I'm writing a college paper on why Americans are so fat. Anyone have input...

I'm writing a college paper on why Americans are so fat. Anyone have input? I believe it's because America celebrates and encourages its lack of proper decision making.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html
newsmax.com/Health/Diet-And-Fitness/sugar-health-addiction-fat/2016/09/23/id/749812/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump my hump nigatar

1. Nauru 94.5
2. Federated States of Micronesia 91.1
3. Cook Islands 90.9
4. Tonga 90.8
5. Niue 81.7
6. Samoa 80.4
7. Palau 78.4
8. Kuwait 74.2
9. United States 74.1
10. Kiribati 73.6
11. Dominica 71.0
12. Barbados 69.7
13. Argentina 69.4
14. Egypt 69.4
15. Malta 68.7
16. Greece 68.5
17. New Zealand 68.4
18. United Arab Emirates 68.3
19. Mexico 68.1
20. Trinidad and Tobago 67.9
America is the ninth fattest country you cuck

I never said it was the fattest nignog

I used to weigh 300lbs, now I'm down to 150lbs, feels good mane

Food is just fucking good dude. We have so much delicious food which also happens to be fucking terrible for you. Eating food is truly underrated. I love food but I gotta be slow about it. Also, the food has been terrible in every country I've visited.

That's because other countries know better than to soak their food in and grease, hence better decision making.

1) Lack of impulse control in America
2) American culture dictates oversized portions in dining establishments (Note the tiny portions in France, for example).
3) Abundance of junk food everywhere you turn in America

Grease is not THE problem retard it is carbs and sugar

We Americans can eat what we want and as much of it as we want and still live because we have superior genes. You third World shit hole residents who are not smart enough to produce as much food, have to watch your portion sizes because you would die if you ate like we do.

AMERICA. FUCK YEAH!

Grease is oil, oil is almost pure carbs. You dumbass.

It's a combination of antibiotic use, and processed foods that discourage gut fauna diversity. It is compounded by capitalist motives which floods impressionable individuals with ads to purchase highly processed foods instead of maintaining a proper diet.

I believe for many it's less of a choice than most people think. There are lots of studies out there that explore cravings in obese people, mostly from a brain chemistry perspective.

What kind of class is this?

>trolling this hard

I like your answers.
I think they all kind of roll into lower class parenting, though.
Buy cheap food in bulk, and let the kids eat whatever they want because it's easier than parenting or teaching moderation.
I honestly think that's the biggest problem.

It's an English class where we have to do a controversial research paper. As an edgelord, this will be an easy A.

Companies sneak large amounts of HFCS and sugar into their foods because of the addictive properties. We regulate this very poorly.

I'm an American and I'm not fat.

Welcome to the minority.

For an edgelord, your topic isn't very edgy. I actually think it's an interesting question. Does the edgy part just come from excluding americans? that's not edgy at all.
I would say it's edgier to argue why it's good that the general populace is getting fatter. Unpopular opinions, na'mean?

There is a certain element to society that either never bothered to learn proper nutrition or simply doesn't give a shit. I've lived in the south my entire life and there are just these uneducated white trash people who are really fucking fat and they just waddle around everywhere. Most of them are on food stamps and the common complaint is well cheap food is unhealthy and these people eat a lot of white bread and a lot of carbs and cheap shit. But I think that's bullshit because you can buy vegetables pretty cheap. It's the fact that they I haven't bothered to research it or put the time and effort into it. They don't care.

I'm generalizing of course but if you live in the south you see this all the time. Every day. Of course there are people who do care that just have weight problems.

> if a corporation puts a box on a shelf and calls it food, then it must be food

because for the last 50 years, Americans were conned into low fat instead of low sugar diets, when the science eventually pointed out that its sugar that makes you fucking fat.

Good call, but it's a research paper. It has to have some facts/evidence. It would be FAR harder to find evidence supporting the idea that it's good we're gaining weight.

