ITT we tell exactly what our work is like and everything we want to say:

ITT we tell exactly what our work is like and everything we want to say:

I work at McDs. For the most part, I'm ok with it. But I fucking hate my managers. Well, I hate that every fucking manager that has no idea what they are doing is 18-22. Come to find out, we have around 10 managers at our god damn store. FUCKING WHY? WE DO NOT NEED THAT MANY!

My mother works at Waffle House and they have max 2. Most of the time 1 is the main and then we have the supervisor. Really? WHY? Waffle House is 10xs harder to manager when you have 50+ year old woman thinking they are in their 20s. Midlife crisis basically.

I had a customer get mad at me cause I was confirming his order. Bitch, I want to make sure you have the right order. Do you think I give a shit? The asshole white trash said to me "You have a computer in front of you. Read what it says!" Nigger. Let me explain something to your dumb fatass, OTHER ASSHOLES get in front of other assholes ALL the time. I cannot help that. I want to make sure the order I'm looking at IS YOURS! Next time you come thru my drive thru, I'm letting someone else deal with you and I'm gonna walk away.

I cannot stand these dumbasses. Seriously, everything in the fucking back IS FROZEN! Nothing is fresh cept for the salads at best. Most everything is put in a microwave. The only things that are "cooked" are the meat by products. Yes, they are real meat. But they are still frozen. You are basically paying ANY and ALL fast food to serve you from a freezer and to a microwave and so on. You're going to get mad at me cause your burger has pickles? Or that your cookie is stale. NIGGER, YOU CAME TO MCFUCKINGDONALDS GET OVER IT.

BTW:
If you love McDs frappes, get them to make a frappe with the pumkin flavor in it. Caramel Pumkin Frappe. Its not on the menu but you can special request it. Do it while you can!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh1RVsMgeVc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Customers always fucking suck user
>Starbucksfag here
THERE
IS
NO
SECRET
MENU

I'll trade you. I'd love to work at Starfucks. I love my pumkin frappe. I'm a basic bitch at heart.

Did your starbucks get the Butter beer? A lot of people still aren't aware that it's a thing.

We didn't, no.
Honestly it's not a horrible job to have as a student, as a supervisor I make okay pay. Just have to be able to deal with complete retards every day

I can see that. How many applefags do you get daily?

this made my mind chuckle

You're welcome user

Plenty

I'm a delivery boy for a small company that delivers for local restaurants in the area who otherwise don't have their own delivery programs. It's a shitty gig until I finish my bachelor's, but knowing the shitty job market, I'll probably be blue collar after college too.

Anyway, the job is pretty cushy. Not much human interaction. Get to drive and listen to music. Sometimes I'll download stand up and listen to that. Or an audio book. Only thing that sucks about the job is it puts hella miles on my fucking car and I need to get an oil change pretty much every two months. Full synthetic oil too.

Gas prices suck ass too. I'm employed as a contractor so I gotta do my tax bullshit myself too, which is fucking ridiculous, but what are ya gonna do.

All in all, not worth. Too lazy to look for anything else, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh1RVsMgeVc

an oil change is like $30 max

it's the fact that he HAS to do it so often. It's not the money.

it takes like 15 minutes

That's not the point man. It's that he HAS to do it so often. It gets annoying after a while.

i still dont see what the big deal is. if it was every 2 weeks i could see your point

Management for Pizza Hut.

All around it's not a bad gig. The worst I would say is when 40 year olds are basically handed a job because they worked for Pizza Hut when they were 20. They expect everything to be the same and even go as far as trying to do things how they were 20 years ago. They usually don't last very long.

I also hate how those types don't necessarily respect me, the assistant manager, because they see me as some dumb kid. (I'm 23). Look, it's not my fault you got addicted to meth in your 20s, and haven't been able to keep a decent job.. and now you're clean you have to resort to working 20 or less hours a week at Pizza Hut as a server.

Also when I work 45+ hours a week, and get these kids who aren't even in school that complain when I ask them to stay an extra hour.
"BUT I HAVE A LIFE"
Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm so sorry. Please go enjoy your life. Don't worry, I'll stay here an extra hour to catch up on all the work you didn't wanna do and miss out on that party I wanted to go to, or date I had planned, because I'm still 23 years old but no, I don't have a life. I sold my soul Pizza Hut. After this I don't even go home, I just sleep in a booth, wake up the next day and do it all over again. Fuck you.

Delivery drivers also piss me off.
"Is the ranch in the bag?" I DONT FUCKING KNOW. I DIDNT BOX IT OR BAG IT. The amount of time it took you to ask that question three times, you could have opened the bag yourself, CHECKED TO SEE IF THE FUCKING RANCH WAS IN THE BAG, and been on your way.

Other small things, but the pros by far outweigh the cons. I make really good money for my age, 401k, benefits, and they will pay for 48% of my college. Not everyone is completely retarded and I love being in a leadership role.

>OP works at McDonald's
>mother works at Waffle House

I think I have your issues locked down.

Kek

Starbucks ex-barista here
>there IS a secret menu
>we won't tell you what it is.

people who say "go flip some burgers" as a derogatory term are fucking idiots. working in fast food is one of the hardest jobs out there because you deal with fucking sperglords all day long and are expected to smile and not stab in the fucking face. i salute you fast foodies.

Gotta love it. Another McDfag here, while the town I work in is small enough to not have people cutting in the drive thru line all the time, we still get some pretty stupid people. That being said, the employees aren't exactly bright either, and a good majority of them speak Spanish.

From somebody who has covered every shift at least once, I can say that it's mostly alright until people are crabby, because if one person is upset, then by some twisted form of logic, the whole place is the equivalent of Dark Souls 3 edgelords. Morning is slow, until about 6-7 AM, which everybody orders BEC Biscuts. Not hard, but if somebody gets backed up on the grill line somewhere, it's an entirely different story, filled with anrgy farmers and people busting ass to get to school, and everybody expects to be compensated for their precious 5 minutes.

The morning management team is retarded, one of them used to work at Sonic, so every morning we'd get "Hi, welcome to Sonic", which nobody really cared about, the customers aren't THAT stupid, surprisingly. The other one can't read well at all, and can't spell. The third one, she's okay.

