Transformation thread

Transformation thread.

This is me over the last three months and one week (new photo on the left). Anyone else change their fitness and health a lot?

You look better in the before.

I can't say anything then, I have no before and after (yet)

Better in the before? What? Seriously? No way. I was much fatter then...

take your pants off

do it now

They're already off :P

Say hello monkey man there is no difference?

??????????

too much cutting not enough building

You think I should focus on more lifting? I was doing three days a week cardio and two days a week of lifting over the last three months.

you were much hotter before

... the one on the right is before. The one on the left is the new one...

your pecs and biceps are kind of disproportionate to your back

your front isn't big enough and without the fat it looks weird

What sort of faggot are you
The before goes on the left

i know, i can read

You mean my pecs and biceps are too big for my back, or are not big enough for my back?

What do you mean by my front isn't big enough? Just not sure what you mean...

My fault. Still, the one on the left is the new one.

Fuck cardio

you had a perfect body and you ruined it with muscle, for me obviously

What are you doing here?
Take this crap to /fit/ or better yet, /soc/.

Did you want a fucking cookie for doing steroids?

You look like you worked out for about 6 months, lost about 20 lbs, and got impatient. Also you are older and probably not doing well with the ladies, so you decided to start riding the bicycle.

Good luck in life faggot, fix your priorities, hint posting selfies on Cred Forums shouldn't be one of them.

i liked how you looked before

Fair enough. M/F? I can understand your perspective. Some people prefer less muscular bodies.

The before looks better. you dun goofed (yes I'm talking about the right pic)

Show us your dick. Please.

No steroids.

as in the muscles on the front of your body, the biceps and pectorals, aren't big enough to keep pace with the look of size that your back is giving you. You gotta be able to lean back and throw your chest out more, and see that swole

you gotta do more bench press and dumbbells to balance out your core

Interesting. It seems a fair amount of people prefer my body from before. I am much healthier now, and so regardless I prefer the new me. But it is interesting that a decent number of people dislike the new look.

I'm semi-fat and can't find the time/motivation to lose the weight, even though it would be ez-pz cause of location/funds. Should I kill myself?

these people are all wrong, you look much better now lmao. keep going man

Ahh ok. I had not heard that comment before. Thanks for the advice. I thought that I focused a fair amount on my chest and arms. We'll see how I progress over the next couple of months.

No. This was actually really easy. I thought it would be hard, but it wasn't too tough and I had a great time!

You look good, OP. Ignore the fags. How strict did you have to go with the diet?

Thanks! I feel much better about myself in general.

It all depends on what look you wanna go for.
>Wanna be ripped? Do a mixture of cardio and lifting, and eat around as much energy as you spend (a bit less if u wanna lose weight, but IMO you don't need to)
>Wanna be big? Do some semi-heavy lifting 8-15 reps, many different excercises for the same muscle groups.
>Wanna become good at lifting heavy? 2-4 reps of heavy weight, focus on the "big" lifts. I.E deadlift, Squat and Benchpress

Since I personally lift to compliment my sports (which is gymnastics), I lift heavy to make sure my muscles can put out as much energy as possible in a short span of time. It's all about the goal.

If u tell me what you are going for I can go more in depth

I aimed for a 500 calorie per day deficiency. I eat a salmon omelette in the morning with potatoes and mustard, chicken and beef teppanyaki for lunch, and then again for dinner, and then have a protein shake with fruit after working out.

Many days I felt quite hungry. It has been somewhat challenging. But I am thankful for my discipline.

(same guy)
Btw, you look to be in great shape OP! Nice improvement

My primary motivation is to be as healthy as possible. I am in the military, and so strength is important, but I do not want want to be too large.

Thank you! I have lost 18 pounds.

Then it's kinda like me
I'd suggest a mixture of heavy lifting (2-4 reps) and some cardio (I skip the cadio since I only have like 10 seconds of activity at max in gymnastics)
Also just keep a balanced diet

Thanks for the advice. I have never really done 2-4 rep lifting before. I will try to incorporate that into my routine.

before always goes on the left side you massive fucking retard.
Keep lifting you meathead.

Wow, som many insecure fat faggots in this thread. Great work OP, keep going at it. And also if you've only been working out for 3 months don't go changing your routine just yet, there's no reason for routine hopping if you're still getting results.

why is Cred Forums so insecure. projecting so hard.

Thanks for the value add commentary faggot.

Thanks! :)

Lifting heavy (1-4 reps) is great for muscle and strength growth. However, it's certainy not optimal for health benefits. Mark Rippetoe himself, the author of Starting Strength and more or less a guru in the weight lifting industry, says that there's no such thing as an uninjured strength athlete. There's nothing wrong with that, however, since no sport comes without injuries, but you shouldn't ignore it, either.

The theory behind it is simple: if you're within the 1-4 rep interval you're problably close to your 90-100% max weight, and that is really hard to lift with a strict form. As a result, the risk of lifting incorrectly will increase.

I'm not saying never do low reps, I've done them systematicly throughout my own strength training career. I'm just saying if your goals are shoulder, back, hip and just overall health reasons, super heavy low reps is probably not the way to go. You're probably way better off to keep within 5-10 reps depending on the number of sets you're doing, the exercise and the routine you're following. That way you could still get thick and solid af, without too much risk of injuries.

