What does Cred Forums think about fallout 4 ?

what does Cred Forums think about fallout 4 ?

Other urls found in this thread:

cheesespin.net/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16423/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nuka world was cool

It's alright. Nowhere near New Vegas imo. Hoping that they let obsidian make another one.

FNV was better atmosphere.
FO4 has superior game mechanics.

Fallout bait.

it's the dragon ball of videogames

The story could have been better but has superior game mechanics, settlement building is great! Currently doing my first survival play through which im really enjoying, other than i seem to have permanent fatigue even when i sleep often..

Junk fences

Boring watered down open world FPS geared towards console fags.
They should just sell the franchise to Obsidian and have done with it. Both 3 and 4 are shit compared to 1, 2 and New Vegas.

Yeah that goes away after sleeping for 10 hours each day for like a week or something. You could see a doctor too, they heal fatigue (or anything) for 15 caps

Just like in real life!

Logged 100 hours on steam before realizing it was the same fucking story as 3, haven't touched it since.

Everything about the game is great, except for the whole role-playing aspect and the story. There's of course also a bunch of other less important shit that's wrong with it.

Everything about Fallout 4 tells me Bethesda is afraid to fail, so they made a sort of fun but ultimately pretty bland game.

its great. I like the Vault-Tec Workshop too, I just wish there was a little more tutorial for it. they kinda just tell you some stuff and then leave you with a giant fucking empty cave

I just disabled hunger, thirst and sleep in survival after I realized they're pointless and annoying; It's about as stupid as having to find a toilet so your character can shit, otherwise he'll get a constipation debuff.

>before realizing it was the same fucking story as 3,

Fallout 3: youre born in a vault, dad leaves, find dad, help dad and scientists filter all the water

Fallout 4: born before the war, hear about weird bad guy institution, find son, help whichever group you chose to get one of 3 different endings

yea, exact same story.

That sums it up quite precisely. Graphics were nice, shooting mechanics definitely better than in FO3 and the main story was OK - but the side quests were bland and repetitive and the settlement building just a way to lengthen the gameplay.

Sarcastic

>the settlement building just a way to lengthen the gameplay.
even though thats true, for someone like me that loves post-apocalyptic stuff, being able to build your own settlement just immerses you even more into whats going on in the Fallout world, and I loved it.

Ive played theough it with different builds and keep finding new things. This last time though im sure ive seen it all. All comapion stories, all side quests, ... honestly a good good game.

Not great mind ya. But a gopd time killer with plenty to see.....settlement building annoyed yhe shit out of me. Even with mods i couldnt clean em up how i wanted.

Actually, at first I liked the idea too. Rebuilding the world, providing shelter and protection for the people that rely on you felt like the logical thing to do.
But after the 10th settlement it was just a chore and I stopped founding new ones.
Also: I'm the general of the minutemen, why on earth do I need to do all the basic stuff.

Once I got past the fact that it simply is not the game I had hoped it would be, I started having a lot more fun. Besides, mods will eventually course correct it to be more of what I wanted. I can't wait for a major overhaul mod in the line of SkyRe. I'm kind of mixed on the settlements. They're fun, but I wish they had more depth.

The season pass is pretty shit though. Glad I didn't get it. Even Far Harbor felt too small for its price.

Also, this might be a tad controversial, but I thought the story was pretty good. Probably the best Bethesda has done in quite some time (though I realize that's not saying much).

Overall, as others have said, it's mechanically superior to the other recent Fallouts, but lacking in the RPG department.

It's the same story just a role reversal. It's just as bland as Fallout 3.

Mark my words, Fallout 5 will have you looking for a brother, sister, or aunt or uncle or some shit.

disappointing with the unarmed combat system, downgrade from newvegas and 3. Other then that not a bad game 8/10

well yea, I only worried about the Sanctuary settlement. I kinda did some stuff to the starlight drive one, but I liked just making it like I lived in Sanctuary, I had all the main characters there and shit. I never touch the other ones

Fallout 4 has a far superior engine and graphics to previous games. That being said, the role-playing aspect that FO games are known for is virtually non-existent. The only "choices" you make are which gun to use, and you end up using pistols/rifles anyway because ammo is limited. The main story itself should just be scrapped, as it forces you to role play as "angry parent seeking revenge" and nothing else.

Basically this. Wish it had better radio guy. The new art direction is alright. There's not much to do after 200 hours of playing unfortunately.

"We're going to make a game where even though you're nominated the highest rank of an organization, you're going to be doing all of the hard shit instead of implicating a system in which you can be the one ordering people around."

