Why are americans so stupid compared to other civilized counties? And there is also that fahrenheit thing lol

Why are americans so stupid compared to other civilized counties? And there is also that fahrenheit thing lol

Why are other countries so stupid they need everything dumbed down to just 1,000s?

Over 50% of those idiots thinks that god created earth haha, we're been here just 2000 years dudes

we've*

Too many answers, can't choose!

Maybe It's logical? Don't know just guessing

>dumped
it's called being logical and effective.

What the fuck did you just say about America?

I thought we used grams

28gs in a ounce
16ounces/pound
450~g's in a pound

lol

>why do it the easy way when you can do it the hard way.

Most imperial measurements have to do with agriculture and land sales. US empire 4eae

Guess we just don't mind jumping through hoops as long as we don't have to change anything.

There are two types of countries in this world, those that use metric and those that have been to the moon.

You guys think in a progression of day-month-year, as opposed us who look at the largest total possible number. 12(month)-28 to 31(days)-9999(year). I hate our measurement system and I hate having fractional AND metric wrenches/sockets because we can't make up our fucking mind when building cars. Fractions should stay where they belong, in sheet music.

Here's a question I posit to the "rest of the world" Why do you idiots think base ten and multiples of ten is so awesome? You can only divide it two ways. 12 can be divided 4 ways. It's far more useful mathematically ANd in trade. Is it because you idiots can;t fathom anything more complex than "hurr how many toes do I have?" If you really need to use your limbs for 12, use knuckles on your fingers (not your thumb) I honestly think metric is a MASSIVELY inferior way of doing things, and it really wouldn;t take all that much schooling for you folks to learn units that are based on real world uses, and not "I have ten toes!"

because we like to be able to do scientific work.

or, please, tell me how many joules of energy it takes to increase a volume of water 10 inches x 3 inches x 2 inches by 32 degrees farenheit.

good luck.

so having 10 toes is not a real world thing for you?

back to the sewer mutant freak

Because the measuring system is the same base as the number system, moron.

Fin.

Well, since everything related to heat is based on the boiling temperature of water, it'd be pointless to change the units there. For literally every other application in existence, a system based on 12 is far superior. We should even be using a straight base 12 numbering system entirely, not one based on "I have ten toes, duuuurp"

pls be a troll, be a fucking troll, tell it to me

Are you retarded? Europoor is more religious than America

I'm sorry you're not intelligent enough to realize that, even in a base 10 numerical system, 12 STILL remains the more useful base. You just have to possess enough brain power to think beyond "how many sets of my toes is this?"

Obviously you have no idea about 'europoor' then.

>other civilized counties
implying america is civilized.
Maybe when they stop shooting each other for fun or more stupid reasons

That's right, they are too busy helplessly watching a black dude slam their old lady to worry about religion

Are you seriously trying to argue that 10 is more useful for trade and distance than 12? Based soley on the number of divisors alone, metric is inferior.

God, it must be nice to not ever have to deal with anything more complex than "I have a computer to do math for me anyway"

USA was changing to the metric system in the 80's, but Regan rallied against to to gain support from uneducated people (aka republicans) that were scared by metrics. His administration effectively shut down the transition and no one else has tried again since.

Your only argument to "support" your claim is that 12 is divisible by whole numbers four times whereas 10 only once ergo 12 is best.

Here's why the metric system is easier:
1. By having a measuring system in the same base as the numbering system l, scaling up or down by orders of magnitude is as simple as changing the prefix.

2. The magnitude prefixes are the same across all types of measurements. A kilogram, kilowatt, kilojoule, are a thousand grams, Watts, and Joules, respectively.

3. Conversions are simpler. 1 cubic centimeter is 1 milliliter. How many cubic inches are in a gallon? Sure as fuck not 1-to-1.

4. As to your "real world" nonsense, how about a temperature system where water under 1 Earth atmosphere of pressure freezes at 0 and boils at 100? Sounds pretty fucking applicable to me.

4. You're a faggot.

I thinks there is a glimpse of civilitation

Your army and science community uses metric system, maybe they are stupid too. I think the common ppl of usa just are too stupid to get along with metric system. You guys just proved it.

10/10 Post of the century

NIGGER

I've hit the mother load of keks

Liberia and Myanmar have been to the moon?

>because we like to do scientific work
Yep, thats why the US publishes more scientific research than the rest of the world combined. Enjoy being a useless country that'll never matter.

>Implying scientists use imperial units
>Implying that being the literally only country in the world publishing papers and research with imperial units is somehow a good thing

Quality over quantity

90% of american scientist are people from abroad who got a special kind of visa (like h1-b visa) . just because their education is impossible to get in usa, but still possible in countries like korea or india.

i mean you can rarely find american scientist in usa.

sure, which european countries had too but they were like metric is the way of the future, fuck the US

Who cares, theres more important things to argue about

Guess who went to the fucking moon, you europoor cunt

You use metric system in science you stupid fuck

everything should be measured in potatoes

>Not using superior yyyymmdd format

Because stupidity is their founding principle.
>stupidity got Cristopher Columbus funding to find india.
>stupidity got the Indians their name
>stupidity convinced brits, French and other tards to move their.
>stupidity convinced everyone to throw tea into a harbour
>stupidity convinced them to become independent of the motherland.
>stupidity convinced them to wage a war against taxes
>stupidity convinced them to keep slaves after everyone else stopped doing so
>stupidity got them capitalistic gains.
>stupidity convinced them to nuke the japs.
>stupidity convinced them to have a cold war with russia
>stupidity got them to the moon
>stupidity will get trump elected.

Stupidity and America go hand-in-hand

>implying that being on the moon matters
>implying nasa doesnt using metric

>Only America uses a different system.
>Mdy day actually matter.
Or instead of bitching learn both. Many science graduates in the US know both and the conversions to the other system.