I havent had a smoke in almost 22 hours. The cravings have been coming and going in waves...

I havent had a smoke in almost 22 hours. The cravings have been coming and going in waves. It feels like someone is in my throat trying to claw out and Im a bit numb. Any of you guys ever quit cold turkey?

Other urls found in this thread:

erowid.org/chemicals/nicotine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

erowid.org/chemicals/nicotine/

knowledge is power

Good luck, tho.

You will never be the same, but that's the price to be paid for living nicotine-free.

It's a strange drug. Interesting plant.

vape for fix and slow it down over time

I found cold turkey to be a pointlessly harmful experience.

Slowly cut down my intake. Went from standard cigarettes to roll ups and after that smoked weed fairly regular.

Now I don't get cravings for any but will still have a cig or two when drinking. It' all about willpower and focusing on other things

Champ it out. It will be worth it.

Try going cold turkey from heroin pussy

I have been reading a lot more about it and the befefits of quitting. Its crazy how your body can heal itself. Im in a zombie like state right now but my will is strong. Ive smoked for 2 years.

Try going cold turkey from alprazolam, friendo.

I have weed, rum and beer at the house and Im wondering if I should just get high and drunk and sleep through these first couple of days. Sounds like a dumb idea really. I feel ok but the brain fog is making it hard to focus so sleeping through it sounds better.

I've been there too.

And here I am, smoking like a chimney.
>fffffffffft
>hoooooo
It's even better when it's subsidized loan cigs. Jokes aside, stay strong.

Would your kids be proud?

lol who gives a fuck, go for it.

Idk why I imagine you living in a castle, getting high and drunk while a storm passes over your lands.

Smoke before you drink, or you will black out. Monitor how much you drink as it is easy to go overboard when you are smoking.

Stay safe if you are going to do it

Haha. Nah man. I work as a nightshift security guard, have been for the past 3 years. At work right now actually. I live in an apartment right now, no castle.

Medfag here.

Go strong mate, benefits are huge, not only in the health sector, but you will feel better in general after a while.

Alsoyou safe a shitton of money.

Ive smoked and drank before back to back, its never been a big deal for me. I just wanted to know if its stupid to trick my body sorta by just getting my high a different way to breeze through the withdrawals? Should I just say fuck it and stay sober the entire time?

Stay sober

Thanks, I guess I am reaching out for any kind of pat on the back to keep going. Appreciate it.

I quit cold turkey around 6 months ago
>I were depressed as fuck always on edge threw up a lot
>felt like pure shit but now I'm fine
I had to quit drinking while I stopped smoking as the cravings trebled
It's worth it dude
If you are going to put your self through it ffs don't start again

Who gives a shit? Live your life how you want to smoke up cancer boi

Ive smoked for 2 years and Id smoke half a pack everyday. I do feel on edge and really foggy right now. My days off are coming up soon and itll be the real test cause right now Im at work and I have no choice in the matter. I was doing well earlier walking past the smokes everytime I went to the kitchen. Im throwing them away when I get home.

I am trying to live my life how I want to, free of this shit habit and early death.

Quitting right now, but cheating on a vape. It helps a ton. No more morning cough, but i still cough like mad coming out of the shower.

How ya feeling? How far in are you? Im on week 2 with one night as a relapse.

Smoked 4 packs a day for years. Had to use Wellbutrin to stop

How were your dreams?

Source: worked at a pharma company that sold it, heard insane stories about people killing their families, etc in their dreams

Dude, just don't go back to smoking. There is a good book about quiting smoking, "It's easy to quit smoking" by Alan Karr (or something like that, google it out). I'm 26 and I used to smoke 2 packs of day. A lot of money, a lot of stress and shit. Keep in mind that i was training aikido for 10 years and eventually had to stop because i choosed cigaretes over sports and martial arts. This shits you light up every day aint worth it. Read the book, there is a free version on net, i think there is also free one on scribd. Really helped, not only to me. You will need day or two to finish it, totally worth it. You just need to finish it reading, trust me.
All the best and good luck man.
P.S.
Sorry for bad english

The best way to quit is little by little. Every week, smoke a cigarette less than last week. And try to find different brands that have less nicotine. Worked for me.

read what that first dude posted.

you'll want them less and less. try not to drink or you may be like 'fuck it'.

for me, the first week was pretty bad. then, for about a month I wanted a cigarette when i was drunk.

after that first month or so id get a craving for like 3 minutes. they get briefer and less intense.

dont listen to the 'taper' people, this will just have you smoking on-and-off forever. just stick it out man, its not that bad. get some exercise, like go for 25 min walks. you'll be good in 2-3 weeks.

I smoked for thirteen years. There are two ways you can do it, and it really depends on your willpower and your mental durability. Method #1 (which is what I used) involves weaning yourself off using a crutch of some sort to replace it at first, something that is either relatively harmless/cheap or that will be an easier habit to kick. I would advise against drinking or smoking weed, as cigarettes always taste better in tandem with those. Vaping worked for me, I got to the point where I didn't even crave a cig for months, and you can start with a relatively high dosage of nicotine (20mg in my case) and step it down over time as the cravings get weaker. Eventually you'll be vaping 0mg and can either continue or just quit and find something else to occupy your time.

Of course I relapsed after a breakup, but that's because the relationship was the only reason I quit in the first place. YMMV.

Step #2 is considerably more difficult in my opinion. Cold turkey is doable, but takes a pretty heavy toll on you and your mind, as you no doubt are discovering. I recommend against this if you have moderate to severe anxiety or depression, it can lead to all sorts of bad things.

Hope that helps. Any other questions, feel free to ask.