>Even Far Harbor felt too small for its price.
not at all. Far Harbor is totally worth it

besides the actually building, which would be stupid to have other characters randomly building shit in random places, you DO order around the other people and make them do stuff

This. The AI is incredibly poor in this game. Your companions stand in front of you when shooting 100% of the time. They don't seem to be spatially aware of what's going on around them, and it immediately kills the immersion.

Too true

I spent 60 gameplay hours in modding and building up my sanctuary. Never finished it when I realized how pointless it was knowing that no one was even really going to see or experience it.

If they made it co-op this would blow most games away for the year but sadly it wasn't.

A lot of watered down game missions, needed more dynamic story between the factions rather than choose a side and get 3 different but not really so different endings.

My mods interfered with NukaWorld so I never put effort into playing it as my game would crash every time I got close to starting it. Never felt it worth deleting my mods and starting over again just to play it.

Overall crap / 10
I'm pretty disappointed in the approach Bethesda took with Fallout 4 with the potential to be a really great game. Instead we had to settle with being a Faggot dedicated to building up settlements of the wastes

Yeah, would have been better to focus on 3-4 key settlements and don't waste that much time gathering resources to give every settlement at least some turrets, power and food.
Maybe I'll give it another try when there are some decent mods out that iron out the other shortcomings.

is it really? i dont know a lot or people playing and actually liking it. as far as i can tell, people watching DB mostly enjoy it.

I think he's mostly referring to the fact that the main characters from each faction contribute mostly nothing in the way of help. Preston sits in a chair until you retake the castle, and then it's back to the chair. You pull off an insane heist when joining the railroad, and when you get in Dr. Carrington tells you to fuck off basically. It just seems like the AI doesn't make any sense.

well I do agree 100% that it was kinda pointless cause no one would ever see your settlement. but thats the same with single player minecraft, and that game was huge

Eh, agree to disagree I suppose. It's half the price of the base game, and I definitely don't think it had anywhere near half the content. The main quest, while interesting, was very short. I feel like the only faction we really spent a good amount of time with was the town of Far Harbor. Not only that, there just weren't that many in depth side quests. Point Lookout basically did a lot of the same things, but just better in almost every way.

Sarcasm

Like every Fallout game, it's the modding community that makes the games shine.

I will admit, though, I'm not much of a gamer. I preferred ignoring all the quests, preferring to explore on my own and build things. I could care less about Shaun, or Preston's settlements.

Shit tier game, previous games were better. They basically looked at top mods then made them 10x better incorporating them into their new game. Also previous game DLCs were better as well, as most DLCs iv seen in 4 the modding community could've made. Bethesda needs to focus more on major DLCs instead of minor ones they gotta keep up with their modding community or people will just download mods instead of their DLCs.

idk, it wasnt too short for me, and there were a lot of side quests. I also spent the least amount of time with the people in Far Harbor. maybe you just skipped past a lot of it

True, Preston is by far the most useless and annoying character.
I've always felt the characters in NV were way more believable and diverse, not just useless pricks or assholes like most brotherhood commanders.

Cool for a while. Gets boring and repetitive fast. Even on hardest setting the game is extremely simple after just a few well placed perks. That low level of difficulty means that buffs are pointless, which makes food and chems pointless mechanics. Weapon crafting is pointless as well, because all of the weapon mods are useless except for the final ones. Would be better if it branched into trees with different but equally valuable end results.

I never got into mindcraft
I use to do un official game design as a child 15 years ago so the shitty graphics never caught my eye knowing I could create things well beyond the limitations of mind craft before its time.

Most games don't impress me these days with how little developers put into their games when a lot have potential to be great.

It's all about deadlines, DLC and in app purchases now. Do we advertise a potentially kick ass franchise and push it out rather quick for the money, or do we wait and loose public interest over the years of perfecting what could blow many games away.

Most projects don't last past a certain point because of these issues and funding of course.

(cont)

settlement building is a neat idea, but it really serves no purpose. You gain no real benefit from it, and you feel no ownership of it. The game feels like they are testing out the features that they are going to finalize for the next game. Feels like the game should be multiplayer. Settlements would be more fun if there were other players roaming around in bandit groups that could attack your settlement.

>I could care less about Shaun, or Preston's settlements.

So you care but there's room for you to care even less?

made for niggers

It may take another few months for the FO4 mod community to get its feet off the ground. Bethesda said they'd patch the game a few more times, so many experienced modders are likely waiting for that. Also, the Creation Kit for FO4 sucks ass and crashes almost every time you use it, so you have to constantly be saving and restarting the application.

Its fun to mod tho

It was enjoyable, but it was a garbage RPG.