Lunch is like any other lunch at any other fast food, teenagers and random people trying to get through in 15 seconds. Same with dinner. One of our managers here is a real bitch, put lightly, also a toothless spic who we're pretty sure is on meth. Her last job was a supervisor down at the Taco John's down the highway, where she got fired for calling a co-worker a "little fucking troll". That co-worker was also one of my ex-managers with a major stress issue.

Closing shift is the fucking worst, at least on Fridays. In the little town, it happens to be football night, so everybody, instead of getting consession food, wants McDoubles and McChickens up the ass, and then they get mad when we can't keep up, because one asshole ordered 12 Triple Cheeseburgers.

(1/2)

i make snow cones. It is a good job. easy as fuck. get paid cash, under the table, make good tips. only real sucky part is when it's slow, get bored as fuck sometimes. It's usually just me but sometimes if its busy some one else is there, 1 works the register, other makes the cones and the other people are fucking retards who cant figure out $10-$3=$7 without the register telling them

this kinda shit

There's nothing really wrong with us. Fast Food is alright for the most part, like this dude said you have to work with dumbshits.

My mom is a fantastic server. Plus, almost everyone there would fight for me or my mom. WH isn't bad on food. I suggest eating there over McDs.

It's 2016, the last 5 years have been very hard on most everyone for the most part, finding a job is REALLY hard. this is NOT my dream job, I want to be a music game composer but I know how retarded that industry is to get into so I said fuck it and I'll fuck with music off to the side. Now I'm going to work towards something more practical like being a counselor. I do it almost all the time with people why not? I enjoy psychology anyways.

>and everybody expects to be compensated for their precious 5 minutes.
holy shit, this teacher waited 45 minutes and I told here how bad I felt. We had a line JUST the other night wrapped so bad around the building, we had 3 fuckers (including myself) on staff and we ran out of like 10 things and we LITERALLY had to close the store down.

People were mad at the management, not us. We explained everything going on, and most understood and said that it's some bullshit. The teacher said she was gonna tell corp for us.

This old lady and her grandson were so nice and patient, he said he was gonna do an app and try to help us asap. I told him I'd put a word in. Do you know if there's a way to push some papers to get a 15 yo hired?

I can see that.

OH and that lady and grandson, she said she would love a large coffee. I asked how long they were waiting. 15 fucking minutes. I told her its on the house.

I understand fast food is hard, dirty, under-respected, and underappreciated, work.

But it usually pays minimum wage or, at best, like a dollar more than minimum wage. Even the high management jobs are in the low teens per hour pay.

With the crap pay, hard work expected, and inability to advance into anything meaningful, I just don't understand why people work those jobs.

I've had several crap jobs too, I've worked in kitchens for upscale places, I've soldered, I've welded, I've butchered.... but all these things you can move up in and at least get to "good for a noncollege guy" pay like 50k a year.

I just don't understand why someone would do fast food. You can do retail instead and half half the work, twice the respect, twice the advancement opportunity, and if you find the right ones better starting hourly pay. Fast food wouldn't be worth it to me unless if it paid like 15 an hour starting (which it never will, economics), and this doesn't mean hiking minimum wage which doesn't help anyone.

If you're doing fast food, get out. That's as dead end a job as you can possibly find. For entry level unskilled jobs you should do retail instead.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Just recently, it was home coming night in three towns, which means football in three towns. So, putting two and two together, basically, we were busy all night. And then this one bitch has to get her little girl a cheeseburger, but has to go to a movie somewhere else, obviously, our backed up, understaffed store can't keep up. So, suprise suprise, crying mother whining over missing a movie. She gets a fucking free-meal card. I'm honestly thinking: You saw the line, and you knew about the thing, it's your own damn fault. I'm sure there is a McDonalds where-ever you may be going, and we aren't going anywhere. Honestly, a lot of the people that get meal cards don't deserve them, OH NO, I WAITED 25.6 SECONDS TOO LONG, I AM GONNA BE LATE. I'm pretty sure nobody cares if you're off by about 5 minutes, especially in this town.

One of our ex-crew trainers is quite possibly retarded. He won't do anything productive, and when he is, he's not exactly friendly to be around. I personally wonder why he has a job.

This other bitch in the morning takes half hour smoke breaks.

And finally, last night I didn't get home until 5 AM on a midnight close. Fuck that shit.

The pay isn't horrible, being 10.25 an hour for closing crew, but it often feels like I could be doing better. But hey, I own my own car and can technically live off my job, but I have extra cash because I'm with my parents right now. Probably better off than a good section of 20 year olds in the US.

Damn, it feels good to vent about work.

I have no idea, in the state of Nebraska, we can't hire 15 year olds, outside of farm jobs.

snowconefag here, depending on where/when, sometimes many of the customers are kids/teens who dont tip, which i dont blame them i rmeber being that age, but the sexy girls make it worth it

I literally asked my boss at McDs (OP) "Did you ever see yourself saying 'You want fries with that?' At your age?" And I thought she was at least 25 the way she acts. She's god damn 20. I thought she was fucking older than ME!

She said "Honestly, no but it pays right now and I don't have a choice" I'm here as long as I need to until I get my next inheritance and I can play the stocks.

OMG THIS WAS LITERALLY MY NIGHT TOO! If you're in GA OMG that would be fantastic even more.

There is a McDs EVERY. GOD. DAMN. MILE. AROUND. THE. FUCKING. CORNER! IF you are that fucking stupid to realize this... "Please remember to spade and or neuter your pets!"

fug...

"Show me them tits girl"
"I'm 14"
"OK, not like you don't wanna show them off anyways."
She looks down at the shirt she's wearing, it's pure clevage and show most everything but her fucking nipples. "OOPS!" she says accidentally slipping her tits out.

Your English is terrible and as a result I am not going to read your babble.

How is it that everyone else had no problem? No, it's your comprehension level that is the issue.

please point out what my mistakes were.

I'll tell you what a customer told me once: Fast food is the job you have while looking for another job.

