>Never once needed my knowledge on how native americans worked
>Never use science
What did you hate the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4gzfQ7NSs1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hated the non-stem shit
i learned how to read from my dad

Never learned about actual life. Learned a ton of shit I never use and I make a decent amount (90k a year and my 3 year working here)

The math was just pointless at the time cuz there werent any applications, but i'm gonna b an architect so i will need the math although i couldve learned it on my own easier

In addition to that you have to wait for the retards to learn it

School education is supposed to prepare you for STEM degrees later on, if you plan to take them. Maths is always useful, no matter what you plan on taking later on in life, especially logic.

math is just pointless as long as you know the basics your set for life.

U dont LEARN logic

Not if ur in ste

I'm never going to need to know how to find the derivative of a limit of a curve leading to a tollbooth in the real world? Jesus Christ I'm fucked

While I'm not agreeing school is the best.

I have applied practically everything I've learned in high school in getting my current major. I'm computer science and its pretty math intensive sometimes. I've taken all the way up to Calc 2 and still have more to come.

High school math really prepared a good base level for me going into college. I actually use to get only Cs in math in high school and in college I haven't gotten worse than an A.

I feel bad that people who don't do well in high school don't go to college.. I honestly think it's a lot easier then high school.

What if u want to know how to knock it down?

youtube.com/watch?v=4gzfQ7NSs1c

ITT; African-Americans disparaging knowledge thinking that it should only serve to sell crack in the hood" corner.

Nothing unusual here.

Racist

What about the people who use what you didn't like and don't use what you liked? They must accommodate everyone. Is this bitching for real?

Well a lot of people grow up to be scientists or doctors or mathematicians

But Y must they enslave people?

Or spelling and grammar apparently

I could arbitrarily say "people between thirty and thirty five years with blond hair and green eyes who had wisdom teeth extracted before 16 must be educated" and then a whole gang of monsters agree and force it, is what happens. It's to give jobs to people who can't do anything & to keep children from being awesome in the workforce

>ITT neets who hated going to school cause they wanted to be home jacking off.

If you hate the thought of education you're a fucking ape holding back mankind. The reason we learn all this trivial shit is to pretty much,just know it. Its the reason humans appreciate shit like art, nature, languages. Every bit of knowledg on history , space , literature, extinct language is part of mankind's pursuit for answers to our existence and our past. Its all vital to advancement collectively as a species. I'm never gonna be an astronaut pioneering planets for mankind. I'm never gonna be the doctor who cures all humans ailments or the engineer who makes unlimited energy sources one day. But someone will be because they pursue the value of knowledge. If we abandon the importance of history and other non stem programs we create this notion that learning isn't important unless you're going to use it. The reason Ive been able to learn languages, travel the world, discover places for myself, is because as a child I had a huge interest in insects, then as time went on that turned into animals, bizzare animals, those animals uses to humans, the humans who live near those animals, those peoples traditions and beliefs, their language, then my traditions and beliefs and why its so, my contemporary form of living, my government, my contribution to society in contrast etc etc. Its the power of knowledge and discovery that is one of the core drivers of man kind.

All that is important. You are an idiot.

If you dont use any of the knowledge you aquired in life you are probably retarded or used to other people thinking for you.

U don't THINK. every extra symbol takes EXTRA memory & electricity

op: "I'm so selfish and egocentric that if something isn't used by me, it has no value, but really I am just too stupid to see that I would not be able to do what I do if not for the contributions of others, and that there is no way to predict what will be useful, but that doesn't matter because I am a baby who wets my pants. WAAA WAAA!"

Fuck off.

I had a good educational system and I've used almost every thing I've learned in school irl.

Because kids and teenagers suck shit and should be imprisoned until they can fit in polite society, we hate niggers because they are impulsive and short sighted just like adolescents. Long story short kids= niggers and both are quarantined for the same reasons.

>not jerking off at school
Losers

I hated the people, if I was the person I am now back then I'd have got into a lot more fights.

Its the reason? There had to b a first...callin' OTHERS apes...you're talking about classical conditioning. Bet u believe in god too

Doesn't make it any less true

I always hear kids in both american and canadian schools saying that they want classes that teach them real life skills. That being said I bet that after a couple years after they make that "life skills" class a mandatory class kids would hate it too because they are being forced to take it, and they would now state "why do we have to waste our time with this class? we can just find this info on the internet"

I'm currently whacking your

PUblic education is not ment for you to apply to your daily life. It is a piece of paper detailing how you can follow directions, IE: be part of the workforce as a puppet.

My school actually had a class where they taught you gardening and maintenance and shit. Everyone who took it either had some sort of learning difficulty or were just a lazy idiot but everyone who took it actually liked doing it.

True

>In this day and age everything is a meme
>Substance was merely a set back

Sorry I'm on my phone and Cred Forums mobiles sucks. I was raised atheist by refugee parents who were raised Catholic. I appreciate the value that religion has had in mankinds history in the funding of major discoverys. However I don't believe in any of that myself. I do however everyones freedom to believe in whatever they wish whether or not I agree or find it absolute fictitious. The majority of my extended family is some type of Jesus believer.

