possibly.click
discourse.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You never get laid, do you?

bump

any web developers out there?

Yes

holy cow motherfucker I was waiting for this kind of thread for ages

please somebody tell me how the fuck I can make an online database that's free and unlimited

OR

something like that

Please, google sucks, it only shows me databases that I have to pay like 100 USD for like 1 mb of storage, that's fucken fullshit, I just want to use SQL, the free version

how the fuck

What are you using this "online database" for?

..the fuck? Just install any linux variant on your computer and install any of the open sourcery databases. All the biggest ones are free anyway - mysql, mariadb, postresql, oracle, mongodb, take your pick

Buy a VPS / dedicated server or a hosting plan. Set up MySQL... not hard at all. Are you retarded?

sup, you freelance or are you employed? if so, what is your annual income roughly?

Learn PHP and MYSQL

WHY DO JAVA DEVELOPERS NEED GLASSES?

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T C#!

So you want free and unlimited capacity server hosting. Okay.

Unfortunately yes, for the time being anyway. Hoping to move along into something more up my alley, like embedded programming for robotics and shit.

C# master race.

Cred Forums has a thread for this almost every day. You'd get a more receptive audience too.

why do you like C#?

get the fuck off my thread

Employed by a government contractor. Only making 120k; our company pays a little low.

was unaware, thanks Cred Forumsro

what kind of education do you have?

It's my construction company's database

I built it in MS Access and now I want to make it public for the guys I've hired, so that they can use it anywhere. But I don't trust anyone close to me.

OK, not unlimited, but I want something free that's reasonably high, and now fucken 100 megs, that's bullshit to me. Am I wrong? It's just for testing purposes

I'm retarded, yes, sometimes.

thanks

Much more developer-friendly than Java. I mean, they tried making Java like C# with Java 8, but failed miserably.

Don't need any lower-level language like C/C++ because I'm not doing any real time/embedded software.

Scripting sucks ass.

If I need to run stuff on Linux servers, I can use mono.

No reason not to use C#.

Host it yourself.

BA Economics

I could do this for you pretty cheap.. I know tons of hosting providers that are dirt cheap too, i run a VPN provider and have to pay per gb for data.

I mean, you literally never get laid, correct?

If it's only for testing purposes do it on your LAN.

not often but i DO

Already works there, I want my team to add stuff to it on the go. When they're outside the office. Keep in mind I'm a shitty MS Access developer that learned databases like 8 months ago, on and off.

Please define dirt cheap and capability because I have no reference.

my dreamjob is in software but im not in college and i teach myself python daily. i just have a hard time with understanding what the terms are and wrapping my mind around them. function, attribute, etc. plus all the sql and other acronyms that i dont know that i dont know if i NEED to know confuse and scare me. what do Cred Forums?

stop using python, learn opengl instead

Lawl at thinking C# is the best for web dev. Do yourself a favor and try a modern scripting language like TypeScript.

>Python
Yeah, you'll sure have a bright future.

why do you say that? i thought python was a good starting point? also, whats gl if you have the time to explain?

$40 can get you 4GB and a 60GB SSD. I'd do set it all up for you for about the same or less, payment in BTC or paypal. let me know.

Dude. Here's a really BIG tip:
1. Imagine a reasonably ambitious project
2. Do it and learn on the fly
3. Don't fucking copy paste, write shit down.

python has a dumb syntax and it's slow as shit. learning other, more practical languages will be hard afterwards.

gl=gaylord language, it's a language invented by hackers and what all the top hackers use

>this
basically how i self taught PHP

Scripting is useless for the back-end. For the front-end, I couldn't care less, frameworks/languages are so bad they come and go each month.

It's sad you learned a useless language by yourself. Should have picked something interesting instead.

useless? as a web developer? are you fucked?

I run a one man company, and I'm trying to optimize my workflow, also because a customer wants regular updates on what I do, so i want to share my results better than by using a dropbox-based excel file.
A friend recommended using scrum, are there any good online tools for it? Anything that's cloud-based and has an android app too?