I usually ask that at my job, but that's because I usually don't trust the person bagging food.

I LOVE how all the teenagers claim they have lives outside of work, then expect everyone else to do it. We actually fired a couple for doing that way too often, but the biggest reason is we caught them handing out free food. Oh gee son, it's not like I have things I was supposed to go do either, nevermind that school event I have to go do, nor that other shit that needs doing. Your time is faaar more important than anything I could be doing.

>inability to advance into anything meaningful
Fastfood in a nutshell

ex-starbucks employee fag here
> the secret menue is whatever the fuck weird coffee concoction i feel like making that day

youd be surprised, well probably not, at some of the stuff girls wear in public. just yesterday there was a group of 5 girls who were probably 11yo, they were all wearing yoga pants with nothing underneath, might as well have been nude

>handing out free food
Shit, McDs hands out so much free shit, my managers, the cool ones, don't give a fuck. We waste more food than we do serving it. At the end of the day, we trash at least something around 50 paddies, at least 3 bags of fries, and ditch around 6+ gallons of coke products and not to mention the cups.

LOL

if you got to see a pussy line, you're fucking lucky.

we have hermits on bikes in australia, called deliveroo's. Also seen one with a massive backpack running across the street.

Well it's not only things outside of work, it's also people who complain they're only getting 20 hours a week... okay well here's your chance to pick up an extra hour or two. Oh... not tonight? I'm sure you won't answer your phone when I call you two days from now because someone called in either. But you need more hours, right? Don't worry, I'll pick up the shift and take the overtime. May kill my social life, but now you know why I have nice things and your hours are being cut. Probably not though.

I understand not trusting the person bagging the food, but my stance is don't trust anyone but yourself. I've had so many cases where drivers will ask "are the wings in the bag?" Someone else will say yes and they just take their word for it. 20 minutes later I hear "I need a manager on line one" and it's a pissed off customer because guess what? The wings weren't in the bag.

could see all of their entire pussies pretty much, even from behind, couple even had little wet spots

I hear you. We have some cool managers too. Though we don't waste coke product because we got those fucking syrup baggies. But recently the place has fallen downhill. I'm half tempted to share some of my discoveries with you, but I don't wanna get my phone on Cred Forums. Long Story Short: It's a trashy place. Cardboard boxes piled in the trash corral here. Reverse vacumn on the soda bags, causing them to look like they might explode, and an owner operater who literally just went "Oh, let's just buy another one" when a $5,000 piece of equipment caught fire. I'm thinking "How much do you make in order to just say that, you stupid fuck."

At Pizza Hut if we have mess up orders we either deliver them to businesses close by with coupons (raise them sales) or just let the employees feed. I try my best not to just give customers free food. We have a credit system if we do so it doesn't cut into food cost. Speaking of, I wonder how McDans and Pizza Hut differ in areas like food cost and such. Seems like that much waste would be a huge cut into it. We can't be more than like $500 over or underused or it's baaaad.

Oh, I know the feeling. I work my nights, so suprise suprise, my hours don't get cut because we can't afford to go without me some nights, but then morning people bitch about cut hours and I'm thinking: "Come to night, we could use you." Never happened. Funny thing is, if I could slow time down, I could actually cover the entire store, save management, because why put someone who can actually do things there when you can have me train the fucking managers how to do crew things.

That was confusing or maybe I'm just tired. Are you implying management doesn't do crew things?

A lot of them don't seem to here, at least at start. I was saying that we've had managers that needed taught how to make sandwiches and how to work the cash register.

as I told my friend,"it's ok to be a pedo, think of it like wanting to steal art but knowing the punishment is greater than doing" so basically you're in a museum

I worked at this same McDs 3 years ago. Downside was I got fired cause the main manager was a dickweed, he left. so whatever

I live on a road with about 60+ biz literally in walking distance. So they aren't losing shit when we are on a main road.

I'm a roofer. I get paid $10 an hour to carry 75lbs slabs of shingles up ladders all day and then sit in the hot weather and staple them to roofs.Sometimes dry rot repair and insulation installment.

Even worse, my stepmothers abusive ex-husband is my boss. I work from around 5am to about 3pm.

Work is erratic and its hard to pay for bills as we look for jobs.

I've been looking everywhere for a new job but literally no one is hiring.

Nope, the manager at mine three years ago was a girl, but the one that replaced her was a bitch, and she got fired after reaming two employees for no reason.

Wow, that is incredibly sad. I'm never not doing something. My old area manager would used to tell me "you need to delegate more". I don't have a problem delegating tasks, but at the same time if I give out all the jobs I feel useless. I'd rather send someone home, save the labor, and be worth a shit.

Oh shit, in reply to

I work at a PR company.

Never believe anything a corporation tells you. People are paid shitloads of money to read literally everything on the internet that's said about the brand they're working for. Then they figure out some way to spin their situation so that they can try to come out looking good/honest/whatever. It's total bullshit. Any time you think a rich guy seems a certain way, it's probably because he paid someone a lot of money to help him seem that way.

That aside, it's a pretty fun job. I do my work and people are pretty cool. We're all just doing our part to make the world a less honest place :) ignorance is bliss, forgetfulness just as good.

>literally no one!
Yeah! Welcome to god damn GA!
I've been out looking for ANYTHING here but no one will hire me or give me some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm 24 (OP) and I cannot land a job. I am the cleanest fuck in this fucking town prolly. I don't do any type of drugs! I don't even fucking drink. I don't have a record. I live with my mom. I'd love to have a better job.

Don't try places like Kroger or Publix (if you have it). They hire retards basically. Any one with a serious disorder. and when I asked why, they told me that I was being argumentative and my question was "inappropriate." This bitch thinks I was arguing when all I did was ask a question to something. I'm not shopping there any more.

I take it you're not in GA then.

lol

I like to give vague orders then have you losers deliver it and complain 20 minutes later that you guys fucked it up somehow. Free pizza, motherfucker.

You shouldn't be doing fast food unless you're a felon. That's a job so remedial it's made for simpleton high school drop outs who couldn't pass "Math 2" or felons who got busted for such nasty shit no one else will employ them.

