Why the fuck is the military not making legit diamond armour?

Why the fuck is the military not making legit diamond armour?

We all know that diamond is made synthetically, so why aren't soldiers wearing it or having diamond helmets and goggles?

Serious question
It just makes sense

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnlaegHmB2k
youtu.be/fkPPkDwH9NA?t=120
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Money

Are you retarded?

>it just makes sense
>being this retarded

because a really fucking heavy piece of shit like that wont even stop a bullet

Because Diamond Armour would not be tough enough to keep the bullet from an inpact. In fact a diamond plate for example would break if you shoot it.

actually... diamond breaks easily.

Goddamnit op

learn the difference between hard, and brittle.

>wasting millions of dollars on armor that is not only brittle as fuck, but also made to protect expendable resources

it may be the "hardest" material but it is brittle and large sheets of diamond will crack and break. also its still expensive as fuck to synthesize diamond. Figures a minecraft player would ask such stupid fucking questions

>go to YouTube
>go to game theory
>find out why you're retarded

and it would show the enemy where you are by making you shiny as fuck

Diamond is a very heavy metal

1 gram diamond weighs like 15 grams
Usually takes a crane

because it's too heavy, 1g diamonds weighs 15g

top fuckin' lel

Because diamond is the heaviest metal, 1 gram of it weighs almost 15 grams

Fuck, beat me to it

because notch would sue

Bunch of trolls here. Diamond is used on cutting blades to cut through the hardest material which is glass. It obliterates glass. Imagine what it would do to a bullet made of soft copper. Synthetic diamond coated armor would be super strong. It it broke so easily then why are there diamon coated MACHINING TOOLS.

Lrn2engineering

youtube.com/watch?v=qnlaegHmB2k

If this isnt bait ill livestream me being an hero

I'm pretty sure I've already covered it boys. Head over to my channel and subscribe!

>1 gram diamond weighs like 15 grams
american schools teach this

This has got to be the dumbest thread I've seen this week. Not only you OP, but all the answers are retarded and show such an incredible lack och education.

The only conclusion is that you're all dumbass faggots and you should all be sterilized.

>being this new

Diamond is strong but can't take any kind of impact.

>haha, what a retard, right guyse?
now care to explain why it is such a bad idea?
I think diamond being carbon and not metal would be inferior because of molecular composition and bonds in the material.
Diamond may be superior by definition, but you need some elastic properties to absorb impact.

It may be strong but it's also brittle. It's only strong to compressive force, not concussive force. It will shatter like ceramic.

>88

3 reasons 2 of which people have mentioned already:
1. Soldiers aren't worth a set of full diamond armor.
2. Even lightly threaded diamond would be heavy af
3. Which I'm surprised no one has mentioned is that diamond is shitty at blast protection (especially given its weight). If you're curious as to why look up [bending stress and shear stress]

Kek if you threw hard a diamond on the ground it would brake imagine by a bullet.
Diamonds have patterns inside that make them fragile but impossible to scratch

and of course like three people mention it after I hit send.

>"I want to have people screenshot me for being retarded, so that i will be recognized for something" the post
Dream on user, dream on.

>takes a crane
I missed that meem

> very heavy metal
Noooooooooo

youtu.be/fkPPkDwH9NA?t=120
they break

Obviously if we used diamond armor then our enemies would use diamond bullets. Once that cat is out of the bag we are all fucked.

>lel
Get out

What surprises me is that theses fucks actually believe in diamonds being such a great metal so much so that they hold on to it like they hold their dicks to Minecraft.

Look at it historically you dipshits. Diamonds were discovered a long time ago. Why the fuck haven't we used it as pritection!? Because it's fucking retarded.
1. It's expensive
2. It's brittle
3. It's a fucking crystalline structure one of the most difficult and impossible structures to occur in nature. They literally have so much pressure against each carbon that ruining even one carbon from its position disrupts the balance. Which is why it breaks when you drop it.

cuck

Next step is the nuke

because diamonds have cleavage and if you hit it in the cleavage it will break

>dimond is too heavy, whoever has to wear the armor would either be crushed or unable to move

>The internal structure of dimond would cause the armor to do next to nothing in stopping a bullet/ explosion

>Its ridiculously expensive

>Dimond is rigid, so if someone was wearing a suit of it they would be very restricted in movement

Would a zozzle be more to your liking, friend?

Because they are viewed as expendable

better question, why the fuck isn't it on more weapons? imagine a macuahuitl with diamonds, the device which could already behead horses with ease

You retard
Might be able to afford one single Diamond Man

>Romeo-bait
>not Cyrano-bait
4/10 because art

Because real life isn't minecraft you underagedb&

Its cheaper to get a new soldier than it is to produce diamond armor.

>metal

you're cute
What' stopping me from killing your ass with a gun while you attempt to cover whatever magical distance you need to?
That's why? Protip, machetes are cheaper and are actually used in modern times en masse

Can't argue with that logic.

Would be an amazing idea if we lived before the 1600s

nothing at all? melee weapons exist today even with guns also existing i don't get your point. i am curious about the effectiveness of a REAL diamondsword

Diamond is resilient against abrasion thats why it works for that, but has very low resistance to impacts, a simple hit with a hammer with crush it try it with your moms wedding ring sometime.

Just hit something with a glass rod it will be just as effective.

Macuahuitls or macanas would be sharper because it's obsidian. Obsidian can be fashioned sharper than diamond but it loses its edge much faster.

1)
Bait
2)
Would be extremely over expensive.
Ineffective. It may be hard but its super brittle and non flexible
Extremely movement restrictive
You would stick out like a sore thumb
3)
How old are you?
10/10

/Thread

Have you never heard of the feather/brick question?

kek

A real diamondsword would be steel in the center with diamond on the edges, but the kind of technology you would need to even produce the heat to create something like that necessarily places it behind the era of guns, making it essentially useless.

It would be great for cutting, but not for bashing. It would break once it hit something hard. It would be better used on shears or scissors. It can't take that kind of impact.

notch doesn't own that property any more. he doesn't care. what's the name of the autistic homosexual who runs microsoft again?

Lulzzy
Chill out m8ty

boobs have cleavage which make my dick diamonds, my dick won't break therefore your argument is invalid.

>memeing this hard

That would be a little bit too expensif.

Diamond is very very strong, but extremely brittle. Kevlar and other "bulletproof" materials aren't only strong, they are also very good at dissipating the impact from a bullet.
Diamond is awful at this.

You are so superior. Well done.

Yeah and why not use diamond to buid tank, plane, gun, shoes. I love your idea look legit.