how fucked are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/supervolcano/article.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=3zHgwiOK3oU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvkITCGqK4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_energy_consumption
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

texas nigga

Arizona, but just as fucked as anyone else. That shit is an extinction level event nigga.

If yellow stone goes the ash cloud will envelope the globe for 200 years. There will be no sunlight and the entire planet will be sent into the deepest winter it has ever seen over it's entire surface for that 200 years. All plants will die, all animals that eat plants will die. All animals that eat plant eaters will die an so on. You get the picture, but the entire world will die including humans..

Ohio, here. Probably not dead yet, but soon will be.

The rest of the world will soon follow as the ash cloud envelopes the planet, making air transport impossible and setting off a nuclear winter.

Talk about yer climate change...

fine, but there is no more coca-cola.

I'd be dead af

where in tx

came here to post this

The waterbears will rise to take the throne

All hail the glorious waterbear empire

why the fuck we are living guys on a slim crisp of a hot liquid bead

How does a super volcano kpu that much dust into air? I'd think it would settle from rain after at least 5 year s of rainfall.

East coast here... probably very little change here... relatively speaking

if Yellowstone erupts you're aware that the ash cloud will cover the earths atmosphere, blocking out the suns light for hundreds of years causing the next ice age...

if it erupts no one will be alright

Ohio. I'm fine.

Shut up.

But I'm in Canada :^)

ITT: People who watch too many movies think Yellow Stone erupting would be an end of world scenario.

the upside to this is that you will be able to do literally whatever the fuck you want.

if you have guns of course.

its literally in scientific magazines and websites.

what the fuck is wrong with you you fucking mook?

I live by Austin, for the most part, it wouldnt be as fucked as some other places up north.

The explosion will be so big the dust will be blasted into the stratosphere where is no moisture and so it will simply float there for years.

slow down aristotle

You will be fucked once the nuclear winter sets in and all water freezes solid, all life starts to die, and shit just get worst.

im in ND a week after the blast, still raining ash, its up to 12ft high in the fields. luckily all the major cities have snow plows to keep it off the streets. biggest problem is feeding the cities and ongoing rural rescue efforts.

not all america will die.

Hawaii bitches. Fuck you mainland honkies

No country on this planet has provisions to keep it's population fed for 200 + years while all life on the planet such as plants and wildlife will die in the first 20 or so years. There is a reason why such and event is called an extinction level event. It extincts all life at that time.

See

he doesnt know about the circle of life. forgive him. they dont have the lion king in ND.

were talking post blast not years later

>Yeah, because everyone knows how self-sufficient the islands are. Not like you'll need food, or fuel shipped in at all

Nigga, please...

So all the scince and shit that is currently being done there and predicting it will happen is all BS. Are you aware the dome rises every year by 1 foot? That is confirmed and measured yearly. That means pressure is building and like all volcanoes at some point that pressure will want out.

Fake and gay

lol "science". Did this "science" star Jake Gyllenhaal?

Lets not forget that it's about 100,000 years over due for a major eruption...

>everyone in America is dead
>rest of the world seems fine
Pick one

If you are in the kill zone it is instant death by the explosion or pyroclastic flow.

He's 100% right you know. USGS is watching that bitch like a hawk.

Which simply means it is closer than ever. This people is what will end humanity, not some 3rd world war.

I'm in Canada soooooo

That chart does not account for the nuclear winter. It is only initial damage from the eruption.

Argentinafag

First kek'd so much, and later view the sun/moon for last time in much years...

San Antonio Here.
Your fucked bruh

Kill Zone fag here, nice knowing you fuckers.

Cool as a cucumber down here in FLA.

we're all gonna die in a year or so anyway

Thank god none of the paranoid movie freaks in this thread represent any kind of accredited science.

Straight from the BBC which we know does not lie unlike the US and hollywood.

bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/supervolcano/article.shtml

>thinking it would be this limited
Good luck with that. I was in Panama when St Helens went and there was ash all the way down there.

> youtube.com/watch?v=3zHgwiOK3oU

Georgia fag now, and pretty sure there would be ash here in quantities that would cause problems.

That image represents ash not carried by the wind. This just ash that would be too heavy to get carried and just fall straight back down.

> youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvkITCGqK4

We'd be fucked anyway.

Of what?

Starvation, freezing, lack of fuel due to it all being burned to try and stay warm. Water supplies freezing solid. Do you need more?

Somebody got shit in their cornflakes.

O... I thought you meant from something not related to this, as in if this didn't happen we're all dead anyway.

>Including humans
Unlikely, and here's why.
Geothermal heat
It's likely somebody out in the world somewhere had already planned for this, and has preparations made. They'll use the heat from the earth's mantle to stay warm and possibly generate electricity which can be used to power ultraviolet bulbs and grow plants. I'm just saying, it is possible for people to survive this scenario.

I have guns and I will go a'rapin.

The south will rise again!

>I have guns and I will go a'rapin.

Not on a scale large enough to feed the rest of the world..

Definitely enough for 100-200 people, which is what is necessary for human repopulation,

I'll just farm mushrooms

We have the nuclear power to keep generators running for 200 years. Generators support fake sunlight, stimulate plant growth etc. not many would survive, but the human race would prevail.

You think mushrooms have the protein to support carbon based life for 200 years? You're literally a retard.

Underrated post

As well as enough animals and other wildlife to rebuild a sustainable world? I doubt it. Why can't you people face the fact we are fragile and we will meet our demise rather it by by asteroid, volcano, or war. Humanities time is limited and it is time a new species took over the planet.