Fast food is actually a black mark on a resume. Something employers will look at and hold it against you if you did it for any length of time. Looks like you have poor motivation to do much with yourself and makes you seem like a simpleton who can't understand work more complex.

Retail looks good and virtually everything else, but you're actually doing your future a DISservice by working fast food.

Nope. I'm in rural Nebraska.

Yeah I know it too. I am a drop out witch sucks for the most part. Not cause I couldn't pass but cause I couldn't finish due to moving so much and being homeless. It sucked.

But I'm going to try and find something else asap or fuck it and make my own biz out of something

ah well.

I can somewhat agree, most of my co-workers are on probation. I'm in it for college money.

Work at a hospital as a room service guy. I take orders from customers or bring treys to customers. Can be shitty some days but it's pretty easy for the most part. The worst part about it is you see some shit man. From naked old ladies to men jerking off. But hey I'm only 19 and the job pays $12.50/hr so I'm happy.

Patients I should say not customers*

>I'm 24 (OP) and I cannot land a job.

Let me guess, you've been "looking" for several years now. Employers are highly suspicious of someone who's been unemployed for long stretches of time or someone who's worked at many different places for just a month or two....

and as far as restaurants/retail/fast food hiring the disabled...

They can write it off at tax time. So any money spent on a "handicapped" persons paycheck is reimbursed at tax time (I think they get reimbursed 100% of handicapped wages at most retail places). So as long as they're getting some work out of them (which it inevitably won't be much), they're coming out ahead for it.

Also it looks "community friendly" for them to hire retards, cripples, and senile old folks...

>Looking for a job
Like I said, I don't do ANYTHING bad at all. So what fucking gives? I can't even get a fucking interview.

>tax write off
This seems pretty fucking low to do. "Hey I'm going to use you on taxes! You're not important at all to me!"

They make social programs for the misfortunate.

You can fix a shitty start to life.

First GET YOUR GED. Without a high school ed or GED you aren't gonna be seriously considered for anything, not even fast food management. GEDs look just as good as a high school diploma these days and it should be fine.

Also, you tell that homeless story to the right people/organizations I guaran-fucking-tee you'd get grants and scholarships to fully pay for your college, assuming you want to go.

But whatever you do, GET OUT OF FAST FOOD. Do retail, or a regular restaurant, or a butcher shop, a machine shop, a welding place.... jobs were you can start out as a entry level monkey and work yourself into skills and good pay.

Your family is going places. Is your Dad the Burger King

OP here, thanks guys, I'll come back on later some time today maybe tomorrow with a screen cap of this thread and show the results if any one missed it but I can't stay awake.
Later

no he works at a bowling alley. He retrieves the balls when they get stuck...

loving the stories, keep 'em coming you magnificents bastards.

bumps

State of Kansas 15 year olds can work. But during school year it's only from 4-6:55. Not worth it. Don't remember summer hours.

I am a physician at a hospital in germany. I know, reactions be like "wow, you are a doctor!". But let me tell you something, it aint worth shit. Patients and especially their families bitch at me all the time for not doing enough, not helping or not being around all the time. Bitch, I got like 20 patients a day minimum, if I spend my whole fucking time talking to family and friends there is no time left for the fucking treatment! Plus, I cant magically undo 40 years of being fat, lazy and basically living a lifestyle that destroys you.
You almost never get a thank you or anything rewarding. Even if you bring patients back from death's door and make them leave the hospital on their own foots, they still bitch a you that you did not make their stool smooth enough. I had people call my attending because I released their 90 year old parents from the hospital the day before but "they are still not able to care from themselves". MOTHERFUCKER, they are fuckin 90 years old, help you parents who had the courtesy to give birth to your worthless ass out a little or send them to a fuckin nursery home for all I fuckin care.

In the end, its nothing like in the movie and you almost never get any reward for working 70 hours a week. Still, I fucking love the possibilities modern medicine gives you and the adrenaline every day. 9/10, would go to med school again.

i feel you, bro

they have 11 managers because its cheaper to pay part time then full time, and they can get away with it because literal children can manage a macdonalds.

the reality is, if your not managing macdonalds yourself, part of those 11, then your lower then what can easily be handled by 11 different fuck wits part time.

>they dont know how to run a business
they make 25 billion a year. you dont even make 25 bucks an hour

You're going to get mad at me cause your burger has pickles? Or that your cookie is stale. NIGGER, YOU CAME TO MCFUCKINGDONALDS GET OVER IT.

your telling me your only job is to microwave food, or slap 4 ingrediants together, and your unable to even figure out how to take off the pickles?

and people paying you money to do this simple, singular job you cannot accomplish, THEY are the assholes?

Haha good luck with me faggot. I'm not retarded and usually don't put up with customers who lie.
Also depends on how you go about it.

i want to go to med school

is it really that hard though everybody makes it seem like its easier to become an astronaut or the fucking president than it is to go to medical school

If they asked for no pickles then you should pay attention to detail and not put pickles on the burger. Why are you serving stale cookies? Ever heard of shelf life? McDonalds or not, there's still a thing called quality control you asshat.

Feel ya man. Got a lot of doctor friends.

Job: Biomedical Researcher

What it's like/what I wanna say:
Get to work in a place that's away from the public, so that's nice. We have meetings once a week, but it's useless since we only have 4 people working on our project and we talk daily. It's a lot of hurry up and wait shit, so I get to do fuck all for most of the day. My boss is a complete fucking retard, incompetent, and a power hungry cunt. He can't even use google correctly. My supervisor is always busy for some reason, so I have to wait like a week for her to get back with me on anything. We have to publish shit-ass papers all the time in order to get funding, so most of the papers on the internet are bullshit. Our department tried replicating multiple studies and couldn't. Go figure.

It's not too bad overall. I'm on the path to furthering my education, but I'd rather not considering I get paid more now than I would if I was a PhD. Also, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if cancer isn't cured for 100 years considering the progress we're making.

