It's that time again Cred Forums

It's that time again Cred Forums

In this thread.... We do user's homework....

3/turtle

1:2

66%

i would say very probably!

OP is hoping for hairy balls in the box.

50/50

You cant possibly think this is that hard. You already know you picked one of the boxes with gold, so you can disregard the box with 2 silver. You now have have equal chances of picking a gold or silver ball as it depends entirely on which of the two possible boxes you chose.

Sensible chuckle.

It's 1:3

Trips have ur answer

This, you ignorant niggers.

It can't be 50/50 there's 3 possible balls left

no you cuck there's only 2 fucking faggot what the fuck is wrong with you people

2/3 you loser faggots.

No wonder you're not doing anything with your lives.

You're wrong, it's 2/3.
There was a 50/50 chance you'd pull the silver ball out of the mixed box, so there's double the chance you'd pick a gold ball out of the double gold box compared to the mixed one.

>thinking previous odds influence future odds when 2nd question is dealing with 1 box and not 3

This. S/S is disregarded. Either you picked the G/G box (100% probability) or the G/S box (0% probability).

[100+0]/2 = 50%

I won't do your homework user

Exactly this, it doesn't matter that you picked a gold ball the first try.

It's 50% because it matters which box you picked up, not which of the 6 balls you got.

That's not practical application

100% you stupid fucks

the probability is 33.3(3) %
the chance is 50%
itt unwashed peasants being retarded

what

that's the point..the gold ball u picked makes the 2nd question leaving 50/50

If the first ball is gold, the second is either gold or not, 50/50 chance.

You didn't pick from the grey balls box because, well, you didn't, you dumb shits. You picked from a box with at least a gold ball. So from the 2 possible boxes you picked from, you either pick a gold ball next or a grey ball. It's 50% chance, you guys are dumb as shit, fuck.

Yeah I agree with you, I'm not the guy you first replied to

in the box you took there's only two to begin with. if you take out a gold ball then the other ball is either silver or gold.

its obviously 50/50, you're just getting trolled newfriend

>not understanding how odds work
Half the time you take a ball out of the mixed box you'll get a silver ball, while 100% of the time you take it out of the g/g box it's gold, so if you keep taking first balls out of boxes until you get a gold one, it's always twice as likely you hit the g/g box first instead of the g/s one, so it's twice as likely the second ball in your box is gold.
TL;DR: You're fucking wrong, previous odds absolutely affect current situations.

50%
It obviously isn't the box with 2 silver balls, so having removed 1 golden ball you either grab the 2nd golden ball from that box, or the silver ball from the middle.

50%
You have to have gotten the gold ball you are holding from either box 1 (with 2d ball gold) or box 3 (with 2d ball silver). 1 in 2 chance.

I'd just like to remind you that you're asking this question of b-tards. We already know what's wrong with them.

2/3 you stupid fucks. Its possible that the gold ball you picked up is from the mixed box, but its more likely its from the gold only box.

These fucking threads.. Why can't school teach probabilitys thoroughly so this kind of shit doesn't happen?

see, we can clear the silver box cause you pulled gold. But if you pulled gold from the gold sliver box, then its 50/50, cause one has two gold and one has one silver. BUt if you pulled from the two gold box, then one has one gold and one still has one gold one silver, so its 66.6%.

It is 2/3.

Ignore the fact you picked a box the first time and imagine you just picked a ball at random from the 6 (which really is what you did, just in two steps). There was a 3/6 chance you picked a gold ball, out of which 2/3 were in box G/G and 1/3 was in box G/S. Therfore there is a 2/3 chance you have the G/G box which has 100% probabiltiy of picking another G and a 1/3 chance of G/S box which has a 0% probability of picking another G. Overall probability is 66%.

If you put the ball back into the box you have a 75% chance of getting gold. If you don't put the first ball back into the box you have a 50% chance of getting gold.

Nobody's posted the correct answer yet? Ok, here it comes.

The fact you drew a gold means you did not pull it from box 3. The question now becomes, did you choose box 1 or box 2? There's a 50% chance you picked box 2 instead of box 1 BUT ALSO a 50% chance you managed to get the gold ball. The odds of picking box 2 instead of box 1 and then getting a gold ball is 25%, meaning the likelihood you chose box 1 is the remainder, or 75%. Final answer: 3/4.

If you don't believe that the probability of drawing the gold matters, imagine box 1 had a million gold balls and box 2 had 1 gold ball and 999,999 silver balls. If you choose a box and pull out a gold ball, are you REALLY gonna say it's just as likely you have the second box as the first?

2/3
Proof :
Define events
A1 = Pick first box
A2 = Pick second box
A3 = Pick third box
B = Ball picked at random is GOLD
---
To find out : P(A1 | B)
---
P(A1|B) = P(A1)P(B|A1) / (Sum{i=1to3}(P(Ai)P(B|Ai)) (By baye's theorem)
= P(A1)P(B|A1)/{P(A1)P(B|A1) + P(A2)P(B|A2) + P(A3)P(B|A3)
= P(B|A1)/{P(B|A1)+P(B|A2)+P(B|A3)} (Since P(A1) = P(A2) = P(A3) =1/3 )
= 1/(1 + 1/2 + 0)
= 1/(3/2)
=2/3

q.e.d

I see lots of people saying 2/3 but to me...

It's 50%. It has to be. Because you gave the starting conditions of already picking the gold ball, you can completely disregard the all-silver box, and you can disregard the chance of picking a silver ball from the mixed box.

Therefore, since you already have the gold ball in your hand, the ball in the remaining box is either gold or silver, 50/50.

This is correct
Also, found the math major

Might be bait but whatever. Assuming you don't put the ball you picked out back in the box, each gold ball picked in part 1 has only one outcome in part 2. B1G1 leads to B1G2; B1G2 leads to B1G1; B2G leads to B2S. Therefore 2/3.
If you took the time to flow diagram all the possible outcomes of part 1 leading to part 2 then it would be clear.

roll

rolling

dubs, winrar

winrar
come on OP you gotta deliver

Take two balls at random from one box. Sample space is
>GG
>GG
>GS
>SG
>SS
>SS

But GIVEN the first ball was G, we're left with
>GG
>GG
>GS

Within this sample space the odds of drawing a second G are 2/3

>So{meth}in|g/so|me[th]ing
QED

You pick a gold ball from the box, so you already know that there is either a gold or a silver ball from the same box.

Therefore 50/50 chance of getting a gold ball again