Probably the worst place to post this but random religious thought

Probably the worst place to post this but random religious thought.

Religious people who say they live their life for Jesus, or everything they do is for Jesus is wasting their time.

"My life is a gift from God so i must live it for him."
No, you're wrong. This isnt a matter of arguing beliefs its you wasting this gift you have apparently been given.

You give yiur child a baking set for a present and all the ingredients for making a cake. You tell them they can make any cake they want, its their stuff. But they have to make it for you and you only like chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.

That doesn't make any sense. What's the point? You give them free will to do whatever with thd tools given. They might make a mess, it might take them a few tries to get it right, but they make their own cake. And its great to see how much a child can do on their own. To show what they've learned. As a parent thats a good feeling.

So wouldn't living your life for you be the best way to honour this gift from God? Being the best you for you? God supposedly loves you regardless so do what makes yiu happy. I doubt he likes seeing you suffer in church when you'd rather be baking a cake.

Wouldn't

>God supposedly loves you regardless

you no comprende religion my faggotty friend.

You've got it all wrong. The idea of "living for God" is about your motivations, not your activity. You can do whatever you want (within the rules God has set) but always within the context of "Would doing this (dis-)honour/please God?"

>finding out that religion is hypocritical and all round a load of bullshit

Well done user, how long did it take to figure that out?

That's only half of it though. The other half is "God can't stand sin." It's like when parents have had enough of a disobedient kid and kick them out of the house. It's not because they hate their kid, but because they love them. God's pretty much the same here, if you don't like His way, He'll let you do things your way, but that means you also face the consequences of doing so.

Jesus was a cool cat. He said many good things, but his present-day "followers" are batshit insane. Be a follower of Jesus, just not to the point where he's a god

I honestly thought religion was supposed to be a template people used to construct their own idea of morals and that life simply confirmed why those morals exist.
Boy was I wrong.

God gives us rules, but it's up to us whether we want to follow them or not. He still loves us even if we completely turn our backs on Him, but He's only gonna reward those who followed His rules in the end.

Religious folks out there, what if someone I love goes to Hell and I go to Heaven? That would suck.

Why is God male?

Bc he impregnated Mary.

The Holy Spirit did, fuckwad

>I go to heaven
>on Cred Forums
sorry friendo, but you gotta switch up the roles in your scenario

Kek. But yeah this is my point.

God doesn't have a gender. God is who God is.
#yourgenderisnotyouridentity

god

pls stop

And to add on this, do good people that dont believe in God go to Hell? I could probably get these answers from the Bible but im too lazy

so jealous that you get all that hot priest love. your boipucci must be destroyed

there are other religions besides cucktianity

>God is omnipresent
>God gave you free will
Pick one

Yeah but im talking about the most popular one in the world

Can we just get back to discussing that fucking cake please? Chocolate with peanut butter frosting? And a glass of milk? Forget about it.

Where are people getting this touchy feely version of god as a loving parent from. Have you actually ever read a bible? He flat out burns two of the nephews of Moses because they brought the wrong incense to his alter. Seriously where are you getting any indication he wants anything other than your absolute obedience to his will, that's like a massively important theme through the whole book.