I am a janitor at a nuclear power plant. Make 13 an hour. That should tell you how shitty my job is.

it sorta is. as an astronaut you have a 24/7 command room of the hardest of the hardcore scientists, mathematicians and physicists crunching the numbers and logic of each and every possible issue you could ever conceive of. your balls itch? entire medical team on standby, gets brought together on a moments notice to figure out every and each possible cause. fuel a bit low? nigga, the people with slide rulers and calculators already half way through the question you haven't even finished asking? they dont have blood in their veins, its pure gasoline. you have the slightest confusion on an issue? command center has a 862 step by step checklist already prepped to solve your problem. the only REAL qualifications a astronaut needs is balls of steel/ability to stay calm under pressue and the ability to understand and follow verbal commands.

President? same fucking thing. the president has not just entire boardrooms of advisors and people who ACTUALLY know their shit about any question he has, hes got an ENTIRE goverment backing his shit up. you think the president ACTUALLY knows what the fuel prices enconomy situation is actually like, or do you think he asks the 495 different advisors whose entire job is to know everything there is to fucking know about fuel?

doctor? its kinda just you, and if you fuck up, and someone dies...its on...you. there is no 495 advisors you can say gave you bad information, and there is no command center with steely eyed missile men to blame. you cut the vein, you caused the patient to bleed out. you take the hit.

Wow, fuck.
Modern German hospitals seem like the DMV. But I guess a society gets that from fostering an unhealthy lifestyle and not having enough people who help them.

Thanks for being awesome.

uh, that was the point of my post. the first sentence is supposed to be a quote.

but i can fuck up because im not getting paid to post here

haha, i feel you too, I can absolutely relate

If you're pissed, quit.

Food jobs in general are absolute ass. There is NO reason to keep working at fast food aside from the fact that YOU hold YOU back. Aspire for a better job and never have to deal with assholes who enjoy treating you like shit because of your job.

I work at a local TV station. There are 5 departments where I work
>News
>Sales
>Engineering
>Master Control/Traffic
>Production

I work in MC and production. Production is kind of boring. I get there an hour before the 5pm news, set up the studio (lights, monitors, cameras, clean the desk, etc.) It's a decent job. I basically do the grunt work of the news world behind the scenes. It's kinda nice because I don't have to deal with customers or anything, which is great because I'm introverted as fuck.
Master control is a bit different. I sit and monitor 3 different stations to make sure everything goes over the air just fine, and if it doesn't, I need to fix that shit immediately or write it up in a report that goes to the GM and Sales. I also need to check messages from ABC in case they decide to do a special report or something, which sometimes fucks with local programming. I normally only do MC on Sunday mornings and deal with the local church programs and shit, and I'm essentially on my own because I'm the only one in the building in the early hours of the morning going into the early afternoon. And unlike production, I sometimes have to deal with phone calls from clients and viewers for a variety of different things.
I remember one morning, nobody notified me that there was a change up in programming. We had to move one local church's service broadcast to a different station so ABC could air the Indy 500 during the same time slot, and there wasn't a single email, text, phone call, post-it note message, word of mouth, or anything regarding this. Not even a little message was set up to put on-air to notify viewers that the church service was being aired on another station. So that day, I got a myriad of angry phone calls from viewers and the church asking where the fuck the church service was, and I had to explain over the phone that it was elsewhere and got called a retard multiple times by viewers.

Oh well without anything indicating it's a quote, kind of makes it super confusing. Especially when you're as pathetic and tired as I am... on Cred Forums at 0530

Read that again, makes sense now

yeah, my bad. but its Cred Forums and we have a status quo so FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG MORON RAH RAH RAH RAH RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

I work at dollar general and there's so many things wrong with it I don't have time in my entire life to write it down. Need the job til I find another job though.

I can only talk about the situation in germany, right here, med school is time consuming, but not that hard. You have to sit 5 years on your ass learning from books and wondering what the fuck you are doing before you see your first patient. But its absolutely manageable if you want too and - opposed to a lot of other countries - it's free.

You rather should consider if you really really want to be a doc, there are a lot of other awesome jobs that cost less time, pay more and are a lot less frustrating. Mainly, you go insane or quit after 6 month if you don't really want to do it.

And all the science I don't understand. It's just my job 5 days a week.

a-Rocket maaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

I work as a service advisor for subaru,

IM HAVING BLUE TOOTH ISSUES WITH MY 2013 FORESTER, IT KEEPS CUTTING OUT AND IM TIRED OF IT.

bitch, subaru radios fucking suck wtf did you think was going to happen?

I BOUGHT THE CAR FOR THE RADIO!

nobody buys a car just for the radio... thats straight bullshit. there are wayy more bullshit things that people say too lol.

lmk if u want more

pic related : i also drive a subaru

Did you get a discount for it? How much was it?

I too work at a local TV station, news and production.
I get the script for the news or the commercial, I need to record the voice actor reading the script, correct his/ her mistakes, tweak the audio so that it is suitable, get the footage and use that with the audio recording to create the news piece.For the production...well it follows kind of the same road.

It's a nice job, but it sucks when important news coming in right before the 6pm news, and you have to work fast as fuck to get them ready.Oh and everybody has a favorite piece and sometimes one or two must be dropped in favor of other news and it's fuckin' chaos because you drop the one that you're working on, move to the next, and you still get to be interrogated on the reasons why you did it.

Hey guy it'll be ok

>So I work at Walmart. I work on the truck team. We unload the trucks, we sort out all the freight, we pull it all out to the sales floor, we stock half of the store, we do various backroom work pulling merchandise out of the backroom, and we occasionally gather up shopping carts from the parking lot. Plus we do whatever the hell else management decides to foist upon us. I've carved out a niche for myself in this whole process; each truck comes with a bunch of big cardboard boxes full of mixed up shit, and we have a station full of gray plastic totes where some poor soul gets to sort them all out. I am that poor soul and I am the fucking Aaron Rodgers of that shit. I know what I'm doing back there, I'm focused and disciplined, I get my work done, and as a result I am one of those valuable employees who's never allowed to call out or take a day off. We all make forty cents above minimum wage, except for the guys who have been with the company a long time and managed to get yearly raises. I got a raise in July, but that was because the great state of California raised minimum wage, not because I work in a place that rewards hard work.

