Do you believe in god/gods, Cred Forums?

Do you believe in god/gods, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LyRBtbC69V0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah you?

No.
I am a nihilist.
Life has no meaning

Something Divine. Just not all the crap religions feed people.

There may SEEM to be no meaning but that's why you give it meaning user.

Agnostic or Pantheist?

What god do you believe in?
Agnostic here.

Hard to say tbh, raised Catholic

Not particularly, but I don't particularly disbelieve, either. I guess I'll find out in ~80 years or so. Until then I have things to do.

Probably agnostic. I haven't really thought about it in a long time.

I feel there is an order to the universe.
And where there is order, there may be intelligence.

bump

I believe in a thing called love

is it order, or is it chaotic, but we perceive it as still
because our human lifespan is short?

My mum is kinda catholic but raised me agnostic. I grew up in a christian environment so its kinda hard to let go of that culture. Best to critically think for yourself.

Yeah, non-believers would give us the "cosmic lottery" argument but I don't think a "cosmic slot machine" is going to hit the right one a million times in a row.

bump

Even in our short lifespans we perceive things that are far older.
Order can be found even in chaos.
I'm not expounding a system of belief, just what I personally feel.

Well, in my thoughts, if something is chaotic and big enough you will eventually find a something in order.

Do tell, user.

depends if you mean gods as humans imagine them.

nah, if there are gods i refuse to believe they're so petty and narcissistic as to demand the indirect allegiance of lesser beings

What if God is actually the atoms that make up everything in this world, just people over time gave it ridiculous story's to try a paint the creator to be of a divine human / being. Big bang, the most concrete explanation that us humans have come up with for the time being would still be technically made/ created by God.

Personally don't believe in any of the gods that are being worshiped by people cause i like to keep a open mind and take in info and make my own conclusions to things.

Like a non concious god. Makes sense, I guess.

I kinda don't like to call myself an atheist just because of the whole militant fedoras stigma.

I just find that my life's easier to live day-to-day believing that things don't have meaning and there's no afterlife.

Yep.

Don't believe
>God real, you're fucked
>he's not, oh well

Believe
>God's real, you're solid
>he's not, you're solid.

still can't think of a way i can put this that doesn't sound preachy or gay

kinda had the idea that though god, as a deity doesn't exist, his influence can be observed as a thought pattern in the people who believe in him.

You either do or you don't you fucking special snowflake.

So do you believe in all gods or just one of them? If only one of them, what that specific one?

im sorry wasn't clear

no i don't you fucking edgelord

I was raised Christian, so I guess the Christian God. I've never felt like you need to tie yourself to a religion to consider yourself a believer in god. Christianity has a few little things in there I don't really support myself, so I choose to believe in God without embracing any specific religion.

Plus, it's nice to have something to look forward to. Makes this dull existence a little less painful when you know there's an end goal.

Went from an orthodox christian, to a pantheist, to an agnostic to finally an atheist and it feels fucking good to know that I am my own master.

ofc hes not faggot, non-existin, annoying-religion-startin, faggot-creatin, already-died-once ass

Yeah but I believe in myself being the God nominated man, trained from birth to combat posession and evil people.

soooo.

What if no religions have ever found the *actual* god and so your notion of what that god is is false? That'd basically make you a disbeliever in the *actual* god with the additional downside of believing a lie that guides your life/morals.

But what if its the wrong god you believe in? Pascals wager is considered one of the worst arguments for god.

You either believe in god or you don't lol... It's really THAT simple. Are you one of those multigendered faggots that thinks every option has 88 outcomes?

INFINITE FEDORA TIPPING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ohoh and i bet you're a real badass don't you? using all those dank buzzwords and dumbass political references.
here's the short, ug the caveman, no
the idea i was trying to convey to your stupid ass, the phenomena that is 'god' is the observable behavior of the mouth breathers that believe in him and not the nonexistant deity itself

I believe everyone has the same God. You can manipulate text as you want to change it how you need of course, but after years and years all religions have come to agree that there is definitely a "God." Sure we might misconstrued a little with all the different languages and opinions, but I feel as though it was all based on the same god. We've edited him as necessary for our own personal gains/goals which is why I think we have so many different religions today.