>you aren't knowledgeable about nutrition? I hereby diagnose you with mental retardation.

Whomovert said we'd need %100 of the populace to survive stupid

>america covered in 3mm of ash

Ftfy

Who would want to survive on a dead ice ball? You? Not me. I hope I am ground zero along with 4chans server.

You wouldn't believe the things that are possible. You must be one of those edge Lords who acts like "oh humans are cancer to this earth they need to die" let me tell you something, humans are some of the most resilient fucking things to ever live, with so many, it's not hard to believe that someone somewhere has taken all preparations and precautions necessary for a scenario like this.
Whatever it takes.

I am right on the edge of that line. Risqy shit.

Thx dr. Dipshitdumbass
What are my prescriptions?

Oregon. I'm going to be boned after 2-3 years probably, and only that long because the number of hydroponics supply places around here is insane.

Sure there might be, but *YOU* will not be one of those lucky few invited to their refuge.

Where you at? I'm in southern Washington. I'd survive the blast, and flee to Russia.

Neither will you, but im okay with that as long as humanity survives.

At least I'm a fag

At least we can agree on that.

Bruh, I'd travel to the center of the earth and fight the hostile alien races with hitler

You got me bro, you win. I recant.

Survives to do what? Keep the BLM movement going? Keep black on white/cop hate going? Keep ISIS going? Humanity no longer deserves a place on this planet, humanity is a lost cause and a waste of oxygen.

>You must be one of those edge Lords who acts like "oh humans are cancer to this earth they need to die"
I'm not this buuuut
>let me tell you something, humans are some of the most resilient fucking things to ever live
...we're not even close. Resiliency is almost directly related to *smaller* size, and humans are way too big. We're considered megafauna. Microbes just aren't as dramatic looking so nobody thinks of them as important but they're easily the most successful organisms we've ever seen.

If you cut down their population size like a supervolcano would do to us, they'd get their genetic diversity back pretty quickly anyway. They'll cover the world in slime all over again pretty quickly.

Slime just ain't that cool *looking* that's all.

Wow.
I guess all the bad outweighs the good eh? People are naturally evil? You sound like a school shooter, and that my friend, is human life I'm not afraid to see depart.

Hah, if you think BLM and cop hate going you've got another thing coming, think about it, only the super elite, those with the highest IQS, the best genetics, the cream of the crop will be allowed to live, humanity will resurface as a new species practically.

I see you filthy amerifats don't know anything about muh Iceland.

I say let it blow up.

>Just moved to Minnesota from california

People are naturally evil?

Yes we are. You have never done anything evil or had an evil though? If you say no, I call bullshit. We have all had evil thoughts and done evil things. Get over your haughty self.

Same

I agree that microscopic life can naturally adapt easier. But we've come a long ways. If there's any slim chance of surviving, humans would would find it

cinnamilk. cures everything

That would require humans to cooperate at numerous levels. We don't do that very well as you are well aware.

You're a dumbass.
Apparently Doing 1 good thing means nothing, while doing 1 bad thing means you're an evil wicked being. There is no grey area.
What kind of cut fuckin dry world do you think you're living in?

Sure. Intellect ain't useless and we'd scramble however we could. The one advantage we have over bugs is that we might be able to use space for something. Escape, or as a power source or something.

We're actually much better at space than microbes, while down here it's the other way around.

Unless you are Catholic sinning during the week then asking to be forgiven on the weekend does not work.

Humans naturally do evil things, sure. That doesn't define us though.

Have you not looked around lately?

Can you even comprehend 7 billion people though?
Of course we're going to see fucked up shit on such a large scale. That doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

>all Christians believe in being perfect people 100% of the time except Catholics
What? That's an extreme Calvinist belief and few Calvinists actually believe in that.

I'm in South America, I'll be here laughing as all you googles get your faces melted off.

Holy shit all that's keeping us from eating each other's faces is electricity. Once that goes out we go back to a pre-industrial society and all its benefits.

You can't suppress billions of years of evolution. Once the lights go out civility will go right out with it.

is life worth living without video games?

>answer is no.

Precisely.

Here's my average sinful day
>wake up, get ready
>take two bus's, minding my own business
>college for 5 hours
>buy coffee with a toonie, tip remaining $0.30
>don't speak to anyone
>headphones on, focus on work
>leave school
>go to work for 4 hours
>go home
>relax
>sleep

I hate being such a sinful, disgusting creature.

In times of crisis, humans will and must put their differences aside and work together to survive. We're smart enough to find solutions.

I honestly think the only way humans would go extinct is if we all die at the same time. We survived the ice age and adapted to live here as the planet warmed up so why not a nuclear winter

I'm sorry

Anyway, getting this thread back on track.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_energy_consumption
So we're using 104,426 TWh every year. How much of that can we turn into greenhouse power and how quickly? How quickly can we get nuclear power and geothermal power up and running everywhere where we're choosing not to use it right now?

No matter what we do I'd imagine we could only keep a small part of the Earth working.

And nothing of value was lost, except maybe Colorado

Well at least you won't have to make a bad choice in November.

It has happened a number of times and mammals are still here.

NDfag here
>good luck fighting off the commies without nukes

>he thinks all the nukes are in ND and are recorded

I am fuckin' fine.
Except for the blockage of the sun. But I am fungea, I don't need the sun.