>Everything bad you hear about this company is true. It's a soul-crushing place to work, where there aren't enough of you to get all the shit your unfeeling overbearing micromanaging bosses want done, and since there's nothing they can do about it, they just settle for saddling you with stress and squeezing every drop of productivity out of you until you are nothing but a withered husk with nothing to show for it. I've noticed that the people who have been with Walmart the longest all seem to walk with a pronounced limp, which is really just emblematic of how this company operates. It all flows from chronic, systemic understaffing. There are not enough people to cover all the departments of the store, to keep the shelves reasonably organized, to keep the store clean, to work all the freight that comes off the truck, to put away all the overstock, and to deal with the constant ceaseless unrelenting grip of customers. I try to pace myself, I try to keep a reasonable perspective about how much I can get done, I do my level best to give no fucks about what goes on inside those walls, and yet I still come home worn down and stressed out.

>I work on the second shift, from 4 P.M. to 1 A.M., 40 hours a week, and the store manager's intention is that the unloader crew's hours are not supposed to change. It sounds like a good deal in a company where lots of other people have to feed their kids on like 16 hours a week, but even that gets ruined. Management is constantly fucking around with our hours, scheduling us to leave early and then coming by, begging us to stay, and getting all pissy if we don't. They are constantly coming up with new rules, changing their minds on established policies, and generally laying traps for us. There is no doing anything right in Walmart. I was never trained to do my job, I just sort of picked it all up as I went, which means if there are rules I'm supposed to be following, I only find out about them when I break them. They claim that all this information is available on the company intranet, but you're only allowed to access the company intranet on the clock -- and when you're on the clock, there is always something a manager will have for you to do that's "more important" than whatever you were gonna do on the company intranet. There is no training, there is no hope for training, you just get thrown straight to the wolves and berated for getting bitten. As a result, we can't keep almost any of the new hires we make.

>The store manager appears to like us, but he's not around very often. In the meantime, that seems to have engendered extra resentment and scrutiny from the rest of the store. It means we get nasty looks and comments from the rest of the store, particularly the overnighters. The overnighters used to handle stocking for the entire store; now they only do half of it, and as a result there are only half as many, and they appear to hate us for having taken their jobs. That resentment means we have managers actively hindering our work, refusing to allow us to use tools everyone else gets to use, making up new rules for us and only us, scrutinizing us to the detriment of their own crews. We have a fairly efficient and functional backroom process, so that means we have managers looking to climb up the ladder by getting their fingerprints all over our backroom and claiming credit for what we do. Our current shift manager is particularly bad about this; she really had nothing substantial to change when she got back here, so instead she harps on meaningless minutiae and generally micromanages everything.

>We have too many goddamned managers. I have eight different bosses, Bob! Eight! That means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. Actually, I have eight different levels of bosses. I am indirectly responsible for the rise of two of them. My first boss here was sexually harassing one of the truck team, so I reported him to the mothership back in Arkansas. They got rid of him. We thus commenced two months of a parade of managers trying to come into the backroom and run things their way, and inevitably failing. Eventually they made two of us into hourly supervisors, which seems to entail a minor raise and getting generally completely constantly abused by upper management. I was offered one of those positions and declined it, because I don't really want my family history of stroke to catch up with me on the floor of a fucking Walmart backroom, and yet I know that's exactly what they would've done to me. The two guys who wound up getting promoted have turned out to be power-hungry assholes and dipshits that have only sort of been recently restrained. And even then, the whole chain of command is usually circumvented at the whims of various salaried managers who wind up short-circuiting everything. Our current shift manager, the one with the least respect for this whole chain of command, is a failed store manager, and we can see why.

yeah normally for a limited sti (leather, sunroof blah blah blah) its around 45k in nj, with my discount it was 37k after tax 41k.

another story:
>I WAS BACKING OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY WITH MY 2014 STI AND THE MOTOR STARTED MAKING A KNOCKING NOISE SO I SHUT IT OFF AND GOT IT TOWED HERE. ITS STOCK AND I DONT BEAT ON IT !!!!

thats bullshit right off the bat. every fucking wrx or sti owner has beaten on there car. yeah the motors are notorious for blowing up but you gotta be smart about how you modify things. after looking at his car i was able to tell it WAS modified and it actually voided the warranty. smart fuck tho, he took all the aftermarket shit off and returned it to stock, the dead giveaway was 2 things. A ton of clips missing and i was able to see his ignition count.

An ignition count is how many times the car was turned on and off. his car had close to 25,000 miles and only had 7 ignition counts. which obviously doesnt make sence at all. Also for all you stupid asses who think dealers cant tell if you flash your computer, they can lol. Im not trying to talk down on people in the car scene because i was also before i was a service manager, but what im trying to say is that dealers arent stupid lol.

but if you cry to subaru they will bend over for you i promise, there good whores and will get fucked in the ass to make a customer happy.

dont need science shit nigga. you play videogames? play one you know a lot in a different language. listen to music you know in a different language. you KNOW that the enemy is yelling grenade, or take cover, or when the cutscene plays you KNOW what they are saying, but now your hearing it in a different language. do this for about 600 hours and youll be on your way to half knowing a secondary language. bam, your now valuable as a possible translator, have a new range of jobs you can apply for ( the same shit but more places ) and all you did was play vidya, and watch movies you liked in a different language.

get to it nigga

I tried getting a job in the news department as a photographer/editor, but they gave the position to someone else. Working MC and production together is a fucking nightmare if you enjoy sleep. I remember working 4 entire days here without sleep because everyone requested time off all at the same time and I was the only one available to cover those shifts.

