Girlfriend cheated on me, you know the story, not the point. She was my life, everything I lived for...

Girlfriend cheated on me, you know the story, not the point. She was my life, everything I lived for. I was perfectly content to have a menial job, making just enough money to get by, and now I find myself at a loss for what to do with my life. I can't think of anything I care about enough to devote myself to the way I did her. So how about you, what does Cred Forums live for?

Come on, you miserable fucks haven't offed yourself yet, there must be some reason you keep rolling out of bed every day

Nothin?

I once made just enough to get by, single bedroom apartment, with a few hundred a month left over if I was really careful budgeting. But it was a dark time. I didn't think I was worth anything. I was lonely. Then I decided fuck it, I'm going to save up what little extra money I made, and spent it on presents, just for me, because reasons. I bought a new computer. A weight set. Music. Clothes. Any stupid shit I wanted. Just present after present, all the while telling myself I deserved it. I started to work out. I got out more often. I met people. I did normal, happy things, and one day discovered I had turned into an almost normal, almost happy person.

Then I met her. A cute little redhead. Fast forward 16 years. She's sleeping upstairs. We have a wonderful marriage. Careers. Three awesome kids. A house. Two vehicles. I have never been happier. All because I decided long ago to live like I fucking deserved to be happy.

:)

>was in a happy 2 and a half year relationship with first love
>cheated on her with an exchange student
>she gave me a semi-second chance
>kept sexting exchange student after she left
>saw my phone after we had sex one time (after we broke up)
>she doesn't talk to me anymore and I'm pretty sure everyone in my school hates me

Yeah, I'm a douchebag. I miss her and everything I had. I've learnt my lesson, shitty bullshit like that. But I miss her so much. After that fuckboy shit I did, I just miss her so much

In short, I really don't live for anything anymore since I broke everything I had. Only reason I'm alive is because I'm waiting for a second chance at life in uni. If nothing happens, I'll probs off myself in a couple years. I wasted my chance at a happy life

Revenge. Deal with her and then deal with yourself. End your everything before ending everything for yourself I suppose if you are that spineless.

I was waiting for the part where it stopped being "don't worry, things will get better post" Glad to see there was something there.

I haven't rolled out of bed for days...

To clear things up, as there seems to be a small amount of confusion, I'm not suicidal (anymore, at least, that was years ago) I'm not looking for a reason not to kill myself, I'm wondering what Cred Forums devotes themselves to to make life worth living, rather than just kind of existing for the sole purpose of existing.

Is it normal to lose interest in everything you used to love? I feel most comfortable when I'm in bed, not doing anything. Just thinking about fucked up shit. But I have a feeling that shit's not supposed to be normal

This is possibly the most positive, uplifting thing I've ever read on Cred Forums

Other people are rolling out of bed to fuck your ex up the rear.

Man up. Move along. Get going. Waiting is overrated.

Get your revenge by getting a new girl. New girl is always better

Death

I couldn't kill my self because I don't want to let other people down. I keep telling myself I'll be happy when I overcome whichever obstacle I'm facing in the moment, but of course I'm never happy. I am a miserable fuck.
I keep going because I always feel like there's something great around the corner. And because sometimes I fool myself into thinking there's the right woman out there for me.

Does anyone have anything they're passionate enough about to actually just devote their life to? Something independent of another person, not a family or a woman but something just for them?

Your gf didn't cheat on your. Your gf was in your head, was just based on the real-life person you call your gf. The real-life person finally did something that was indisputably at odds with the version in your head, and that's what's jarring. The reality of realizing the imaginary version didn't match the real person -- but it's way too soon for you to admit that, so you're grieving your ruined "relationship". It hurts, but in actual fact, by creating a version of her in your mind, a version that was almost perfect (to you) yo actually cheated her out of any chance she had to be herself.
Now you're even.
So, forget her.

First step to recovery is to have sex with someone.
You need to start by realizing that sex is a different thing than a relationship. You can have sex without a relationship. Once you understand that, you'll be looking for a relationship with a woman for the right reasons.

In that order, I actually accepted her, flaws and all, when she cheated on me I forgave her, she still left, said she fell out of love with me, and finally, I've been with plenty of women since.

My issue is that I find I don't really care about anything since her. Not to the same degree anyway. Not to the point where I would devote my life to it. I want to find something, not another person but something personal that I can devote myself to independent of anyone but myself.

>when she cheated on me I forgave her, she still left, said she fell out of love with me

You accept back a cheater, they lose any respect for you.

Maybe, maybe not, doesn't matter now, and not what this thread is about