation until I was in university - I assumed I was just broken).

Was on vyvanse for quite some time - I tried a number of different medications, they would all work for a month and then stop working, eventually I got so fed up I stopped taking medication - It's very very difficult functioning without it but I do think there is value in coaching yourself to work through your emotions/anxiety. You learn much more about yourself and also become better at controlling it without medication.

My point here is this :

To anyone with ADD I can't speak for ADHD because I lack the hyperactive portion but,

Research your condition, learn what it is, how it works, what some solutions are - learn what helps you first. I feel a lot of people with ADD will quickly learn that acknowledging their condition, accepting it and attempting coping mechanisms will serve them much better than medication. Medication should only be used if the previous does not work. I just hope that anyone who reads this at least considers my perspective because Doctors are wayy to quick to prescribe in a lot of cases.

/thread

ITT people with an imaginary disorder

Ritalin 40mb/day here. Not really ADHD but ritalin helps me anyway so it's fine.

The disorder is not imaginary - it is simply just wayyyy over diagnosed because many Doctors don't know how to differentiate between the condition and the symptoms. This causes a lot of "fake" diagnosis which greatly discredits the disorder to begin with.

thanks man, you seem to know your stuff

We'd have more accurate diagnoses if ADD/ADHDers could get through med school... I've yet to meet a single doctor who has ADD or ADHD. I'm chalking that up to the boring tediousness of med school though, because I've seen many people with PhDs that also have ADD or ADHD.

When i was young (about 4) iwas a little asshole and i couldnt focus on anything, they put me in weighted vests to try to tire me out and everything, i was diagnosed with adhd and i swear i remember them giving me like 50-60 mgs of adderall. I ended up taking it for a few years but i dont have much memory of that time, but everyone said i resembled a zombie, after a while i moved with my father and he took me off the medication and i gained a ton of weight and everything, i was able to handle life better but now im starting to womder if i should get back on it because my brain is always running and im tired of not being able to keep constant eye contact when talking to people or having an awkwardness when talkingnto some people and anxiety and ocd. I guess in short, id like your guys input because i dont have many people who can relate to me on this front

I'm sure that there are some, but it's a terrible cycle that stops ADHDers from getting through med school.

Seems that people who first diagnosed/medicated in adulthood benefit from it a lot better than those who were medicated in their youth. I'd look into it if I were you.

Do you guys ever have the feeling of wanting to let all the built uo creativity out but you dont know what medium to do it through and its frustrating

Montreal?

My mentor in college went to Harvard, and is a very well educated person with ADHD. She said it was surprising that most of the scientists had some form of ADD, whereas many of the lawyers had aspergers. This led to thinking about the benefits of many genetic disorders, and how some professions have more of certain types of people by virtue of what is required of the person in the profession.

i find its more like being unable to get whats in your head out. My head is full of creativity but I struggle to get it out whether it be in words, music, or other artistic mediums.

I don't think I could have stopped myself from punching her in the face like a man.

Yeah dude, like i see streams of colors for paintings and i conceptualize great stories and ideas for movies and shit but i cant get it out of my head

I found my outlet through engineering and design however it surprises a lot of people when I tell them that

Vyvanse anyone?
50mg here

This is what I used to be on - was the only thing that remotely worked for me, everything else was too strong

I could also argue that people with the condition are likely to avoid professions which require copious amounts of paperwork/ memorization.

I really want to try adderall..

what are the chances to get it via mail?
There are really few kids diagnosed here it is unpopular drug and diagnose where I live (eastern EU). Would love to try this shit though.

Someone's friend you know ever successfully bought it?

I never had anything else. Started with it ever since I was 7

How old are you now?

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 21, i'm 24 now I eventually went off of it because I can function in the working world without it, but school was rough for me

I haven't heard any stories about non-prescribed people and adderall. But I wouldn't mess with adderall.

I wish you luck my friend, post secondary was the hardest for me because I simply could not motivate myself to do anything that I was disinterested in, even if I found it simple. I strongly recommend trying to learn your specific subtype, and learning ways of mitigating it so that maybe one day you can function without it - you will become a much stronger person for it I promise you, but it is a rough road. one big BIG BIG thing - exercise regularly - never stop or your condition will start to get ahead of you and take over your life. They have proven regular exercise greatly mitigates symptoms

For me, since mine manifests more as a lack of focus/scatterbrain memory shit, it lets me concentrate on the stuff I'm supposed to be concentrating on instead of, say, the TV on the other side of the room that I can hear and see just well enough to fuck my shit up. I can carry on a conversation without having to fake half of it because I have no idea what's going on. I can remember everything my boss/wife/whoever the fuck just told me. I also find I'm more in the moment than in my head, which is a huge problem otherwise.

oh my fucking god..
I excelled in school, became a lawyer, yet have high interest in tons of spheres from engineering, to psychology and drama and comedy. I'd describe myself as really creative.

Doubt I have clear ADHD, probably traits of ADHD and some autism spectrum. I have good memory am very social and can focus tremedously on things that interest me, yet my greatest challenge is finding things I have this feeling of passion for.

I literally need this to get my life together, earn more cash and get a business running and make a family finally!

You will learn in time that living in your head can be quite beneficial to you when it comes to creative thinking - people dismiss this and say well living in your head is always bad and etc etcetc. I always try to make people aware of the fact that there are symptoms of ADD that in certain professions (mine is engineering) that can actually be very heavy strengths

Anyone have a source to this article/claim?
First time I've heard it, but it would make sense.