Source: I'm a physical therapist and a personal trainer.

what kind of diet did you switch to? I currently have an inguinal hernia and severe anxiety problems which leads to me smoking an awful lot of hash oil (i live in ca and have a medical card.)
that being said, it's hard to eat at all more than once a day, and when i do i get really hungry and high so i usually go for shitty food options. the stupid thing is, sometimes i can still be hungry after i've eaten because i don't have what I'm in the mood for.
btw 154lbs 5'9" 25 if that helps. so i'm not super out of shape but with this injury i've had for like 2 years now it's been hard doing leg exercises or any at all.
does anyone know of any satisfying yet tasty no calorie high power meal options?

Thank you for that. Excellent advice.

I think I noted my diet earlier. Essentially, I eat fish, eggs, beef, chicken, vegetables, fruit, and protein powder, with my one indulgence being potatoes with mustard at breakfast. I do not eat any bread, or anything like bread, or any rice, or anything like rice.

so try to cut out carbs which are essentially also almost any junk food.
how do you manage to cook these food options and keep their tastes satisfying? also how much calories would you say you burn a day on average? (how often do you go to the gym and what exactly are you doing there?)

I do not cook at all. I eat out for all meals.

In order to lose weight, I ate about 1,800 calories on days where I did not exercise, and up to 2,300 calories on days where I exercised (at least according to the app I use).

yeah you look a little weird in that left photo.

something about your workout isn't right. top is too big for the middle.

hello physical therapist. i've got a quick question i am the guy from with the inguinal hernia. what kind of work outs would you think are best for the injury I have without putting stress on any of those muscles? obviously arm workouts, but weird things make it worse (like carrying heavy objects straight and breast length infront of me.) do you have any advice for workouts i can for before i have surgery (hopefully) to fix this issue?
I've had the problem for 2 years and it's been causing a mass behind my left testicle because of the pressure it's putting on my testicles, specifically epididymis. any advice on what kind of workouts i can do and not make it worse mr physical therapist?
thanks.

My shoulders look too big for my torso?

I completely understand why you lift heavy, I would never dissuade you from doing that. Working out for general health benefits and training for a specific sport is two very seperate things.

However, for an every day guy such as OP who's goal is not to do gymnastics, playing american football, competing in olympic lifting etc you're more often than not better off doing lighter weight (note: LIGHTER weight, not LIGHT weight. You should still lift heavy within the given rep interval, in this case 5-10). That way he's also shortening the time it takes to recover which I would guess will be of great benefit in the military. Given that he's not doing some crazy ass routine, that is.

honestly big shoulders is an amazing turn on (bi guy here who also works out) and something I've always tried to achieve. I think it's most peoples frame before they started working out, but at the same time, what kind of shoulder exercises do you do?

I do shoulder press, front shoulder raises, and lateral raises.

you were already good looking in the before. i'd fuck you in both.

Thank you :) M/F?

F

How old are you?

Cool. Well, if you were near me I might fuck you ;)

iphone7 isn't that big a deal bro

It's only an iphone6.

Who the fuck puts the AFTER photo on the left?

I'm sorry to say that inguinal hernia's very rarely fixed with more physical strain, it's more often than not actually worsened because of the increased abdominal pressure. Almost everytime you lift something the abdominal pressure is increased (it's your body's way of creating stabillity for the spine) and that is probably why you feel it even though you're "just" working your arms or moving a weight from point A to point B. A good example of this is the exercise Farmer's Walk, which is a very popular stength and stabillity exercise amongst strongmen. All you do is to pick up and move heavy weights from one end of the room to the other.

My point is that it's really tough to work around without actually going through with the surgery first. My advice would be to first of all stay away from exercises that induce the pain and to find alternatives. My guess would be that machines would probably work better because of the inherent stability of the machine, that way your body does not have to create it itself by increasing ab pressure. However, my best advice is to of course go visit an actual professional in real life before going of doing anything that could potentially harm you.

Me I guess.

thanks for the advice

Not a single comparison pic was uploaded. Wow.

Anyway fuck these guys. You look good op. Keep it up.

Exercises that's worthy of trying out (stop if they induce more pain:

Pretty much any upper body exercise. If it hurts too much to move the weight, do it in a machine.
Leg extensions, hamstring curls, calf press.

Exercises to stay away from:

Exercises that hurt or feel weird, or where you can actually feel your ab pressure increase
Squats
Leg Press
Deadlift
Shoulder press
Front/Anterior Deltoid Dumbbell Raises
Any exercise where you have to rotate your upper body (for example: wood choppers or land mines).

And also, of course, stay away from all abdominal exercises in general. But I guess you knew that.

Yeah kind of weird that no one else took the opportunity to share :(

I'll bite.

3rd pic is my fave :)

fuck off to /fit you attention seeking fat cunt

Fuck off you insecure cunt. Great work OP mirin progress! How long have you been in the military for?

So you got fat as fuck? Why would you post that? Go on a diet you fucking tub of lard.

nice weight-gain u prick. start lifting again u ugly fuck. and start shaving ffs

show cock

>and start shaving ffs
no! i love that chest hair.