Last nights MTG thread was actually pretty good

Last nights MTG thread was actually pretty good.

Here are some questions,

What is the best set?
Also,
Is it worth it to buy boosters, decks, fat packs, boxes or just stick to singles?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/users/xyorrk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would say the new Kaladesh set if you play alot of commander.

It depends on your preferences. I like to build specific decks and will research cool cards that would be great in a Beast Deck or something, so I will go out of my way to find singles online. A buddy of mine loves to just buy fat packs and work with what he gets.

I don't play standard, but this new set might be my in for that. I really like the looks of this set and it seems pretty fun.

Boosters and Fat Packs helps you build your common/uncommon base, singles let you get the rares you need for your deck. Boxes are a huge investment, only get one if you plan on going to tournaments.

Also best set is Battle for Zendikar because I love using giant Eldrizzles

Buy singles, download xmage for testing, remember to have fun and never stop building, netdecking is safe and all but sucks the life out of the game...IMO

Also, I really liked New Phyrexia. Mechanics and balance left a little to be asked for, but I liked the story and general concept of the set. Shame it'll "Never happen" again.

the combustible gearhulk reanimator deck and the Aetherflux Reservoir deck looks really fun to play

Alot of hype on this set, is it worth it though? Why?

I agree about net-decking, it's a good in for people with money and no intelligence; please don't be those people...

I'd say. They finally did artifact creatures right. Also, people are really excited about Khans cycling out.

Was khans crap or something?

Sorry been out of the game since M12

No, it just had fetches in all 10 dual-color combinations. It made Standard fucking bullshit.

Khans created a toxic Standard environment with fetch lands as well as cards like collected company

Sauce

bumppp

Whats wrong with fetch lands? Seems with a deck built around landfall mechanics it can be pretty good?

Best fetch card in the world.

Let me be an edge lord here and say magic has sucked for a long long time. I stopped playing in high school (which was 10 years ago you faggots) and i had started in Unlimited.

The cards use to be balanced it wasn't changed all up to try and get people to buy the newest set. Remember flanking? I do. Haste, mana burn, fear? No? Well that's ok, here is a 30/30 creature for 2 mana to make up for your ignorance.

MTG really became about who could drop the most money on the newest sets as soon as they came out to stay ahead of the curve. It lost the idea of collecting and became more about owning. The only strategy is to buy new cards. Wonder why they would do that...

Deck list rate?

tappedout.net/users/xyorrk/

New set good for EDH?

bump

I love magic, but ill never be "tourney" guy. I always just play with my friends with our collective decks. I got a blue white with tons of cards from the 80s till like 2013

Yeah, that's why I play commander. It's all friends in playgroups that have fun. I'll never get into standard.

>tons of cards from the 80s

>from the 80s

Im poor (live in milwaukee, not sure if location means anything) Can I still have fun playing MTG? Never played. I bought a dragons of tarkur box a while back but never really picked it up. Im so tired of yugioh.

The Dark is the best set.

It's an expensive game.

Its a great game, but as already stated, its hella expensive. I have well over 2 grand sunk into the game. That doesnt even scratch the surface of my friends who got me into magic though.

It can easily be expensive. That pic I posed is $800 in 6 cards. But I have two decks about $150 that are definitely competetive and still a tom of fun. Best it picking some kind of a theme. Make it different and you'll have fun. Doesn't have to be a money pit.

MERCADIAN MASQUES was and remains the high water point in terms of power and aesthetics and variety

the whole three-set is just pure eloquence