Has anyone read or currently reading this book...

Has anyone read or currently reading this book? I'm halfway through it and it's pretty interesting and funny and it's helping me through a a rough post breakup and quitting drinking patch of life.

I was just born with that ablity. it's pretty sweet. nice choice OP.

you know what op, i dont give a fuck

What kind of things does it tell you?

>inb4 how not to give a fuck

Beneath the vulgar and sardonic humour it's basically similar to stoic philosophy. In a nutshell it's not about not giving a fuck about anything but making choices in life as to what is worthy of your fucks.

>someone is being a massive dick
what do?

A: nothing.

>some ham planet is blicking the doorway
what do?

A: don't stop walking, push straght through the bitch.ignore anything she says. don't stop.

am I close?

Yeah something like that. Those things would certainly not be worth giving a fuck about. I'm sure everyone, if they sat down and thought about it could think of a lot of fucks given that were a waste of time and energy. It's the fucks not given that make all the difference and leave you more free and liberated to give fucks about what is important.

I'm a level 99 no fuck giver. Beware what you wish for.

The things in life that are worth giving fucks about are fewer than the constant barrage of bullshit that is who gives a flying fuck territory. But it all depends on your values. What you think is worth taking some pain and eating a few shit sandwiches for.

True. Just be on guard for becoming too apathetic or aloof. People may take advantage of it, or you may lose your passion. But who gives a fuck, right?

Yeah the book addresses that. It's not about total indifference and or apathy but about simplifying your life really. It fly's in the face of this self esteem bullshit of everyone trying to be "extraordinary."

Also with certain passions sometimes it's ok to loose them. If your burned out on something and it's not really getting you anywhere then fuck it. Who gives a fuck? Do something else then.

Cool. I do these things perhaps too well now. Like buddhist monk tier. Sometimes I feel too simple and my brain craves stimulation. It's a hard path, that's for sure.

Yeah that's what I'm aiming for myself. It's about accepting defeat, failure and pain and learning from it really instead of running from it and chasing after temporal highs which just leave you more fucked up in the end. For me drying out is the big start to all of it. It's hard it hurts but dammit I think it's worth it rather than taking on the useless pain of hangover regret over and over.

Nice. Yeah, sounds pretty stoic. Godspeed user.

It's not about not giving a fuck
Sorry to spoil it for you

I know that. It's about what you chose to give a fuck about.

Stoic quotes thread?

never thought about it like that

spoken like a true welfare collector

also Cynic masterrace reporting in

bu....but why?

Nice! It's almost as though you give a fuck. Thanks user.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

Winston Churchill.