>eating fat doesn't make you fat
Hmmm

how many y'all mama been good she cook that collard green fat back meat cornbread 2 biscuit biscuit with the corn on the cob????

fucking white boy....

One of the simple answers is corporate marketing and power of this stuff. Most junk food and drinks are cheaper to buy and access. Also most companies claim to have that "health" option to turn to, when in reality if you check the nutrition bar, it's just a mask to cover the toxic ingredients to make it seem healthy.

Also it could be considered most American's in general are just dense...when they sue companies or companies turn and offer healthy option instead of just saying "No one is forcing you to eat you, that was your decision you twat."

>Corn subsidies
>Corn syrup
>free market
>individual healthcare
>individual choice
/college paper

Aww sheit, tell me bout dem chitlins now

it's to make up for their micrococks (same reason they need the big fucking cars)

nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html

This here.

As a person from the south too, there are white fat fuckers everywhere. Lot of them either have the "genetics" bullshit excuse, or just don't care.

newsmax.com/Health/Diet-And-Fitness/sugar-health-addiction-fat/2016/09/23/id/749812/

obviously eating fat will make you fat, but it actually will not make you fat as quickly as eating sugar. Metabolism is complicated.

You think I trust this bait? Get a grip bro. Probably cp on the other side of that link

> Third world shithole denizen detected

Enjoy your filth infested shanty town

How many fat people do you REALLY ask why they're fat though? If it's a lot, I give you props.

*eat here

Yeah. I'd totally concede what you're saying.
I do think, though, that the waddlers and their waddling families weren't taught self restraint. Of course vegetables don't taste better than cucumbers to someone who is addicted to sugar. They were raised on sugar.
That sort of thing. I think it's a big problem. It runs parallel with the diabetes epidemic.

lol, typical insecure amerifat reply. so easily triggered.

Why?

Many parents don't cook good food, there's not a very good nutritional education in the states. Kids are often taught to finish everything on their plate which obviously is going to cause problems when they're eating shit every night.

How about a paper dealing with feminism, currently women have superior rights compared to men (fact), and how they are really fighting to have anything they want and men should be slaves to them (also fact).

>triggered

tumblr is that way, faggot

So what are you saying here? What ishould the correlation between living in the south and being overweight?

but getting fat just makes your dick look smaller

*is

awww, poor triggered baby

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Why would you want to be fat if your Dick is small.

abundance of cheap food that is poorly prepared and saturated in bad dietary values __ and above that reasoning, because americans are extremely complacent and lazy __ why that is would be a real topic to discuss

god damn that is a fat mutherfucker. those ankle socks deserve a medal for holding those seams together.

Watch "Hungry for Change". Fantastic documentary. It has more than you will need to write a paper.

I think he's saying it has to do with sub-par education. I don't know if there's any actual evidence for that, but I'm probably with him, at least in spirit. Less God, more practicality.

simple carbs are convenient and cheap
/thread

I guess on a psychological level type shit, we Americans get catered too much. A lot is just handed to us, so we just become lazier (in a way it's like smarter cars for dumber people)
Also more money is given to food that would make you fat and shit...

Nutritionist here. I will give you why Americans are largely obese (pun intended).

For starters there is antibiotics in food. antibiotics routinely given to livestock to make them fat do the same thing to people. Antibiotics fatten by changing gut bacteria to make absorption of nutrients more efficient.

There are also other weight-producing drugs for livestock that of course are eaten by people. So it has the same impact as massive weight gain.

Ractopamine, marketed as Paylean for pigs, Optaflexx for cattle and Topmax for turkeys is widely used in the US and Argentina and banned in many other countries.

Also banned in European countries are the hormones US cattle growers rely upon, such as oestradiol-17, trenbolone acetate, zeranol and melengestrol. These also have ties to an increased rate of Breast Cancer.