God is the creator of your life. You can call it a "pre". He had to sit down and scratch his ass a bunch of times, so to speak, to construct the social experience you're beaked by possession into believing in being a real thing and not a false real thing.

I believe in many gods.

you are actually fucking retarded
let me rephrase it
the phenomena that is "food" is the observable behavior or the mouth breathers that eat it

Then which religion do we believe in?

>mouth breathers

I'm sorry we've angered you King Fedora.

>PEOPLE BELIEVE IN OTHER THINGS THAN ME?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Different ones. He literally said that

Nice one

the fuck even is that example? apparently you still dont get what the fuck i was saying, which is that god exists as a Thought that influences the people who Believe in him. how the hell did you even put together that ridiculous comparison?

I believe in "God" without religion. As I said, I feel like years of miscommunication and alteration have created what we know as religions. I don't think God ever intended anyone to follow any specific religion. I believe he just wanted people to know and embrace him and his word.

Am a paramedic, don't believe (but hopes lifetime of helping others will help if I'm wrong?)

The cool thing about "god" is he stops working in your life the moment you stop trying to understand him.

But then presto chango you can turn it right back on. If you want. You should probably say you're sorry though.

oh and i bet you're one of those happy little rednecks on facebook with christian image macros up and down your timeline, right?
not that i give a shit, long as you're not humping youth group kids, or protesting in department stores, but if you want to get argumentative about it, that's fine

I am an atheist and I still believe that there is a God.

Wouldn't it make more sense if we explained that fact that humans hold spiritual beliefs in a much more rational way, for example:
Humans are irrational, they need religion to tie them down, to create strong order that cannot be changed or challenged under thread of death or exile (the code present in the sacred book that most religions hold, or the code can be verbally transmitted across generations). Humans also needed to explain the confusing world they were born into and spiritual explanations seem to satisfy them the most. I've thought of a lot of theories the past few years (religious household, was always confused). In addition, god represents the ideal human, holds the ultimate virtues etc. The reasons are more anthropological and psychological than anything, there isn't a common god. That doesn't make sense, sorry dude.

I don't believe in any god, because I don't have a reason to.

Don't believe in any God/Gods

this guy wins oh my god

>I am an atheist
>I believe in God
Then you are NOT an atheist. Fucking idiot.

Every post gives us more and more of a glimpse into your sad existence. Sitting behind your computer stuffing chips into your face while you continuously tip your fedora to MLP reaction videos on Youtube.

>pic related

What is his word? Many people believe his word to be different. Christians believe there was a man named jesus, the embodiment of god, who died on a cross, muslims believe he was a prophet, Jews believe he was neither, and some pagans believe in the norse gods.

>can I use your rational post as a jumping off point for my malarkey?

No.

heh, right
because we're in 2014 and bronies are fucking everywhere
gtfo newfag

I think the concept of "god" can be taken more or less literally to mean the universe, or society or any other force bigger than man. And with that in mind, there's a lot of allegorical truth to religious texts like the bible. So sure, I believe in and respect "god."

>I believe everyone has the same God
This is what 13 year olds believe in before they start rebelling

I don't think Le Epic Fedora Memeā„¢ Is a valid argument against the atheist point of view.

Even Dawkins believes is something.

Of course he said that means he's not an atheist.

Hes an agnostic, but thinks god is unlikely.

It will get you there eventually. But you might suffer quite a long time. Pursuing god now could help with your life of service, it would feel like a debt of loyalty more than a bargaining chip.

That sounds more motivational to me

Which is what is said. Using more and different words.

Why are you even still replying? You've already made a fool of yourself and proven everyone's suspicions that you are indeed a fedora tipper.

send pics of neckbeard

AAAAHHH

I got a whif of your euphoria, if that's what you mean.

