Post 10/10 Albums

Post 10/10 Albums

^ this

and on that note

>inb4 endless list of completely indistinguishable heavy metal albums

>completely indistinguishable heavy metal
if that's your take you don't really understand metal music. Maybe it's simply not your taste and your inability to distinguish between them is exactly that, YOUR inability. The metal posted thus far all stands it's own ground quite well.

Anyways here's some godly electronic.

>you don't really understand metal music
>because metal is really deep and beyond my comprehension

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

this made me cream

for jolly and sunny days

Mah google

>maxwells silver hammer
>polythene Pam
>sun King
Not 10/10, not even top 3 Beatles.

fuck that album was cool. Unexpected from them but so great

Abbey road is the best plebby

Loved the 70's influences

No this is, pleb

since when Cred Forums went full Cred Forums

actually 10/10

Rubber so I'd for our mom's bro, abbey road is the most intellectual

You're a joke

I'm convinced there's only one fag that genuinely likes Marina and the Diamonds, and he's the same fag that posts her pics in 10/10 threads and ironically posts videos of her in /wsg/. Because she looks and sounds like shit.

how did this thread even get replies with that shitty start

Like 7/10 for sounding so damn old and dated

White light and this are both 10/10s tbh

It was an important transitional album but it was not their best album overall.
The white album had some bad songs but 3/5 of my favorite Beatles tracks are on there

Who's the joke here? White Album is easily more "intellectual" if thats you thing, fuck even Magical Mystery Tour is "deeper" than Abbey Road

You just don't get her, you need to have a certain level of interlect to unterstand Marinas genius

actually if you goto the celeb thread she's being posted right now by the samefag

>most intellectual
>thinks this is a good argument
>is probably a pretentious pseudo-intellectual
>probably doesn't even understand music or play an instrument.
Rubber is the best along with revolver. Best melodies, best lyrics, no bad songs, majority classic songs.

More cohesive and entertaining album then any of Beatles later ones

Period piece. You suffer from nostalgia.

Teenagers that never got over their classic rock phase and don't let themselves enjoy pop or new rock, and also think there's absolutely no merit in hiphop.

Pseud.

Yip.

Agree, Revolver kicks ass!

Yea actually though I was about to say... If your gauge for good music is how "intellectual" it is, white album should be your favorite.

plebs.listen to more music

best bowie album

>Royal Trux
>implying the 60s weren't the greatest era for music in history
Can't tell if you're joking.

I don't know where I said the 60s weren't the best era.
indeed they were,but surely not because of rock alone,most of the best records of the 60s aren't rock,but jazz.
Still some great rock records,like velvet underground,zappa,captian,Tim buckley,David peel,jefferson airplane etc,
but the best rock era is by far the 90s imo.

My favorite Zappa album

amen user, can't stand when nobodies describe music as "intellectual" as a positive characteristic. Great music is designed to be felt more than thought about, debated over, or glorified by those with no sense of how to make music whatsoever. Funny how so many of the most aggressive, elitist music "fans"/critics have zero experience trying to create their own. Not necessarily an accurate description of this exchange but it's an accurate observation nonetheless. If you don't write music yourself, or play an instrument, your only valid criticisms of music is how it made you feel, that's it. There's nothing intellectual that you have to offer because the "intellectual" side of music stems from how it's created and the reasons WHY different music makes you feel different things.

I only used the word intellectual when I thought I was talking to someone dumb. I actually meant to use the word to describe the music itself as intellectual; he had called out maxwell's silver hammer. Design is what makes music intellectual, imo

correct. Now I just wish this translated more into film. It seems the only filmmaker that works in this way today is PTA and it sucks because his fans are always the biggest pseudo intellectual analyst types.

>being this much of a pompous "intellectual"
>"design is what makes music intellectual"
>still doesn't understand anything about music or even plays an instrument.
>probably thinks abbey road is genius because the songs blend at the end
>will never understand music emotionally.

The fact that you would use the word to describe anything about music at all shows you are actually the stupid person here. When I talk to people like you in real life I'm always internally raging.

I'm saying emotion in music is slightly more important than music being intellectually designed.
>green text

There are alot of people on Cred Forums that unironically like her

But Marina is just a worse Version of Charli

I feel the need to talk down to you Mr internally raging

Am I the only one that listens to Dylan for his music and barely even gives a shit about his lyrics. Everyone I know talks about how amazing and poetic desolation row is and I'm just alone grooving out to Tom Thumbs Blues.

Forgot pic

Can't argue with that. btw I want to fuck charli xcx so bad

Literally your go to argument for why Abbey is better than Rubber is "it's more intellectual." There's no way out of this one buddy your just a straight up meat head.

