Ok this is ridiculus...

Ok this is ridiculus, not only are we supposed to support these lazy bums because they are too dumb to get a better job but they also expect us to take on the burden of inflation by expecting an 18% tip?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
youtube.com/watch?v=xPeIm20TYjI
youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Waiter/Waitress/Hourly_Rate).
webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm
dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm
nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/Texas-laws-tipped-employees.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If they want a tip, they should get on their knees and beg for money.

Blame the restaurant business, not the people who choose to abuse the system. It's there to abuse, people will abuse it. The foundation of the problem is that the majority of your income comes from a "tip". Which is an optional (at least in most circumstances, otherwise this wouldn't be a problem) from of gratuity added to the base cost of a service.

Get on their knees and suck your dick is more like it

Then stop going to restaurants.

Im tipping 5 dollars regardless of the bill amount, used to be an 18% tip ment exceptional service now its bare minimum, i refuse to contributie to this failed system.

I will shit in your food and give you hepatitis if you are a rude customer. If you don't tip I'll remember your cheap face.

Im not lazy. I work in a restaurant because the hours allow me to attend University and work simultaneously. Hate pieces of unsociable shit like you. Enjoy all the shit and stuff people do to your food while you saved 3 dollars not tipping.

P.s. If the service was good leave a tip. Enough said. Unless service is never good to you, you bitch... And I love good customers

If tips did not exist, the restaurant would be obligated to pay true minimum wage, and the cost would be passed on to the consumer (you). You're gonna pay one way or another.

You are going to college? Explain to me how economics work, your company has given you cost of living increases or colas but you also expect that cost of living increase in the tip. How are you entitled to that 18%

People can not be this stupid, or cheap? You are probably an ugly person afraid every waiter or bartender like myself is fucking your girl, or at least u know ur girl wants to. Go make friends, or get a restaurant job, see how much work goes in. You wouldn't last

My paycheck yesterday was 70 dollars after taxes were taken out, for guess what? my tips... You do the math dipshit!

Nothing makes me cringe harder than customers/patrons that interact with me/servers with kidgloves. You see them acting normal with the guests at their table, then a server or other restaurant worker comes to the table and their entire personality changes. Smiling through their fucking head at you, and they talk like their speaking to a mentally challenged person because they know how incredibly irritable most restaurant workers are. Some people have "server-rage" aka roidrage without the roids. Bitching about customers over nothing "CAN YOU BELIEVE HE ASKED ME FOR A STRAW" like wat; does every unstable and bipolar person work in a restaurant, or is it just my shithole restaurant

idk where I was going with this. Tip, don't tip, I don't give a shit, just be a normal person

>blaming the customer and not once mentioning the practice
Good goy.

I make minimum plus tips. It doesn't affect the prices or customer, my boss just isn't a scumbag

Back during my serving days, it wasn't unusual for me to get negative checks when taxes on my tips exceeded my 2 dollar an hour wages. The restaurant (a national chain) would carry over the negative balance to my next pay period. Sometimes I would go for months before it was back in the positive.

Pics or didn't happen

>It doesn't affect the prices
A company's costs ALWAYS affect their prices, otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

This too, but if a person is cool to you tip. Sounds like your restaurant needs a better staff. We fire people who are not the chill type.

compared to other similar restaurants in the immediate area, our prices are actually cheaper and for a larger quantity. Fairly certain they are paying their wait staff industry wages

There's a select few who do that, but I see it far more at other restaurants i've worked at/been around. People throwing the word cunt around in the back of the house in front of managers like it's nothing. Blows my mind how irrationally angry some people get over nothing

Get a better job dipshit.

Sucks doesn't it. And back in your day rent probably wasn't 1,000/month plus utilities

Sounds like an awesome place to work! But it still has to bow to basic economics. Higher costs demand higher prices in general, assuming you want to break even or be profitable.

Trust me it happened.

It would be cheaper giving waiters actual minimum wage and adding a couple of nickels to each item on the menu
Than having a marginal tip which depends on the price of the meal
A tip is not a right
Its a reward
If my waiter was mediocre
He doesnt deserve a tip

Always order takeout. Problem solved.

i always leave 15%, just because I understand that it's a system the waitors have no control over. It's fucked up to make a statment like that by giving them less tip.

If they did REALLY good, i give 20%.

if they were average to crappy, i give 10%.

I only give 0% if someone really offended me or was a dick to me, or one of those scenarios where the restaraunts think you have to kiss their ass. Like, in Sushi places you ask for a substitution and he says "NO SUBSTITUTION!" like, fuck off. I came here to eat what I want with my money. Fucking charge me a dollar extra or something, and put spicy tuna in. Fucking fake crab tastes like ass flakes.

Sir you are just a dick

Maybe you should ask your boss to pay you minimum wage, so that you dont rely on other people's generosity

True, but then tip 10 percent, tell the manager you were uncomfortable, leave and don't go back! How hard is that? Find good places, develope relationships and live life. That's what I meant about unsociable pieces of shit. You just don't get it, till you get online and bitch about it... I'm out

question since you used you credit card did you still get charged for the tip? it was already their so they prob did charge you for it even if you did want to

I like my job. As I said I get out early enough to study and do well :) so it's my choice. I'm not complaining, however dealing with pieces of shit is about the worst part, but the good ones make up for it!! :)

I disagree with the system of tipping, but trying to use inflation as an argument against tipping is fucking stupid

Get a job? Just get a job? Why don't strap on my job helmet, hop into a job cannon, and fire off into jobland, where jobs grow on jobbies!

You have to be one cheap mother fucker to make this big a deal out of tipping.. If you go somewhere and get good service leave a nice tip.. If you get sitty service give them a dollar and dont go back there again

Often times people who order takeout tip as well, good people, who know how hard we try!

By all means if service was bad don't tip.. Otherwise follow procedure

What boss is going to voluntarily pay his employee 5x as much????

muh strawmen

its the law guys. they do get paid mn wage

You go to a restaurant, you tip. Simple. Quit being cheap fucks. Give 15% or 18%. You look tacky as fuck by giving $5 on a $200 bill. Yes, the system is flawed but it makes sense. If all servers made minimum wage, no one would want to be a server. Do you know the amount of bullshit serves put up with? The ignorance the majority of the population has? People get seriously disgusting when it comes to their food. No way in hell anyone is going to want that job. So the tip factor is meant to be an incentive for servers to give good service with the expectation of a proper gratuity at the end of the meal. Quit being cheap you faggots.

