I was traveling the country of Kyrgyztan for 2 and a half weeks

I was traveling the country of Kyrgyztan for 2 and a half weeks.
I have made some photos, if you're interested.

Ask me anything.

It's somewhere between china and kazakhstan, before anyone asks.

Why?

Shameless selfbump with some pictures.

Was a spontaneous idea of a friend who took me and another friend of ours with him.
He wanted to go out of europe and somewhere where not than many tourists (especially no germans) where.
There where fucktons of germans anyway though.

Aight, what kinda shit can you get into there?

Not sure what you mean.
Different culture, interesting places, whole different lifestyles and some beautiful landscape.
>pic related
Also the people are mostly really nice, but they usually don't speak english.

more pics
also, how much did you pay?
did you like it? would you go back?

Tell us more :)

Some more pictures.

Looks cool, and meant just like what did you do there
How much is the living cost there? Like food and shit

Fucking nice

Also, what language do they speak?

Very nice. I heard that traveling to that part of the world is really cheap but is incredibly nice.

My gf is from there...she told me it's mostly pretty hot there

>also, how much did you pay?
Not that much. 400€ for both flights and all in all 150€ for the stay. Everything there is rediculously cheap.
Bus trip through the city - 0,12€
Pack of cigarettes - 0,60€
A beer in a bar 1€.
>did you like it? would you go back?
We had mixed feelings. The landscape is gorgeous, the citys are beyond fucked up.
>pic related
The people are nice but poor and its a whole other life there. I wouldnt move there.
I'm probably not going back in the next 5 years.

>what did you do there
>How much is the living cost there? Like food and shit
We explored the capitol city of Bishkek, travels around some smaller citys, went hiking a few days, went lurking around at the beach of the Yssik Kul Lake a few days. Different things.

It's extremely cheap there. If you cook for yourself, what we did most of the time you get the incredients for like 3 meals for 3 for like 4€ on the bazar.

>Also, what language do they speak?
In the rural areas kyrgyzian and in the citys mostly russian.
It's an ex-sovjet state.

Traveling is cheap indeed. You pay like 5,50€ for 400 kilometers of bus travel.
It's hot in the summer and really cold in the winter due to the continental climate I think.
Which city is your gf from?

Some more pictures:
This is an abandoned hotel complex at the Yssyk Kul Lake, where we camped for 2 nights.

Our tent compared to a traditional kyrgyz nomad-yurt.
It was not a original yurt though.

This is the inside of the yurt.

Some crazy-ass sunset.

Is anyone lurking btw?

Bischkek

me, cool pics OP, I've never thought of travelling to Kyrgyztan, but it seems interesting, just for the sake of exploration

Nice. The girls are more beautiful than i thought there. I really like how they all have long open hair.

LOL, yes she has also! ;)

It's definitely the best country in that area to travel to. It's the most democratic and has low criminality. We also didnt need a visa, but that depends where you are from.

Just learn some basic russian and pack some diarrhea-pills, you gonna need them.

Our hiking trip.

A weather station in the mountains.

Camping in the mountains.

The national flag, as seen here is the ceiling of a yurt from the inside.

And since the yurt is the national flag, wild camping is allowed in almost the whole country.

cool shit my dude

Some horses in the mountains.

Here...

Even though cannabis is illegal in Kyrgyztan there are approximately 14000 hectare of wild cannabis growing in the country.
>pic related: my mate slav-squating with hemp and hop

Interesting, I heard that the country is quite unstable, with lots of crime, terrorist activities and other political tensions (especially in the south). Is this, in your experience, not the case?

We actually trained our slav-squating skills realy hard.
Lets have a slav squat compilation.

>my mates slav squating in Bishkek.

It is stable compared to its neighbours. Its still corrupt as fuck and a main transfer place for marijuhana and opium. One day before we arrived was a islamistic terror attack on the chinese embassy. It doesnt happen often though.
Politicly there have been some revolutions in the past decades, but since 2010 everything is relatively peacefull.

>me and my mate slav squating in our hostel w/beer and cigarretes.

Great country as long as you stay out of bishkek and around the lake. Hot springs near saruu is great.

Forgot to mention: We've just been in the north of the country. In the south they sometimes get trouble with the usbeks. No glue why though.

>slav squating in front of some photo thingy thing with living animals

>stay out of bishkek and around the lake
Thats pretty much where we have been all the time. Bishkek and once around the lake.
We could have visited some hot springs too, but we didnt since they where inside and we could imagine how they would look like. A dirty concrete pool with stinky warm water.

>i ran out of slav squating photod faster than I thought, so have a pic of our base at the lake

From another point of view.

As nice as the landscape is, the citys are fucked up and ugly.

Another one.

Last two ones where Bishkek, but it doesnt look better in other citys either.
This one is from Karakol, an abandoned fun park like area.

Kyrgyz work morals: Waiters sleeping at work.

definitely interested, please post everything!

These are Mantis, they're like big fried tortellinis with meat in it. The other stuf is so called "salat". Spoiler alert: its not salat, its mayonaise with mini-fries, meat, egg and corn.

No more questions? This is a quiet thread.

80% of the population is islamic. The new mosque in Bishkek is one of the more beautiful buildings.

Just lurking, enjoying the pictures. Urban landscapes look like typical ex communist contries.

On the 31. of septembre the kyrgyz people where celebrating the 25 anniversary of independence off the sovjet union. Also we celebratet the birthday of one of our mates and got really drunk that night.

The national drink of Kyrgyztan is Kymus. Its
fermented horse milk and got a little alcohol. The rural population is drinking it in all occasions.

