Starting uni tomorrow, any advice from anons who went to uni/college?

Starting uni tomorrow, any advice from anons who went to uni/college?

Do drugs

Drop out

be as social as you can, try not to make enemies

Try anal

Exchange contacts as soon as possible, cause its pretty much impossible to keep track of everything by yourself

Drink more water

Fkn gay

Fuck your flatmate. Use Cred Forums less.

Punch the biggest fucker right in the face. Now you are captain

Prepare to take on more debt than you ever thought possible. It will be a massive weight around your neck for the majority of your adult life.

Suck dick

Dont tell anyone you watch fithy frank, you faggot.

your curriculum is in a field that will likely get you into a field that will
pay for the loan & lifes' living needs?

>get paid
>fuck bitches
>skip class
>party hard
>catch an STD
>get in debt
>???
>profit

Alternatively, tell everyone you watch filthy Frank.

OH YEAH!

yup

use resources

Yeah doing mechanical engineering

fuck as many men as you can to assert dominance

>tip your fedora
>turn 360°
>walk away

save yourself the hassle and kill yourself

try as many drugs as you can dude tbh

do whatever the fuck you want

Starting uni on a saturday?

These numbers don't lie. Do it OP

It's funny seeing how many kids are going into Engineering and then seeing how many actually make it through. It really is a major where you'll find people in there not really knowing what the they're doing until it's too late.

"you don't have to be present in this class" does NOT mean you should never go and learn the content of the entire class 2 days before the examn

drop out
you will regret it

Drop out.

Whats with all these gets?

1) Seriously consider Canada after graduation to start your adult life debt-free.

2) Do not major in liberal arts, biology, chemistry, physics, or any of the hard sciences.

3) Pick a major that makes money such as healthcare, computer science, petroleum engineering.

4) Don't bother making too many friends. Make study buddies only. Study upwards of 10 hours a day. Consider this a JOB if you are taking the harder courses. Minimum 8 hours a day 5 days a week, plus overtime frequently. That's so you don;t have to work that way the rest of your life after you graduate.

5) Take full advantage of the career center. Get a good internship with a decent company by sophomore year.

nice

side note: Doing drugs actually can make you literally retarded and then killing you when you are 40 or so, and long time clean. happened to relative

Don't pick a dumb shit degree

Nice quints my man

Not OP

why say no to majoring in the sciences?

how much are you paying per year to attend, out of pocket? If you didnt get enough aid/scholarships to make it to where your costs are like

>don't major in Biology
>major in healthcare

you fucking mong

Do not listen to this fag.

Learn to drink - I've only ever met one Engineering student who didn't drink, and while he was a smart fucker who was just a bit awkward, you could tell he was somewhat ostracized by the other Engineers.

Also - Have fun and view this as a 3/4 year period where you can get away with doing some dumb shit that will be near impossible once you're chained to a desk.

>sleep between classes
>find a bench to sleep on if you get there early/have long breaks/leave late (picked up by parents or bus)
>Unless boarding, (I didn't board) you will probably never have more than 2-3 classes with any particular person (unless they're in the same track, or you decided to coincide schedules). As such, add people you like on SNs, or you will never see them again
>The campus food is expensive. Get a meal plan or bring lunch (if the latter, I assume you'll still wanna eat hot food, so have a budget, too)
>If you're doing like me and finishing up online, you will know no one, ever, but you can work whenever you want. On the other hand, the most annoying parts are the discussions.
>Do NOT take more than 4 classes/semester, unless your parents are hardasses. THREE is already a lot, especially if you're in a technical field like me (Concentration in Information Technology) or in a busy-work field (also like me; my Area of Study is Business)
>MOST teachers are NOT gonna be as much assholes as you've been told, unless you're going to a private uni. Public uni, they're way more laid back
>There is NO benefit WHATSOEVER to going to a private uni, unless it's exclusively for connections or if it's something VERY specific.

Also
>if on campus, take in the scenery sometimes. Some campuses are pretty nice. My community college was. IDK what my current college's campus is, though, b/c I do it online

What quints? You dumb fuck

that's not how it works you spazztard newfag

I majored in biology. Worked for $10/hr the past year in a lab. Going back for computer science now. 4 years wasted and 50k in debt. Going to Canada after finishing college this time around.

I also know 2 people who went for chemistry. They have been baristas for 2 years.

are you still in uni?

don't fall for the liberalism meme

Biology grad britfag here. Move to London, making £68k (GBP) as a research scientist.

Yeah well, on the other side of the coin, my friend majored in biology and now makes 90k a year and had the job a month before she even graduated.

Seems like you or your friends can't handle the fact that it's more than the degree that gets you work and ignorantly trotted along doing your courses without getting any physical experience in the field you're working towards via undergraduate research.