I get paid over minimum wage, my hourly pay is taxed, based on my tips dipshit.

No on was forcing that cheap cunt to pay 18%
>I will shit in your food and give you hepatitis
Pasta/10
Why make up things and post them on the internet?

I hope you don't expect sympathy

The tipping system is, in total, intended to get you better service. Do you really want to be served. By some dick making minimum wage? Who has no reason to refill your drink. Other than because he feels like it.

Good. Then the price would be on the menu, instead of being a hidden cost.

You either tip or restaurants start charging 30% more to cover wages for their front of house staff.

There are plenty of restaurants that do this already.

On that 3rd post what makes you think he is making that stuff up? That is a real thing that can happen depending on the laws of the area that youre in

>Do you know the amount of bullshit serves put up with?
Not a lot compared to someone in Walmart returns.
But I'm responding to pasta

Muh ok

youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k

Fuck you you stupid piece of republican garbage. I hope your kids get cancer and your mother dies in a fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=xPeIm20TYjI

Don be a cheap fag. Ive been a server once and I got tips every time. I made 5.11 dllars per hour, all I had was tips.
I could easily make 60 to 200 per day

>wah life is hard
You see what all those kindergarten teachers spouting about fairness and participation created? It's the future we chose.

If you voluntarily work in a restaurant as something other than a chef, you are mentally challenged by default so yeah

And what of restaurants that don't list any prices on their menus? Would you be that guy to ask the waitress what the price of 10 different things are to help figure out what you want to eat

No, they get paid like 2$ an hour and the rest is made up by tips

Actually not pasta (I'm cool) we just had a hepatitis outbreak in our town. ;)

Because they make up to or more than min with tips
If they don't it's a free government call to have someone come down and straighten up the business in question.

But why ruin a good thing by getting the authorized involved?

hahahahaha come on you can't believe this

I know people with college degrees who works at restaurants because the job market is shit

I don't want a god damn server anyway you fuck. I have to wait for you fucks to refill my drink, but I would get up and do it myself if the damn restaurants didn't hide the fountain in the kitchen.

Your job is easily replaceable by robots, and no one really likes dealing with you anyway.

Your dad gave you your current job huh?

idk some of the most stressed people I've ever met to work in restaurants are the chefs... Looks fun on tv, but most are fucking twats

I never said we should get the authorities involved, I was just pointing out that no boss will ever choose to pay you hourly over paying you a fraction of that and letting you earn tips

Yes.

Then again I'm also the guy who, after I finished my meal, immediately goes to the cash place to pay instead of waiting at the table for you slow ass fucks to get there.

Not sympathy, I expect to be tipped by you for the service you received. My hourly pay covers the taxes that are taken from the tips you should have given :)

Troll harder christfag. You write like a bitch.

He could be being honest but getting that level of fucked is completely voluntary. To act like it's the restaurants fault is just silly.
Sure user
Because you know you make more than minimum wage.

Server wages varie from state to state and from country to country.

Get a useful degree faggot. Or better yet, realize that college has become a bloated scam and instead opt to go to vocational schools for something like Programming or CyberSecurity. You chose that life by going to a place that steals your money and offers no value other than their theoretical "well rounded understanding of the world".

It's not a hidden cost or we wouldn't be talking about it. It's an implied cost, are people this stupid?

No. I don't live in the States so I don't have to suck corporate cock to get a job.

I don't see how you can believe that you offer good service when you openly admitted to getting butthurt and fucking with people's food if they don't tip you.

Good service isn't conditional. It's either something you do or you don't.

At a certain point you have to admit you dont know what youre talking about.. Not to us but to yourself

It's a hidden cost because it is not advertised before you make the deal.

You just have to suck your dads dick...

>I don't want a god damn server anyway you fuck. I have to wait for you fucks to refill my drink, but I would get up and do it myself if the damn restaurants didn't hide the fountain in the kitchen.

This. I generally don't want to have any conversation with servers when I go out to eat. I'll give you at least 20% to get me my food and refills and leave me the fuck alone.

Sevres maling minimum wage at the end of their pay period is the law in America. How they come to that number is what varries.
If waiters were truly getting fucked on pay all the time there'd be something done. It's literally a free phone call and a government worker comes for free and investigates your work. Fuck waiters acting like holier than thou little shits. Every one of you customers leaves in 45~90 minutes and is obligated to give you extra money. Kill yourself.

That wouldn't give me a job. My dad doesn't even work in the same area as I do.

just out of curiosity what do you take into account when tipping? Do you pay attention to how many tables they have at one time including your own? Ive never been a server but i have been a bus boy and ive noticed that every single table expects to be treated like they are the center of their servers attention. Sometimes it is either just not possible or just fucking unrealistic to expect that of them. Now this isnt to say that some servers really dont give a shit. But id say the majority of them do try and make your experience enjoyable BECAUSE they make shit money and depend on those tips

Troll shut up, you are either skinny or fat, or a combination of the two.. Go eat a cum muffin

Fuck you piece of liberal shit. Get a real fucking education instead of women studies or art so you actually know something about economics.

You'll have to stipulate how I'm being dishonest before I can refute you.

This. I live in Canada and we don't have this Rift between people believing tips are optional/mandatory half as bad as america. Because restaurants still have to follow the same minimum wage as everyone else

How is a combination of those two possible? Think about what you say before you say it kid.

This on so many levels. Fucking libtards think they are entitled to everyones wallet.

eh thats a little ignorant, id say a lot of servers are of college age and are either trying to support themselves while trying to obtain a degree that would allow themselves to "choose a better future" or are working to get out of the industry

I'm actually a bartender so I rarely deal with cheap bitches, and normally people want to be on my good side... But be good to servers too, they work hard

automatically adding the tip pisses me off
that isn't a tip at that point because the customer has no control over the amount
it is a commission
the owner should just raise the prices by however much the automatic tip is and give that to the staff as commission

Cash place...where is this, sizzler?

