What can you do as an architecture project with sustainable energy in mind?

what can you do as an architecture project with sustainable energy in mind?

I have this highschool project where I want to focus on architecture. I just want any ideas so I can make this project and pass. I want to focus on architecture. I just want any ideas so I can make this project and pass. its 70 % paper 30 % practical,

maybe create a model with fans and solar panels, tiny village?

+ how to present the project like a model or something

its 70 % paper 30 % practical,

I could do anything (no restrictions)

architecture major here

look into "passive houses"

tl;dr imagine a thermos with good ventilation and depending on the available resources self sufficient with heat and energy production

i won't say more than that as i'd rather have you do your own research fro your work

appriciate it man!

oh also if you're going to make a model i recommend using foam board.cheap, easy to cut, easy to connect ( if you cut in grooves for the corners etc ) not the bets to paint over but you can glue paper textures to it.

so present it through a miniture model of a passive house?

How about I write a paper on green energy implementation in every day houses and uses passive houses as a go-to solution?

You will design an earthship

they're not go-to solutions , as they are extremely pricey, insulation alone can range from 20-30cm excluding air pockets.

their positioning towards the sun is very important and often difficult to implement depending on land and local urbanistic laws

just to list a few.

but if I can tweak and adjust in the paper to have this as one of many solutions?

Recycle/filter grey/blackwater through house plants, use flat roof for runoff mitigation, capture rainwater for garden use, make separating recycling/trash/organics convenient, LED lighting, low carbon footprint materials. If you have to be told all this, you won't make a very good architect. You're supposed to be the fount of knowledge. But good luck!

Design a place where you can ferment poop into power. Also it has a grass roof for you goat poop army

look at projects from philippe rahm, designing sustainable architecture isn't just applying the newest energy saving technologies. Rather you should try to design something which takes heat flows, surroundings, sun orientation etc into consideration and look at a way that you can use these the most efficiently.

>capture rainwater for garden use

>make separating recycling/trash/organics convenient

I'll have this in mind thanks! Do you really need a lot of imagination to become a architect?

Passive solar, consider North Africa buildings, placed close together to create shade and cool spaces... hidden courtyards. Make stuff on a human scale, not more glass and steel bullshit. Rooftop gardens... build a cardboard model and use a flashlight to see how the changing light during a day changes things.

agricultral change for humans?

This would be good on the technology page.
If you have skylights or any Windows that require tinting, you can incorporate solar windows. Efficiency is a bit low due to the cell to glass ratio but a w/hr is still a w/hr. Also make sure to look into PV roof top arrays with solar thermal, this will help with some domestic water and/or hvac supplimentation. The joys of being in the industry

Depends on what kind of architect you want to become. But mind that your education will probably give you some more general solutions to current problems and will engage you more into the solutions of these problems. You cant be expected to know the solutions to problems even the best architects arent really able to handle to this day.

im at the last year of society course, which gives a lot of information on politics but this is something new for me

>Do you really need a lot of imagination to become a architect?

Yes and no. Mostly, people will have an idea of what they want. It's up to you to enable implementation. Also, although you can't possibly know everything that's out there and available for use, you should be able to research that on your own. Part of that process is networking (Cred Forums is not really the best place for that - grow out of it!), and a lot of it is knowing what to look for. For a college exercise, I'd expect you'd get huge points for proving the extent of your research into what could be done, not so much in knowing already. University is about learning. The finals are where you demonstrate what you know.

ahahah i wasnt planning to come to Cred Forums everytime I had a project, but it was just this time im lost

the use of industrial waste energy to power and residential areas.

the problem with it is that there would be no real profit for the companies yet they would have to finance the equipment to recycle the waste energy from their chimneys and such

I would love to to this but the thing is that my school says the people who are in the sciencedepartment can only be the ones doing such projects, and the societydepartment can only focus on society. I had to go through hell to make this a possibility