My roomie is streaming league of legends and taking up all our bandwidth...

My roomie is streaming league of legends and taking up all our bandwidth, what can I do to drop his connection even momentarily?

Other urls found in this thread:

cookbook.fortinet.com/traffic-shaping-bandwidth-54/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Download something? Fucking retard.

restart your modem from your browser.

Whack him in the head with a baseball bat.

send a whole bunch of packets to his IP over the network.
Fucking DOS nerd

unplug the router

Too direct, I wanna make him lag out not disconnect entirely, maybe I should've said that

download and upload large files over ftp.

This would work

He's on a cable

Update Star Citizen? When my roommate updates it, all of my internet traffic halts.

Or just do what suggested.

Access router > block mac address of computer

How do
Looking into this

pour cold water on her setup that will stop her

Setup QOS on your router and give him 10% of available bandwidth. Then go download a bunch of Linux torrents at once.

???
Profit

tell us the twich name op

internet speed test

I looked up command prompt hacks yesterday (cant remember which site)
but one of the tricks was you are able to shut down another computer on your network remotely, you just need the computer name, have not tried it yet so i don't know if its legit, but it might actually work

If you have separate modem from wifi router, you can reboot the modem and he will still be connected to the wifi but have no internet for 30-60 seconds

google it

log into router by typing 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Default login is usually admin admin or administrator admin, admin password...etc

From the router page you can black list the ip or probably throttle but whatever.

Kick him out for playing a faggot weeb game.

That is not a hack. /shutdown ?

No
This seems like the best option but I know literally nothing about command line. COuldn't I just download any large file via my browser

this is a good idea, but not all routers have QoS.

run an IP scanner on the network to find his LAN IP, then DDoS him from the cmd prompt by running a continuous ping: ping 192.168.0.x -t

works best with many cmd prompt windows open and running that command

no, it does not involve hacking, it will not harm their computer. it will just kick it off the network. (theoretically, like i said i have not tried it so i don't know if it works)

cookbook.fortinet.com/traffic-shaping-bandwidth-54/

just dug through my history, try this one, am not sure if its right but it may be
21 Command Prompt Tricks and Hacks
pcsupport.about.com

Just watch Netflix.

Try this...
"Hey bro, you're hogging all the interwebs. knock it off."

this is pretty much setting up QoS using a third party. seems like a pain in the ass too

shutdown -r will restart your own system.
You have to create a remote connection to their system and have login access, sometimes admin rights depending on the system.

You can create a remote command execution by shovelling the shell but that is alot more difficult then just fucking using bandwidth or slamming a bunch of large packets to an unused UDP port on his system.

ORRRRRRRRRR Login to the router, change the password for connection, then change the password back after 30 seconds.

Go up to him and get really angry about a light being left turned on last night. It's irrelevant what he says in return, weather or not a light was left on, so on - people will get defensive at first and then accept that perhaps their memory is imperfect. Then tangent and say something along the lines of "not to mention this nerdy fucking game you play fucking up our power bill and the internet". By starting with something that although is irrelevant and absuing him you create the social situation where you have the power yourself and you can by using the first distraction mechanism get your way on the other thing.

Trust me, the lady who possesses my mom all the time does it and it's pretty effective, but craaazy fucking abusive.