youtube.com/watch?v=8sP0R3eae_w
youtube.com/watch?v=kgeYAOpv6v4
youtube.com/watch?v=MxJvON4yaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ppsd7IEtbNg
youtube.com/watch?v=h383LrlrbD8
youtube.com/watch?v=gNdz3Gk_xDk
youtube.com/watch?v=np7cMBcvSww
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do love a bit of Dopethrone, but i feel it gets repetetive after Funeralopolis

Yeah I wish some of it was developed a bit more. Witchfinder is so fucking crushing at first but it just drags on. Other than moments like that I godamn love it.

I dont really know of any other doom bands as i'm still new to the genre, and i've heard Electric Wizard are shit now, so idk where to start

true
Witchfinder General, Candlemass, Pagan Altar. Rest is meme music.
Candlemass and go from there

I would give their later stuff a listen first. Time To Die gets shat on a lot but I really enjoyed. Not their best, but their darkest.

As for other bands, try Conan, Bongripper, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Trouble, reverend bizzare, and Warhorse.

Pagan Altar is really good , recommend

I forgot about Pentagram. Pentagram is must.

They're memes for a reason

Thank you user's, i shall be checking all these bands out soon

so like, basically the whole record then?
lol wtf man

Witchcraft today is my favorite Electric Wizard album.

Sleep is a meme at this point but def worth checking out

name a better album than pic related
protip : you literally cannot because it is not possible within the current laws of the universe

What do you mean? These bands are canon and must know if you want to listen doom metal

With The Dead

No love for Saint Vitus?

Sleep is also god tier

Saint Vitus indeed plays mean doom but it quickly gets repetitive and kinda boring, for me at least

>Sleep is a meme at this point but def worth checking out

As if this somehow diminishes their music? What are you even trying to say? Do you even know? How does it feel to view everything in life as memes?

I dab every morning and drive to work bangin this shit

1. Nice psychoanalysis, chill out
2. I'm trying to say the opposite. People dismiss music as "dad rock" and such, but just because it has no bearing on quality it doesn't mean that the descriptor can't be somewhat true.

While what you say is true, no one is dismissing anything here though. Someone is asking for recommendations and they're not going to dismiss something they don't even know about.

I know how people these days love to inject maymays into everything, but you're bringing them up for reasons that don't even presently exist. Seek help.

Good shit thanks sir

Define meme.

I heard of sleep well before I got into doom from all the "Matt Pike for president" and other such silliness.

I brought it up because someone up higher was prattling about how candlemass was the only good doom band and the rest is all "meme music."

Why doesn't anyone ever mention mael mordha?

Stoned Jesus are fucking awesome. They're from Ukraine and they frequently tour Europe.

I'm kinda new to doom myself, but I really like Sleep (and their related acts Om and High on Fire) as well as Windhand.
I tried listening to Electric Wizard but most of their stuff is too fuzzy, wall-of-sound for me.
I've also heard a bunch of other bands spotify has spat in my direction but nothing very notable thus far.
Any recommendations based on that?

sunn's pretty boring

Sounds like you'd enjoy Pentagram, Trouble, some of Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, the very first electric wizard album (quite a different style), and maaayyybe Bongripper (still fuzzy, but a different style).

Seriously, why anyone didn't post stoner kebab

Forgot, try some black sabbath as well.

This album is fucking great dude

Kvelertak is godtier in my opinion

If you like female vocals, the album by Grajo is very good.

In general for newer stuff just follow Stoned Meadow of Doom on youtube, the dude posts absolute gold

youtube.com/watch?v=8sP0R3eae_w

If you dont like wall of sound try Pagan Altar and Witchfinder General

How has nobody recommended Cathedral yet? Start with the Carnival Bizarre album

I love Pentagram and Sabbath, they're part of the reason I wanted to give doom a chance in the first place. I've heard a few Bongripper songs, they're ok, but def not the vibe I'm looking for. I'll check out the other bands.

Thanks! I'll give them a listen.

Cool, Uncle acid is basically Beatles plus sabbath. It's really weird but a very unique vibe.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgeYAOpv6v4
youtube.com/watch?v=MxJvON4yaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ppsd7IEtbNg
youtube.com/watch?v=h383LrlrbD8
youtube.com/watch?v=gNdz3Gk_xDk

faggots try monolord

Reverend bizzare

Acid King

You got it.

Stoner metal is garbage. get fucked wimps

youtube.com/watch?v=np7cMBcvSww

diSEMBOWELMENT

DEATH DOOM #1

so fucking stoked for new album

modern doom and american BM are doing it right

hhhnnnnnnnngggg

yeah boi

lot of crossover from straight doom but the influence is here. Yob has been releasing killer albums for well over a decade. Scheidt is a monster

Ayy, got this shit on now. Hoping yo see em in December