I saw a larger Python project (20k lines perhaps). Oh. My. God.

Please tell me you're not trying to make an Access db web-accessible.

If you like dead languages so much you could also become a writer and lean latin.

you need to learn at least the basics of sql, javascript and css. after that try to master your favorite one.

and do as said

Recently started using ReactJS. I actually like it a lot better than other front end frameworks I've used like Ember and Backbone.

tell that to all the developers maintaining cobol code you retard

You're a web dev who doesn't care about front-end development. Okay. Unless you only build APIs, you're retarded.

I've read enough times that I shouldn't. So I won't.

I want to learn proper SQL. My actual problem would be to develop the UI. As far as I know, SQL and MySQL are just for the backend, not the front end. I have no idea how to do the front end. HTML? PHP? Both, More? What's the obvious answer, from your developer's perspective?

Yeah, if you're a kid and want to learn programming, go ahead and lean Cobol by yourself. What a great idea. Be sure to never look at code from any relevant language.

Front-end is always a matter of fotw. Really don't give a shit about it. It'll give the same result anyway.

what are you even trying to get at? php is not dead, and wont be for at least another 20 years.

Sure buddy, sure.

>useless language
>makes over 100k a year

Could have doubled that if you had picked something interesting.

Yes, any db that isn't a POS like Access is only back-end. You need a web app that authenticates and executes stored procedures. ASP.NET is easy to learn if you're running Windows boxes.

i'm an 18 year old high school drop out making 80,000 a year in canada. i run my own company, developed myself, mostly done in php and then a little in python / shell

>OO casuel

Yea here

Fucking kek

As I suspected, you're retarded.

> useless language
> 80% of web runs on it

But learning ASP.NET will allow me to build the whole GUI? I mean the objects, buttons, forms, etc. Or just the procedures?

What do you do? I'm working for a company and only make $64K with 4 years experience. I am working on a project right now, just me and a few dirt cheap India devs. About 6 months of development and we're selling it for over a million dollars and we have only 2 customers so far. I asked for a 10% raise and they said they only had it in the budget to give me 6%. I realize that I can make million dollar projects mostly by myself so why aren't I working for myself?

Everything you're looking for. Visual Studio even allows you to do drag-and-drop WYSIWYG development... Although it's going to be total shit unless you actually learn to code. Get SQL Server Express and whatever they're calling the free version of VS these days. Plenty of "my first web app" tutorials online.

Yeah, Software Engineer here.

I started at 40k 2 years ago. I make 80k now. Interviewed at a different company recently that offered my 100k, but I decided to stay at my current company because I have upward mobility and I'm still learning new things every day. Still finishing my B.S. in Computer Science. Life is good.

I literally coded an entry level project that interacts with a networking software (not going to get into it). I only make 50% of the company's revenue though, the other 50% to the founder who came to me with the idea, we have done previous projects together that were non profit. I would say our profit margin is about 80% right now and will scale down to about 60% as we grow.

not sure what i would be making without my website though.. i don't do any freelance/part time work aside from it now.

K guys, hones question here. I've been learning python by myself, and I keep finding people saying it's shit.

Can you point me at the best option to learn instead of python? I have C# in mind, but I can't tell if it's a good choice.

I'm not up for the GUI, but the logic and the process. I'm trying to get into app dev for a few ideas of mine, and I could use a language that can get me there.

Just to be clear, stored procedures are written on the SQL server... Better take some basic DBA training while you're at it.

Reading all of your salaries and shit is starting to make me feel really anxious, guys.

I'm a 28 year old guy in Mexico who speaks english fluently, knows about db development (few months of development) and have 10 years of experience in the construction industry.

I'm barely making 30k a year, which is very very high for mexico standards.

What can I do to not suck so much at life? Should I go to the US? Canada? Work for companies in those countries from my country?

I'm seriously feeling very low right now.

