It's the Lord's day. Why aren't you in church?

It's the Lord's day. Why aren't you in church?

Other urls found in this thread:

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimpanzee–human_last_common_ancestor
conservapedia.com/Evolution
conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_intelligence
icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/
evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/lines_01
humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
futurism.com/three-main-pieces-of-evidence-supporting-evolution/
necsi.edu/projects/evolution/evidence/evidence_intro.html
nap.edu/read/6024/chapter/4
answersingenesis.org/evidence-against-evolution/
jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution Hoax/evidences.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=xPZIaG0E-KM
worldcat.org/title/systematic-biology-journal-of-the-society-of-systematic-biologists/oclc/224744358
conservapedia.com/Rebuttals_to_atheist_arguments
pravmir.com/top-10-common-atheist-arguments-fail/
scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy
youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk
youtube.com/watch?v=pkCJ8rb8Grw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's 2 in the afternoon and I got out of church 3 hours ago.

Though I'm back for bible study at 6

Don't worry. You do fine. No hell for you.

They frown on my fapping n shooting during sermons.

>pewpewpew

Church doesn't last all day, weak-sauce b8

Bump 4 Christ

Because I'm not an anti-god catholic.

Saturday is the Sabbath. Holy Sunday is blasphemy, just like the muslims holy Friday..

Catholics; exactly like the rabbis but different funny hats.

I got older and grew out of the phase where I played with imaginary friends.

*tips fedora*

The Lord's day was yesterday, you gentile scum.

Not even owning a fedora, but it's ok faggot.
Just keep shitposting your pathetic threads.

>duh why are you not believing in my imaginary friend
>ignore facts and science
>cryinggirlfromtheneverendingstory.jpg
>replying with stereotypes

>implying atheists use facts or logic

I went already but, unlike some churches, we don't think sticking around for an entire day is meaningful in any way (UU by the way).

Easy, they died out. They are now extinct.

someone doesnt understand evolution....

Nigger alert

Because I give my worship to the one true god. PRAISE BE UNTO LEMMY, GIFT UNTO ME BLESSED DUBS LIKE YOU HAVE GIFTED IN TIMES PAST.

Ugh... First off, humans did not evolve from chimpanzees but rather we evolved from an evolutionary common ancestor millions of years ago, one line going down to the chimps and another going down to become modern humans. It's the same argument about dogs and wolves only humans purposefully bred over and over and over the ones they liked to have the traits they liked and now we have dogs who are only just recently mostly distinct from wolves (though some breeds are still genetically similar enough to crossbreed still).

My body is my temple, nature is my church.

i already went.

Because I'm not stupid.

And why haven't the monkeys died out?

>believing in evolution
When was the last time that a monkey gave birth to a human?

proof for this claim?

Had work i might go later

Do you see thousands of cocoons walking around. No? Do you know why? Because they are an evoultionary step. Same with your example they were an evolutionary step for what is coming. They have been living on earth for a certain amount of time before the earth changed. So they than had to adapt and are now what we are. Someday where have to adapt to and reach the next step. Meaning we will vanish aswell. Also the we did not descended from apes but from a human apes. They have vanished from earth after they reached the next step.

>Clearly taking the bait, because there are no interesting threads right now.

Hey you're not the usual guy! You're using actual effort!

Obvious bait is obvious

>proof for this claim?
humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics

And if you want to find numerous other articles listed, go to the bottom or read the page and then follow the links. However, knowing you as the troll you are, you will try to claim that "this proves nothing" or something else ridiculous.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimpanzee–human_last_common_ancestor

Either sage this thread or post shit.

Just got out of the Tridentine High Mass. Very grateful to live near such a beautiful cathedral. Pretty sure the organ guy played Mozart too. Feels good

Do you believe in magic?

Get that filthy propaganda of my thread.

Here educate yourself:

conservapedia.com/Evolution

there is clear evidense of magic, you athiest scum, the bible shows that there is magic and posting satanic references to unholy literature that pokes fun at magic is just pathetic

there is no evidence of us coming from monkeys but magic is in the world around us, so don't fucking ask if we believe in magic when its real

Difference is that cocoons are still necessary for the butterfly, but anything else is right.