>The one motivation I thought I had for doing my job well was to never be the guy who's leaving a bunch of shit for someone else to do that I should've gotten done myself. But any work I don't get done would fall to the overnighters, who hate me, because I'm an unloader who helped steal their jobs. The overnighters, despite having been whittled down, are still clearly favored over my crew. As a result, my crew isn't really treated like it's part of the rest of the store's crew. Management doesn't tell us about store-wide initiatives or rules (unless we've already broken them, that is), they don't tell us about things like open enrollment for Medicare last year, they don't tell us about resources we might use or need as employees, they don't really let us in on whatever employee appreciation measures the store takes ... we just kinda exist outside the universe of the people they consider to be their employees. As a result of all that it feels like there are two sets of rules, one for my crew and the other for the rest of the store. It's as if we're independent contractors or vendors who just come in and run the backroom and go home. Yet we're so essential to the way my store operates that things would fall apart if even one of the competent ones left. We are responsible for every single truck, including the ones that go to departments whose associates get paid more than us, as well as stocking half of the store. And so when we have the store manager telling us we kick ass and he'd put us up against any truck team in the market, I have to wonder why the hell we get treated like the problem team. And as a result of all that, it's hard to find the motivation to do much of anything around there.

Quit and find a better job. Go to school, do something else besides wallow in your fake misery and self pity.

Not trying to be condescending but if you hate it, then quit.

>One source of motivation might be my coworkers on the truck team, but LOL, no. Favoritism extends there as well; there are at least three guys who can get away with just being completely worthless jackoffs who wander around the store socializing with other employees instead of working, who don't do shit right when they do work, and who call out whenever the fuck they feel like it, and no one says anything about it. Corporate policy allows you to call out three times in a rolling six month period, and I've used all mine up. So while those useless jackoffs can call out as much as they like, I don't get to, because I am one of the best employees on the truck team and therefore I am too useful to be allowed to have privileges or leeway on anything. And as for the rest of the truck team, well, most of 'em are pretty dumb. One of them is basically the answer to the question "what if Richard Sherman was Mexican and good at Halo instead of football but thought being good at Halo was as prestigious as being good at football and also worked at Walmart, I guess?" I've gotten very tired of his racist sense of humor and general mouthy, bullying antics, but he seems to treat this place like prison, including the prison-gang mentality, and I know if I ever did anything he considered a betrayal, he'd find some way to retaliate over it. He seems to have some measure of genuine respect for me, which confuses the hell out of me, so all I can really do is just endure him for the time being. So those are the people who would stand to benefit from all my hard work, and as a result it's hard to find any motivation to do anything at all.

That, and that's a ton of wear and tear on a vehicle.

>So I hate this job. With any luck, I'll be able to quit this job in about a month, but I've said that before and seen my plans fall through and wind up stuck here anyway. In the meantime I just hate all of this. I hate what this job has done to my body, I hate what it's done to my mentality, I hate contributing to such a vile company, I hate the thought that slaving away and breaking my back only serves to enrich the Walton family and a bunch of parasites on Wall Street and achieves absolutely nothing else, I hate that I break my back and slave away for ungrateful people who are out to undermine me, and I hate myself for putting myself in a position where I'd have to work here.

>TL;DR: My job sucks and I suck and everything sucks.

I was quoting Rocket Man by Elton John.. lol

thank god. I didn't want to read how much your life sucks

Work at wholefoods in extremely white neighborhood...anyone want any stories?

I'm a railroad conductor. love my job. make around 80-100k canadian rupees a year. i miss out on a lot of birthdays/holidays and parties because i work on call, but the money/benefits/pension makes up for it. CHOO CHOO

>Did your starbucks get the Butter beer?

EX

CUSE

ME

STARBUCKS ARE SELLING FUCKING BUTTERBEER?

WHERE

HOW

WHEN

Instacart?

huh, i knew the second sentence was, but didnt connect that the first one was. welp

ANYWAYS POINT STILL STANDS

>work at a&w
>haven't had a manager for like 7 months
>second oldest employee there seniority-wise and I haven't even been there a year
>4 middle eastern sisters who haven't even been in the country a year basically came into the store and took the entire thing over by sucking a lot of ass and building each other up.
>3/4 are fucking devilcunts and have made all of the good staff that had been there for multiple years quit
>management doesn't care
>management acts like they're perfect angels who could do no wrong, even though they do fucking everything wrong
>serve fries that have been sitting there for an hour
>serve burgers that have been in the chute for 30 minutes
>sneeze or cough while making food and continue making it
>jump into the kitchen on the line after handling cash without washing their hands
>straight up refuse orders after certain times if they "don't feel like taking anymore orders" even if it's before closing

And that's just the beginning of their bullshit.

Already posted here. Was biomedical researcher user

Yes, there are times when they work your ass to the bone... but you do what you have to do.And sometimes you get a production project where you as the editor have a lot of resources and you can take your time to really enjoy the process and be proud of the end result. As for the lack of sleep... well you get used to it, or you're out.

I work as a back office admin for a pensions company.

The work is boring but easy, pay is only £19k/year but the benefits are ridiculous because the company is part of a banking group. I get a stupid deal on a mortgage which is why I have my own place now, as well as a great pension (the company contributes double the percentage of my salary that I contribute).

The hours are even a little flexible, (basically I can start anywhere from 8-10am and finish between 4 and 5:30) so I don't have to worry much about waking up "on time".

It almost makes up for how shitty the rest of my life is.

you an mvp bro, keep up the good work you fabulous fag.

I used to work in the food service industry and one of my supervisors refused to make chicken tendies cuz it was too much work to put it in the deep firer. ahhahahahahahaha

I didn't give a shit for a while cuz it was funny, but I got pissed at him for yelling at me for some trivial shit, so I ratted on him :^)

>truck driver
People treat us like we are rapist, criminals or retards. People bitch about us but don't understand without us the country stops moving. Even without having a hazmat endorsement still highly regulated by government. East coast drivers have no idea what a blinker is. Fuck new York, Georgia, Michigan and California. Work a minimum 80 hours a week and still get treated like shit from companies. For most people a CDL will end up costing 3k if you get it through a company or 6k if you get it through a school. First year pay is shit. Driving more miles in one month than most people will drive in a year.

But for all that's wrong with the industry and even though most four wheelers drive like retards I love the job. I never deal with co workers or a boss I get my dispatch and I drive. I get to be a complete asshole to customers that piss me off and the pay once you have experience increases greatly

bro can ask the question that's probably been asked a billion times.... how in the ever loving fuck do you guys deal with the fatigue. i drive a delivery van for like 3-4hrs a day and i'm fucking wrecked mentally and need a nap haha.