>continued

revenue was really small at first, we had alot of partnerships/advertising that helped us get to where we are. we just did a promotion with a company that was featured on forbes.. been just over a year now.

Why would it scale down not up?

That's the advice I was expecting. Thanks, Cred Forumsro.

>db development
lol

server costs grow with the amount of users we have.

seems like you need to expand your knowledge a bit. db development / sql is kind of useless without at least a scripting language to go with it in my opinion.

>30k a year

You mean as 30k MXN or USD?

Also you're 28 and 10 years in construction... are you an albañil or something like that?

Learn C. It's pretty easy.

Thinking of going to college for coding. I've learned some lua and constantly help others with lua. It's fun but idk if a career path in coding is the way to go. Anything you guys can suggest me to learn before going to college if I do so?

If your user-base and infrastructure cost are negatively correlated, you're doing it wrong.

No, dude. I meant USD. People here wouldn't understand it in MXN.

I don't know man. You can't compare yourself to others. My friend is becoming a dentist. He has a year left, but when he works he makes over a thousand dollars a day. It sucks because I'm smarter than him, so I wonder why I just became a software dev. I didn't even consider other career paths. I just liked writing software so I went this route. I never really understood how important the decision was. I was 18 and knew nothing about the world when I decided the rest of my life.

Dude, nothing scales that way. You're definitely doing something extremely wrong.

I run a VPN provider, so its pretty hard to set up an infrastructure that has a a growing profit margin without overcharging.

I knew nothing about coding when I started university. It's really not needed. But I really like Node.js so I'd recommend that.

What do you do to get 30K USD in Mexico? Also you didn't answer my other question.

This. Dude has put together an absolute POS of a system if it's true.

...what?

That is not a real answer. You are literally describing a company that will fail if its product/service succeeds.

He should go down to 1 user. Get like 99% profit. Then scale HORIZONTALLY. Essentially have many environments with 1 user each. He'll have 99% profit total then, no matter how many users he has. If he goes the way he's going eventually he'll have 0.01% profit and make no monies :(

Brilliant!

I'm a contractor of multiple sorts of works, such as civil engineering project designs (roads, dams, etc.), 3D rendering, Architectural design, fucken Excel spreadshit optimization, also I manage a construction company (not mine).

I'm a college dropout. I've learned just too much about my industry but haven't gotten the most of it because reasons.

Python masterrace filthy faggots
Im gonna make AI and be hired for big companyes for pen testing while you live in your mother basements

first of all, i didn't set up the infrastructure or any of the networking. also the 80% to 60% is based on a 10 year time span..

I know exactly how you feel

nigga using those noob
{

}
brackets

so... we're turning those 30K USD to 600K MXN in current exchange rate...

far-fetched, but whatever.

I can’t even say what’s wrong with PHP, because – okay. Imagine you have uh, a toolbox. A set of tools. Looks okay, standard stuff in there.

You pull out a screwdriver, and you see it’s one of those weird tri-headed things. Okay, well, that’s not very useful to you, but you guess it comes in handy sometimes.

You pull out the hammer, but to your dismay, it has the claw part on both sides. Still serviceable though, I mean, you can hit nails with the middle of the head holding it sideways.

You pull out the pliers, but they don’t have those serrated surfaces; it’s flat and smooth. That’s less useful, but it still turns bolts well enough, so whatever.

And on you go. Everything in the box is kind of weird and quirky, but maybe not enough to make it completely worthless. And there’s no clear problem with the set as a whole; it still has all the tools.

Now imagine you meet millions of carpenters using this toolbox who tell you “well hey what’s the problem with these tools? They’re all I’ve ever used and they work fine!” And the carpenters show you the houses they’ve built, where every room is a pentagon and the roof is upside-down. And you knock on the front door and it just collapses inwards and they all yell at you for breaking their door.

That’s what’s wrong with PHP.

K I'm lurking. Can you elaborate on why haskell's better than py and C#?

