Brand new truckerfag here, I start orientation tomorrow, anyone out there have tips for a new trucker?

Brand new truckerfag here, I start orientation tomorrow, anyone out there have tips for a new trucker?

yeah kill yourself

Whoops wrong board

Local or otr?

Otr

Asphalt princesses tend to be cleaner than lot lizards.

orientation = bending over and taking it in the ass

>robot trucking is the future

Do you have an apartment?

Currently.

work with that company for 2 years then get out into a actual good company somewhere that's not one of the major ones.

those big companies werner, Schinder, swift etc are all fucking trash and will treat you like a subhuman.
get yourself some experience and then gtfo and find a job with a better company or even a local gig

So like are lot lizards actually a thing? It seems like it could easily be a joke that happens rarely.

Don't kill anyone.

How much money can truckers make?

That was the plan, I was hoping to get something local but they say the pay is shit.

>robot trucking.

this meme needs to die. this will happen but not for at least another 20 years or more barring some hard core legal changes in people being able to drive.

these 90% of companies wold rather eat a bullet than work to replace their trailers and tractors with all new automated ones.

>they'll save money by not paying workers

yeah in the long run but in the short term they'll lose a crazy amount of money and none of them will do that

Depending on the company, hazard involved and experience can be anything 36000 to 80000

Lot lizards are a real thing. None are even 2/10. The best looking ones still have a tooth left. When you stop in Gary, IN, you'll see them. If you decide you're desperate enough, wear 34 condoms and a raincoat if you don't want gonasyphiherpiles.

go to /o/
there is constantly a trucking thread over there.
ffs man.

I work fed ex. get paid by the hour and get to sleep in my own bed every night. I work 9 to 11 hours but it still beats the best day otr.

any local gig that doesn't require a few years of experience will be crap but I'm sure there are local gigs you can get once you've got some time under your belt

Pretty broad range but at the upper end it ain't bad.

save your money.

too many new guys spend all their money while on the road at truck stops and restaurants. Pack your lunches, eat cheap and sleep in the truck.

you might get paid 60k a year, but if you spend it all on the road, you are working for free.

Good luck user, finish your training and get where you want to be.

this.

and the ones that are a 3 or better you can tell just by watching them they are hooked on some kind of shit and likely the skeezy of the skeezy

Trucking is a fucking joke now days. Pay is shit. Hours are shit. Dispatch/management are super shit.
Fuck your orientation, go sign up for college

>I'm a trucker

I have heard great things about fed ex
Yeah are there grocery stores on the route or do they have fridges in the trucks?
Lol
What do you get paid?

46,000-48,000

Go to fucking college

>go to college
> get a degree in something
> realize the job itself won't go anywhere
> get a degree in something meaningful
>realize no one wants to hire you because you have no actual experience
> spend the next 20 years paying off a kings ransom in tuition fees barely scraping by because you're only able to get in at the bottom of the barrel of your chosen profession if youre lucky.

not even being condescending. that shit is fucked

You think trucking will be any better after ten years of aimless driving and people thinking you are a fork lift.
Listen new friend. Go to school. I'm fucked now. Back is shot, health is shit, and all I know is trucking. Go to school, dosent have to be a university. Go community, find something in medical. Come back in ten years, show me your wife's tits and thank me