The weak will always fail

Wtf are you blind? Those are quints you retards.
You did an awful job trying to look like oldfags

shit dude that's exactly what I want to do. What steps did you take to get that role?

internships, do them and do them often. Everyone I went to school with that had internships under their belt, especially senior year, come out way ahead on their career path.

then you have me, who has a masters degree and just now starting at the bottom because I thought post grad would make up for lack of internships.

I lucked out, don't be me, the place that highers me signed a contract for steady raises every 6 months due to my talent, but lack of experience. So within a few years I'll be back on track. Just get them internships.

In the first month or so everyone is friendly as fuck as they're all in the same boat. Try to talk to and make as many friends as possible in that time. Afterwards everybody goes their own way and most people become indifferent to random people

If you're not used to alcohol, don't go overboard. Starting fights and being verbally hostile due to the drink is not an excuse and you will quickly become barred from social situations.

Never pass up an opportunity for a social situation. The first year is a doddle and you only have to pass (40%) to proceed to the next year, so go out as much as possible.

Try to be friendly to campus staff as even though they are generally uneducated jobsworths, they can still cause you grief in the long run.

Try to avoid becoming addicted to shit. Sure it's uni and you want to let your hair down, but nothings worse than completing 3-4 years, have a fuckton of debt and nothing to show for it.

When given module choices, go for ones that will help your career over those that are interesting/easy.

Nah - just another office monkey these days, but have good memories of my uni years.

Don't listen to these fucking morons who haven't lived it. They just repeat what they've read from other clueless Cred Forums tards.

DO NOT MAJOR IN HARD SCIENCES JUST AS BAD AS LIBERAL ARTS. $10/hr gruntwork in a laboratory is not a life worth living with 50k debt.

Quints would be if the post number ended with 5 of the same number, e.g 7050911111.

Faggot.

when in doubt, get your dick out. worked every time for me.

I just got a biology undergrad. I actually had to work for a living because I didn't have mommy and daddy paying my rent for me, so a research internship was way out of the question when working 40 hours a week and fulltime school.

If you want to make about 50k a year you need at least a PhD if you do the science route.

Britain is not the USA.

I'm starting to think this may be a dubs thread in disguise.

Get.

fucking losers...
like this

I said GET.

Wtf are you actually retarded? Those are also quints but quints are better when they end wit two different numbers like 11166

You. Are GET!

Any gays in scotland that can break my ass in good?

Fuck me. GET!

I should be asleep.

if you attend your classes and do the homework you are highly likely to pass, throw in some studying and you will likely even get a good grade

healthcare =/= biology

no-one you meet in the first two weeks will be in touch with you after the first semester. Accept this.

Fuck as many people as possible. Never again in your life will you have the opportunity, time and excuse

healthcare != biology

Get your ass to class and don't be a fuck about it; study even if you think you don't need it. Literally that's it. You do that and you'll do well, even in hard majors

Nice bait

>Healthcare
Nursing
EMT
Radiology
Dental tech
MRI tech
Medical Billing

>Biology
Zoology
Biology
Genetics
Biomedical Engineering
Animal Husbandry
Botany

I'm studying computer engineering now Cred Forums it's quite difficult considering our quarterm system. Should i continue? I mean does it do good for me after i graduate?

>=/=
Means "Not Equal"
Used by
faggots
who can't
into real
Boolean Operators

>!=
Means "Not Equal"
Used by
1377 H4x0rZ
who do th3
c0d1ng l1k3
4 pr0
LOLOloloollollol XDdddddddd

I'm not OP but I'm going back to school for computer science, and I already did 4 years of college. So you'll be at least 4 years ahead of me. Try getting an internship. If you cant, then keep in mind that good engineering jobs often require you to move at least 100 miles away. Be prepared for that after you graduate and apply absolutely everywhere. Expect to be in North Carolina or NYC but don't pass up other states currently experiencing a construction boom.

>implying biomechanical engineering isn't immensely important to the progressio of humans by introducing beneficial heritable genes to the population

=/= is clearly meant to be ≠, which is used in all mathematics, whereas != is only used in faggy programming languages.

If he is on paid tuition

It might be I guess. I stopped giving a shit what's important to the progress of humanity a long time ago. All i care about is a decent life and a roof over my head.

Biomechanical engineering might still have good jobs left, but expect it to saturate soon. I wouldn't bet on it compared to much higher paying majors like petroleum engineering.

When you pick out a trash can for your dorm, buy one that is solid and not a wire mesh trash can. One day it won't have a bag and someone will need to throw up in it.

>Be social, make friends
>It's a new life, a new you
>If you want to get laid, go to parties and LIE, be smart about your lies though
>Take some days off completely without doing shit for Uni
>Start looking around for internships as soon as possible, people love seeing this in your CV

Those are my advices, good luck man!