> far fetched
what exactly?

I think c# is a great starting point to learn the ins and out of programming in general. All depends on what you want to achieve.

Any second year comp sci student would immediately raise their hand and ask "how the hell does it scale backwards?"

It's like saying "If I build a factory and build 1 car it will cost me $10,000 per car. If I build 50,000 cars it will cost $30,000 per car." THEN JUST BUILD A NEW FACTORY FOR EACH CAR! Except anyone can tell this is ass-backwards.

Learn a core language to learn that you can actually get a job with. I'd recommend PHP. It's very forgiving as apposed to a statically-typed language like Java, it's fairly easy to get started with and you can grow with it over time. Tons of documentation and tutorials out there. Also, there is a high demand for PHP.

My other advice would be to learn linux sooner rather than later. Unless you go to work in a microsoft shop, this skill set will serve you almost anywhere, regardless of what language you pick up.

One last thing, I'd recommend sticking to web development at first, then growing out of it. There is more low-hanging opportunity and it will be easier to get your foot in the door. Become a full-stack developer: learn a backend language (PHP), html, css, javascript, and linux. Keep strengthening your skillset in those areas for a few years and you'll be golden.

Even when you move on to other more advanced areas, those skillsets will still serve you well. I'd argue that you need to be skilled in web technologies, even if you aren't a web developer. Most software you'll work on will expose some form of web interface.

I feel you. I'm 25 and made only stupid decisions that just won't go away.

Again, not a real answer. You're making excuses for shitty solution architecture that doesn't scale.

Also, you're an 18 year old working at a small firm but somehow have 10+ year model of revenue? Sure.

50K MXN a month is kind of a lot... I get it that you're running a company and everything... It just doesn't compute to me.

But whatever.

At least you're 25 and you can still choose another career if you have the time.
Also, what do you do and how much do you do?, I'm assuming you were interested because we're paisanos.

Not everyone in Mexico is poor. In normal countries that salary is nothing.

I pay a student from that money, it happened last year and this year I'm still waiting for a lot of payments and I'm investing most of my money on getting those payments rather than investing in myself... have family and kids. And sometimes I "outsource" stuff. What do you do mane?

fair enough. really haven't gotten a chance to focus on the business side of anything yet. pretty much no knowledge when it comes to it. really just been focusing on putting out market ready software. y'know

Yeah. I'm 26 and regret all my major decisions. I regret the car I bought, the condo I bought, everything.

thanks.

I'd like a response to this

Functional programming, homie

VPN is a service not a software. Apparently you don't know shit about the tech either. And if you say you are making VPN software... FUCKING LOL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT SHIT.

28. Regret Major in Web dev, regret attempting game dev. Regret th student debt. Jobless with a PC and bag of clothes. Should have been a fucking chiropractor or some shit.

Actually I'm the same user you just replied, so maybe that tells you a lot about what you asked. Greentexting:

>skip a year before uni
>Get into Int. Trade bc why the fuck not
>I had no plan for the future, so I just cope with the idea of four years of my life on it.
>I get how life works (specially in Mexico), but decide it's not my buzz.
>Needless to say mom&dad did nothing for me to get moving with life (parenting and such)
>graduate at 23 and start working before getting my title
>last year quit an entry level job that paid fairly (8K/month)
>nowdays I got no title yet (working on it) and still living with parents as I don't have an income

aaaand that's pretty much it. I got interested in programming bc IT guy at my job was busy and wouldn't attend my needs on our software.

I'll be free from uni 'till next April, and don't have the drive to apply for jobs in my state bc most companies are full of shit.

Justkillmenow.jpg

And no, I didn't ask you bc we were co nationals, but bc what you said about moving out of Mx to earn more, yet getting 30K/year

I'll admit, PHPs standard library is kind of fucked. And the naming convention that the language follows isn't anywhere close to consistent. I write PHP at my day job, and admittedly I enjoy using strongly-typed languages more than PHP.

