What does Cred Forums think of this? I use to disagree, but I'm starting to come around

What does Cred Forums think of this? I use to disagree, but I'm starting to come around.

If you make an innocent person suffer, you have become a guilty person.

Somewhat of the opposite, and not for the sake of being edgy. Overpopulation is a problem, and if we could lower that on a criminal basis, this world would be a lot more cooperative, obedient, and there racism would be non-existent since there would only be one race standing.

Not really relevant to the quote though. Would you be ok with locking up one innocent dude if that meant putting 10 mass murderers and rapers behind bars?

It's the complete antithesis of "social" justice, where individuals are sacrificed for group causes.

Wait so your solution is to lock up more people? You know it costs on average $20,000 a day to keep a person in jail?

I used to disagree with Blackstone's quote, justifying my thinking by saying that if someone who was "innocent" was forced to serve a sentence or deal with a legal penalty, then they were probably up to no good anyway. People who are completely dissociated with illegal situations usually aren't arrested.

However, I suppose that innocent people are framed and I currently tend to agree with Blackstone. For those that have watched shows on this type of stuff ("Making A Murder" comes to mind right away) you all know what I am talking about.

Isn't that exactly how a functioning society should be though? You've got to accommodate to the absolute worst people to make certain good people don't get the raw end of the stick. Drugs are illegal because people abuse them and get murdery and rapey; and here I am, a responsible drug user, being kicked in the nuts because of junkies who make bad decisions and ruin it for the rest of us.

HAHAHA KED LOL XD

I agree completely, this is the basis of the Western justice system.

No system is perfect, some innocent people will be punished, but the highest principle is that the innocent should be protected. If you don't have this as a guide, things can quickly devolve into 5 innocent people getting sacrificed to get 5 guilty ones. Or throwing out fair trials all together, and assuming that anyone arrested by the police must be guilty of something. Then to have any trials at all just invites the chance of the guilty or a terrorist going free, and in the name of public safety we can't allow that, can we? That is what it becomes.
Of course how safe is the public, if innocent people are being sent to prison?

no

>Overpopulation is a problem

It really isn't though

I agree with this a lot more than the original

Well, a good start would be making all right exclusive for people outside of prison cells, that way we can use them for forced labor by whatever coercive means necessary. Make a point system where people serving life sentences have so many points where they're executed on accumulated points and signed by the warden, not the judge to avoid legal fees.

And criminals with recidivism are basically a straight to execution once they're nabbed. Executions won't be cost effective since they'll be used for human testing, and if they die, then that's their sentence, but so long as they continue to live, they will continue to be tested on for the benefit of medical science. If they survive all methods of testing, then they need to be forced to work to accumulate the cost of the bullet and the paycheck of their executioner. This should be allowed for public display to let society know that they're an example for people who commit crime, and morality be damned.

What's this suppose to be? Sir Will.I.Am Blackskin?

Human consumption is and the more you populate, the more you consume. So yes, population is a problem.

How's not?

Yeah it it you fucking spastic.

Monstrous. Not only would this incentivize imprisoning innocent people, but would further expand the already ridiculous prison industrial complex.

If you would advocate these policies, in what way are you any better than the people that you would be locking up and turning into slaves?

More people also produce more

Alright, define what you mean by overpopulated and show me that we are in fact overpopulated.

The one in favor of an economy that has few crimes, obedient upstanding members of society, and taxes would be reduced since criminals live on it. Criminals are violent by aggressive behavior, whereas my response is logical and systematic form of a self-sustaining society. You have a choice to contribute to society by choice, and if you chose to deviate from that, you'll contribute to society coercively. You don't see the logic in that?

It's more of the outcome of produces harmful chemicals into the air, destroying the ozone layer, and climate changes by our doing. You may have a point that humanity is not at full capacity of the earth, but this problem needs to be addressed and worked on before it becomes such a problem in collaboration with its over demanding flow of resource consumption.

What are your standards for who is considered a criminal in this society? How do you ensure that an upper class doesn't form which abuses the system that you have proposed to enslave innocent men or merely expand the law so that anything is now a crime in order to further their own power? Is only violent crime punishable with slavery or are white collar criminals going to become slaves as well?

Can you honestly tell me that you have never violated any law of any sort?

Well it's a crime if it's been document and established in the records. There are recognizable weight of crimes, sure, but it's all based on a case-by-case basis. A crime like eating a grape at the grocery store will be overlooked, but embezzlement or armed robbery will be taken with serious gravity. It depends on how much money is granted into these investigations so it's much harder to find white collar crimes since they proxy their finances to a complex list of actions that investigators don't have the resources for. It is up to whistleblowers and even hackers who exploit this kind of corruption as they have with banks in the past. If you can figure out how to find wall street's tactics in hiding money, I'm all ears, but we have to work with the system we have in place before we can evolve to new and cost-effective measures.

The basic objective of telling society to not do is this: don't do a crime that's going to land you doing hard time in prison.

And while a lot of crimes may be debatable, we should look into legalizing many things that we can profit from as a tax revenue so long as everything is done voluntarily in a less regulated economy.

>03:33:33

Damn dude go buy a lottery ticket