Do only intelligent people get depressed...

Do only intelligent people get depressed? I've never met someone who's actually depressed unless they're very smart as well.

>Real depression
>not fag cutting shit
>if youve told more than 3 people youre not depressed
>if you dress in all black youre a fag not depressed
>grow up cunts

I failed high school math 4 years in a row and I'm a depressed mess. Sometimes being stupid/unsuccessful is what causes the depression user.

He is talking about other kinds of intelligence, like realizing life is meaningless and it doesnt matter what you do.

Ok then yeah I'm a nihilist and that's 100% me

Well... i wouldn't call myself very inteligent but sometimes when i'm alone i feel depressed as well. If i'm with ma homies or gf everthing is fine but with the dark veil of the night the depression grows and grows. Btw no emo cutting, black dressing faggot shit

Only stupid people get depressed. A smart person knows how to control their emotions, not the other way around.

Cutting is more an example of borderline and histrionic personality disorders, not depression.

You are a faggot who doesn't know shit about depression. Also controlling emotions has nothing to do with beeing a smart person

That is retarded, not intelligent. Kill yourself fag

>im depressed
>only very intelligent people get depressed
>I judge people by the color of their shirt

Pic two.
You're retarded.
Unless you meant that in a metaphorical way. Then you're allowed into the smart club.

Yes, it does. A stupid person can't tell the difference of controlling their emotions or being controlled by them. The fact that you're calling me a "faggot" just shows how easily the truth affects you. Hurts, doesn't it?

You actually know nothing about depression dude

What if it is actually that depression enhances one's ability to become intelligent.

The struggle and introspection involved, is an exercise for the mind, which tends to create a "smarter" individual.

I suspect that the converse of this situation, is that less, as you would describe, intelligent individuals are more emotionally apt.

Personally, I believe that ignorance is bliss, but as I value knowledge, I would rather live in the shit.

I do, actually. More than I'd like to. I am, however, done talking with you. You add nothing to a conversation besides reiterating things you've already said.

Ignorance is bliss. That's not a lie.

What the fuck kind of advice is that in the pic OP? How about making a calculated effort instead of doing a swan dive into a fucking rock.

Nah I agree with him. I was depressed for 3 years I think. It was just the lack of knowledge of how to control my emotions. Ah yeah and don't tell me I wasn't depressed, went to therapy and all of that. They wanted to give me antidepressants.

A truly intelligent person would realize that emotional control is a farce. What they do, is recognize when emotions arise, look at them objectively, and allow them to pass.

Intelligence is not the ability to be depressed. Everyone has the ability to be depressed - its a chemical imbalance that can happen to anyone.

Intelligence is the ability to see that your depression and perception of the world is not true to reality, and to work around that to continue achieving the best possible results for your life choices.

The fact you consider yourself 'truly intelligent' shows the exact opposite. Aside of that, control is a real thing. Whether you deny or not.

>I consider myself smart
>I actually believe in the Ego and Im so deeply identified (meaning: deluded) with my feelings that I convince myself that I control them
>like if you were more than an idea in your head

retards these days..
one true sign of retardedness is the strong belief in your own intelligence. the strongest your beliefs, the more solid you are psychologically, and the more happy you are.
intelligent people are:
>very good at hiding their own deep thoughts from themselves
>depressed fucks

Look at any genius in literature and music.

Where the fuck do you see him saying that he considers himself truly intelligent?

I know brother, all I've had is a full academic scholarship, scored high enough to get any job I wanted in the military, been successful in life, and raised healthy and balanced children.

Maybe it's not the dream life, but somehow I'm satisfied.

Oh, I bet I catch more fish, and kill more deer than you. So take that, faggot.

u mad tho? lol

Impressive.

Depression is a serouis illness and not just regular sadness. If you are depressed you get controlled by negative emotions no matter how smart you are.
Also controlling emotions does not mean you negate them. Controlling emotions means you don't let them out and overreact or something.
And the fact that i'm calling you a faggot means you are a faggot. Nothing more.

Please become a psychiatrist or psychologist. Tell your patients to simply work around their feelings, rather than dig in and work through them.

Surely, you will make the world a better place.

It's not retarded. All you do is learn a bunch of shit at school that's kind of meaningless, then you get some shitty job you don't care about, in order to survive. You survive so you can go and get more money, so you can survive more. Then you retire and your physical capabilities have gone, and there's little chance of doing what you want to do anymore.

Friends and family fill the void, but they come and go too.

Enjoy life as best as you can, but it can be an annoying thing.

Control is a concept which exists to varying degrees. Don't believe me?

Let's clinch our buttholes, and see who can do so the longest, faggot.

Depression has nothing to do with intelligence unless you're a fucking monkey. Lot of smart people are not depressed. Depression means you can't build a future for yourself. If you feel like you don't fit in what's acceptable in society you're most likely gonna be depressed because you're gonna be rejected.

Also people who think they're depressed because they're smart are dumb as shit because they value brain superiority to ever other quality you could have.
Depression means you lack something and you have to fight for it. It's unfair but that's life for you.

Even if you have a major depressive psychotic disorder or whatever your doctor wanna call it, there's still stuff you can do to make your life easier.

>not fag cutting shit
>if youve told more than 3 people youre not depressed
>if you dress in all black youre a fag not depressed
>grow up cunts

You have masculinity issues and that's why you're depress. You can thank me later.

> Depression means you can't build a future for yourself

Not true at all, at least if by building a future you mean wife, kids and money.

People who are depressed don't think it's because they're smart, but there's definitely some correlation there.

>Not true at all

Care to explain?

And no, there's no real correlation. Fear has more to do with it. Some people are smart enough to know what shit is going to come to them and what life is really about but they can deal with it. Some know they're too stupid to do anything worthwhile in life so they get depressed. If you're a more sensitive person, you'll have some work to do to cope with it. Some use drugs, entertainment, sex, food, whatever in order to avoid this fear.

>Let's clinch our buttholes, and see who can do so the longest, faggot.

Dumbest thing I've read on Cred Forums in a while. Nice one, faggot.

And what of all of the United States presidents which were depressed, like Abraham Lincoln? What about Winston Churchill, who was depressed…

These individuals were not only responsible for creating a better future for themselves, but for the entirety of their nations!

No. Go visit your State Hospital if in the US (I work at one). They're full of borderline retarded people that are also super fucking depressed.

I used to be like this but then I started to transition and it feels a lot better. hormones are magic

What about autistic people who are depressed?

Like I said, it has nothing to do with intelligence. People say that to avoid working on themselves. Those great men had they're reason to be. They weren't good in all aspect of life. Lincoln was ugly as shit and Churchill had a speech impediment.