Hey Cred Forums, trying to quit drinking and smoking weed

Hey Cred Forums, trying to quit drinking and smoking weed

I do both excessively and I'm about to start school so I think it would be a good opportunity to change.

Any withdrawal I should expect?
Any other people getting clean?
Does it make a difference?

Bump for discussion

Cold turkey faggot

Bumping lonely junkie thread.
Grow a pair, faggot.

unless you drink 500ml+ of liquour every night you will be fine

You make it will be so hard. Lmao. Try coming clean off Cocaine, Vicodin, Xanax, and lean all at the same time. Stupid nigs.

6 pack of malt a night usually

That would be terrible, lucky for me I'm only a pot head drunk

Weed is pretty easy to quit. I'm about 2 weeks off now. I used to smoke about 2-3 bowls a day for about 10 years now. I've been having super bad anxiety related to it so I've just lost interest in smoking. Never been much of a drinker so can't offer any advice on that.

>weed
>withdrawal
gr8 b8 m8

i feel you on the bad anxiety, been smoking 1-2 grams a day for a few years now, and it turns me into an autist. need to quit, not OP btw.

Smoking still calms me down, anxiety while sober used to be manageable but now its unbearable.

One of the reasons I want to quit to be honest

How are you when sober?

I wish weed had this effect on me. I love to get ripped but I started having really bad panic attacks after I'd smoke a bit. Now I can't even take a toke because I'm afraid I'll have another panic attack.

i feel shit, but when i fap to brad pitt i relax for a while than i go smoke again

Lol blyad

your heart is going to stop beating keep doing drugs until you get old

>am pharmacist

There's always a risk of seizures when it comes to alcohol withdrawal or benzo withdrawal. If you aren't prone to seizures, it should be alright but not worth the risk. Do you ever get the shakes when coming off of alcohol? Nothing to do with seizures but it's due to a sharp rise in blood pressure, usually the first indication of withdrawal. If you don't then I wouldn't be too worried about withdrawal outside of some night sweats/anxiety if you even get that. It's always good to consult a doctor in person if you can.. valium/librium is typically used to prevent seizure risk and lower blood pressure if it's needed. If you can go 48 hours without suffering any issues then no worries. Weed results in psychological withdrawal but is pretty painless to quit.

lick frogs it's the best and only way to get high
>am frog

but i can get muh percocets and dilaudid no problem

i'm pretty normal when i'm sober.

but when i smoke weed i don't want to talk to anyone. it makes me very anti social. i like weed, but it sucks when i have to go out to do shit, because my bodylanguage is as stiff as a board and i feel nervous for no reason.

also over analyze everything i say, and just end up not saying anything at all when high with others. it's embarrassing, maybe i should start drinking instead lol.

It used to lift my anxiety completely, even when I'd sober up I could feel more relaxed. But now unless I'm high, I have sweaty palms and worry about the dumbest shit. Thanks for commenting user

Hmm, maybe I should try the Brad Pitt method

Weed has made me a fucking recluse. I used to go out and shit, now I don't give a fuck about anybody or anything.

I don't know if I like that better than my regular over worrying self or not.

8 months sober off both here. You feel more clear headed after the first six months. No withdrawal unless you're a raging alcoholic. Get clean, you'll thank yourself later. You might even get into self development and get a drive to become successful. I did.

Trying to brag because you're irresponsible and destroy your body more then he does? He asked for advice.

Interesting user, thanks for the post.

Did you only start noticing more clearness after six months? Or did you start noticing changes sooner?

looks like weed isnt that healthy after all...

I have nothing against weed, I know a lot of people who smoke and have no problems at all. Its definitely a me issue.

Also nothing is healthy in excess. But excess is the only amount I know.

anyone else gets extreme vivid dreams when quitting weed after a long time?

yes, especially the first few days, i also wake up drenched in sweat frequently.

I haven't been able to sleep

I think one of the worst parts about getting clean was realizing that most of my friends were only friends because we drank and got high together. Get ready to find some new friends.

currently getting clean my self, done it before for 2 years and can attest it was the best i felt in my whole life at the time. being clear headed and focusing on creative pursuits with sober intensity is great. also got layed way more and sex is 1,000 X better. still do psychedelics on occasion, they help me stay on the path seems to be working for me good luck OP

Thanks user, hope it works out for you as well!

Start taking Modafinil for school man. Works a treat

this. for me there was a bit of an emotional grind for the first few months but once you get over the hurdle shit just keeps getting better and you get to know yourself and what you wan tout of life better. there are paces you can go to talk but dont get brain washed by AA/NA. that shit can help for sure but don't drink the cool aid, a lot of the times meetings are pity party's. see a doctor for a check up if you're scared of withdrawal, and therapist can be helpful if your having mega anxiety. these are just things that worked for me though everyones different. good luck duder

hell yes. intense dreams and even on rare occasion something I would call a spiritual experience.

get a melatonin supplement, shit works

thank you. one more thing i wanted to mention, for me getting into running helped me a ton. getting that natural seratonin release did wonders for me during early recovery in the past during those days of anxiety and depression. find some physical activity that suits you, i skateboard to work from brooklyn to midtown manhattan almost everyday now and feel emotionally invincible by the time i get to work.

its possible to goto school as long as you retrict alcohol to one night ber week (any night, but only once per seven days) and no weed. unless a girl wants you to smoke weed, then smoke that shit.

You may have an issue with sleeping, especially with quitting weed.

Try take up some kinda exercise, either running or cycling will help quite a lot.