Yeah. My restaurant has one server and maximum 48 seats to take care of at any given time. Skeleton crew baby

I do blame the god damn system. I would start a campaign to clean this shit up, but I know it will get no where because of one simple fact: the servers who are able to put on a shit eating smile will fuck up any attempt to reform the system because they are able to make 150-300 a night in tips, much more than they would get if they did get their precious minimum wage. Therefore, they like to use that as an excuse, but they don't really believe in it.

Here here OP. I dont get tipped to do my fuckin job. If their wages are such shit get a better job. My feelings about tipping are exactly that of steve buschemi aka Mr. Pink in the movie Reservoir Dogs.

Me and my brother both made way above minimum wage with tips every night
Would pull about 120 a night and sometimes 250 on weekends
Making minimum wage at a fucking petsmart id make about 70 a day before tax
Tips are earned by taking care of your tables and making sure everyone is happy not a right

Then why do you keep sucking his dick? Lol or is that the job?

breast size and skin color
call me sexist and racist all you want, but studies have shown that those two factors contribute far more to the tip amount than service quality

Do we really have to do this again? Okay fine. Look, it's already been perfectly explained.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

Look it up, hepatitis outbreak, see what cities pop up... I don't lie, not because I can't, because I don't need to :)

Then don't eat out you stupid Jew

well lets break that down, so 48 seats lets say an average of 4 seats per table. So at most they would have 12 tables at a time. That would still be what people in the restaurant industry call "in the weeds" however if that is rarely the case then they should be able to provide more than adequate service. Also im drunk

Fair enough, but still, people realize how much debt college gives you, and they still choose to go to it? There are so many alternatives that, if you actually care, can get you farther ahead than college ever will.

i never give less than 25%

because i'm not poor. you only stiff on tip if you're poor.

I've never touched anyone's drink or food :) just thought the dumb user who pasted this thread could understand the importance of tips

Eh i mean if you want to be a shitbag then that's your prerogative. But i wont lie and say that is generally the case. I wont call you sexist or racist you can just be a shitty human being

1. If you don't want to tip go to a fast food place.
2. Don't be a poor piece of shit.

Okay then.

Still, I don't see how you can call these people dumb. They're just taking notice of a flaw in the system that's been growing for years and pointing it out. Sure, they might be cheap. They might be greedy. They might be jerks. But this is America, where people have the freedom to be that way.

It's fucking standard knowledge, why would it be advertised. Have you never left your cave before? Do you smell like pissed, and keep cheats in your folds for when the food takes too long? Fuck off..

But user, if you're relying on tips, then you're the poor piece of shit.

greedy =/= poor

plenty of ways for legitimate businesses to legally pay their workers less than minimum wage
In my shitty state if they gross less than half a mil a year they don't have to, or if they have less than 20 or so employees

Tipping is sexist.

Whats the one job any grown woman in america can get no matter how uneducated or stupid? Serving. Just be a pretty face and bring the food.
We dont tip the people who make the food, we dont tip people who work at McDonald or anything. We just tip our waitress because as a chivalrous society we like to take care of women. Tipping was a thing back when men were the breadwinners and payed for everything.

Tipping only existed as a value because women were valued in society. Now thanks to Feminism, people don't have time for this silly entitled shit. Now male servers are more common and people see them as servers, and not what the waitress image used to be.

doesnt that cover literally every human being on earth faggot?

Fk

Know or understand? woman's studies is probably a good major, lots of chicks.

Jesus christ, can we just start charging a 15% "server fee" and shut up? That way, you whiny fucks can shut up, and we can stop feeling like we're forced to pay an optional cost because then it would be mandatory.

What shit state are you in?
Citation or you're full of shit.

Skinny arms fat stomach, get an imagination... Autism

jeezz guy come up with some new material, that shits older than the crust forming on my balls

6 sixtop tables.12 seats at the bar. In season you won't have time to banter with tables at all, just perform the minum service to all the tables/bar. Tables are usually in and out of the restaurant very quickly, so you generally don't "equalize" (get everyone taken care of so you have time to banter with customers etc), there's always something to do or someone to help or a refill to be had (south florida on the beach, people guzzle their drinks). We've had our slowest month this month, which is like a vacation just shooting the shit with other people on vacation. I've been able to provide a better and more elevated experience for customers this month, but christ is the money shit this month. Just glad I have minimum wage to fall back on for the slow season

in my country you give the dude the amount of money that you want

But then no one would go out to eat.
The option to fluctuate that final nickel and dime is a huge factor.

Name one specific alternative in one specific field that will get you further ahead than college would in that same field. I'm not even narrowing it down, any field you like.

The tipping system is horribly flawed. I couldn't agree more. However, any customer who fails to tip when decent service is rendered is probably just an asshole, unless he also speaks to the restaurant owner/manager to express that they should move away from the tipping system and into a living wage.

By simply neglecting to tip, he's not helping to fix the problem. He's simply fucking the restaurant staff. Maybe just the waiter, or maybe the table busers and cooks if the tips are pooled.

You see, restaurants are legally obliged to make up the difference if tips don't bring a server to minimum wage. However, many managers will neglect to do this. They know that the likelihood of a server taking a complaint to the department of labor is slim to none.

Fucking cumstain. I hope your mother shits blood and dies.

You give god 10%? You are fucking retarded. Churches are nothing but a way to make money. God, if he/she/it exists, doesn't need money. yet you give him 10%.

Do some math. You give 10%. say you make 30K a year that is $3000.00 a year from you alone. Now lets say there are 40 people in the congregation. That is 3000 X 40 = $120,000.00 a year the preacher gets. If you apply this to the actual number of people in your church and take into account that there are probably several that make more then 30K and a few that make less than 30K. You can get some really good numbers. Also take into account that because it is a "Church" they don't pay taxes either.

Not the waiter/waitress are exempt from the minimum wage law. They average $2.20 - $9.85 (payscale.com/research/US/Job=Waiter/Waitress/Hourly_Rate). The lower rate would be in areas where the cost of living is lower and the higher in the higher areas of the US. Would you do that job and put up with pieces of shit like you, who would rather give their money to a profit making church? Who is the one that is dumb?
pro tip: look in the mirror.

