Ask a bar back for the largest restaurant/bar in his city anything be

Ask a bar back for the largest restaurant/bar in his city anything be.
Inb4 "what bar" I not telling you fucks where I work so you can harass me.

what city?

The fuck is a bar back?

I think he means Bar Maid, aka a bar bitch or a bar slave

The fuck is a bar maid bar bitch bar slave?

Bar back is the guy who does everything else for bartenders and bar staff. I'm the guy that changes out kegs, cleans up broken glasses, runs to the liquor room ad gets bottles, cleans glasses, mops up messes, fixes broken stuff, cuts limes n what not, replaces ice, and a million other things. We make it so the bartenders can actually do their jobs without interruption.

Do you suck the bartender's dick?

Any fuckin jackass can put on a fake smile and pour beers and make drinks. Only a true asshole can deal with being a bar back. But yes, it's basically slavery.

Nope.

How much does that even pay?

Also, honest question......Why wouldn't they replace you with immigrants?

They often get a % tip out from all the bartenders. I've seen barbacks go home with assloads of money. Almost as much as the bartenders sometimes.

This is correct. We make minimum plus I think it varies bar to bar. I get 15% of bartenders and usually there's only two of us and that 15% is split between us. But sometimes it's just me. Then a portion of sales.

what bar?

but bartenders don't get assloads of money lmao

What grade did you make it to in high school before you dropped out?

A good bartender in the right spot can make $50k a year pretty easy. It all depends.

I was a bar back for 2 weekends. Not worth it. Tips suck, wage sucks, you're up all night dealing with rowdy drunks and then you have to clean up all the shit you have had nothing to do with.

I've seen some bartenders leave with over $300 in one night with tips. It depends night to night however. Weekends and festival nights are guaranteed money makers

lol 50k a lot of money cringe

I graduated. I'm just starting here as a bar back. Getting into the brewing industry and they didn't want me to start bar trending. Took what I could get. Going to school for it.

Thinking of opening my own bar. Any advice?

Over prepare. A lot of people under prepare and fall flat and have to work even harder to start back up. Hire experienced people at first. Wait a year or so and make sure they're all comfortable. Take care of your people and they will take care of you. Make sure managers are actually fucking accountable and do their jobs.

That and location, location, location. If you start up a new bar where's there's a lot of bars already around. Unless you bust ass and destroy the opening week or whatever. People will only be there for the whole grand opening specials and what not before migrating aback to their favorite personal bars. Find a nich and work it. And make good first impressions.

>what bar

"Which bar"?

>fixed

Thanks, guys. Not many places here do sports bars. Most of them are hodge-podge throw togethers. We have one sports bar where I attend. Good drinks, good bartenders and great prices. Also, they have a small menu available. Kinda where I got the inspiration from. But I don't want to completely rip them off.

OK so barfag; I'd go to a rest/bar because they had lots of tv's, kinda the only place that does it, and I'd hang out for a couple hours, and mix up what i'd get for drinks on different days. I haven't been there in a while and went in, and noticed my martini now taste like vermouth. Explain this. Because I did watch, roughly, my drink being make.

Bartenders where I work make $200 to $750 a shift, in season that can double. I started as a barback making about half that a night.