>=/=
>≠
Then use the Unicode symbol, since you know how to type it, anyway

:-)

>only used in faggy programming languages.
LELELelelelel XDddddd
>implying you could even DO your math without a calculator programmed in those languages.
XDddddddd
Wolfram Alpha and such
LOOLOLOLLLOOOOL

Come on dude I'm about to start comp sci don't make it look like a field for fucking retards.

>Make study buddies only. Study upwards of 10 hours a day.

Literally this, no bullshit, just study hard. I'm also going with nearly failing every one of my A Levels, some how got in, and hoo i tell ya im not wasting it now. Don't throw your parents money away and fuck yourself later on

It's not. Don't worry.

And there's surprisingly FEWER Autists in the field than you'd expect.
I felt kinda like an outcast.

i spent 2 years in college but couldnt get scholarships for another year and now i wish i had spent more time partying and fucking bitches instead of studying fundamentals of fluid mechanics.

>1) Seriously consider Canada after graduation to start your adult life debt-free.

100% this. i know 3 people who said fuck it and just went to Canada. They are doctors now making 300k/year and NO DEBT.

Make sure you pay at least 5k-10k of your loans though so it looks like you made an effort, and then left for "financial hardship". That's so you don't have to worry about a potential fraud charge. Pay a tiny amount, then fucking leave. Unelss you want to be a debt slave the rest of your life.

I thought nicki cage was losing his hair, not growing it

I don't know anything about anime but I woudn't mind hanging with you.

Programming something in Japanese?

You got any suggestions on where to start? I begin college in the Spring.

Sad, dude. I studied my ass off in college and I had shitty $10/hr jobs to show for it along with 50k debt.

I'm definitely abandoning this country when the time comes. It has given me nothing, only taken from it. If I was born in Canada I would have no debt.

>I don't know anything about anime but I woudn't mind hanging with you.
:-)

>Programming something in Japanese?
It's just a part of a webapp. It's programmed in HTML5+CSS+JavaScript+jQuery

My preferred language is C++ in the style of C.
I was just encoding the page in UTF-8, so I could properly output Japanese characters.
It's not programmed in Japanese.
So, I'm not sure what you're asking:
"Where should I start programming?" || "Where should I start learning Japanese"

Appreciate the advice

I was actually waiting for a response, but I'm gonna have to go to thye bathroom in a couple minutes, so i won't be here shortly.

if you actually needed to ask something, please do so

fyi the whole "new life new you" is kinda bs it's more "new situation, be who you were already without having to hold back as much" if you try and reinvent yourself I 100% guarentee you'll cringe at yourself

First, you learn boolean logic operations
then, you learn transistor logic
then, you learn how to build functional units from logic gates
then, you learn CPU design
then, and only then, you learn assembly language
then, after you have mastered assembly language (not dabbled, but mastered it), you learn C
then, after you have mastered C, you may learn the higher-level languages of your choice, but you will always use C and assembly as your primary languages because everything else is unnecessary bloat.

>Tons of real world advice from people with experience in the thread

>Chooses the shittiest college movie-tier generic advice.

This is why OP will always be a faggot.

How do I get a job asap? What looks best on a resume? I've been thinking Python but that's only because it's a good language to learn. Will HTML get me a good job on my resume?

Also how are new grads at 30 viewed in the industry? I'll have no experiece with programming.

You will never look back at college and say, "Damn, I will I drank more beer."
Focus on actually studying, read suggested texts, and have conversations with your professors.
College is a lot of money and time---don't waste either.

Actually do your work on time, out ahead of time if possible. Procrastination worked in high school, it sure as doesn't work now

I'm in it right now. It's easier than high school.

>any advice?

never trust a coon

that's not specific to uni, either

Age doesn't matter. Yes html is good, but it depends on what you want to do.

What do you want to do?

Whatever pays the most. Was thinking behind-the-scenes stuff like writing driver firmware for GPU's but I have no idea how you'd even get into that or how much it pays.

if you are a fucking retard then yes

>Don't be yourself, people will hate you and will find a way to make you hated.
>Make an effort to don't skip classes, if you do that you will get fucked in time.
>You are on your own in that place, all the decisions related to your life right now is under your total control and responsability, do it good. If it something bad happens, it's your fault, no one else to blame.
>Try to find at least one person to talk and make that person your friend instead of want to be the special snowflake that doesn't have enemies or everyone is your friend.
>Try to get a trainee job while studying, it will do good in the beggining, teachers and students will respect your talent and progress.

Good luck, I hope you choosed the area that you like and have a passion for it, otherwise you will throw away years of progress. I did that when I left Law and Order for I.T, I still regret it, I wasted 2 years failing I.T and I'm still there.