A cybersecurity degree from a vocational school. At my local vocational school's program, you get all 7 levels of certification commonly accepted in the cybersecurity field. In college, you don't get any certifications. And certifications matter more in technology than degrees kiddo.

ITT: Retards who still support capitalism like the failures they are.

Tips would not be needed in a true National Socialist society, all of us will be equal as brothers.

Thanks, I'm convinced it happened now

Everyone in my restaurant makes an even cut of the tips. Cooks make a higher wage and get an even cut of tips, but servers make minimum, not industry wages. It helps encourage teamwork and everyone's happy walking out with cash

Something tells me that you never tip because everyone is mediocre no matter the service

How convenient for you

Sure, and don't leave your dungeon.

I keked. gg user

alright that doesn't sound so bad, as i said earlier i was never a server just a bus boy. However i do work for a local dominos and i was wondering on what people's thoughts were on tipping delivery drivers. Thankfully they pay us minimum wage and we keep all the tips we make. Obviously CC tips are taxed and you'd have to be an absolute moron to claim cash tips so i do pretty alright for myself. We are also going through a bit of a down time but that happens around this time of year or so im told. I only started in May of this year

Thank you for the based example I was honestly just curious

>But this is America, where people have the freedom to be that way

Tard's can tard, we can call them out on their tardery.

This

>I will blah blah blah your food

Dude, shutup. No one cares. I've been telling little useless fucks like you off for years. Probably had shit all in my food. I could never tell.

Stop being a passive aggressive little pussy and just confront me. But you can't, because you know I'd drop your ass like a sack of tators. Get a real job, pussy.

Btw, the shit burger and snot soup were delicious. Still no tip though.

In the end, pink tips ;) so suck it up

Someone please explin to me how that works. I'm not american; in my country a waiter as a monthly paycheck, people usually give what ever they want in tips, and we dint pay taxes on them..... In some restaurants when you receive the tip you put in a box and at the end of the month it gets divided by all the employees.....

this, how do servers think that fucking with people's food is an acceptable tactic? If the person never knows that their food was fucked with, then it literally does no harm to them.

There's skinny, fat, combo, or good shape.. I swear I'm never typing here again. People are soooooo stupid.

I delivery drove a bit. You're gonna absolutley destroy your car, man. The money is ok, but i'd look for another gig if I was you.

As for tipping drivers, between 2-5$, 5 being the highest i'll give. Unless my order is 50$ or something high like that, i'm not gonna go beyond that 5$ threshold. I don't understand my friends that will tip 20% on a fucking delivery order. I was happy with a 5-7$ tip when driving, why the fuck are you giving this guy 15 bucks

>Be 22
>Walk into epencive restaurant
You faggots take forever to sit me
>Ask for the most expensive thing for me, my wife and my sister because it looks delicious.

"Its 27 dollars per dish"
>...... i know.. i can read..

Oh ok what will you liketo drink?
>Blue moon,
"Its 7 dollars"
>I know... i can read...

This bitch treated me as if I didn't have money, took forever to get refils and it was as if i was bothing her or some shit
Now tell me why should i tip her.. the bill for 3 people came to be over 100 she could of made money of me but instead decidet to be a bitch about it.

Fuck all of you just because im young looking doesn't mean I dont have cash now get my shit and suck this dick.

jesus user which pastor touched you and for how long

You are going to the wrong college, every college around me won't even let you have a degree without at least 3 cert's, so you're wrong about that

i have a degree, zero certifications, and make six figures
how much do you make kiddo?

Fine and you can add on the lost 3-5 percent if they were acceptional. Sounds great

First reasonable post in the thread

This is how you should be, in contrast to the "I never ever tip because I'm a greedy, selfish, Jew faggot and you can't stop me. Nah nah nah nah boo boo :)"

nobody does this at any place that isn't a shithole

yeah i'd say that im more than happy with anything over four bucks. I do live in an affluent area so a 10 dollar tip isnt uncommon. The nice thing about Dominos is that they also pay 30 cents on the mile for every delivery. I don't plan on keeping this job as its just a temporary thing for me to help save some extra money before moving to go to a university

>how hard we try
>try

lmao. Follow procedure? I pay for my food, the cost of service is incorporated in that. If you can't be bothered to make a stand on the matter, don't expect me to compensate for your laziness/passive nature.

yeah but seriously when they do a fucking bad service but think they deserve tips in the end this alway piss me off.

i have even go talk with one before leave and told him im giving zero tips because he did such a poor service...

but im always thinking 15 % way to high so im giving 2$ or 4$ usualy for a meal who cost 30-40$ usualy. deal with it

its a good system.
plenty of people with no real skills can work one restaurant service job and make a living, if they're decent. This is only possible with a majority tip system based on performance.

wouldnt a combo of sinny and fat land in good shape simply due to the fact that a healthy bmi would account for some fat

For me I tip but I tip according to quality of service. If you suck at it you get no tip. If you are ok you get my standard $5.00. If you are good you get more than 20%. On very rare occasions when I got exceptional service I have tipped more than the bill total.

It's like any other job. You do good work for me you get more. You do shitty work you get less.

I'm in Missouri, it was on a poster hanging in the donut shop I worked at, a non franchise place. Also this was ~6-9 years ago and I asked two different attorneys that were regular customers about it and both of them were shocked at first but next time I saw them they said they looked into it and it was legal for two reasons for them to pay me $7 when the state raised the minimum to 7.5
Not gonna look anything up for you, google it if you think it's so crazy

1st job was a dishwasher at upscale italian joint. manager waited tables on top of his regular pay making bank. meanwhile i was busting my ass doing 10+ hour shifts making nothing and when i put my notice in they offered a $0.50 increase. N2m all the fucking food he stole on shift.

Your state obviously has better education than mine. Still, 7 is better than 3. And with all the stress taken off by never having that college debt, I'd say it's worth it.

College to me is basically an extension of high school. People expect to go in, and get out with knowledge. That's not how it works. All the people who we as americans deem "successful" got that way be find loopholes and alternatives. Gates, Jobs, Dell are all dropouts. What separates them from other dropouts is that they cared and were willing to roll up their sleeves to find alternatives. College is a system for the obedient and the hivemind. No one will ever make a million dollars by going to college.

