Yo Cred Forums

Yo Cred Forums
I'm wanting to learn how to code and what comes with it. I'm also wanting to know where to start and how to start. I would also Like to know what language you personally think I should use or start with. ( Serious answers only )

Other urls found in this thread:

codecademy.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

community college

python

Also is there a language which i need to know the corresponds with other language.

kill your self

real basic first
learn syntax, data structures, then some gui libraries if you want

codecademy.com

Have fun
Learn the basics of HTML and CSS if you're a beginner, then go into the others

As a hobby or professionally?
If the latter, either you're underage or its too late to start coding.

What is your end game?

Programming for Applications and Video Games? Consider starting with Processing (Java), or C. I mention Processing as it's very user friendly, cross platform, and has a large help base. You won't make the next doom in it, but it's a good springboard. Processing.org.

For web stuff, you'll need to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP. Start with basic HTML and CSS, and then look into the latter two. W3 Schools is a great learning resource. w3schools.com.

Consider picking up some dummies books, or other ones relevent to what you'd like to do. There are tons of languages but once you learn the basic ins and outs you can translate your skills well.

OP here:
I'm 16 and always have a lot of time to spare to learn.

The basics of programming are basically universal theories. Once you learn any one language you can pretty much hop to another one with a little adjustment.

No time like the present to start. Does your school have classes? Take them if you can.

Otherwise there are tons of resources online, even free courses offered by Google and such.

That site is for little kids.

search gizmodo/lifehacker. many guides, so wow, many hex.

cut my teef on 370/360 assembler, JCL, born with 8 fingers on each hand, code by sense of smell.

I learned on php and most applied to other languages. Php is also the easiest to "share" so if you make something you can just send them the link and its there live.

MODS

Pick up a book and read it through. That's all you really need to do, tho I would recommend taking a look at the book "Think Like A Programmer". Else, just go to college because it can be easer.

As for the language, just pick one. I like C because it's the lowest level language that there is next to assembly and binary but other languages will allow you to "finish" a project faster then C will, because you have to build so much of it yourself vs just having the language already do that for you. Other then C I'd say go with python.

u shud look into CS50 it's free and good stuff. I ordered the books, addall com, both programming in C and hackers delight - that book is actually amazing it really expands on the foundation of coding if ur looking into understanding the basics

I'm a high school teacher, and I teach python and java to my students. I just picked up java earlier this year, but its alright. I don't know if I like it better than C++ yet. I have a pretty good book for java I can recommend that you can get for "free."

Well it's simple and easy for beginners
That's how I learned it like 2 years ago

Python is probably the easiest, but I prefer C++

I hear Brainfuck and Haskell are a breeze for beginners.

All roads of code starts with C. Learn to code C, write your "Hello, world." and go from there. C teaches too structured programming and has plenty of tricks and little safety nets to keep you from getting gimped. Download Gnu C with the Eclipse IDE, play with command line apps for a month or so. Then learn UI stuff. Once you get that down, everything else is safety nets for a bunch of gimps that can't do pointer math.

retard, HTML isn't real programming
they should go for something decent at least

This fucking guy...
Lisp is way more straight forward.

Vs dev essentials, profit.

VBA - Alt + F11 in Excel. And type this:
Create new module and type this:

Sub Hello()
Debug.print "Hello world"
End sub

Google search the rest.