>First, you learn boolean logic operations
Yes
>then, you learn transistor logic
Not a lot
>then, you learn how to build functional units from logic gates
A bit
>then, you learn CPU design
A bit
>then, and only then, you learn assembly language
A little
>then, after you have mastered assembly language
You have a Master's, most likely
>(not dabbled, but mastered it), you learn C
LMFAO, what fucking college you go to?
>then, after you have mastered C, you may learn the higher-level languages of your choice
Um.... no
>but you will always use C
Pretty much. Or C++
>and assembly as your primary languages
Um... no.
>because everything else is unnecessary bloat.
Linux FreeTard detected

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lemme fix all that for you:
>First, you learn Boolean Logic Operations and Loop structures
>Then, you will dabble with transistor logic
>Then, you will cover a section or so on logic circuit design
>Then, you will get an idea about CPU design and how Multiplexors and other decisional circuitry works
>Then, and only then, you will briefly cover Verilog and write a few basic shit programs in MIPS x64 to be run on basically an emulator. Maybe one of them will do somethign kinda kool like calculate Traingle Numbers
Then, you will be back in first semester learning C or C++, long before any of that other stuff regardign circuits or CPU design
>Depending on how wide you spread, you may also learn a language other than C/++ at the same time, but you will probably pick up Java or C# and learn event-driven, graphical, and OOP programming
>But you will always use C/++ as your primary language, because everything else is pretty much shit.
>>You MAY use Assembly if you write boot loaders or drivers.

I teach remedial math to a bunch of dindu athletes at a state university. I can confirm what this user is saying. Their stupidity is only rivaled by their treachery. And my god are they fucking stupid. They can't even do basic fractions. I'm not making this up. I've spoken with the composition tutor and their writing skills (as if you couldn't tell by the way they speak) are also comparable to a special needs grade school child. They do not belong in university and dealing with them has become the bane of my existence.

Meet a lot of people, do a lot of drugs, have a lot of fun. But then again I dropped out after my first year so maybe don't take my advice.

I want to get into driver firmware depending on the pay, so I guess I shoudl learn Assembly.

>turn 360°
>walk away
Choose one you cant do both.

i was talking about raccoons, you racist piece of shit

pretty much this. get ready to study hard fool!

In college for a week now ,as almost everyone says here , Try make friends as soon as possible.

Well, if that's what you wanna do.
Then, yeah, you'll wanna pick that up.

If you wanna learn how to do it for phones and mobile devices, you'll definitely wanna pick up MIPS x64, because a lot of those programs run on SPARC processors in the RISC architecture.

If you wanna do stuff for desktops and laptops, most likely you should learn x86 or AMD x64, since 99.9999999% of those computers run either an Intel processor or AMD non-mobile processor in the CISC architecture

Either way, I'm out. Gonna help my bro with a web programming class he's taking, and then go to the bathroom.

PÄRESPrö

Then do either of these
Seriously you can learn all of this stuff from resources online. Not sure where you stand with mathematics, but I recommend brushing up on that too. The more you know can only help. Especially discrete math and linear algebra

Try drugs
Party
Fuck as much as you can
Don't neglect your studies, you want to actaully come out of if with more tha just fucking awesome memories

It DOES mean you should organize with classmates to share notes and alternate which days you attend

>show up to class on time, every time
>don't skip any
>bring coffee so you don't fall asleep during class
caffeine pills also work
>don't worry about the women*
>only network with people who will be of use to you, such as club members and professors
>ALWAYS respect your professors; you may need them for a Letter of Recommendation someday
>stay away from feminists, Sociology majors, English majors, Linguistics majors, and Music majors
>don't bother partying; focus on getting your shit done on-time, studying, and playing vidya
>workout six days a week and eat right; the "freshman 15" is indeed real
>don't be a dirty roommate
>always secure your shit

Kick the biggest dudes ass as soon as you get there and you will be king of the school

Does it pay well though?

Honestly I just want what pays the most. Really interested in servers, but if mobile pays more I'll do mobile. What pays the most in 4-10 years?

No, always start at least a week before the exam if you want to cram

It's the same shit. I thought everyone would be more mature and serious but it was the same shit, so try to have fun, oh and fuck bitches.

Dont be a moron, real life is not American Pie. Focus on your studies, get good grades, this is what you're there for. 5 years from now no one will give a shit how many jaegerbombs you could do in a row back in college, but they will care about your degree and GPA. Trust me, when you get a good job, you'll be able to get your dick wet much more easily. Keep your eyes on the prize.

Why are you so concerned about the pay? Wouldn't you rather do something you enjoy?

Anyway I'm not sure what pays the best. Probably statistical or financial computing or something like that. As far as working close to the hardware I have no idea. You're probably much better off going to and asking them

what do you mean by lie? like how much money you have and shit?

>Wouldn't you rather do something you enjoy?

Being paid a lot is something I enjoy.

> Probably statistical or financial computing or something like that.

That sounds fun.

I'll ask Cred Forums too then. Thanks man.

taking the bait this far