With that being said, you can write bad code in any language. I've seen applications written in PHP, Python, and Java that will make you want to jab your eyes out, Also, I've seen applications written in PHP that are quite elegant.

There's no such thing as bad code, just bad people.

>thinking $96k is "fair" for entry level
>being this retarded

Its both a service and software once you have your own apps/software developed

I know. Leaving aside that the exchange rate went sky high, the cost of living in Mx does not compare to that in the US, so it kinda compensates.

Also the age and not having a degree, yet running a company sounds a lot like Mexico, but rarely that ends up well for everybody.

A friend's grandfather has not even high school, yet he's a consultant for big firms as VW here in Puebla, so that might be also his case, but knowing how Mexico works... you get suspicious.

Can't tell if trolling or not.

I get that it sounds like a lot to most people. But keep in mind the following things:
> babies are expensive and literally full of shit
> brother, sister (both older) and mother would pretty much be homeless without me
> I work my ass off from 7:30am to fucking 10:00 pm.
> I'm in the process of getting divorced because I don't even want to have sex with my wife because I have a terrible head ache every fucking night
> Can't afford a lawyer to help me get the money I should be getting
> Don't have free time
> The construction industry equals corruption, fuck this shit

Dude, I haven't even bought shoes in like 6 months. Also, I owe money to Hacienda.

I wanna get the fuck out of this shithole of a country ASAP.

Oh, so you're trying the Service-as-a-Software model? Yea, that's definitely bound to work. >_>

Just started teaching myself coding a little over a year ago for fun & to try and work on an idea I've had on my own. Working on my 1st big project now - using Javascript (React/Redux, using Firebase as data store/auth solution). I'm definitely into it and want to learn more about CS in general.

Why not use git?

>chiropractor

Fun fact. My father atm is 56, and got himself into chiro the same year I got into uni for a Trade degree (2010). 3 years ago he graduated and to this day he earns more than I do and got a lot of future on it... whereas I spend my nights at Cred Forums and not being able to support myself.

>Service-as-a-Software model
yes that is exactly what we are doing. whats wrong with it? like i said i'm not a business man, just a web developer that owns half of a company.

It is in my state. In here that's the average income, that's why I can't wait for it to be April '17, so I can get out of this shit hole.

The funny thing is that people my age and degree take jobs that pay half of that money, just to get a job.

There's just one of my classmates that's doing better, but that's bc he's half Japanese and his family has connections with big firms in CDMX, otherwise he'd be homeless (wasn't the brightest of all).

LMAO

Service-as-a-software. That's some good fucking shit.

It's not a real model...

I get you, and that's one of the reasons why I don't want to get into job market... I was for two years and I got fed up of it.

atm I'm living a simple life, yet richer than it would if I worked from 9 to 5 (just a say, actually is 8 to 7)... That's why I said getting into the market and doing what I should do to get to the top of the industry is just not my buzz.

I'm not into kissing ass, nor getting things just bc I'm the friend of a guy or something. Yet that's how Mexico works, and you either cope with it, or you get out of it or, as in my case, starve to death ( I can only afford 1 meal a day).

Anyway, I think you should get out of Mexico asap. I would if I had the money for it, but I'm currently living below my needs.

Then is LISP not better?

I have no idea where you live but it is not on Earth.

Does web development pay more than writing driver firmware?

Which comp sci field pays the absolute most?

Can you go far with just an associates degree?

Going back to school for computer science, any general advice greatly appreciated.

I've been learning a lot of web development recently. Right now, I'm stuck between choosing web development and software development. I enjoy both about equally, but I do think we're moving more toward web-based technology.

I have a 2-year degree in software development with plans to get my first menial job and pay my way through an affordable online bachelor's degree program at WGU. On the side, I also plan on building up a decent portfolio.

Do you guys think a portfolio + a degree will be enough to get a job in web development if I choose that route?