What world are you in, you dumb faggot? Some replaceable waitress is going to demand the restaurant change its paying practices? You'd be gone in seconds. Maybe you'd be a step closer to homelessness.

yeah i'm sure you'll walk out with like 150 on a weekend. What I really hated the most about it was using my GPS while driving. I'm kind of amazed I never got into an accident.

You know why you're making minimum wage + tips?

Because you're too stupid to understand that if you go to a sit down restaurant it would cost more if tips weren't a thing.

The standard industry wage would be higher, idiot.

None. I'm just smart enough to see the reality of it and what it really is.

someone has to do it, and they won't be doing it because there's no other options

Yes brother!!

I always leave a 30% tip, since I always trash their bathrooms by clogging all the toilets and pissing all on the floors....then smear soap all over the mirrors. I 'll also turn off the lights when i leave if anyone else is in the bathroom.

In what?

I'll take 5$ on a 40$ bill. It's not 20%, but who cares? If I can get every table to give me at least 5$, then I'm walking out with good money for an 8 hour shift

(((They))) won't allow this. That's why we need to remove (((Them))).

this sounds like a great solution
tipping is a shitty system, not because it costs money, but it makes the whole dining experience more stressful

>is the server going to complain and spit in my food next time because i "only" tipped 15%?
>is my colleague going to resent me because i can afford to tip 30%?
>do i need to cover for my friend who didn't leave much tip?

Thankyou, there are really stupid people here, who hate tipping...

If you spent all that money to go to college for a degree with a shitty market for it, how are you not literally retarded?

I wish I could just give the owner an 5 bucks so I DON'T have to have a server. It's not out of cheapness btw, I just hate the fake banter between me and the server. I can easily walk the 10 feet to grab my food when it's done as well. Also, before I get a bunch of hate I regularly tip 20-25% and 30% on excellent service becuase I like to make the servers happy when they do a good job.

This fucking thread. AGAIN. Yeah, this receipt is dumb because of the "God" shit. As far as waiters/waitresses go; I was a bus boy way back when. If there polite, good at their job, they will be compensated accordingly. For a business to "implement" some mandatory minimum tip makes them look bad. If you're a shit waiter, you get nothing. A decent waiter makes ok money per hour if they earn it. Stop whining. Fucking Dominos; shit-tier pizza anyway, started the fucking "delivery fee", AND expect you to give their drivers a "nice tip" as well, in addition to tax. Fuck that.

If I'm obligated to pay extra on top of the bill in order to get service that most people don't even want anyway, there should be an option to decline said service and opt to just grab your food and drinks yourself.

Most of the time you're fucking slow on the refills, you prioritize based on whatever fucking metric you want when it comes to actually delivering the food, and when you do finally show up you stand around for a minute like an asshat "How is your meal so far?" It'd be better if you'd make yourself more useful and served the people behind us who have been waiting 45 minutes.

Except for the ones in charge. They always get the most because if you don't do what they say or if you voice your opinion. You go on vacation to the gulag.

compsci and applied math degrees
software engineer by trade

Keep your bait

yeah haha it really is a bitch, but i try and put in the address either before i leave or while im in the driveway of the delivery before the next. Which im sure has given some people fucking anxiety. Like why the fuck is he just sitting out there.
Also since i drive during the day sometimes i wear sunglasses. Do you think that if people look and see that i have relatively expensive sunglasses that could negatively impact my tips? Like oh this kid has Ray Bans he must be doing fine i dont need to tip. Also not trying to perpetuate a stereotype but fucking black people are honestly the worst tippers

Funny you have probably never been in a fight.

oh thank you great fedora lord youve opened my eyes to the false gods deceit and trickery, truely we should murder all church goers in large piles or at the very least all the pastors and preachers for their evil money schemes thought up by the ancient jews we partially base our faith on

>you are either skinny or fat, or a combination of the two
are you seriously this retarded?

you honestly can't be.

I think people misunderstand what a tip is. It is about paying servers for how much they work, not how good they are.

If youre a server on a very slow day, you barely earm your 3/hr (2.5 plus the three tables you get).

If you're working on a busy day, you're work is hard, like legitimately difficult. You deserve the 15-20/hr you are making.

As long as you perform your job to an acceptable level, the tip ensures you make your appropriate wage.

Costumers see the returns in a lower bill and lack of service charge (which some restaurants do instead of tip).

Seven faggot

Yep. The constant "You ok? Need anything?" If it is a high volume time of day for the restaurant, they do this to free up a table, not because they care about the customer. I have said, "I'm good." In a firm, "leave me the fuck alone-type way", when this occurs.

Unless you run it through the dump sink pipe... Plus it's just good to know, dont be a deck to the hands that touch your food.

As a lot of other people, I served tables throughout college also. It's a job that gives you flexibility when under course load, and freedom to work whenever and however long you want in your free time.

i have seen many people come and go in the restaurant industry. Most just don't understand the grind you have to be on at some places to make your mark.

Yes, there's that fake plastic smile, but that will only get you so far. You have to own it. You have to act like the customer is your long lost friend. This isn't for the tip, but it's to coerce the upsell.

Sounds scumbaggy, but it affects the total bill at the end. That total bill determined the tip, I think it's just psychological. My restaurant never had the percentages at the bottom.

Sure there will be some tables that stiff you, but it's your duty at that point to man up. It's your money on the line, turn and burn. Make the money up.

Serving is easy, sure. In most restaurants you can cheat the system by floating NA bevs, or splitting checks, or gift receipts. Few people actually do the hard work though.

Don't get me wrong, glad I never have to serve another table again. But when I take my wife and kids out, I will take care of the server that takes care of us, and the converse.

/rant

Samefagging

I also think it is hilarious how awful people become given the slightest bit of power to judge another.

You really think they deserve a 2.5 dollar hourly wage because they forgot one of the straws in your drink?

No one cares how hard you work, only if you're good at what you do. Ditch diggers work real hard, but we don't tip them do we?

Used to be a server at a place called winsteads in kansas city. I was paid no shit $2.12 and a half cents an hour. How they figured that half cent ill never know. But i made decent money in tips at least 80 to100 a day. You got to sell yourself like a cheap whore and a fake smile and i fucking hated it. So i quit that shit. Think the movie waiting. Its pretty accurate

then why isnt everyone tipped for good service, do you tip your plumber?

