Cred Forums I have a problem

Cred Forums I have a problem
I'm a 20 year old male that does nothing all week but work, watch TV, and browse Cred Forums
I have never developed any skills or talents throughout my youth and I have no hobbies either
Now I feel like taking up an instrument to learn and I promise myself I will work hard at it
So, Cred Forums what do you think I should learn to play?
Also do guys play an instrument?

Skin flute

Skin Flute

I started learning the guitar just the other day. It's pretty fun if you got the basics. Currently im learning to do the opening of nothing else matters. So yeah guitar is bretty chill fam

Was in the same position as you in January, and I picked up guitar. Now I play for multiple hours everyday, and it's some of the most fun I've ever had. Wish I started when I was a kid.

skin flute

Well I'd recommend getting into music first then finding what instrument you find most appelling.

I don't play any instruments, but I do produce music (that includes writing melodies of couese) and it's really fun and a great way of spending my time.

absolutely OP, i picked up guitar when i was 16 and i still get so much from it every day

pic related, i own a 2014 Gibson SG Standard and it's like owning a great dog, lovely

Guitar, saxophone, and piano were my top three to choose from. I'd say guitar is probably the easiest to learn from out of those options. So I guess I'll give it a shot!

learn an instrument you can enjoy playing (with which you can play your favourite music)

i think the only way you can become really good at an instrument is to become honestly obsessed with it

Id recommend guitar but that's the only instrument I know how to play, what I would say is don't pay for an instructor if you are the money grabbing bastards.

you should learn how to kill yourself

Edgy I like it.

Guitar is pretty fun to learn and there's a ton of easy songs that make panties fly off. Try learning Eric Claptons Wonderful Tonight

I'm playing the piano for years now and am at a pretty high skill level now. i can just recommend it Cred Forumsro. Especially if you work hard you can do it although it takes some time. The other instruments you suggested are easier to learn but piano sounds great.

Try the guitar. It's fairly cheap and easy.

or be a faggot and get a ukulele.

or be a master race and have both like me.

Ive always wanted to play piano, seems the only thing better than guitar to make the panties drop

learning the piano requires more money and diligence though. so probably not the bestest best first instrument

Fine. But get your ass to the gym also

How so??

get some fucking weights and tape that shit on to the fucking guitar and you can now lift while you rock.

Well, first of all, a fuckin piano costs a lot more than a guitar. An acoustic guitar is cheap af. A normal cheap-ish piano is a couple times the price of an acoustic guitar.

and the second part, its from my own experience. I play both the guitar and piano and for me, the piano requires more discipline and practice.

Nothing says pro guitar player than a Gibson with a couple dumbbells taped to the bottom

Violin/fiddle. I've got a fiddle my great great grandfather made, need to get it repaired a bit, but then I'm gonna learn to play it. Don't let someone call you a faggot either, there's so much you can do if you know how to play it.

Ok only asking chill the fuck out. You can learn to play piano with out owning one in your front room jesus. Plenty of people go to someone's house to learn

couple that with some clangy metallic chain strap

Haha I like it.

Sure but if you have nothing else to do and enough money for it its a lot bettet (Personal opinion)

that's just my language man. no offense. well owning an instrument and being able to play it at your leisure and learn your own songs at your own time - that's the fun of playing an instrument.

Yeah it's really down to personal preference. Some prefer guitar, some will prefer the clarinet.

Learn to play acoustic guitar. Highly recommend the Yamaha F335 to start out on. Only $160 online and it plays like a much more expensive guitar.

Yeah fair enough man looks a really good one to learn to do. How long have you been playing?

OP plays the Skin Flute

I want to get a guitar and learn to flamenco
In the same time I also wanna paint and learn languages but neither of that satisfies me :(

I play bass and guitar and personally I enjoy bass more but you have more versatility with guitar and people are more likely to recognize songs you play on guitar rather than bass, on the flip side bass is freaking awesome.

Man I picked up the guitar some 9-10 years ago or something. Around the same time I went for piano lessons. Played the guitar for a couple weeks, give up and hiatus for a couple months, then repeat. for a few years.

piano lessons were weekly for like maybe 4 years or so. also got into electric guitars and ukulele. always wanted to get into drums but aint got enough space

A got a guitar as a gift a few years back never got into it recently, what are Cred Forums recommended books for self taught guitar?

It's shit on a lot, but I love playing Bass.
I play guitar too but honestly, I just love the sound of the bass so much more.
Had this baby a few months back, sounds like a fuckin dream.

Self taught here. Never really fancied books except for those with chord diagrams. I've always preferred video stuff. YouTube is great. Just know what to search and it's a gold mine. From theories to practical lessons to music writing to song lessons and more.

I started on a electric guitar then bought myself an acoustic preferred that a lot more. I wanted to play piano for ages but it didn't seem like the 'cool' instrument to play when I was younger wish I had now.

K sounds good enough