One thing I used to preach to my colleagues when I stopped studying was to reject bad salaries. The fact that people do something for such low amounts of payment makes it very hard for everyone, including the companies that pay such low salaries. Everyone ends up becoming mediocre.

I have no idea about how much you can get as an Int. Trade graduate because I only have two examples and both ended up making music for a living. What you should do is learn programming and get the fuck out of this country, like I'm thinking right now. Really, that's what we should do.

And by the way, your story sounds A FUCK LOT like a lot of people I know. A lot, you have no idea. It's like 1% of people with a degree who actually do something useful with it. Here, in MX. That says a lot about us.

Degree or a portfolio really, depending on where you apply it.

As long as you can demonstrate that you understand, have the ability to learn etc then you will be fine.

Puebla Mexico. It's like the Cleveland of the US. I was about to say Detroit, but there are worse states than mine.

enough with the mexico shit

Been thinking of getting my degree in computer science and then immediately bailing on this country. Never returning, just starting fresh in Canada.

Thanks, I hope so!

Should be enough. And web dev and software dev are on in the same. My title is "Software Engineer" and I work almost exclusively with web technologies. Also, I got my job with no degree. Just a portfolio and web development skillsets. I'm in the process of finishing a B.S. in Computer Science.

Do you know linux and git?

That would be a bright idea, dude. All of these guys with their first world problems not appreciating the stuff they have around is starting to give me good ideas.

I love you man.

>forgot pic

You better vote trump. Two hungry mexicans are soon to invade your countries and we ain't going back

Really interesting, thanks!

I know git - don't know a thing about Linux though. Definitely willing to learn, though.

im canadian so fuck off to the USA

Lol I have lifelong permanent debt slavery. That's not much to appreciate. I already went to college before but it didn't pan out and I couldn't find a job over $11/hr.

All I want to do is finish college in computer science again, and fucking BAIL on the debt. This country gave me nothing but slavery and poverty.

Someone please answer my questions here. Which specialization for computer science pays the most in general? Especially Canada.

This thread gives me hope for the future. Thanks, Cred Forumsros

i can tell you for a fact i live in calgary alberta and you will get a job if you are an app developer

There's a lot of people like me, at least those I know from my uni years. I pity on those who take those jobs too, but sometimes it's your best call.

Anyway, I'm not fleeing from Mexico. I know I can do something to get turn things for the better, but I haven't found the conditions in here to do so.

If you're going for Canada, you should get into engineering. It doesn't matter much which one you get, but CS. You can learn CS by yourself with the background that an engineering provides on math and such.

Just set up your own server, or virtual server

So apps are a good way to go? What is that exactly, java right?

glad i started it. thanks for pointing out shitty system architecture Cred Forumsros, going to hire someone that actually knows what there doing to set it up properly so i'm not overpaying.

>engineering
dont listen to this

not entirely sure. i know you have to use xCode to make iOS apps and then there is an engine for google apps? something like that

I have absolutely zero passion for any and all things construction related. I worked in construction for 6 years and it left me in poverty. I have a real distaste for anything about building shit.

Only interested in comp sci right now.

You guys don't see web development going away anytime soon, right?

cant tell if troll or retarded

What he means is if you don't see web development being mostly done by 50 cent per hour Indian/Chinese scum.

If you can't figure that out then you're the retard.

It's like I wrote that post myself

Np! It's good that you know git, a lot of new people don't. I didn't know git when I started. Even just having a basic understanding of it makes you more marketable.

Yeah, the linux command-line is also great to know. Udemy has some really good courses on linux. There's also some good youtube tutorials out there. Get a VPS with Ubuntu installed and just playing around with it. You could start by getting a basic web server going. Learn how to install/configure Apache, PHP, and MySQL.

VPS's are super-cheap. Digital Ocean's lowest tier is $5/month digitalocean.com/pricing/#droplet

There area different types of engineering, not only 'civil' or mechanic...