What a coincidence. I was gonna start an adderall thread. Someone gave me four 25mg adderall XR yesterday, so I split one in half a took half the contents. Feeling pretty chill. Nice and focused. Normally I'm ripping my fingernails apart. Might get a prescription

My creativity is definitely higher when I am in my head. I've written my best music, lyrics, poetry, and done my best painting when I've been in my head. Unfortunately, the muse that inspires me is depression. It's much better for me and my relationships if I'm not in my head too much. It's unfortunate that my loss of creativity in itself is depressing, but not depressing enough to gain any inspiration.

No
No

anyone tried addy and street speed?
how did you dose your speed to achive the same effects like on addy?
Lets say its good speed

I used to be a musician myself, I know what you mean about the depression, but once you learn to control it, your inspiration can come from your heart instead of your depression. Don't lose your creativity because you crave a "normal" lifestyle. It's what makes you special - you just need to learn to control it.

21yrs going strong. Crystal on wkends to keep it interesting

Thanks for the bad ass advice user. I, too, wish you luck out there in the world.

dude I live like a fucking witcher - read tons of stuff what it does or doesn't, acquire it and try it.
Noone really knows, since I lead a very normal good life.

Adderall as I gathered is basically amphetamine derivative with the same effect, but pills contain very little of the active substance. Street meth and amp is too unpure and sold by lowest types of peasants, so fuck that.

But I like to experiment with my body, save with brain. Being a completely mindless psychonaut is not my thing. I've tried tons of things, not only drug related (i.e. meditation, being in different environments, different physical and mental conditioning methods etc), from those crack and few different steroid cycles were the best. Simple bodybuilding steroids to large part are by far superior to any drug, they make you feel and look better if you don't abuse them and relatively easy to get and you can be on the wave for months. (there are lots of dangers if you don't carefully study what you do tho)

I've got it I know I have I couldn't keep still as a kid wouldn't let anyone help me cos I had to do everything by myself I research subjects get a good understanding then just fuck it learn something new at work I have a trade I'm the best at it everyone knows I am as I'm obsessive about my job I have to work on my own cos others don't do things as good as me and it's fucking irritating I work in construction so doing something different all the time is great. I worked in a factory once and I used to be in tears going to work I hated it that much.The only time I feel relaxed is when I have some amphetamine I can't live without it now. Do you think I should tell my doc?

I've hit a pretty good balance these days. I don't crave a normal lifestyle at all, and I'll never be what people would consider "normal". I'm very okay with that. Normal is boring. Teetering on the brink of blowing my brains out though, I'm not so keen on that. I've got my depression managed. I've got my adhd managed. It just takes me a little longer than it used to to write songs that I feel good about. Could be because I'm not willing to settle for anything that doesn't make me feel though.

I'm turning 30 in a few months, and am supposed to be tested for ADHD, but I've been trying to contact the psychiatrist I was referred to for months, despite the fact that I have really good insurance. My parents wanted me tested in middle/high school, but I pitched a fit, and they took my opinion instead of the ADULTS. Anyway, I can't focus at work, and I have a really demanding job. I'll start writing a letter to a client, and suddenly be on the phone with another agency, and I'm like "how did this happen?" I can kind of self-medicate with coffee. It helps me focus, but it makes me have symptoms similar to panic attacks. I already get so hyperactive, that I can annoy people. Anyway, I'm super goody-goody, and have never done illegal drugs. I didn't drink until I turned 21. I'm scared to get on the prescription stuff... how does it make you guys feel? What have you found that was best?

Without the proper balance, it gave me the worst mood swings. I could literally go from being totally happy to punching a hole in a wall in a matter of seconds for no logical reason. If you're going to pursue this now in your life, I recommend through your psychiatrist learning more about your condition and maybe ways of controlling some of that shitiness you feel. I myself do not like being on the meds which is why I eventually learned enough coping mechanisms to function which is why I always tell people to avoid meds as long as you can - only use them as a last ditch effort because nothing else is working. If you don't exercise regularly I recommend starting to - it will help your symptoms - aside from that if you end up needing the meds, I recommend concerta or vyvanse because they are slow release as opposed to dexadrine or ritalin which gives you a dose immediately and can really fuck up your mental state because it spikes

same here.

For anons talking about not being able to let your creativity out. I carry around a notebook with me all day that I keep to myself I write down every thought I deem important because I found its easier to comprehend when you write it on paper.

>you will not become dependent on them
You don't understand how amphetamines work. It doesn't matter the dose you take, your body will slowly stop reacting to it if you continue to take the same dose over and over. At which point you either increase the dose because you become DEPENDENT ON THEM, or you stop taking them because the current dose has no effect.

Thats not dependance, thats tolerance.
You can quit them at any time, and you will not have withdrawals. Psychological dependance is as issue with everything, so I don't even bother addressing that.

When people with adhd take amphetamines in their prescribed dosages they don't get high,they get normal

I do this too.
I have a fucking mountain of notebooks at this point. Can never muster the interest to actually go through them.

I wonder what percentage of "ADHD diagnoses" are just kids that have shitty focus because they weren't raised by responsible adults who understand that a child needs to be taught to behave and concentrate on things that are important, rather than given a TV remote when he comes home with all F's on his report card.

How can you feel dependency if you were taking them regularly for so long,why don't you try stopping for a while see how that shit feels

Senior in highschool right now, I find myself skipping classes to go to the woods near my school just to write. Side note, I also find music an amazing creativity boost; it also drowns out noise.

yes