Finally some intelligence on this board.

Same reason you aren't OP. Too busy scrolling through menial shit posts and shit posting on Cred Forums like every other fag here

I was. it sucked. now what ?

What next, the argument god designed bananas to be perfect for human consumption, disregarding the actual history of the banana and how humans actually developed it over generations to take the shape, micro-seed fruit we know today.

I believe in cthulhu.

I am not surprised that you don't understand

conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_intelligence

Because I'm to high

I'm actually very entertained by this thread.

My country is like 78% Athiest but I still like this thread.
The OP is a lot more interactive than the usual one who just spams then leaves.

I'll give this 7/10 keks.

Kek. Is the banana thing a real argument?

Actually yes. I've met Americans who use it as an actual statement.

Perfect thread

kek'd

That's actually amazing. I kinda wish we had more Christians in England. Just for the keks. Muslims tend to react to ridicule with machetes here.

England's getting really weird at the moment. I went my entire life knowing 1 Christian, with everyone else being openly Atheist.
I moved into a city recently, and everyone's in either a turban or burka here.

I'm a Taoist. The entirety of creation is my church, I don't hav to go anywhere special.

It was, but even the assholes promoting it dropped it when they were presented with evidence proving that they were arguing from an illogical and wrong standpoint, though they still try to claim their other theories right, such as the "linear evolution track" that any child can disprove.

Listen, if there was no evolution, every single child being born would look exactly like their parents but they don't, right? They take traits from both, and if they have any dominant genes those traits appear or if they have a double down on the same sort of recessive trait that appears. These genes can, and often do, also mutate resulting in odd quirks in their physical and mental traits that are designed to try to further the species as a whole. If you put two black bears at the polar ice cap, both would often fail to find and kill the seals they would need to survive. But if one had offspring that had a genetic trait that caused their fur to turn light, white even, then they become better hunters in the icy wastes. Well, using genetic sequencing we have determined that polar bears developed this trait via a genetic mutation that in other climes would usually be a death sentence but in the far north makes them the apex predator (until humans arrived).

Is it as horrible as the maymays suggest?

Monday is the lord's day? When did this change happen?

icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/

To busy getting drunk and fucking bitches

>There are millions of these
Nope, all dead.
>and millions of these
Yeah, that's us.
>So where are the millions of these
Dead.

The modern apes are not the same as that first ancestor in your pic. We and the modern apes evolved from a common ancestor, we didn't evolve from modern apes.

I know I'm replying to a troll post, but I've seriously met too many people irl who don't understand this so I have to explain it in the hopes that someone might realize they were mistaken.

evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/lines_01

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence

futurism.com/three-main-pieces-of-evidence-supporting-evolution/

necsi.edu/projects/evolution/evidence/evidence_intro.html

nap.edu/read/6024/chapter/4

>shitposting

So you literally believe that nothing exploded and created human bearing monkeys?

How about reading my posts?
answersingenesis.org/evidence-against-evolution/

jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution Hoax/evidences.htm

Hey, that's pretty good

Because god can't real.

It's kinda bad.
I think the Muslims here are more civil than in like France, but seriously... It took hundreds of years for atheism and logic to become the majority, only for Muslims to arrive out of nowhere and in some cases literally carry signs into the streets about the law not being harsh enough or something.

No scientist in the history of the universe has ever presented evolution that way. That is from a book for children. Do you have a 5 year old's grasp of biology?

>believing in evolution
Evolution is an accepted science.

It does not require belief, indoctrination, repetition, Sunday school or any of the other mind-control and propaganda techniques usually required by religions.

>more civil than in like France
youtube.com/watch?v=xPZIaG0E-KM

poor France if that is true

Lol icr. Next you'll tell me the Kim Jong Il Most Glorious Master Scientism School is a valid source.

I expose obvious lies like the evilution.

It is a THEORY. The THEORY of evolution. That means that there is not enough proof for calling it a fact.