You could get into industrial engineering, maybe, or something like that. I think getting into CS is a bad idea. Most of the CS guys I know are lame and live shitty lifes bc, at least here in Mx, that degree enslave you to the commands of your employer, unless you get your own startup.

If you happen to get out of Mx, that might improve, but think that moving out might not happen overnight, so you'll have to handle shitty wages for shitty jobs in shitty companies for a while.

What do you consider reasonably ambitious?

Should I start with Java and C#? Maybe throw in some javascript and html in there? I don't know how big web development will be in the future with all these do-it-yourself web builders and Indian/Chink depreciation in the field.

That helps a ton, thanks again.

hahahahahaha

use to host my VPN servers on there, would constantly get suspended from random DMCA claims without any heads up. switched and they contacted us asking if we would do a partnership deal... not a chance!

Engineering does the exact same shit lol. I know guys with engineering degrees who can't find work.

What is Mx? I'm looking for my first job to be just 40-50k a year, just enough money to save up and move to Canada ASAP. In Canada I'll shoot for 100k+ after a few years experience.

Is an associate's alone enough to get a 120k job in Canada? Will work experience make up the rest?

>mostly done by 50 cent per hour Indian/Chinese scum.

That's already happening, tho. Indians are getting into it too, and for a lower pay, as usual.

Also I've read that as startups ain't getting as much founding and success, coding is loosing it's appeal. It's also true that there are still tons of vacancies for CS people in the US, but as coding becomes a standard requirement, you can't just make a living out of it.

more like 100k, but yeah

>slave to degree
>industrial engineering
>slave to industrial companies for life
>gradually declining salaries since 2012 due to shit tier indian engineers
>multibillion dollar companies constantly cutting corners, salary is first to go

>comp sci
>insane amount of options and specializations
>teaches you to build your own web business
>Can job hop for higher pay with new specializatins

Fuck are you dumb?

Alright, guys, I'm working towards a Computer Science degree but don't know shit about coding.
What do?

Neither. Go straight to functional. It is mathematically beautiful and efficient as fuck. NEVER LEARN JAVA. All these OO pawns make me sick. If you want OO maybe go scala or ruby. I would say learn you soem erlang or haskell. Java is for the retarded masses. C/C++ is only for if you are running some computationally intensive processes (such as generating or analyzing massive amounts of data).
Honestly webdev is kind of gross and worthless, all the mooooney is in backend code. Front end I can just contract off to the bindies.
ALSO FUCK CODE MONKEYS. LEARN THEORY YOU FUCKING PAWNS.

if anyone needs a web based php/sql store front or a database system for enterprise resource planning(to manage companies, employees, hours, calenders, inventory, accounting, invoicing, assets, essentially everything etc.) get in touch with me on instagram @jacobpossibly or call my my number is on possibly.click

Damn near the same thing. Nomenclature aside.

Something you trust you can do yourself.

>this

even my startup, we freelance east indians because they work for half what others do. we even pay them disgusting fixed rate jobs that they get done without any complaints.

work towards another degree...

I'm looking for suggestions here

What is OO and what is functional?

object orientated

look into it

its all about python; the best web apps in the world are built on django framework i.e pinterest, instagram etc...

Okay. I want to write driver software. Is that a good career path? Want to stay away from web and apps. I figure those Indians and Chinks will depreciate those fields within the next 10 years.

the one that is most miserably complicated and rare

OO -> Object oriented. Functional -> functional. Now you are a big boy right? Put those coding skills to work and evoke some answers from google...

So web development sucks?

If you're young and you like games, could be a Game
If you've already worked in an office as an administrative type of guy, try an ERP

Depends on your background and your interests, what do you do or what have you done?

Popular does not mean best. Python isn't bad, but there are still much better languages. There is no such thing as a perfect one all language. Different languages have different strengths. I can do amazing shit in prolog for example that i couldn't do nearly as well in other languages. Then again i wouldn't use prolog for the majority of projects. Learn all you can and be flexible. Don't be a one and done fucktard who describes their primary language like a fucking twat brain.

no website idea? = don't bother

Doesn't make sense to me. Every business, large or small, needs a website.