>No good or bad, just picking factions
>limited dialogue options
>too few populated areas
>too few quest giving NPCs in populated areas

We are not talking about Battlefield 1 bro.

i think this it s better
cheesespin.net/

Although the engine is faster, Bethesda still found a way to half-ass it. Months before the release they realized there was a huge physics issue in the game that they solved by creating a copy of the surface of the world and putting it below the visible surface. As a result, even consoles get 30 FPS at Trinity Tower and elsewhere in Boston. They could have delayed the release but chose to go with the quick fix instead.

No, more like extending past not caring into negative caring.

I will say, I am impressed with what some of the modders have done so far, despite the obstacles they've had.

How the fuck could that fix anything?

source?

mediocre fps.
shitty rpg.

3/10

>No, more like extending past not caring into negative caring.

It's "could not care less".

>FO4 has superior game mechanics.

I don't really care for the perk/attribute system. Some perks are essentially mandatory to increase your damage, while everything else is just something kind of neat to play around with. Even if you fuck up your character build, it just takes an annoyingly long time to kill stuff.

It's pure shit; most disappointing game of 2015.

RPG Elements severely dumbed down or removed.
Terrible story that you're forced to replay every playthrough.
Boring factions.
Voiced protagonist is a retarded idea.
All the side quests are just kill everything in an area.
Settlement building is shallow and extremely restrictive.
90% of the npcs are essential and immortal.
Over half of the dlc is settlement crap.
I could easily list a dozen more issues....

Bethesda are an extremely overrated/shit developer. Obsidian should recieve the rights for Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

>Better graphics
>Better character design
>Better character customization

Still not as amazing as Fallout: New Vegas

>nv
>atmosphere
>dust dust everyware
>westen theme

>fallout4
>unessesary godrays for nvidya shilling causing lack of performence which chould be used for other things

>90% of quests is go to a collect b return to c
>build a minecraft hut

both games are shit on defualt and only saved with modding to costumise exsprience

Obsidian would for sure make a better RPG and overall more enjoyable game - after they patched away all the game breaking bugs in 6-9 month tops.

i rely love fallout..... but nuka world sucks dick

it has so many bugs.... i can't even imagine how it would be any good.....

at first i find this ceto guy dead.... well fuck no idea how to revive him so i have to kill that awesome apes.... dafuq... then i have to raid the commonwelath and there is no hud where i can choose which settlement i raid,,,, dafug

so angry

nuka world sucks dick

new vegas was shit compared to fallout 3 lol

I'm not claiming to have a solution, however I'm also not getting paid as a professional game developer. All I'm saying is that Bethesda could have delayed the release date in order to make a more stable game and they chose not to.

Just type 'tfc' in console and move the cam underneath the surface. There's a duplicate copy. That dramatically affects frame rate.

It's great at being a FUN video game. I bought it day 1 and played it all day, every day until I had done everything (200~hours, with some excessive exploring to unlock as many locations as possible). While playing the game was great, but I've been dissapointed by the fact that I somehow want more Fallout 4, yet I don't want to replay it. Also haven't bothered checking out any DLC.

It's great while playing. Not very memorable when finished.

It was a janky game but I got my money's worth. Would not play again though.

>It's good.
>I like it.
>It's pretty good.
>Not bad at all.

This

At least thus far its the only fallout game I haven't completely finished. I finished the main story and had all the achievements up to about half way through Far Harbor and I haven't played it since probably June. I'll probably pick it up again at some point but for now I have just lost all interest.

I definitely prefer FO3 and NV but I still enjoyed FO4 for the most part, I just wasn't a big fan of the story and it's not as fun to explore the wasteland like in the previous installments

It was garbage. The story was just a rehash of Fallout 3's story, but you're the father this time.

The speech mechanics were some of the shittiest I've ever seen. You get four options that are always just 'Yes, No (Yes), Sarcastic (Yes), and Question'.

The atmosphere was alright I guess, but the fact that almost every settlement was garbage really pisses me off. Not to mention, about 90% of the god damned Commonwealth Wasteland is taken up by Raiders and Super Mutants.

To sum it up, it was bad. They need to let Obsidian make more Fallout games.

>game set in nevada
>complains about desert/western theme
>disregard multiple build possibilities
>disregard multiple ending possibilities
>disregard first real rpg mechanics

nigga you are fucking retarded if you think fo4 and nv are even remotely on the same level.

Also I could give a flying fuck about building and creating settlements. It was a large part of the game but I found it to be tedious and really annoying.

You're a dumbass.

This.