>So you literally believe that nothing exploded and created

If you believe that there was "nothing" before the cosmological expansion, then you are far too retarded to take part in this discussion.

Prove that this site isn't a valid source!

Because your posts, rather unscientifically, arge from a predetermined standpoint (ie "evolution is not real") rather than actually explore the scientific evidence in favor of evolution. The primary sources of the articles you list operate from a clear and absolute bias (that evolution is false) and structure their "evidence" to support that theory which is not the way you do things scientifically.

Take for instance the claim that there are no transitional fossils. That is false as even a modicum of research immediately disproves that.

worldcat.org/title/systematic-biology-journal-of-the-society-of-systematic-biologists/oclc/224744358

Hail Kim Jong

I kind of want to argue against the evolution points, but then I remember this is all bait and I go back to my popcorn.

Prove to me that god is real without using sources that are either christian propaganda or the bible.

>protip: you can't

why would i go inside a building im burning down.

im not fucking crazy you know.

>be atheist
>believe that your grandparents were squirrels
>believe that your parents were monkeys
>claim to use logic and facts
daily reminder that atheists are modern day fools

How about you proof that God doesn't exist?
And your "sources" aren't?

Fuck you that's why

I don't want to be as gods and know good from evil.

>It is a THEORY. The THEORY of evolution. That means that there is not enough proof for calling it a fact.

>A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses." Theories are formed from hypotheses that have been subjected repeatedly to tests of evidence which attempt to disprove or falsify them.

You're actually really good at this. It's funnier when you consider that Christians don't really exist in 2016, so you're kind of like a cosplayer of what Christians may have looked like in the past.
I'm not even antithiest, just saying that.

I've giggled a few times in this thread, I'm liking it.

then, what was there?

>there is clear evidense of magic

apparently the more powerful the magic the less likely you are able to spell proper English.

I feel that eternal damnation fits my desires more than wasting a day every week.

It's still a theory, therefore you cannot call it a fact.

Evolution is a lie.

quod erat demonstrandum

>How about you proof that God doesn't exist?

God does exist! Virtually. Inside the brains of believers. He is as fictive as Presidents, but having no material body, he is not real in the physical sense.

God is a tulpa, basically, that can be installed into people's brains to give them confidence and a sense of self-righteousness. He's useful, if you need a pretense to declare everyone who disagrees with you deserves to be tortured forever literally.

>on b
>shit posting
>op's logic

My sources are from actual academic circles and education centers that go through peer-reviewed studies and continual review to weed out inconsistencies and failed hypotheses. You "sources" (and I use the term lightly for you) do not go through the same rigorous review but rather latch onto and extrapolate out from a belief (ie evolution is not real because God) rather than any actual scientific reasoning (why do the birds here look similar to the birds there but act differently?)

Dodging like Neo, OP.
You haven't proven that god is real.
So you lose.

>>do experiments, seek proofs, use solid logic, go to hell

>>read old fables, pray to magic men in the sky, offer no proofs, go to heaven

>It's still a theory, therefore you cannot call it a fact.

Of course. Theories are interpretations of facts, not facts themselves nor are they made up of facts.

In fact, truth is merely what we call it when our expectations of a phenomenon match our measurements.

You expect that God will do good things for you and when good things happen, you see that it is true that God does good things for you. There are no facts in epistemology.

>nothing exploded and created human bearing monkeys.
Something we are unable to define exploded and created time, space, and elements. These elements created compounds. Some compounds break apart in the presence of other compounds (chemical reactions). Cyclical chemical reactions are a mathematical inevitability, and eventually complex systems of sequential chemical reactions began to split in two once they grew larger than a certain size. This was microbial life. Several million years later, a subset of these microbes began reproducing not by splitting themselves but by spawning a new third microbe that was a mixture of the DNA of the two parents (the advent of sexual reproduction). This subset, due to the randomization of its genetic material from the two-parent system, had a propensity to develop into a noticably different phenotype than its parents. Over time, this gradual randomization predicated a myriad of widely diverse organisms which continued to slowly change over time, and which sometimes encountered sudden difficulty surviving due to changes in its environment or the appearance of a new predator or competitor, and sometimes encountered sudden ease of survival due to changes in the environment or the removal of a predator or competitor. Quite a while later, some of these animals developed the ability to self-regulate their body temperature. Some time after that, a few of those early ancestors from that "There are millions of these" pic started to walk upright and developed large enough brains to be able to recognize highly complex patterns around them and to plan ahead. This led to early tool use, which caused a paradigm shift in survivability where intelligence became as much of a deciding factor for survival as strength or speed. Over many, many generations their stance became more upright, they developed language, and eventually wrote silly books wherein a talking snake tricks a woman made out of a rib into eating a magic apple.

