What's the best smartphone on the market right now, and why?

what's the best smartphone on the market right now, and why?

can't get the Oneplus 3 because it's not offered with my plan. leaning towards the HTC 10 or the Galaxy S7.

iPhone 7

unlocked nexus master race reporting in

/thread

wait a bit for the lg v20 to release in the us, its gonna be a hell of a god phone

So, what you are saying is that you want a new phone, but you actually don't have the money to buy it. So if you can't afford it, why are you just amortizing more debt you can't afford?

Sounds a lot like the entire US economy all in single post.

jesus this is autistic. how is wanting to spend $200 with a plan rather than $530 off-plan amortizing debt?

Because you obviously want the One plus 3 and there isnt a phone produced today that is bound to a single network. So not available on a plan is a load of shit. You just aren't willing to go out and buy it.

oneplus 3: $530
any other phone: $200 or less if i buy from my carrier

any questions?

Where are you from? Because almost all cellular companies have a varied rate for plan with and without hardware where I am.

a finance genius.

Cellular rate plans are structured using a number of components to determine cost. 1st is support cost volatility. How often do you call in because you need help. Second is the target revenue per user. Third is the hardware amortization cost. Number 3 does not apply when you have your own hardware, so rate plan cost goes down. And if it doesn't, I hate to say it but you are being fucked.

Wrong on all accoutns my friend.

nexus 6p is godly. I will only wait for an lg v20 over it.

nexus 6p has more pixels than newest iphone. More storage even at minimum. Costs less. Superior customizability. Godly Battery Life. Frequent updates.

Best 400 dollars i ever spent m8.

Anyway, oneplus 3 is a wicked phone. Just don't do stupid shit.

I've been considering the Oneplus 3. How noob-friendly is it to a poor heretic coming from an iPhone 5s?

+1 for high end droid.

I like the oneplus 3 because you can get it as a dual sim device. Work can pay for their half, and I get to turn it off at the end of the day.

I got an s7 edge a few weeks ago.

I was going to get the HTC 10 but the lack of water proofing held me back.

I've had htc and Samsung in the past and my previous Samsung experience have been average but the s7 is on a new level.

Love this phone.The camera is amazing.

I would recommend a wrap around cover though as the edge display would smash easy.

Lg V20 imo... And they offer updates pretty quick, wich is important when chosing an android phone

With Apple, you buy an experience. It all feels the same, maybe a bit quicker, better resolution. But when you go droid, you are getting what could be defined as a collection of best practices. Of course if some new software solution gets pushed in a release, you have to be prepared for the change. But I'd go droid any day

Yeah. I love how nice and snappy Apple devices are, but I hate their forced obsolescence every 2-3 years. I can't afford and have no desire to be on the cutting edge of technology, I don't at all mind paying less for an older device. But I do want to hold onto my stuff for 5-7 years, not have to upgrade all the time. The headphone jack thing was the last straw, I can't handle either fragile proprietary BS (lightning) or expensive, fragile, easy to lose, battery-powered, and battery killing wireless headphones.

HTC 10

apple makes amazing phones, there's no doubting that. but the problem with apple is that they corner you to do everything the way THEY want you to, and to spend whatever THEY want you to or else they make your life a living hell.

they work amazingly but only if you use it alongside your macbook, ipad, and all apple software. nevermind about apple care, which will fuck you sideways at every turn.

the phone itself is amazing, but the small print and technicalities that comes with using apple just isn't worth it IMO

I agree... The hardware engineering and build is top notch, but you get suckered into their BS ecosystem. And at a heft price.

If I had to sum up a few, I've always felt that Samsungs feel a bit cheap. They are really good, bit for some reason I'm drawn to the nice machine work of oneplus 3 or HTC. It's probably superficial, but I like the metal housing instead of plastic. But the actual guts and components that drive a Samsung are extremely good quality. LG has had some ups and downs, so it really depends on the exact model. But they have definitely had some winners and are worth considering.

i agree. Went into best buy and used iphone 7 and was almost suckered into its beauty. it really is beatiful and somewhat envy the design and weight it just felt perfect in the hand. However i can accomplish more on my android and personally it does everything i need it to and always finds way to impress me.

not to mention all the pros:emulating games, torrenting movies and books, Cred Forums webms, google go is dope, multi tasking on different websites. ios has become increasingly more stable than what it was a few years ago.
When comparing ios is more composed and attractive. But android is like a funhouse you can play with, really up to the imagination what you can do

sorry i meant android has become more stable than it was years ago

Agree'd... And it's funny you say that because the longer you have owned a droid the more likely you are to have encountered a situation where you have overcome any imposed limitations through a creative solution... They are sort of a Pandora's box. Anything is possible. Maybe not easy, but definitely possible.

there's no objectively best smartphone. it really depends on what you look for in a smartphone in terms of features, size, battery life, screen, UX, price etc.

Galaxy S7 Edge.

Waterproof
Samsung Pay
Best camera in the business
Long battery life
Gorgeous display
Headphone jack
Gear VR compatability (seriously buy it)
Fast and wireless charging
/thread

>headphone jack
kek

Brought a note 5 worst phone ever
Hardware sould be good ruined by samsung crap software I should have stuck with htc my old m8 is still better, no cyanogen either on samsung shit chips
LG v20 looks dope will buy ASAP
Fuk Samsung

at least it didn't blow up. yet

Satan thanks you for being an ignorant cuck.

Note 3 or 4 cuz it just werks