Having to design a prison for my criminal justice class, give me ideas me Cred Forumsros

Having to design a prison for my criminal justice class, give me ideas me Cred Forumsros

panopticon

Human Centipede 3 styled :

Read Maus

All the floors are uneven and beds are bolted to the ground so they always lean either left or right by about 10 degrees.

Get Prison Architect, great game, may help you design something that works for you.

Give it a quick look if you're unsure

we're designing a prison not the lowest circle of hell you degenerate

for op:
make something a-la 1984 style

Random sirens 10 times a day to keep the prisoners on their toes

>this

Space cube prison. Surrounded by suns

cargo ship or under water,

panopticon

this

use thermite charges to burn a hole into the earth that goes down at least 20 miles.

throw the prisoners in.

when it fills up, bore it out again with more thermite.

Fury 161

Checked

Not a lot of details for your request fuckface.

Is cost no object? Technology? How many prisoners? Are we going for the most efficient? The most impenetrable? The most punishing? How do you expect to get reasonable answers when you can't even provide the tiniest amount of detail for what you need? Fucking idiots. You want me to believe you're in a criminal justice class????? I can't believe you're out of kindergarten yet you mouth breathing mongoloid degenerate

Easy, utilize the current block system.

Make sure every single prisoner has access to the library, stocked with books on trade skills. No internet.

Make the conditions livable, but not comfortable.

NO YARD TIME MINIMUM INTERACTION WITH OTHER PRISONERS PREFERABLY ALL SINGLE CELL

Build fucking Vernichtungslager Auschwitz. Design is like Godtier

Just watch a few episodes of superjail.. That'll be all you need..

The continent of Australia

but seriously. Penal colonies >>>>> prisons. Send prisoners off somewhere else, make them take responsibility for themselves like they usually haven't, but also give them the resources to make something useful out of themselves, which they also usually didn't have, and boom, 50 years later you have a functioning society of decent citizens instead of a bunch of human garbage you have to spend thousands keeping locked up.

And eventually evolve into the worst shitposters this planet has ever seen

Everyone who studies criminal justice learns about the panopticon, so it's hardly going to be original.

In this day and age the layout of the panopticon is obsolete as CCTV can now be placed anywhere, creating the same effect of being watched at any given time.

Given the shift towards reformative prison systems I don't know how beneficial constant surveillance is for reforming prisoners for re-introduction to society anyway.

I would probably design a system with different prison blocks, each with varying levels of comfort and surveillance. Good behaviour and reformation moves you towards the better blocks with improved facilities and rec areas, whereas poor behaviour sends inmates to the blocks where movement is restricted (smaller rooms, rec areas) and actions monitored heavily.

It's a simple reward based system to motivate the inmates towards self-betterment.

Obviously throw in some classrooms and a library to educate inmates and some workshops for learning trade skills.

Build it in a triangular shape.
that way you can controll the whole prison with one whatchtower and a mashinegun turret from one of the edges.

Do a standard jail but with 7 sub floors all of them with a similar set up but with less and less technology until its a concrete box with nothing in it and a big door 7 hellsof you cannot be in the standard jail without fighting or killing or anything that isnt peacefully serving a sentence you go to the first hell and so on

no cells and no bars
no walls at all
just two large rectangles marked out in chalk, one inside the other, in the middle of a field
warning alarms sound if anything moves out of the inner rectangle and automated gun turrets shoot anything that moves out of the outer rectangle

you have autism

>implying Australia isn't full of human garbage
nice try

It's a historical design for POW camps, although the automated turrets were originally armed sentries.

Build a wall and make america great again

play Prison Architect on Steam, download prisons, ???, profit.

>no yard time
>no interaction

Both of which are unconstitutional.

Our prison was on lockdown for a year because of a massive riot.

Supreme court ordered the end of the lockdown.

wasteful prison! i have double the prisoners and its all working like a charm

was about to write this...
And definitely test your design in prison architect once you finalized it. Basic flaws will appear with use immediately as opposed to a purely theoretical unsimulated approach.

ausfag here
>this is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about us
>functioning society
>decent citizens
>took 150 years less than reality

please dont come here and spoil your naive outlook on my country

Build the prison on an oil rig/large ship that floats in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

Even if there is a riot/breakout they have nowhere to go.

Or carve one out of ice in the North Pole, dress all the prisoners up like elves, and wear a red suit and beard, and if anyone fucks up rape them with a lump of coal.

>carve one out of ice in the North Pole, dress all the prisoners up like elves, and wear a red suit and beard, and if anyone fucks up rape them with a lump of coal.

OP WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE GO DO THAT

look at norwegian rehab prisons

>carve one out of ice in the North Pole, dress all the prisoners up like elves, and wear a red suit and beard, and if anyone fucks up rape them with a lump of coal.

This should really be left to engineers. You're only there to cover what they couldn't. Good luck with the stress if you do go Department of Corrections. It's a burn-out job in California.