You alright, user?

not the guy who replied but he's taking the piss out of your dumb ass
grow up and make sense of the world

Not religious at all. Raised Catholic all my life. Did the Sunday school thing because my parents forced me but never payed attention. Would go to mass on Sundays and around Christmas time because parents forced me. Still not religious but.always felt someone is looking out for me. Certain situation and events in my life that could have gone in an awry road turned out or better and i cant explain
>Fast forward 20 yrs later
>Working for the man
>Never see my profits
>More i work the more they take
>Start to connect dots
>everything from historical events
>banking system
>Hollywood manifestation
>Music labels manifestation
>Media controll and propaganda
>look up at the night moon and sense a dark evil
>sadness and depression because we are all fucked
>suddenly i call upon him
>if ur real. Then why allow this
>a great and deep sense of calmness
>Followed by tears, i began to weep
>I feel my chest compress, like if he reaxhed down inside me
>Deep in my soul and gave me re assurance he is there looking out for us
>that he does exist but we are blinded by over motives
>i see life differently
>Still not religious but im conscious
>isnt this what we all need
>We continue this cycle that some people dont even know they are in
>remember a great quote by Harriet Tubman
>"Would have freed a thousand more slaves if they knew they were slaves"
>We are programmed to not think for ourselves
>We arent allowed to speak our mines without being cast as heretics
>the world is run by the greatest evils of our times
>we need to reset our ways of living
>the zionist system will not allow it
>theres only one true god on this earth
>Gold
>Oil
>Drugs
I am only one man, alone i will die and the cycle will continue
Or maybe theres one man that can save us
youtu.be/LyRBtbC69V0

I believe in the cosmic power of true love, as did the King of the Nordic Twilight before me.

I believe an owl can fit threw a dick sized hole.

wise words user

Deep stuff, user.

I haven't felt that yet. Perhaps I should make a thread about that.

Atheism is lack of religion fucking idiot.

Let me enlighten you further.

I believe

GODS? What other gods are there, Crilley?

Im strting to think their is a creator, that just made earth and life. He dosent give a fuxk about individuals, he made this planet and moved on to the next

If there were gods/god they would have to be pretty shit tier. Don't really see any miracles/divine intervention.

"To be absolutely honest, although I don't believe in anything too fervently, I do tend to believe in some kind of mind behind the cosmos. I don't like calling it God, because God to most people means a grouchy old man sitting on a cloud, counting all the kids who are masturbating so he can put them in hell later on."
- robert anton wilson

I'm an atheist, but I'm not totally against creationism. I've always had the belief that the universe was created, but not by a god that wants to be worshiped, more like how Steve Jobs created Apple.

no clue, i don't see evidence to why they would, but doesn't mean they don't, i disagree with the idea of a guiding hand though, god has a plan for everyone and everything, it's stupid why would a god care about mortals

Keith Richards is our Lord and Saviour

I'd have to say I'm somewhat of an agnostic, even though I don't particularly like the term or it's implications.

I try to do a bit of the taoist "middle means" shit.

I'll neither join the rabid theistic horde, nor will I join the rabid atheistic horde.

Personally though, while trying to stay as unbiased as possible, I do get the sneaking suspicion that there has to be something more to this universe than we can see on a day-to-day basis. Something's up, and there is a possibility of it being a deity.

i hate the idea of bargaining your way in, if you're a good person on the merit of being you, shouldn't that mean you're sweet, i don't think caving to the idea of not knowing but trying to cover your ass makes much sense, seems like a copout to me, if there is a god when i die i will meet it and accept that i was wrong, i don't see the point in compromising on the off chance there is something more

Yes i do.

I dont know why theyre attacking you user. I know what youre saying

fair enough, i think actual belief is admirable, especially compared to some of the other people here who just believe in case of divine punishment or however it is

F-false ones, Bishop!

bump