>It is a THEORY. The THEORY of evolution. That means that there is not enough proof for calling it a fact.

It's plenty enough to call it a fact in layman's terms. Gravity is a theory, too, yet you don't see any religious people willing to step off a roof to prove gravity is a "lie"

Religious loonies are terrified that they know deep down that they are wrong about all their made-up nonsense.

Read these:

conservapedia.com/Rebuttals_to_atheist_arguments
pravmir.com/top-10-common-atheist-arguments-fail/

And you haven't proven that God isn't real. You cannot prove that He doesn't exist, therefore he exist.

So you admit that the evolution isn't a fact? :)

banned in church for fapping during what ever they call it when the old dude reads out of the bible

hey OP.
>whats the difference between a monkey and an ape?
Take your time

Atheists have so much fantasy.

No, in scientific jargon, a theory that has been clearly and rigorously peer reviewed remains a theory but is accepted as law or fact. It's the same way we call something "the theory of gravity" but we all understand and accept it as fact. Or the "theory of climate change" which has an over 97% agreement among scientists across the spectrum to be law/fact (people say 97% to allow the typical 3% uncertainty despite a study showing that the number of papers submitted for peer review and accepted via their evidence is closer to 99.99%)

Can't church. Football and fappening 2

evolution is no longer a theory, its now scientific law

>old argument is old

>be atheist
Yep

>use logic and facts
Yep

Nope

>believe that your parents were monkeys
Nope

But I do feel like your parents did you a great disservice by not keeping you in school past the 5th grade.

>>believing in a 2800 year old Jewish cult rather than scientific method.

scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

Well...you certainly refuted that image that has never actually demonstrated human evolution as science has ever understood it. I have to give you that.

It's the ICR, they're one of the least respected institutions in science. They have to show merit before they're worth refuting.

>So you admit that the evolution isn't a fact? :)

That is what I said, yes. Anything non-objective is non-factual. Your existence is not a fact, nor is mine.

im pagan and your god isn't real

>How about you proof that God doesn't exist?
Do you still believe in Zeus, Ra or Apollo?

>>Your existence is not a fact, nor is mine.

Uh, logic, you're doing it wrong.

Because Sunday isn't Xipe totec's day, you pagan scum.

What fappening 2?

i'm an Atheist and your paganism isn't real.

Why not Odin? Amaterasu? Quetzalcoatl? Shango?

You can't disprove the existence of something. Prove to me that Bigfoot doesn't exist.

not being aware of plasma cosmology

Wow OP, I didn't think they allowed you guys on the internet, I thought electricity was "the devil's work"

>then, what was there?
Maybe one day we'll have enough evidence to formulate a hypothesis.

In the meantime, there's no point throwing out wild speculations and made-up religious fairy tales that we'd all be embarrassed about later.

i dont care you can be athiest all you want why should i give a fuck either way the old ones come for you dont be crying to me

Um, yes you can. You guys can;t logic worth shit. Absence of proof isn't proof. Its lack of proof.

I'm using the reductionist argument, that a complex phenomenon is not a phenomenon per se if it can't be demonstrated to be composed of entirely simpler phenomena.

A person can be reduced to their organs, which can be reduced to their cells, which can be reduced to their biochemistry, etc., etc.

We can say it is a fact that people, in some sense at least, exist, just as we can say that triangles, in some sense at least, exist. But point to any particular person or any particular triangle and you find it's made out of non-people and non-triangle phenomena that do not discretely form the complex phenomena.