Which can be done by a do-it-yourself web builder or some Indian slave.

literally had 1-3 small time gigs before i decided to persue my own startup. i make 80k a year now. i really hope this isn't true though, because i would love to lock down a steady web development job that pays well.

Yeah, but they're not the best when it comes to adding functionality and being dynamic.

What the fuck are you people talking about

That's not necessary for 90% of businesses.

>date] [Auto] 6
80k is kind of shit. I can make more being code monkey java cancer retard and not own my own worthless business.

da fewtility of mawden leff

80k is not bad if you work part time running a business.

any of you niggers use game maker to program games?

can just use a facebook page.

>high school dropout
>no portfolio / stack / git
>little to no references in web dev
>18 years old

i work 1-2 hours a day MAX
??!??

>this

The problem with you is that you can't think beyond your fears. Have you ever looked at how many companies are in the stock market? Now try to imagine how many other companies exist. Do you think you can't fool them into thinking you're the only one who can make the website they need? Just look at how Trump is getting bigger and bigger, he takes advantage of people's ignorance. He makes them believe he's "the one". How many people support a bad politician like him? A fuck ton. It's basic math, nigger.

O I see, I guess that's why your company evaluation is worthless.

if anything, youve proven why fooling people into 'needing services' is a dying act

i've been trying to get this to work but i couldnt figure out how to setup a mail server

discourse.org

>debating over Python
>says Python is bad
>learn C instead
>mfw

>i'm seventeen and can do my informatics homework

Lmao nice. Proceed you haxx0rs

Trump's getting bigger and bigger because he already has billions. WHen you have that much money, it just remakes itself.

You're right, a lot of people are stupid and you can capitalize on that. I'm just having self doubts about investing yet another 4 years of my ife into another degree after the first one fell flat on its face. I really want to do comp sci, but I jut don't know anymore.

How is this not just a shittier version of Slack? Not trying to be a dick, but in the tech world its all about timing. You seemed to have missed the train on this one.

If someone needs a website, why wouldn't they get the shit tier mutlibillion dollar company with indian slaves for 1/4 the price of an american owned startup?

user, plz.

Also you are not Jeff Atwood. So yea don't take credit for stackoverflow you 18 year old twat.

Marketing 102
>Because they don't know that they don't know. >You need to make them need it.

Python master race
>come at me niggers

the point is to own your own independent user moderated web forum /social network

at this point i can give a fuck less what its written in

The thing with indians is you can't trust their work, and you have to micro-manage them and hold their hand every step of the way or else they run amuck. No accountability. No reliability.

>1940's
> it worked with hitler
>2016
> it works with trump
>is a dying act

Nigga, it's in the human brain, wtf are you on about?

LOL good luck hiring an American independent consultant for 10x the cost of those indian code monkeys to clean up their fucking mess 3 months later.

Wanna add a new function on your website? Oops, sorry that conflicts with one of the 50 lines of code they put in to add a single JPEG. Now you gotta hire a real programmer for cleaning duty.

You're actually adding an american job by hiring indians. Good luck with that.

i have a russian programmer that babysits them.

in a smaller scope, we begin to 'move away' from
>the need for centralized authority

the time we are in is the painful transition

wtf is going on with my thread

do you need people to hire your services "the time we are in" or in 100 years?

Was about to write this. It's like you retards don't even know Cred Forums isn't the only board.

theres other boards?

Cred Forums has even shitter responses than Cred Forums and it's fucking slow as fuck.

Really, move to Canada? CAD is worth like 3/4 of USD, and the economy is shit right now. You would probably need close to a decade of experience just to get anywhere near 100k. Many mid-level software positions are around $50k. As a Canadian, I'd consider moving to the states.

Where are the fucking jobs in the USA? NYC, Cali maybe? I can't find any decent ones. Don't those rich companies just outsource?