People complaining about not learning anything useful, when in reality school is more about learning how to learn. Without knowing basic english, math and science it's pretty likely that you won't have the skills for a lot of things.
>I learned algebra in school but no one taught me how to do (insert anything), education is broken
If you came out of however many years of education and cannot apply your skills to problem solve simple shit, then school truly did fail you.

I could see that. It seems like the lower you go on things the better it suits your life after highschool. I'm canadian and in highschool we have college level and university level math.Im a dumb idiot so i took college level and actually was taught what a good rate of interest for a loan would be and stuff like whereas the university math stuff would be like calculus and shit

But sum1 invented algebra. They didnt get taught how to invent it

No one invented algebra. It has always been there, we just discovered how to utilize it. Math is concrete, never changing.

>Never use science
You've never used hot water to open a jar lid?
You never wash your hands after a shit because you don't know what bacteria is?
I'm not going to list all of the science I've learned that I use everyday, and instead leave it at this - you're one dumb son of a bitch

Pretty much this right here. I do wish however, in the more latter years of k-12, maybe in 12,senior year of high school in the us. They taught young people more about money management. I wish someone taught me about retirement plans and investment options banking ,credit interests and other shit like that before I had to learn it on my own at 22. My parents gave me an idea, save money don't spend it all pay priorities first. But never taught me shit like keeping too much money in the bank is like giving the bank an interest free loan, make sure you have a return interest on it if its over X amount. Probably because they don't know.

STFU everyone about the STEM shit. Twice as many people are graduating with steam degrees than are actually getting stem jobs.

I wanna work for steam

I usually just whack it on the counter tbh

Sum1 invented the vernacular, concrete, in order to try teaching those who cant apply the equivilent changes of rates. Since algebra is the basic example of higher level thought, the fact it exists is proof there r people who are completely mindless and thus cannot learn a thing. This non-discriminating blanket education mandation is this retarded.
a child was found at the age of like 7 whod had no human contact. It survived

Get your manly husband to open it, you lil bitch

Jesus fuck what am I reading.

>hurr GO ING A LL OU T

Not OP. Just arthritis. How does hot water work?

What the fuck are you on about? You're making no sense.

The prompt of the thread isn't strictly to complain about whether or not we use what we were taught. Our public education system is far from perfect and scrutinizing it is fair.

My public education through 8th grade was much less consistent than my private high school education. My most complacent teachers were at my public school, as were my most wasteful classes. Every year at public school I had one or more ambiguous waste classes like "study skills" or "exploratory hour". We had phony diversity events shoved down our throats that only taught us to hold other cultures to lower standards. The students eligible to attend my school were subject to change pretty frequently, so my nice, small school suddenly had hundreds more students arriving from a much worse school district.

Teachers unions run the show in the public education system. These unions exist to provide benefits and job security to their constituents, often at the expense of students. This is why public school systems don't commonly employ results-based pay scaling for teachers.

Frankly, our educations through college are of little independent value. The purpose of education is to generate people who become productive members of society. Our system misses the mark because many or most college degrees don't allow someone to do this.

the earth is 90% of earth

>google

Do you ask similar retarded questions irl to let people know you are this stupid?

Shit, that sounds pretty useful.
I think it would make more sense if classes like shop and home economics went back to how they were a few decades ago, actually teaching you how to fix shit around the house and how to budget for a household. I wouldn't trust most of the fucks in my classes to wire a plug without killing themselves

My point.

>Typing up a bible long post to get your opinion out there

And is that a bad thing? No. Don't think about yourself user. Think about how mankind will benefit from an overflow of overly educated people. Sometimes bad things happen for the better of us all. Think about the earths future and its children. You've made a difference

Consider medical school. Applying requires a college degree with a laundry list of specific prereqs. Not a single one of those prereqs is remarkably instrumental to the practice of medicine. In fact, most of the classes one must take to apply to medical school are entirely irrelevant to practicing physicians. The "pre-med" college track exists strictly as a bar to be jumped-over... One would imagine it would be more productive if the proving ground for med schools actually involved the study of medicine. As it stands, prospective doctors are being judged by their performance in irrelevant general science classes instead of their performance within the precise field they mean to work in.

What gives with removing failure as a possibility in public schools? Nowadays, students who repeatedly fail entire grades are pushed ahead, regardless. Eventually, serial failures "graduate" without having necessarily passed the required grades.

I think the education system is flawed, but namely in the unappealing way general ed is forced and delivered. (College)

The thing is it is important to have general knowledge of the world, but the fact that we are charged for it and have to do it when we are trying to focus on our careers is a bit draining. I don't think i'm in the position to talk much about it but I know there is a way that the system can be reconfigured to deliver a more efficient and encouraging intro to society.