I don't work at a restaurant so I don't rely on tips I'm just saying be a normal person and pay the tip it's not like giving up a couple extra dollars will kill you (unless you're a poor piece of shit)

LOL nope no fedora hat here. It doesn't take a physicist to figure it out. But with religious tards it doesn't matter. You will do what you do because you are a sheep. That is why you are all known as a flock, and like sheep you are not required to think just do what you are told. Funny thing is, most actual sheep herders have a goat in the flock. This is because sheep are so stupid they will not run from danger but a goat will and the sheep do what they do and follow.

Think all the customers don't know that smile is fake? Hence low or no tip for your ass.

>Thinking reality is bait

Keep your shitty job.

Idk user, try dressing like a complete begger one day to see if you get more tips than wearing a full blown suit all day.

idk what it is about black people, but I can squeeze some tips out of them if I treat them like fucking royalty. Offer them ANYTHING to make their experience better and be nice as fuck to them. I do think it's hilarious though that they almost ALWAYS instinctly go to the VERY back table, which is perfect 'cause I get to inform them it's the hottest table in the restaurant and they see me as already being helpful.

so you agree we should kill all pastors and preachers and shoot the pope to cause mass panic in the christian/catholic communities to the point they throw themselves off cliffs in a show of fait

Just keep strawmanning, bruh.

Na we need to convince the pope to bring back the crusades. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak LOL.

"Hello my name is..."
"SPRITE!" ... "Wit a bow uh cherries!"

>they do this to free up a table

You mean like try to flip the table? Get them out the door faster

>Call servers lazy
>Go out just so you can be lazy and have people feed and serve you for a night
>Think you are better then them and they deserve nothing for taking care of your sorry ass

Fucking retard logic only on 4chin

Just go put on your Trump mega gear, and worship your shrine to him. Give all your guns to a friend/neighbor before November 9th, so you don't off yourself.

Not that user, but sometimes. If it is s busy day and there are campers, our pocket gets hurt.

Some days are nice and profitable without much chaos... Others it's s turn and burn grind.

>oh this kid has Ray Bans he must be doing fine i dont need to tip.
Yes.
Me personally anyway, if you obviously flaunt unnecessary, expensive things like jewelry why would I think I should help you out? Sure, glasses are necessary but I can walk to two or three places in 55 minutes and get an 8-$20 pair of glasses so if yours cost a weeks worth of your pay then yeah, fuck you that means you live with your parents and don't have bills
And I've told niggers that to their black faces when they demanded money.
>Shit, look at all that jewelry you are wearing, clearly you are doing way better than I am, obviously I chose the wrong career
The dude with the shitty car that looks like it's all he can do to keep from killing himself?
That's the guy I tip

yeah. If they have been there longer than the restaurant/management wants, and there are people waiting for a table, they want your ass out.

Yeah, waiters hate when some jackass sits at their table for 2 hours. You could have gotten 2 tables through in that time and doubled your tip.

It was a walk in diner not a Applebee's or some shit dumb ass. Google winsteads kansas city trust me i was happy with 80 - 100 bucks

which is why, if I have the time, I take my time. heh

haha well they didnt quite cost a weeks worth of pay, by relatively expensive i mean 70 bucks also i dont have a shitty car but that's only because i was able to buy it using the life insurance money left to me from my dad

if you have a problem with that, post a time limit on tables
otherwise fuck off
i've already had to wait 40 minutes for you to deliver my food, so now i'm going to relax and enjoy it for a while

I don't judge on performance unless something massively stupid happens, sometimes waiters are super busy with loads of tables. The fuck do I care if I only get visited twice during my meal I'm not some pussy bitch that can't make up his mind about what I want or what I need.

Just a reminder that every US citizen working inside the US gets paid at the very least the federal minimum wage.

I personally don't give a shit how long a table stays. I genuinely wanna make sure those campers don't want another refill because god forbid they changed their mind after they said they were good on the soda refill, then they wanna tip me less because I didn't check on them after they sat around with the check for another 20 mins and no soda to sip. And again, stay as long as you like, that's just one less table I have to help and get to focus more on everyone else. For me it's not so much about turning tables as much as it is about legit having fun. The tips always seem to follow with that attitude

What I find annoying is when people don't tip the artist when they get a tattoo done.

webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm

servers deserve at least $40 an hour
they studied for years to get their liberal arts degrees to prepare for it

>lazy bum

Shut the fuck up someone has to work those fucking jobs. Don't act all entitled because you don't have a service job or never have had one. Also, if they werent paid less than minimum wage, they would not be reliant on the tips. Also, inb4 "triggered wage cuck". I'm relatively wealthy so I never had to work a job as terrible as a food service job.

>6-9 years ago
>Post a state raise
Context is important. You silly cunt. I'm sorry you had to exist in Missouri

Silly fag Canadian, tips serve an important purpose

All you need to do is compare the average quality of service at a conventional restaurant and the average quality of service at a minimum wage fast-food restaurant to know tips matter

Totally why I rarely eat out, fuck all that stress I'll cook something

This too, I know they don't care how I'm doing, why always fucking ask this? That fake and gay banter is so bad I started telling cashiers/waiters whatever, it's all I can do not to kill myself, just lost a testicle to cancer, fucking ex kidnapped, murdered, cooked and ate my dog, anything to get them to leave me alone
And when they recoil in terror I look offended and say well then don't fucking ask me you cunt

No they get paid minimum wage. The point I was trying to get across is exactly that. It has very little to do with how hard you work, and more with the quantity of work expected.

Then you'd have shittier waiters who don't care because they'll get paid the same regardless

Oh, fuck off. Restaurant jobs are not lazy people jobs, and you'd know that if you'd ever done it.

>Used to serve part-time in a busy joint on nights and weekends. Don't do that shit anymore, fuck that.
>Most of the staff, myself included, also had a full time "real job" during the weekdays, plus college classes in between
>18 hour workday very common for entire staff, no such thing as breaks
>Most new employees dont make it past a week
>Managers bumping coke to make it through shifts
>Ran a pedometer during lunch shift, 23 miles amassed
>don't get to eat, don't get to piss unless all tables got their tendies at the same time
>Get paid $2/hr since supposedly people understand how tipping works
>actually works out great when this is the case
>Oh wait, kikes and niggers and asians and people like OP all being humongous Jews.