If you visit Kyrgyztan: stay away from that shit! It tastes just like it sounds and you will shit your guts out after drinking this.

>pic related, we drunk a whole litre.

We enjoyed visiting the bazars. They were really cozy and the athmosphere reminded me kind of a medival setting.
You get literally anything you need at the bazar. From food to household stuff to car pieces or carpets or just anything you get in a building supplies store.

Guys storing watermelons.

Thanks OP, enjoying the photos!

How easy is it to get laid there? Do they have something like a going out culture, considering 80% of the population is Muslim? Have grils approached you there (prolly not when i look at your butt ugly friends)?

Can I get wasted there without people minding? Do people invite you for drinks to get in touch with Westerners?

actually good shit on Cred Forums whatyearisit.jpeg

Sounds like a Sporcler's paradise. What was it like? I'm planning on going next year. What should I see? Where's good in Bishkek? IS there any point going to any other city? How did you travel?

If you want to get from A to B you usually take the Mashrutka. Thats a mercedes sprinter modified as a small city bus. Its very cheap and works very good. Also the etiquette is quite interesting. For example when you have hand luggage, but all seats are taken and you have to stand, you can just give some stranger wo sits your handlugage and he/she will take it on the lap as long as one of you gets out the bus.
>pic kinda related, in the lower left corner you see a mashrutka.

how was it getting by on english?

>How easy is it to get laid there?
We didnt really try, but in the rural area i would say nearly impossible, in the city you should at least speak a little russian. We are no pick up artists though, so no glue how hard it really is.
> Do they have something like a going out culture, considering 80% of the population is Muslim?
There are some clubs and concert halls, but mostly just in Bishkek and probably in Osh(the second biggest city). We just have been to a smaller bar with a DJ once where we actually drank with some natives. The average Kyrgyzian doesnt take islam too serious. We've seen a few muslims drinking.
>Have grils approached you there (prolly not when i look at your butt ugly friends)?
Hey, we are not that ugly!
Actually yes, once a woman came to us and startet flirtin in a suspicious manner. She was subtile asking things like "is it possible to marry someone from europe and move to their country than" and invited us in her apartment. I dont know if she was a hooker or just desperate.
But we often got stared at by girls in public, especially younger ones.
>Can I get wasted there without people minding?
Probably not. Drinking in publik is forbidden as far as I know and we just very rarely saw drunk people. And if, it was elder adults. Young people apparently dont get wasted there, dont ask me why.
>Do people invite you for drinks to get in touch with Westerners?
Actually yes, when we have been in that one bar one of our mates was a bit flirty and so we got invited to another table to drink shitloads of vodka. These guys where muslims too, but apparently they didnt gave a fuck.
>pic related, we, wasted as fuck in Bishkek

You generally can do Bishkek in a few hours there is not much to see. A few parks and a few cultural buildings. I can recoment the Yssik Kul lake for its landscape and you should definitely go hiking in the mountains, that was my personal favorite time there.
We have just been in th citys around the lake, they are small and mostly prety much the same. If you want to see nice citys, go to Usbekiztan, someone told us.
>How did you travel?
See here

>How did you travel?
Bullshit see here Also forgot pic. This is one of the central places in Bishkek.

Thanks/Diolch

doesn't sound too bad! A little like rural China minus the Islam.

Any photos of a qt3.14 avg kirgisian woman?

Thank you.
It was ok, most ot the staff in the main city and in the hostels speak a little english. Also you can spontaneously recruit school kids as translators if you see some and want to ask for example for a taxi, they speak some english too and are very nice to foreigners.
Mort of the time we talked with our hands and feet though.

>pic semi related: selfietime in mashrutka with some random guys. They didnt spoke english either.

The most beautiful Kyrgyz woman we met was actually married to a german guy. We got invited by them and talked and played cards for a few ours. They where absolutely cool. We met them in a village where a german minority lives for almost 200 years and they were celebrating thanksgiving that day.

>pic related: its the couple in the middle, rest is the thanksgiving dinner.

she hot. is raep illegal in Kyrgyztan?

do you have nudes?

/thread

Yes, however it sometimes happens that people who are to poor to finance a wedding just kidnap woman and rape and force them to become teir wifes. When a woman got raped, she is considered dishonored and her family wouldnt care to get her back.
You can try that, but I wouldnt recommend it.
There also is a terror group called the 41 warriors who beat non Kyrgyz up when they are together with Kyrgyz woman.

Of my mate? Actually yes.

why does the flag have an xbox logo on it?

you forgot "pic related"

See here Im so sorry.

Aloha from Hawai'i, OP. Thanks for the interesting pics.

You're welcome. Thanks for your interest.

I post a few more pics, than I just check in once in a while.

>Russian orthodox church in Karakol.

no..no im.. good

Nice thread OP, nice to see a quality thread on Cred Forums

We made a lot of Borat jokes there. Especialy about the assholes from Uzbekistan.

What an idyllic setting!

Thank you. I do my best.

>some landscape with rainbows

Definitely!
Have some more.

One of the cozy hostels we've been at.

Epic waterfall in the mountains.

OP wearing his underpants on his head in order to not get sun-struck.

lel beta tea

Some more thanksgiving pictures from the german village.

If you look closely you can see the 200 years of religious motivated incest in their faces.

The decoration was very nice though.

Gr8 quality threat! I'm the one with the gf from there...but mine doesn't look asiatic...how does most of them look like? Bishkek different? Thanks

Most of them look more like you imagine mongolians. However you have defferent ethnics there for example a lot of russians. Ive also seen some women looking like south americans.
Sadly I have not much pics of people. You may search google for it.

Some more lake pics.