There are also massive numbers of Pesticides and other endocrine disrupters. Some antibiotics and artificial sweeteners are similar molecules to endocrine disrupters—the chemicals used to make fire retardants and plastics that are increasingly in our food and environment. Endocrine disrupters, like BPA (Bisphenol A), banned in some baby bottles, and Triclosan found in Colgate’s Total and many dish detergents, are linked to a host of shocking symptoms like genital deformities in wildlife and infertility, low sperm counts and possible early puberty and diabetes in humans and also are linked to obesity.

Sugar substitutes also cause large weight gains. These sweeteners slow metabolism. They also separate “food seeking behavior” from the “reward” of real nutrients and can set up sweets addictions because the reward is never received.

They literally “train” people to crave sweets. Finally the presence of artificial sweeteners in a product doesn’t automatically mean natural sweeteners aren’t present too. Some food manufacturers use both.

So now you know why American's got so fat.

Being in top 10 isn't much better. We must cull the herds.

So literally everything we eat is killing us? WTF?

poverty

If Europe starts to import American food or adopts the lax standards then Europe will soon get fat just like the Mexicans and just like the Americans because it is impossible to stay slim with all the chemicals and medicines that are in the food and drink.

its because we eat so much animal products plain and simple.
>lmao at the cucks in this thread blaming carbs.

I live outside of Philadelphia and theres seriously a fast food place on almost every other block. That's probably why.

Because food tastes good, and we have money for food.

Shitty parenting, portion sizes and convenience. That about sums it up. Parents today are too lazy to make a meal so they throw in a frozen pizza. Once you're fat it's hard as fuck to change. This was my situation at least.

as being pc and overly tolerant increases so too does obesity
it's science

I'm pretty fat and I eat reasonably well and hit the gym 3 times a week. I just drink a huge amount of beer. I fucking love craft beer. There is new stuff coming out every day it seems like and I want to try it all. I probably consume more calories in beer per day than I do food. It's terrible but I have no plans on stopping either.

notice how every single country on that list is a shit country.

ok so this is hillary's talking points for the next debate?

BAHAHAHAAAA

>botting this hard

message to CTR top brass, we are coming for you.

>why Americans are so fat
We make the best tasting food on the planet and that's fact
The majority of citizens have disposable income of sorts
We mass produce the shit out of said food
We have freedom therefore nobody is topd they can't consume as much as they want
Now fuck off eurocuck and take your stale bantz with you

Nutritionist user how does the American diet effect the bacteria that lives inside the blood-brain membrane? Is it a bad scene?

High fructose corn syrup is only "bad" because of how concentrated the sugar is. Outside of that, our body processes it just like it does regular fructose. Y'know, the shit that makes apples, lemons, and oranges sweet(ish)? If we use took all of the calories from fructose out of an apple and replaced them with the same amount from high fructose corn syrup then we'd wind up with an apple that has the same amount of calories.

Also, ALL sugar is addictive. We're biologically programmed to want sugar because of its high calorie content. Our brains need a fuckton of calories to function in the way they do, hence the love for sugar. The problem now is that we've learned how to make sugar easily accessible.

tl;dr High fructose corn syrup is about as bad for you, calorie for calorie, as fructose, and our brains love it 'cuz CARBOHYDRATES

Only thing I can think of off-hand is that it's a sign that food is easy to come by. A very very heart attack inducing statistic.

Carbohydrates are terrible, I always feel so much better when I fill my calorie requirements with protein or even fat.

Real fruit is pretty great too tho ngl.

General poverty leading to lower standards in education, meaning fewer people get educated on the fact that sugar, while DELICIOUS, is bad for you in the long run.

I've heard that artificial sweeteners also train your brain to think that it's getting fewer calories than it actually is by making you split sweetness and calorie intake. Since sweetness is often linked with calories, the brain thinks that, say, an apple has fewer calories than it does because the tea you had that tasted like pure sugar had none. Any truth to this?

actually obesity rate is inflated by minorities specifically blacks. If nigs literally just stopped existing our country would improve by ten folds.