The menu would be 20% more expensive if you weren't expected to tip. If serving doesn't count as a real job, then your IT help desk job that's on its way to India doesn't count for shit. Heat up your own goddam chicken nugger and then shove it right up your arse.

Like I said, sometimes. And I adopted the 'stay as long as you like' attitude as well when I served tables.

I agree, it was one less table to worry about, but I always made sure to visually check on them (silent service) after they had paid out. I understand though, I've seen people strike through tips on other servers' receipts because they got neglected after the drop off.

>If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 an hour do not equal the Federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

Stop being retarded, user.

You are literally retarded. Most waiters are studing in university and paying for their own education unlike man-children with rich daddies like you. Some people even like the job. And guess what, what the fuck would you do if there were no waiters huh? It's like looking down on the garbage man, but he's likely more important to society than you will ever be because if he disappeared everything would go to shit and if you disappeared nobody would fucking care

Except that's not true. There's been tons of studies that show people who feel they've received excellent service barely tip anymore, 1-2% more on average.
Other countries without tipping don't get shit service because there's no tips, they still get good service otherwise people wouldn't go there.

>Give 15% or 18%. You look tacky as fuck by giving $5 on a $200 bill. Yes, the system is flawed but it makes sense.

Just a question, do they even show the amount of tip anywhere BEFORE you enter a place?

In Finland, there's no tip culture so I have no idea what I'm looking at.

In some asian countries they had "service fee 10%" or something similar in the menu so you knew what you were getting into.

~20% increase in price without actually knowing it beforehand sounds harsh, even if you don't "have to" pay it and then make the lives of waitresses miserable.

lol.....yeah, thats a fake site. kys.

>Strawman

You mean a relevant argument to the conversation?

Stay in denial. No mental gymnastics will validate your delusion.

>And guess what, what the fuck would you do if there were no waiters huh?
Eat out without having to tip waiters?

its not only 3 though... they have all of them too... plus the degree, so 8 is better than 7

Lol you sound like a jealous fuck. If they get that many tips, they deserve it. Nobody's forced to give them lots of tips each night. Each time they were tipped well, there was a happy customer who'll come back. They're getting their cut for drumming up business for the restaurant.

That "tip" is you paying for the service of being served. If you don't want to pay a tip, then serve yourself.

How about just build it into the cost of the food and call it a day?

Gratuity is there as an incentive to provide good service. It's called working hard for more money. This country is founded on it.

There's plenty of other places where you can go that doesn't have such a reward system....you know, if you're the kind of person that naturally has zero self worth like most of you seem to demonstrate...

dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

Even if you already paid I'm still gonna check on you. Since I split the tips with 3 other people, your tip doesn't really mean that much to me. It's more important for me to hear how great their experience was and even get good reviews online. Whatever it takes for big boss man upstairs to value me even more until I work up the balls to ask for a hefty 50cent or 1$ raise. Or even better, he'll listen to me when I want someone fired or request days off. Politics all day my nigga

But they wont let me.
If I get to set the standard at which to pay for your service, I choose nothing. It's at the end of the meal its not like you'll do anything about it.

in murrica expected tip levels are never advertised, and never on the menu
you're expected to correctly judge the special snowflake level of your server to determine whether they deserve 15% or 35%
if you judge wrong, they'll shame you on instagram

Ok this is ridiculus, not only are we supposed to support these lazy cows because they are too dumb to get a better job but they also expect us to take on the burden of inflation by expecting $2 for a gallon of their milk?

Garbage men get paid pretty well, some are unionized. They don't have a whiny, sissy attitude. They just do there job. "I'm going to college and paying my way." Why the FUCK do students expect some god-like praise for this? Some never had that opportunity, and not talking about the lazy-asses. They went from high school to work. Suck dick for your tuition money.

Buy me a beer if you want me to spoonfeed this shit to you user

Blame the employer for not paying them properly. It's not their fault. I'm from a country where this stupid shit doesn't exist because we pay our wait staff properly. Also, implying they're lazy when it was possibly the only job they could get, and it's a hugely shitty job dealing with so many assholes, but they still do it ....man you're not too smart are you. And no, I've never worked in that industry because I've been lucky enough to get other job opportunities, but there are plenty of people who have no choice. So if you don't like it, fix your shitty country/system.

why even be in this thread then if you're not even relevant

This proves his point.
>BUT IT SAYS 2.13!!!!
Your literacy could use some work.

Right. I'm with you.

Glad I don't have to do it anymore though.

Fair enough.

But since good service isn't guaranteed , why the fuck should the tip be?

That is why auto tipping sucks and i refuse to go to an establishment that has it.

I exhaled through my nose.

That's really good for your shittiest servers

Ok this is ridiculus, not only are we supposed to support these lazy sheep because they are too dumb to get a better job but they also expect us to take on the burden of inflation by expecting $80 for a sweater?

That's what fast food restaurants and grocery stores are for, sir. If you can't afford a tip you can't afford to eat at a quality dining restaurant.

TIPS used to be given to the waiter before the meal.
To Insure Prompt Service.
Now it's a standard.

Of course you don't have to tip a waitress who insults you, she asking for you to not tip

They should do this.

You're still paying for someone to wait on you. But I agree, poor service is not acceptable.

Ok this is ridiculus, not only are we supposed to support these lazy chickens because they are too dumb to get a better job but they also expect us to take on the burden of inflation by expecting $1.79 for a dozen eggs?

I think your confused about my point.

Servers are tipped so the pay reflects the volume of work, not the quality.

It's like working on comission in sales

< As much as I think that tips shouldn't be a thing because it's only a way restaurants to fuck over there employees and make more money for themselves. All though I do understand that restaurants that are first starting up have very small margins of profit or even nonexistent. (most restaurant start ups fail in the first 7 years)

I'll just say this because no one seems to have brought it up yet.

If you don't like it learn to cook and don't go to a restaurant if you don't like paying for it.