Far Harbor was the best part of fo4

>haven't played Nuka world yet

>no one would ever see it
>playing video games to impress others
>not playing because you want to
>not enjoying life without validation from peers

Fuck off m8

>Perks
Fallout 4 had the worst "Perks" system I've ever seen.

All the fallout games have the same premise: you find stuff
So your argument on how FO3 and FO4 are the same is invalid

Fallout 4 supposedly took 7 years to make.

It's still worse than Fallout: New Vegas which was made in 1.5 years.

This proves for a fact how shit fallout 4 is. New Vegas is superior in every way, anyone that says otherwise is a faggot.

When you don't have to make assets you can use time creating quests. So you get more quests than normal. I don't see how this is hard to grasp. If they had to make the game from scratch it would have probably sucked.

>mindcraft

You clearly don't know how game development works.

Nobody gives a fuck about how the game was made. New Vegas is better.

new vegas is a fallout 3 stand-alone that took 1,5 years to make. So what you really like is fallout 3 DLC.

This.

What is it with Americans saying 'I could care less.'

If you could care less, you must have some degree of current caring, so 'I couldn't care less' makes more sense if you don't care about something.

Is he claiming to know anything about game dev? All he's saying is that the total time spent on development in FO4 was MUCH longer than NV, and get NV is superior in many ways.

I like the superior game.

Have you ever even played another Fallout game besides 3 or 4?

You're right, I don't. All I do know is that New Vegas was made in the course of ~18 months and was able to produce a much better story and atmosphere than Fallout 4.

fallout 3 asset development is included in new vegas development.

Yes but FO4 also reused assets from previous titles. Hence why the rocks look like they're from Skyrim but re-textured.

So why not delay the game a little longer until they had a semi-decent story? And don't say it's because of money or something, because they've been publishing and pushing out other shit right alongside Fallout 4.

Why don't you ask Cred Forums?

I am having the same issue, everytime I get near the western border approaching the Nuka World transfer hub, I get CTD and I refuse to disable mods just to play it. Maybe next playthrough.

If you haven't tried it yet, I totally recommend this mod: nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16423/? It adds anywhere from 5 to 15 hours of gameplay and is very well done. Also, having the War of the Commowealth mod enabled makes some of the battles truly epic.

So? Does that mean Bethesda has an excuse for creating such a shitty game? They could have easily delayed Fallout 4 until they had a semi-decent story.

Diminishing return. The extra effort in making the game a 9/10 instead of an 7/10 wouldn't increase the profits enough.

who the FUCK uses unarmed combat. are you a fucking retard?

Imagine that new vegas was bethesda giving you a map editor and you just adding stuff to make a cool game. They had to make the editor for you first. That was fallout 3.

Fallout 1: find water chip
Fallout 2: find geck
Fallout 3: find father
Fallout 4: find son

>Why don't people role-play exactly like me? Why isn't everyone like me?

The only reason it was superior is because they didn't make entirely new art, and redesign architecture, weapons, armor, and the systems for each of those. That's like saying America was shit because they designed a brand spanking new government built loosely on the ideas of others as opposed to just ctrl+c/v the principles of other governments. The fact that you think New Vegas is instantly better because it uses a more dynamic quest system proves you are merely a slobbering troglodyte who believes that everything has to stay the way it is or it's bad. Personally, I don't like either game more than the other, because they outweigh each other in different things. New Vegas had a stronger quest system, but the weapon customization mechanics was garbage, Whereas 4 had an incentive to spend time dicking about while discovering all the little things that got put in the development. Personally, Fallout 4 would be hands down better if they fixed the leveling/perk system and diversified the quest system instead of appealing to the autistic minority that can't wrap their head around the concept of multiple paths to choose

when you turn someone into dust by magic in skyrim, it will leave a pile off ash. In fallout 3 when you use a laser gun it will make the same pile of ash

He's right though
FO1: Water Chip
FO2: GECK
FO3: Dada
FO:NV: Platinum chip
FO4: Shaun

I'm not him but unarmed was fucking crazy overpowered in NV. If you buff it with Iron Fist perk and then use those unique brass knuckles Love and Hate you can fist fuck a deathclaw toe to toe. It also had to do with the rate of punching in NV. It was like a repeated one-two combo. In F4 It's just a wild haymaker swing that's pretty much useless. I use melee all the time though for that sweet 10x damage sneak bonus. Nothing like Splinter Cellin' everyone in Quincy Ruins.

Well, sort of. FO3 was created using the Creation Kit software. NV was developed using an updated version of CK. FO4 was developed using an even more updated version. All the games are built re-using the assets of previous games, and it doesn't really explain why FO4 development took four times as long as NV dev.