I know. This kind of formal logic goes way above the heads of people who think Neverending Story memes refute evolution.

>Evolution is a lie.

This is why people laugh at you

OP you're a fucking loser.
Your God does not answer prayers (I've tried)
He is a make believe cunt and doesn't exist.
If you believe in the Christian God, then you believe in all Gods

>*can be demonstrated

Fine, then prove that unicorns don't exist.

That's ironic considering your entire belief system is based on a fantasy.

Taking the obvious b8 because God-loving butthurt faggots rustle my jimmies

they cant be observed in nature

now your just making up psuedo-logical terms blowing out bullshit. Logical reasoning is very clear and can't be successfully applied to all but the least substantial and most generic of thiestic arguments.

So you have personally observed and documented all of nature in the known universe? But fine, if we accept that argument why wouldn't it apply to god?

I'm not positing any assertion. Your arguming that I owe you a quarter because you say I owe you one. Its doesn't work like that. You need some education.

i have never stated that it shouldnt be applied to a god im just simpy stating a unicorn cant be observed in nature

>>You need some education.

You should start by actually reading that wikipedia article on logical fallacies.

Ummm... why aren't you?

I am my own "god" and have no need for anyone else's.

You mean the Fermion Plasma?
I did kind of skip that part, too much explaining for a 2000 character post limit.
OP doesn't know the difference between apes and monkeys, I doubt he's ready for tau neutrinos.

You are claiming that you can prove the nonexistence of something. I'm asking you to demonstrate that. So demonstrate.

Arthur Brown?

>Why not Odin? Amaterasu? Quetzalcoatl? Shango?

There have been thousands of gods before and the one thing they all have in common? They were all made up.

The strong evidence then logically indicates you made your gods up too.

Church ended hours ago.

>>ou are claiming that you can prove the nonexistence of something.

Uh, no... I am claiming that your resonaing and your apparent point is flawed. Again:

Ignoring proper logic and substituting your own insane reasoning then clinging to it like a lunatic is not an argument. You're essentially sitting in the corner in a puddle of your own feces claiming everything is fine.

If this is your argument I'll just be going now.

>conservapedia
top kek

No, I'm talking about Putnam's Miniworld thought experiment (in particular).

Here's how it goes.

>The picture represents an entire universe. >How many things are in this universe?

1) The picture is of a triangle.
2) Therefore there is one thing in this universe.

2) The triangle is made of three lines.
3) Therefore there are three things in the universe.

3) Each line is made of ~30 smaller lines.
4) Therfore there are ~90 things in the universe.

3) Each line is made of ~30 smaller lines.
4) Each smaller line is made of ~4 pixels.
5) Therefore there are ~120 things in the universe.

You can keep going until you start counting the photons or Higgs-Bosons or whatever point you no longer consider relevant.

I don't strongly agree with the reductionists (I'm an emergentist), but the point stands pretty irrefutably that the difference between a complex phenomenon and a simple phenomenon is purely subjective.

You may note that the triangle is not actually composed of straight lines. We routinely consider non-circular objects to be circles so long as they are close enough to what the subject considers an ideal circle.

There really are no facts for us. We are subjects and we perceive subjects. Factuality and virtualarity are indistinguishable for us. E.g., our perceptions and descriptions of color don't match what machine sensors detect unless we design the machine to sort wavelengths into the arbitrary, subjective color categories that we use.

The presence of thunderstorms and the absence of Jotun clearly proves that Thor is real, user. He has blockbuster movies and everything, even a PS3 game.

There are only catholic churches in my area, I would go if there would be a Orthodox church.

I like this. This is very Taoist.

>>There really are no facts for us.

But your reaching a conclusion based on a limited subset of reality you defined. If what you're trying to apply here worked then the very foundation of science (simple boolean logic, which is even simpler than the fallacy you're trying to foist off as a framework here0 wouldn't work. Clearly incorrect as true and false still apply no matter what the frame of reference. You can't simply empiric method and logic useless because you want to redefine the argument to some reductionist bullshit.

The link I posted still applies.