Pic related

Hey, if a hot, young waitress has a nice attitude, tits and ass, and blows me under the table while i eat my dessert. I'll tip her by blowing my load down her gullet.

You're probably alright and not smug looking then, but if someone makes a comment about something be sure to mention how it was a gift from your mom or something like that
>Yeah they are nice! I always just got the cheap ones from cvs but my girlfriend hated them and surprised me with these last month!
And some people will just never tip, I worked at few dominos over the years and there was always a symbol or a note in the customers details that let everyone discreetly know that order was not a priority.
Don't take it personally unless the customer tells you you took too long or gives a reason.

I don't do charity. I only pay tips to restaurants I'll return to because I want to have a good repour with the staff. Outside of that, I don't tip out of obligation; they need to earn my money. It isn't a given.

nah. you're afraid of them spitting in your food.

Another cretin detected. Would you like some pretty, shiny objects to play with in the corner while the adults talk? Off you go! Good boy.

Ok I'll try to make it real simple for your real simple brain. University takes time. A lot of time (lectures, tutorials, home study, assignments and tests) ....practically all the time in your week I'd you actually care about passing your subjects and doing well. Jobs also take a lot of time. Doing both means you barely get to sleep or get any free time to see your friends or family. Students that work are anything but lazy. Your garbage man analogy means nothing, because being a garbage man is just a job. ...a normal job where you get to go home and rest and have free time after you're done. It's missing the other half of the problem... the study. What you said is idiotic. Please don't breed. Fucking faggot.

underrated

I'm not sure you fully embrace the concept of what economics means.
Source: BS in Business Econ

Also, go fuck yourself.

Not me, I worked for 3 years making a dollar less than the legal minimum do to loopholes in state laws.
I got by just fine since I have a roommate to split the bills with but being poor isn't too bad if you aren't an idiot.

In some cases, yes. I'm more talking about the restaraunts I really care about, though-- there's a couple in my city I go to every couple weeks. I like the place and the staff a lot and I think they deserve my money. I feel good when I tip them. Not when I tip some acne-ridden 16 year old bitch that takes 30 minutes getting a refill.

It depends on your bill, service, and the number of tables. 15% is always a solid bet. And in US there is usually a service charge if 20% for parties of six or more.

>re to abuse, people will abuse it. The founda
I hate this argument. It's one of the reasons I hate eating out. I tip but I tip because of good service, not out of an expectation.

this is how it is in Italy and the service always sucked.

Eh 18 is a bit high usually tip 15%. Maybe 20% depending on service. If server is complete shit/not nice I have no problem not leaving a tip though.

This. Don't go to a restaurant unless you expect to tip, if you want food without having to pay for service then got to McDonalds or Burger King. Got a problem with it? Then either go fuck yourself or feel free to change the restaurant business so it operates the same as every other country that doesn't have a tipping system. As for auto-tipping, if the service is bad then you complain to the manager and go from there. Their entire job is sucking your dick so you don't complain to the corporate office.

>lazy bums
Right, why don't those mooching waiters get off their asses and get a job... oh wait..

Fuck you dude

You can be my friend.

Yeah, I was referencing to the prior poster mentioning garbage men. You can't trigger me either son. Many people work and go to school, or have two jobs, and other obligations, etc. What the fuck is your point? Oh, and many don't look for a government handout for tuition. aka student loans. Like they will pay it back. ha.

Such dumb faggotry here, horrible comparison

Waiters are the faces of their restaurants. How they behave has a huge impact on whether customers come back. There has to be incentive for them.

Ditch diggers dig fucking holes. They are paid for the service. What a stupid comparison of two different jobs you've made. Do you think that diggers interact with their customers who, if impressed by the digger's service, will come back to have another ditch dug? No, faggot, they'll come back only if they need another hole dug.

Made 390 cash on a monday last night 5pm-3:30am. Bartending, while my friends and regulars had fun and I hit shots and dranks with them. Think it's easy to be a GOOD bartender? Think again, I will get you laid, I'm your voice of reason, psychologist, best friend. We are basically rock stars (if it's a good bar) around here

I work in a restaurant and people like you get spit and piss in their food (:

Some waiters have tip out, what tip out is a percentage of your tips are taken out and given to the chefs. At least anything above 18% you would make decent money. People who dont tip are or tip below 10% for at least decent service deserve stub their toe.

Don't go to the same place too many times, Jew fags like you get a reputation, then there are repercussions

good for you. I'm too autistic and don't like people much, so...

The minute they force a tip on me like that that is all they get.

This has to be a pasta.

Buzz wrong, not any more. Court ruling mean they couldn't force that anymore.

Lolol poor

I'd rather tip an artist who puts permanent work onto my body then some random person who put water on a table.

Having worked in customer service myself, I call complete bullshit on you remembering faces. This is just you venting to feel better.

Nah faggot it's both, and quality is what is being paid for the most

If you deal out shit quality service, how much quantity will you get in the long run

You're such a stupid shit "tips are for quantity duurrrrr" The customer's just sitting there thinking "damn, my server is doing a lot of work, look at all the tables he's doing at once. I think I'll tip big now."

They're actually thinking when's my food coming? Where's my refill? Where's my check.

God, keep your dumb fingers off the keyboard. Keep your stupidity to yourself.

nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/Texas-laws-tipped-employees.html
I work at a Japanese restaurant. Ive been told it was the managers decision to decided to withdraw a certain percentage of your tips.

Servers are the laziest, yet most entitled pieces of shit on the planet. Even moreso than welfare recipients. Majority of the time they're at work they spend time in the back fucking around on their cellphones. And then they think they deserve big money just because they carried a few plates of food to a table and dump some water into a glass.

But you ramble like you are a fucking retard. Anyone would spell things out for you and your downs troop of a family

>Ok this is ridiculus, not only are we supposed to support these lazy bums because they are too dumb to get a better job but they also expect us to take on the burden of inflation by expecting an 18% tip?
>>Ok this is ridiculus, not only are we supposed to support these lazy bums because they are too dumb to get a better job but they also expect us to take on the burden of inflation by expecting an 18% tip?

prolly the biggest fagot ive ever encountered

Nah man, real life. Impossible to get this job around here

Jesus fucking Christ its 29 fucking cents. Stop being a whiny little shit.