I've been looking for a cheap car and found this cheap Mustang on Craigslist. The ad say that it won't go over 30mph...

I've been looking for a cheap car and found this cheap Mustang on Craigslist. The ad say that it won't go over 30mph, is that an engine or transmission problem? Can it easily be fixed?

Probably transmission. Maybe the gears are worn down but that can be upwards of $1,000-1,500 to fix m8.

could be as much as 3 grand, then the engine is ridden to hell, don't buy it, just a waste of 800 bucks.

>car
>cheap
Either you jew out at the start, or you get raped constantly with new shit breaking down every week.

Go to a certified used car lot

Probably transmission.

Car cost: $800
Trans: $600
Not including cost to get it installed by someone.

If only there was a b/o/ard dedicated to cars, and if only they had a thread for silly quest/qtddtot/ions.

My brother bought a beat to hell Mustang. It made it barely 1 year with minimal driving. Buy one from someone who took care of it. 800 is a project car, not a starter car. well... Unless you get like a camry or something, not a sports car.

i bought an $800 03 chrysler seabring three years ago, and i have only ever had to replace the front brakes. i put over 70k on it and it was almost 200k when i got it. its all about luck buds.

So you're telling him to go get financially raped by an Armenian dude.

>Ford
>164,000 miles

Don't do it bro.

A fucking automatic transmission kill yourself.

You started off strong and then you mentioned a used car lot. Those people are the worst.

look for a 92+ toyota corolla, or 92+ geo prizm, or 92+ chevy prizm. all have the same toyota engine. perfect little RELIABLE car, and theyre cheap! I owned 3 of them in my time.

they burn oil so make sure to check your oil every tank fill.

My nigga don't get a v6 mustang.

but to be on topic. its obviously having tranny issues, avoid that shit.... Avoid ANYTHING with transmission issues or running issues. any car you buy should sound NORMAL without any loud weird noises coming from random spots. also, make sure you red line the car at least ONCE before buying it.

so look for the cars i mentioned above. GL

>>Ford
,000 miles
>Don't do it bro.

this

No transmission costs $600 you idiot.

my dads 2002 mustang has 300k miles on it and it still runs fine its just a matter of how well the car was taken care of. but if i wont go over 30mph the guy obviously didnt know what the fuck he was doing.

Used cars are for fags.
Don't be so fucking cheap an get a new one

>buying something that literally loses thousands of dollars when you drive it off the dealership

fucking retard

Cheap fuck

Your dad is the exception not the rule, and it's obvious this car has not been cared for. People who take care of their cars don't sell them dirt cheap on Craigslist to "get rid of fast"

New cars are for faggots that know absolutely nothing about cars.

I think the poster is saying they never drive over 30mph. Affirming the good condition of the vehicle.

It's a miracle it can even go 30mph with over 100k miles on it.

Remember guys

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

The transmission of STDs is free a lot of the time.
That Mustang should be pruned or deleted, just like this thread

No the poster is warning don't go over 30 or the car explodes because it's a ford

It doesn't even go over 30 miles mph. Don't do it.

my car has over 230k on it

Uh ... the ad says DON'T go over 30 ...

... not WON'T.

Might be driving advice.

OR, the owner has it in "L" (low gear) and is too stupid to see it's a problem.

Naw dag it's

First
On
Race
Day

V6 automatic Mustang
OP is fag

>V6
>2001 100k+
The motors in this entry level line were complete shit, only the V8s made sense.

I'm guessing tranny. If the motor revs at all, then there's a gear stripped or broken belt. If you go on Rock Auto, you can buy a transmission rebuild kit for cheap, but you have to know what the fuck you're doing.

These posts.
Call him and ask, the language he used might be misleading

"don't go over 30" might mean...
"I don't go over 30" not
"It doesn't go over 30"

Call that fag n ask, then if confirmed offer him 700