Cred Forums I want to get something off my chest and you might want you hear this...

Cred Forums I want to get something off my chest and you might want you hear this. I'm a 25 year old male doctor living in Pakistan. I graduated medschool earlier this year and since then I have been studying for the USMLE so that I can get out of this shit hole country. Since the past few months I have been completely focused on my studies and have totally block off my social life, and to be honest it gets frustuating sometimes. Today I was feeling particularly depressed so I though a drink might help me cheer up. Now even though alcohol is illegal in Pakistan it is still pretty easily available.

Now this is where it gets worse, I got caught by the police and they took me to the station. And while they treated me with respect, there was a condescending/judgemental tone that was uncalled for. I thought this was all pretty excessive since I only had a bottle of cheap whiskey. But they kept me for around 2 hours and finally let me go after taking a pretty big bribe.

I am sick of living in this fucking country and I wish every single day how I could live absolutely anywhere else.

I hope you take a moment to realize how lucky you are that you don't live in a shithole lunatic country.

Pic related: Its my city, Karachi.

FeelsBadMan

Sucks to suck.

the the thing is, by the time you get here, we might all be looking for a way to get out of this lunatic country...

This...the US is very obviously a sinking ship.

Stay home and make the best. If that's the first "horror" story that comes to mind then I feel like it's not that bad.

at least where you live they throw homesexuals off buildings its not all bad my friend

No, this just happened a few hours ago. I've got way worse stories. You have no idea what it is like to live in a 3rd world crime ridden city.

If Hillery gets in office the US will be like where you are from.

I hope not. And besides, once I get done with my residency I can move to another country like Australia or Canada.

More stories then. Considering I will be in my lifetime. I'll try and tell you anything you want to know about America.

Once I saw a man get shot in the head, 20 ft away from me. A robber killed him over a Honda 125 motorbike.

Tell us more. I really feel for you, bro. Just keep thinkin about all the money youre gonna make in Europe/US/Canada. Your hard work is gonna pay off friend and then you can buy all the finest scotch you want. Youll shit yourself laughing at all the assholes you left behind, because youre gonna win in the end.

>I could live absolutely anywhere else

Move to Russia, you could drink alcohol anywhere anytime, also during driving personal tank.

there was a period during the last President's final years where every month around 300 people would die in my city due to racial violence. during that time that country was in a tailspin towards oblivion but the new guy and the army chief pretty much saved it.

Thank you so much.

Once when I was a teenager, I witnessed a gang war right in front of me. Me and around 30 other people had to run and hide in an apartment complex and wait it out.

Who was president?

Russia is in a pretty bad tailspin itself due to all the sanctions.

Zardari

I'm interested in what your life is like. Can you please describe what a typical day is like in your country? Is everyone you know happy with the way things are or do they want to get out as well? What do you like about Muslims, and do most people you know look up the the radicals like ISIS, or think they make everyone look bad?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just very very interested in the world through your eyes.

His wife Benazir Bhutto was a presidential candiate and got murdered during her campaign, then Zardari (who was a known criminal and had spent 9 years in jail) became the leader of the party and became president.

Also, I wish you the best of luck in getting out! I'm glad you want to do something good with your life.

Damn. I heard that theres a shit ton of dirt cheap smack there because of all the shit the taliban grows and then smuggles to india

well tell us about urself

Most people educated people understand that life in Pakistan is pretty terrible. Unfortunately most of the population is illiterate and simply hoping for good things to happen.

We used to have a lot of extremism sympathizers but a few years ago the Taliban attacked a school and killed lots of children. since then the army has launched a wide scale operation called Zarb E Azb, and pretty much all civilians are in favor of the army.

where did you get the whiskey? how much was it?

Thanks, hopefully I will out of this country by May next year.

How did you get caught?

It was rs500 (around 5 USD)

I know the guy who owns a liquor store in my area. I call him and he delivers it to where I hangout with my friends.

sinking ship

When I reached the place, the guy was already there. A cop car passed without stopping and when they turned the corner he passed me the drink. As soon as he left, they turned back and caught me. They might have seen the dealer but wanted to grab his client.

ahh...how much did all of them make from you...you know that your friend sold you out !

Yes we all know the west is the best. Please do your part and stay in your shit hole county and try to fix it from there. Thank you.

He probably didn't. His brother who runs the store came to the station to help me out.

They made rs1600, not a lot when you convert it to USD but still a lot in Pakistani currency.

was this your first time buying whiskey?

But I want to be West. Is that too much to ask?

No I used to drink a lot in my early 20s, I have probably slowed down in the last 1-2 years.