Unfortunately its bullshit. For example: this framework completely ignores fractal geometry, which exists in nature. Rendering this complete bs. its not Tao. Its mental masturbation.

Christianity is bullshit. A god might exist, but it certainly isn't the Christian interpretation of god.

plot twist: OP is an atheist and made a bait thread. for the luls.

>gud work m8

Sorry, I'm not sure which link you mean.

But truth is just what we call when our expectations about a phenomenon match our measurements of a phenomenon. Evolution is true because it is consistent with both our observations and our interpretations of those observations.

There is no god's-eye-view for truth any more than there is a god's-eye-view for coordinates. Follow the logic to the bottom and invariably you are forced to pick an arbitrary point to begin the process of recursive comparisons.

I don't understand what you mean by completely ignoring fractal geometry. It doesn't matter which geometric shape or phenomenon you choose for the miniworld and the method by which the shape/phenomenon comes to exist is not relevant.

The Tao that did not include mental masturbation would not be the Tao.
The Tao is all things.
...and, to be fair, all non-things.
It is the triangle, the angles, the sides, the radians and gradians, the pixels, and the png.

This time it wasn't captain obvious, but none other than Glueman! The worlds first superhero! The worlds worst superhero!

we are twin dubbers my user.

kek

>conservapedia.
do i want to know what this is?

lol is the guy yugi moto?

Someone who actually knows the truth.

my sides

Just came out of church.

>And you haven't proven that God isn't real. You cannot prove that He doesn't exist, therefore he exist.

can you prove my (pegan) unicorn doesn't exist?

>You cannot prove that He doesn't exist, therefore he exist.

you cant prove im a virgin therefore in not a virgin
i like this logic how do i christian

Because I'm masturbating right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk

youtube.com/watch?v=pkCJ8rb8Grw

>Quetzalcoatl
the dino bird?

There is no god but man.

1. Man has the right to live by his own law—to live in the way that he wills to do:
to work as he will:
to play as he will:
to rest as he will:
to die when and how he will.2. Man has the right to eat what he will:to drink what he will:
to dwell where he will:
to move as he will on the face of the earth.3. Man has the right to think what he will:to speak what he will:
to write what he will:
to draw, paint, carve, etch, mould, build as he will:
to dress as he will.4. Man has the right to love as he will:—"take your fill and will of love as ye will,
when, where, and with whom ye will." —AL. I. 515. Man has the right to kill those who would thwart these rights.

>unicorn doesn't exist?
Unicorns do exist, they're even mentioned in the bible.

My church have become a Mosque...

look at all these tards taking the bait His Noodliness The Flying Spaghetti Monster will punish you heathens

this is b8
i want a source and remember the bible isnt a source

hush infidel just convert to islam or ill (peacefully) behead you

>Man has the right to eat what he will:to drink what he will
>Man has the right to kill those who would thwart these rights.
So let me get this straight...
If I decide I want to eat the brains and drink the blood of jewish billionaires, that's cool?
And if they try to stop me from eating their brains, killing them is okay?

Because the manmade construct of organized religion is all about money and almost always draws God's children further away from Him.

Yes, morality declares such things permissible.

The greatest threat to a moralist is the question of whether or not their beliefs are empty, because the answer is always yes.

>i want a source and remember the bible isnt a source
Kind of obtuse when the statement is that they're mentioned in the bible.
English-speaking revisionists changed the passage in the 70's to say Oxen instead of Unicorns, but the hebrew-speaking people who helped latin scholars with the latin translation of the bible chose "monokeros" which means "single horn" and is another name for unicorns.

As for the connection between unicorns and rhinoceri, you need only look at their descriptions.
>like a horse, but larger
>more like a goat's feet than a horse's hoof
>single large horn in the middle of the face

Not only that, but the purported magical properties of unicorn horns according to european folklore match the purported magical properties of rhino horns according to african folklore.

Some european explorer came back from africa and tried to describe a rhino to his friends and they misunderstood.

Because I've been at work from 10pm to 8am so God can shove it because my rest is more important so I went straight to sleep

The local church closed down. Most of the old people who used to go have died off, and the next generation after only go to church on baptisms and confirmations.