If someone is bad at Math, does it mean they are stupid? Discuss

If someone is bad at Math, does it mean they are stupid? Discuss.

Probably.

Although different people are good at different things.

Not necesarily. Math is only one discipline andthereare more where you can excel at

abstract thinking is not everyhting

Highschool maths is literally following instructions. If you can't pass that, then yeah, you're stupid. You don't need to get As, but passing generally requires the ability to do something you can train a monkey to do.

Guy I work with has his bachelors in some math shit, literally the dumbest motherfucker i have ever met

your a cancerlijer if you cant follow math. your grandfather is also from the stairs gecancered.

That's not the question. We're not asking if being good at maths is sufficient to not be stupid, we're asking if being bad at maths makes you stupid.

p -> q =/= ~p -> ~q

for me, it's simply a muscle I never exercise. I'm only bad at math because I never do it. Same way I can't run a marathon because I haven't run since high school. But most people, with practice, sometimes lots and lots of practice, can run a marathon. same thing with fractions/percentages, algebra, and simple math. I'm pretty sure most people can do basic college level stats, algebra, and so on, too.

You can be good at math naturally, but nigger you need some practice, even a little bit

It varies so much, i don't consider anyone "bad" at math, unless they can't do simple equations or just count the change at a shop registry

Look up Erick Gardners multiple intelligences theory.

Logical/mathamatical intelligence is one of the forms of intelligence. It's possible for someone to do well in one area and do poorly in another.

Yes. Math is about logic.

Multiple intelligence is a made up bullshit made by retarded people for retarded people in order to make them feel less stupid than they really are.

Just because you are bad at math does not mean you don't understand it. Look at Shia LaBoeuf...he is an actor. He understands acting very, very well. He is just bad at it. His being bad at it does not make him stupid, although choosing a career in something you are bad at may indicate stupidity.

It is the same with math.

>that pic
Dumb nigger thinking he can teleport away from his test

That is one way to do it, but I'd say that being able to solve shit without just copy pasting from the textbook is what makes you "good" at math.

When you understand shit that you haven't seen before, but can figure out how it works logically since you know others parts of math, that's when you are good at it, in my opinion

He just doesn't have enough chakra
He'll get away some day im sure

This
I uses to discuss with my psychology teachers about this. The retards in my class hated me

abstract thinking is literally everything

Even though I do poorly in math I still have a job as a software engineer so that proves (at least for me) you can be logically without knowing math

Also sorry for bad English from France

I mean I'm retarded in math but it's cause I don't pay attention when working out the problems and forget numbers. ADD is a bitch

Well there is mental arithmetic, basically being a human calculator that requires zero intelligence (autistic savants for instance have low IQ but can be incredible at fast calculations).
And there is algebra, calculus, logical thinking that is correlated with intelligence in general. Being good at THAT means having generally good reasoning skills which is intelligence.
So it depends what you mean by math.

If you think you're bad at maths, start playing darts.

Addition, multiplication, subtraction - the major three you deal with daily (with multiplication aiding division when needed) - are all trained constantly when using a chalkboard rather than a scorer

Agreed

stupid is as stupid does

2+2 = Waddahmellin,
mudderfukka!

The funniest one is "Emotional Intelligence" biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.

real Math and arithmetics are different things.
There are many Math professors who are bad or average in arithmetics.

Math is about logic and logical thinking is a big part of intelligence.

Nah. Very intelligent people can be bad at math and excel in other areas, and people who excel in math can suck in every other skill.