After you get your CDL and during your training with another driver you just push yourself. About every 2 hours stop get out and walk a little it helps a lot but after a while most people can do 8 hours straight without issue. But it's always a good idea to stop every so often and get the blood flowing

Freelance concept art and illustrator here.

I'm good and popular enough to get the jobs I want for good pay, yet I'm still unhappy. I spend months completely alone and aside from going to the gym I don't get to be around irl people, ever. If I want to get to the level I want to be, I needed to sacrifice ideas like having a family, friends, or getting to travel more. I did get to travel more at first, you'd think it would feel you with inspiration but when you get back but it's really hard to get the ball rolling again when you stop. That's not good if you have to spend the next 4 months working 15 hours a day because you're not good enough to work fast.

The two things that keep me going are the fact that if I look at a Belyukin or a Bouguereau painting, I fall in fucking love over and over again and the best feeling in the world is to see great improvement.

Working in fast food sucks donkey dongs

Did it in my early 20's, never again

Shit pay
Not enough hours
Hard work
Stress
Asshole customers and workmates

Now run my own ebay business from home, making about 70k from hustling

Never going back to wage slavery

fleet maintenanc mechanic
maintain 30 trucks for the company with one other guy
all the drivers manage to fuck something up and not say a word to us
boss refueses to give more money for repairs
the office is packed with ladies that are fucking catty as hell
then they turn horny af when visiting us in the shop
spent some money out of my pocket to get schemeatics
pay is poor on my end, 20/hr for a 1099 without any benifits.
>time for a new company.

I work for myself, self employed web developer. I own 50% in a networking company that I program for. I am making way above the median wage, I work 1-2 hours a day at most. Opinions?

well done sir

Work as a dishwasher at a casino over all not a bad job. Never have to deal with customers and pretty decent pay. Decent people there except for a couple of jackoffs and one huge bitch overall not a bad thing once you get over the fact that your washing dishes for a living.

Be driver
Call break down
No answer...
EVER!
Leave detailed message
Get to shop
"Why didn't you call this in?"
Hewentfullretard.exe
Truck companies need to stop buying frieghtshakers even the cascadias are shit that shake themselves apart and Everytime it rains the interior leaks
But let's blame it on the drivers

we have the volvos with ishits, we've done 16 tranny repairs this year.

Never gotten a free meal card. They don't have them where we live Nd fucking trust me we've tried to get one after 3cars in the drive through had to wait 45 FUCKING MINUTES for a few burgers and no they weren't not orders. Mine was "one cheeseburger no pickles" and I got a fucking fish sandwich (fine garbage food is all garbage anyway.)
>Sandwich is just fish and bread no cheese or lettuce

"JESUS FUCKING SHITBALLS THESE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED"

Still didn't get any free food thet told me that's what I ordered. So i went to burger king across the street and THEY gave me somefree fries (think the guy was gay and hitting on me I was flattered). Now I go to burger king.

Your company hires Russians and Pakis then?

Go for it

close, bulgarians, hindus, and african americans.

>then they turn horny af when visiting us in the shop

Boned any of them?

noice

ever thought about scaling up your business, investing the proceeds and retiring completely?

thanks

The worst job I ever worked was a place which sold pies, fries, etc

It was space themed

All the employees had to wear outfits like Star Trek

Black tight pants, coloured top and a black sash

I had to wear the same except my top was red because I was the manager, I looked like Captain Picard on bad acid

no fucking interest, i have my wife who does all the things i want.

I always hear people saying how hard x or y is (like physics, etc) and I realised in high school that as long as you show up for class and actually do the work it really isn't all that hard...

people keep saying the same about med school like "omg its impossible soooo complicated so much work" etc and I'm just wondering if its really that difficult or if you just show up and do the work and manage your time right its fine

Maybe you should try something other than working at McDonald's, you fucking loser

Im sorry

All those spoiled americunts complaining about their 1st world problems is so pathetic. Ooooh, I get treated like shit for dropping a burger bun on the floor, waaah, my boss is an asshole who knows nothing yet somehow make 5 times more money, uuuuuuh, I can't even afford a second car while being a filthy nigger who dont even deserve to have one.

Stfu and kill yourselves you whiny cunts. You are the reason why most businesses are shit. Because they hire pathetic depressed faggots who hate their jobs and don't even bother about the quality.

It's not incomprehensible but it is clearly written by someone with little capacity for skilled prose - someone who talks with stupid people and absorbs their mannerisms more than they write.

In other words, you are the normie redditor dipshit who is an invasive species to Cred Forums.

/thread

Mom works at Waffle House
user works at mcdons
> Lost cause/10

job: CAD designer/CNC programmer

my job is fucken awesome. no one in the building can do what i do.

i come and go as a please. make decent, not great, money. as long as my shit is done, my boss doesn't sweat me.

if i ever fuck up something, i just blame it on "bad G code" nobody knows what the fuck i'm talking about and they take it as gospel.

drive around houston TX through the nicer neighborhoods and most of the high end doors and windows are ones i've designed, programmed, and CNC'ed. :)

>spade and or neuter
>spade
Shovel doge?

Work in IT for german governement. Boring but decent money and good working conditions

>>You're going to get mad at me cause your burger has pickles? Or that your cookie is stale.
Those are legitimate reasons to file complaints dumbass

>I want to be a music game composer
You couldn't by chance share a link to some of your work, could you?

Pizza Hut assistant manager, you realise that the 401k etc you get paid is why you should do the extra hour vs the kid who is working there part time right? You sound proud of your job, a good manager understands this shit.

The amount of b/tards saying that fast food is one of the hardest jobs out there is disgusting - get a real job that actually uses your brain or maybe go work at an abattoir/clean out sewers. The reason that fast food sucks is because you get compensated so poorly for it. This is because literally anyone can do it.

Pizza Hut assistant manager, you realise that your 401k and thr salary you get paid is why you should do the extra hour vs the kid who is working there part time right? You sound proud of your job, a good manager understands this shit.