Is smoking weed every day bad? How much damage am I doing to my physical and mental health? Am I a drug addict...

Is smoking weed every day bad? How much damage am I doing to my physical and mental health? Am I a drug addict, or is that what they want me to think I am? I know it's cliche, but cannabis is only a flower, can't be that bad.

Enlighten me, Cred Forums.

Use a vape

ive smoked everyday for 7 years. graduating university in spring. electrical engineering and weed boyz. the 2 things a man needs in life.

depends on your personality.

I don't smoke weed, haven't in more than 5 years but here's what I've learned.

There are two types of weedsmokers:
>Those who can smoke 10 blunts a day for years and years and never lose intelligence

>Those who smoke 1 hit and feel retarded

If you are 1, go for it. If you are 2, don't smoke every day.

G'day Ziggy D here

not that bad in the case you grow it yourself, and eat it instead of smoke it

I smoke before bed time, not every day but every other, helps me sleep better and chills me. This is going on for yearz and i have not noticed negative effects on my overall social and bussiness life. I have no problems with everyday interactions and shits like that. I do not smoke during the day thou and in groups, i love to enjoy my joint alone with good book, movie, music or game.

I always have paranoia that I will die soon because of smoking.
Im smoking every day since 2 years (Ive been smoking before of course) and it feels like the only thing actually keeping me going to work and shit, you know? Knowing that a bowl awaits you at home is something that motivates me.

I think its mostly a waste of time and money, and rich people WANT idiots to waste their time on this so they can rob the country blind

I'm smoking daily, which is self-medicating for anxiety issues. Been to drs, they can't get the meds right.

I'm about to start vaping or making tincture or something. It took a while, but my lungs are starting to get irritated every time I smoke, and I cough a lot. Sucks.

As for being an addict: there is chemical addiction and then there is dependency. You are almost certainly not chemically addicted to weed. But if you're smoking every day, you're probably dependent on it to either counteract a neurological or chemical disorder (as I am) or because it's easier/more pleasant than dealing with life problems. Either way, that's dependency, which some view as a form of addiction.

If you're doing it because your brain makes life too hard and nothing else helps, you're a kinda-addict, but fuck, whatcha gonna do? Just try to be healthy, and don't have it out in public and go to jail.

>Probably
>physical damage you'd be doing rather little
>mental health could be bad depending on the person
>you are a drug addict once you cant do without the drug. Only way to tell is try going a week without and see how that goes.
The problem with smoking weed everyday, all day, is that you will be but a lazy piece of shit all day. It's okay to smoke some to relax every so often, but when you do it out of a habit rather than out of an occasion it probably won't be any good in the long run.

That's because you're addicted. Thankfully there isn't any physical withdraw

Damn, how much do you spend on weed? maybe cut back some and save your money

I smoke daily for medical issues, so I'm biased. I think weed has its benefits, but it can also have its drawbacks. With that said, the drawbacks are very mild or negligible and the benefits are immense. The good thing is if the drawbacks are starting to get too much, weed is a very easy drug to taper off or go cold turkey compared to other substances. Piece of cake if you taper over the course of a week or so.

(not OP) I spend about $150 US/month. It's cheaper than drinking.

there has been zero correlation with marijuana use and cancer, so that's not a problem. if you're not under 14 years of age it won't impair any cognitive development or mental capacity in the long term.

i used to smoke like 1g/day in college but you'll probably grow out of it eventually when you start having actual shit to do. So long as you're not blowing all your cash on weed and can't make car/house/etc. payments, it's just a fun thing to do.

>Knowing that a bowl awaits you at home is something that motivates me.

Yeah that was me for a good while. Shitty days dealing with shitty people, nothing better than to go home and smoke.

Eventually though I began having short term memory loss (if you want to call it that) which was mostly forgetting words. Didn't like forgetting words anymore so I quit. Still forget words like a motherfucker 5 years later, so I can't 'honestly' attribute it to the weed, but still don't smoke regardless. Some days I want to, I'm sure I will again some day.

This!
3 years going so far.
I'm successfull at my job
My body is fine
BUT
my anxiety has gone

This. If you are layed back and outgoing by nature you are probably OK. I quit years ago because I tend to be a little more high strung and introverted. I was getting too paranoid. Quiting was the best thing for my personal and professional life.

True shit.

Op stop being a faggot, it's just a plant. If weed makes you a shitty person it's because you were a shitty person to began with.