Who doesn't?

there's also a lot of people on Cred Forums that fit this description
I'm not actually familiar with her music, so i have no hand in this, just pointing that out...

You daft motherfucker. Abbey Road is both

The hilariously ironic thing about this is that most modern pop music is intellectually designed to be emotional.

muh bruh

Yoooooo this is my shit.

I like Koloss a bit more though, has a more cerebral quality I dig about it. Behind the Sun and Demiurge are some all time favorites for the genre.

That's not hilarious, it means modern pop deserves more respect than it recieves.

Hvis lyset and sol austan mani vestan are far better

Drink the Sea is so legendary. Not sure they'll ever top it

This is exactly why I fucking hate that new Frank Ocean album and hate even more that everyone's head over heels for it. Not only that but the "artist" himself "revealed" his favorite movies and it was literally the most obvious, pretentious, generic top 100 list you can find straight off of any film buff site. Oh and I love that it took him like 5 years to make that album too... Like he very slowly, very meticulously "poured" his heart into it. What a fucking fraud.

Agreed Cred Forumsro, the hilarious part is user's interpretation of what intellectually designed means for music. Dude's clueless.

Koloss is fucking ominous. I'm always thinking about something huge. I was just dancing to Do Not Look Down

Gotta respect the business model though. It wouldn't be the music industry without the industry.

Exactly man it feels kolossal throughout

Wow you are retarded. It's the exact opposite actually. You can't intellectually design something to be emotional, the two things go against each other's grain. This is why astral weeks, pet sounds, blonde on blonde are considered some of the greatest albums. They were made quickly, purely, and without any thought behind them besides great musicians pouring everything of their tired bodies into epic albums.

Frank ocean fans confirmed. What else needs to be said?

this if you like hip hop. fresh heat from kembe x

also checked

>You can't intellectually design something to be emotional
Not who you're replying to but you're so incredibly wrong about that. Music is equal parts science and art whether you like it or not. You think promotion is the only reason masses of people fall in love with certain pop music? Wrong, it's written to be universally accessible and emotional. The question is what emotions do you want to feel. For many of the musically inclined the answer to that spans the entire spectrum, for fans all they have is taste, and taste will often limit their understanding of why they even enjoy music, for better or worse. The pop music industry (and other genres too, but never as heavily as pop) manipulate that lack of consumer awareness and quite literally design Grammy winning albums. Why the fuck do you think Beyonce's latest album had sooooo many people involved that aren't Beyonce? This isn't a rarity either, this is just the industry. Make the music that most people feel.

> (You)
KEK I'm also
I think you misunderstood.

fuck me meant to quote

Every single one of those names makes money off royalties btw. This is a BUSINESS we're talking about, always has been always will be.

What you are saying isn't technically wrong, but what I'd argue is albums like this aren't truly "emotional." They are manipulative. The same way commercials for Coke show people smiling/loving/laughing in soft focus shots with piano music, it might cause people to feel happy and want Coke, but that doesn't mean it's truly emotional. It's manufactured happiness and it's not the feeling you get from experience music or films or anything that's truly emotional. Something truly emotional is not something that isn't trying to elicit a reaction from people, it just is. Modern pop does not deserve creds for being manipulative of the masses.

>Modern pop does not deserve creds for being manipulative of the masses
I think you underestimate exactly how complicated that is to do with music. There's a reason it pays well.

Simplified emotions are still emotions. What I'm gathering from this is that for you to consider somwething "emotional" it has to affect you on a deeper level, but consider that noteveryone listens to music the same way or with the same intent. For some simple emotions are enough, for those like us, we have to dig deeper. I still respect what pop music does because they've created a market out of people's emotions, and the music isn't even all terrible. Of course it fucking isn't, it's designed to be accessible. That's not a bad thing, it just is. No one forces anyone to enjoy the music they enjoy, and yet everyone enjoys music. It's a human experience to its very core, even the most simple of tunes have this feature. People with a heart and passion for music will explore that feeling until their dying day, most of them choosing to practice creating their own. The rest of the music loving world are either fans with confidence in their taste and just along for the ride or dumbfuck assholes with no iota of understanding about how music is made or why music makes people feel certain ways, despite having very vocal opinions on why their taste is godly and yours is plebian. That last group is the true cancer of the music world. "Everyone's a critic"

No one mentioned Ian Curtis and company

George will always be my favorite Clinton

That isn't even her best Album

Agreed, especially colors

bump

that was a very well thought out point. I agree with you

r8