Anyone out there have a reason not to commit to a suicidal act? No one seems to be able to...

Anyone out there have a reason not to commit to a suicidal act? No one seems to be able to. I called a suicide prevention hotline today and it turned into an argument.

Im tired of being a slave

That's the kind of thing you have to find for yourself. Anyone can tell you it'll get better or think of whoever, but that's supposition not an actual reason. If you're going to do it, if you're not, that's all up to you.

I'm not seriously considering it, just looking for answers. Surely there must be some reason out there

>just looking for answers
Sure, that's fine. But the answer is that the only answer is the one that you find. Nobody can give you a concrete reason to wake up in the morning because nobody will ever live inside your head or in your shoes.

I' like the idea as far as controlling my situation, knowing the things I know, it's difficult to put on a brave face every day, and make my bosses rich

so is it as evil as we've been led to believe?
Our experience is a sham and we're all doomed, is it possible to be truly happy when you're indentured to a war machine, or is the true Valor in not accepting in, REFUSING to be that?

Evil? No. It's just senseless using of time. There is no sin, and there is no merit. There is room to find happiness if you look for it, just as there can be happiness outside of it.

I don't need convincing, with the things I know it's only a matter of time before I check out

Reject suicide and create your own meaning

Wish I could help bro. I'm struggling lately, thing is I don't want to kill myself I just sort of want to die.
I'm almost mid 20's, bald, fat, in debt because I'm a fucking retard with self control issues.
I'm in a relationship with a girl who I love but sort of feel I'm stuck in because I know that she's the best I'll ever get - but she wants to get married and have kids some day.
I know I'd just fuck that up like everything else I do.
My will to live is eroding a little more every day

Our food is poison, the water has heavy metals added, our leaders line their coffers with tax money and our infrastructure is crumbling, wars are waged for profit, pop culture teaches kids to fuck, and Bruce Jenner is a fucking girl now.

Absurdism is here for you. Hang in there

Wise and kind words, But no one can answer the question. What reason do any of us have to stay here? And knowing the things I know, how can I come back. Feigning ignorance only works for so long

Honestly, this place is the only place I feel free to say this shit. I have no potential - I'm not smart, funny, athletic, attractive or even skilled at anything
But somehow I feel like I belong here. I see my friends less and less because I'm the punchline of every joke

Well, if we put things logically and, considering the life of the person in question has hit rock bottom the probability of his or her quality of life improving is > 0. If the person dies that probability decreases to 0. So, mathematically, you have better chances alive than dead.

Yes we belong here, but we aren't meant to live like this

Because we know what happens after death

I tried explaining this stiff to my mom earlier, and as a result may have ruined her life

Absolutely nothing happens after death. Your brain dies and "you", that is the unique configuration of neurons that made your body act and react as it did, ceases to exist.

Ice cream sundaes

Just knowing other people feel similar to me makes me feel better you know?
Takes some of the weight off my shoulders realising I'm not alone

Wow I've never talked to someone who's been through it, this is amazing

It is, now off to bed you go.

I've felt this way for a long time, and what I've found about myself is that the idea that there is no meaning and there is nothing after this is extremely comforting. That we're free to stumble through our short lives however we feel fit to and that our circumstances aren't part of any plan that is out of our hands. That we're just a fluke and that we just do what we can with what we have and that's it.

Nope question still stands

Life is hard and it's always going to be hard. Enjoy the little things. The things that make you happy just because they do. Live in the moment. Think of everything, good or bad, as an experience. This is more than likely the only life we get and it's our duty to explore it and give it the meaning that it lacks

Life is so great when you dont give a fuck.

Take out a huge loan and go on an adventure

You are suicidal because you are depressed, you are depressed because you are trapped in the past.

Which question?

That's the thing we are not free.. I constantly feel like a giant has his thumb on my back. Not enough to harm me, just enough to keep me there

The original question I posed

>we are not free
Sure we are. You choose not to be free. You choose to live under the thumb.

I try to enjoy it man, but I'm constantly just thinking about how shitty the hand I'm playing with is - I'm fucking awful at everything, I could deal with it if I had something to compensate - Charisma, Intelligence, Humour any of that shit.
Just sort of feel like I was frankenstein'd out of shit nobody wanted