Had to post pictures of what I'm smokin

I think a lot of people with anxious personalities have a hard time with strains that have low or no cbd.

I had the same problem but I eventually conquered it by being busy and mentally concentrated over the day. I try to always use accurate words instead of describing things and I think it's just some sort of practise.
I sometimes have short term memory lost but I somehow declare "important" things as imporant and to remember. This is of course subjective what is imporant and what's not but I think I'm doing a good job.
For example when I learned english, many students always tried to describe our words in english but I rather learned the exact english word so there are no misconceptions.

Say fuck it. Live your life

ive had no issues like the ones mentioned in other posts. weed helps me to gain perspective and understanding of abstract ideas far easier than "normal". its helped my focus and my wallet. i dont drink btw. and id rather vape than smoke, however atm i dont have a choice but to smoke or eat it which is actually more effective, but requires prep

The shitty thing is it shouldn't even cost you that. It's literally a goddamn weed. Fucking coffee is much harder to grow. What is decent coffee, $15-$20 a pound? Fucking governments

/thread
This

Free the weed

nah

With this said, after I take some dabs and especially after a good home made edible, i can go from being having a lot of joint pain and trouble breathing, to getting up and feeling semi normal during the day. So I'm sure it is doing something positive for my body when i use it in higher amounts.

It's not a chemical addictant, only a habitual addictant so it won't change you any more than you allow it to. Then again, everything we do changes us as people on at least some small level. The you you were ten minutes ago is not the you you'll be ten minutes from now.

Pot is like $1 usd a gram to grow outdoors

my dads gay

you're a drug addict if you can't imagine your life without it.

I know him

then the entirety of the coffee drinking world is lost in downward addictive spiral where they rob from family and suck dick to feed their addiction.

Outdoor is garbage if it gets too hot outside where you live.

same here, some puffs outta my launch box and then music or tv - best evenings ever

Oregon

Yeah southern oregon has some of the best outdoor i agree. Im just in so cal where outdoor is very seasonal and does better with mixed light conditions.

I dab first thing when I wake up before my morning classes, then I go to shcool Where I have a 3.7 gpa, then I go to work where I make 14$ an hour at 18 years old all throughout getting baked, been smoking every day for about three years, if your life goes to shit after you start smoking weed its not the weed its you. The most important question you can ask is: Do I need to smoke weed? Can you go without it? As long as the answer is yes you are okay. Weed works for some and completely does not for others, know yourself

>be me
>smoke daily for like 10 years
>masters degree in chemistry

It's about who you are. Some people are useless when they are hit, others can get their shit done. Would I be more productive if I wasn't high?probably, but Im not trying to keep up with those people who use stimulants (coffee, adderall, etc)

why is that extract so chunky? looks unstable. wheres the stability, wheres the terps?!?!

Tell him "time flies when you're a faggot"

You're a fucking idiot if you think that is all that entails addiction

Its obviously whipped lol

I'm an oldfag so it is going to be fun to see what the new generation does now weed is legal on the west coast

only becuase caffeine is legal doesn't make it less of a drug, try observing someone who drank coffee every day for years after a few days not getting some, mood swings, anger, headaches, stomach problems etc. arise.

Yeah, I get pretty pissed off and edgy in the morning if I don't get my coffee.

Oldfags dont call themselves oldfags.

Also, weed has been "legal" on the west coast a long ass time.

I disagree completely, and
is me.

Explanation:

The entirety of my days are spent exhausting myself mentally, 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week, for the past 5 or so years.

The words I forget have nothing to do with importance; random words seem to just disappear from my memory at random times.

8-10 hours a day are spent writing C and C++ code, so I highly doubt it has anything to do with me not being busy or mentally concentrated throughout the day.

Thinking back now, it is not only words. I wouldn't say it 'hurts' my career, but I am having to stack overflow many things I used to easily be able to recall from memory.

Make smoking a hobby. Something to do when you feel like chilling.

Dont:
-spend too much money on it
-grow a dependency on it to feel good
-spend your week constantly high

I used to smoke every day for two years and nothing bad happened because I'd do it before I went to bed. I'd sit in my room, enjoy music, write, play video games, and then have the best sleep in the world. Make it an entirely positive experience and you shouldn't have a problem.

You shut your whore mouth already, nobody cares about you. You are dog shit.

If you're using Cred Forums, you have little physical or mental health to lose.

But.. I'm a rich dude smoking pot.
Wat do?