Mfw when people are blind to the the fact that a secret organization of super zionist jews run the world and all of its banks putting the whole world in debt.... in goldberg we trust

At this point theres a lot working against you then for you. Go for the legit road, go cultural assimilation and don't look back. Multiculturalism turned into a flash point.

it seems like you are not a rich man....who goes to the liquor store ....you pay them to come to you .thats the protocol for women and booze in these shitty countries. only poor people go to the store in PUBLIC?

No, I'm pretty determined to leave. Most of my relatives have also left. My sister who is a Senior Software Developer recently moved to Austrailia.

Thanks user. That's something we all take for granted. I'm going to appreciate my country tonight. Also, I hope you do well in life and get the fuck out of there. Emigrate to the US legally and come live the good life. Ily buddy, hang in there.

You seem to be running from your problems and blame the country for most of them . is that right ? The country is at fault for your shitty life and drinking ?

No I have been to the store many times. I just didn't want to risk running into someone I know. This store is just 2 blocks away from my home.

Good luck trying to be a mainstream muslim in the us dude.

Please come to Europe with all your friends and relatives and make our countries as shitty as yours. Oh wait you and all the muslim countries are doing it already. Never mind...

Sorry but not really sorry. How about you stay in your country and try to make it like the countries you want to live in?

Thank you

It could be worse. I grew up in Iraq.

No problem man. Nice dubs also (=

I am curious why a guy from pakistan is drinking whiskey in public...something doesnt add up. it seems liike you are lost and dont know what to do. People around you have moved out to better lives and you are stuck.

Right, so the terrorism, gang and racial violence, crime and corruption does not make my life crappy? And moving to a first world country is not a great option?
Alright lets not blame this place. Did you know that when our mayor is in jail and operating the city from behind bars? Would you want to live here?

Im an agnostic and once I leave I will never identify myself as a Muslim.

this you?

How does a hardworking doctor coming to your country make it shitty??

You too !

Enlist in your army bring the system down from the inside. Or just come to the west and grow a massive victim mentality.

Thats has nothing to do with you. ur 25 yrs old and a doctor. why are you not working somewhere and studying rather then getting caught in public and embarrass your family .Dont blame others for your shitty choices. Welcome to 4 chan.

You got the right idea. Get your ass out of that shithole. But you don't need to study to do that. People in the US are just going to laugh at a Pakistani education anyway. Just get up and go. Study in the country where you want to work.

I plan on becoming a surgeon in the US

Grind out of there to anywhere but there or America because it's about to get fucked up.

There you go buddy thats the spirit. Come here get a nice american wife have american children and never speak your shit language again. It's the american way.

Nope. Just because of lunatic Putin.

I am studying for the USMLE. And really? Should drinking alcohol be that big of a deal?

No, but I left shortly after my nephew died.

I'm currently studying for the USMLE (United States Medical Licencing Exam), once I pass that I become eligible to practice in the US.

They are after you: بین الخدماتی مخابرات

Cred Forumsrothers I need to get some sleep, its past 6 am now. I was just too fired up about my circumstances to fall asleep, but now I feel better. Thanks for all the support!

You still have to find patients...
I only go to doctors who received their education at a decent American school. I know many other people who do the same.

So here's the thing, after completing my USMLE, I get into a 5 year residency program. Which is part work and part training. By the end of it I would have gotten 5 years of US medical experience/training.

You sound like a capable guy, when you pass the USMLE get the fuck outta there and find yourself a new way of life.

We got a shitload of hardworking doctors, engineers, scientists, astronauts, supermen and what the hell they claim to be last year so I guess we got enough.

OP might be a good guy but rest assured we have our own doctors so OP should stay in his home country to help them. How the hell are developing countries supposed to get better if all the good guys leave them for better life?

Doesn't matter. Every single listing for your practice is going to include the school that you got your degree from. A degree from Bumfuck Pakistani U is going to throw up red flags for a lot of people.

U gotta fine point. But some how racist? Right...

Is india better and more lenient on drinking, laws etc? How far is your city from the border?

go Australia, its beautiful. a magnificent change to an arid desert

What most american do not know, though, is that pakistan and india were one country and then a in 1947 a British fellow drew an arbitrary line through it dividing it into pakistan and india.

just do what you can to get out now, all my college is paid for here because of how poor I am, you'll be taken care of. Fuck finishing college, move somewhere else and finish it. I know harder said than done, but we love you Cred Forumsro.. Plus the fact that you're 5 years into your doctorates shows you have a very bright future. stay strong

Nah we knew that bro...Were just imploding on foreigners right now.