Less wind resistance

>less wind resistance,
>less muscle movement
>better balance
why aren't you running like this?

Nigga they run like that in anime so the animators can save money with a very basic fucking animation. Notice how when they do run like that all that really happens is some hair and mouth movement, and the background goes by on a short loop. It's a budget run you retard

That's a very insightful observation that I had not considered
Am not OP

idon't see how the artist's reasons affect the viability of running like this in real life

>viability
Running while maintaining a pose causes extra work for your muscles. In reality it consumes more energy. You naturally swing your arms a bit when you run to keep your balance because of physics and momentum, so sticking them behind you is a retarded argument too

>B-but life is just like anime!
Nice try faggot but no

Because I don't wanna look like a weeaboo autist. >wind resistance
Would that even matter of you're running like 7 mph?
>less muscle movement
Running normally doesn't bother me. It's not like my arms will suddenly fall off.
>better balance
"Oh no I'm running! I'm gonna trip!" Have you ever really tripped for no reason while running?

but they don't force their arms to be like that, they just end up like that because of the wind and inertia

/thread

the wind resistance + more mass behind you keeps you from tripping forward

Agsin, that's only in anime. When you run or even walk, you naturally swing your arms. They don't automatically lock up and stick to a direction now do they you dumb cunt? I take it you don't get out much. Maybe stop watching so much anime and observe real people from time to time. For your health

Ever see professional runners run that way? No you don't. The reason is it's a fucking dumb run created by cheap animation artists who can't afford to go the extra mile with detailed movement animations

>autism

Did that nigger Usain Bolt set world records running like a weeaboo?

They actually tested this... you run significantly slower like this

>absolutely forgets about physics of human running
You better cut off your arms as there's even less wind resistance and better balance

Aright fellas, this is now a Cringe/Autism thread. I'll start.

A kid at my elementary school ran like that because sonic ran like that. This was before we had the internet and all that sonic fanart shit.

did he wear a helmet?

There's a reason not one culture or civilization ever ran or continues to run that way, tard.

the world laughed at copernicus when he said the world was round, faggot

He didnt surprisingly, last I heard he had a girlfriend, good job and a good life.

As far as I remember, Copernicus wasn't the first one to claim this in his time period. However, he was the first one to put up proof.

No one is stopping you or saying you shouldn't run like an anime queer, friend. Try it out and observe the results compared to regular running. In public too

That's at a time when the scientific method was held up next to Satan in regard. In case you haven't noticed (you clearly haven't based on the OP), the information/analyses/reasons as to why running like a sperg is inferior to the natural way is out there, let alone the explanations in this thread. The whole world will laugh at you when you're a proven fucking idiot.

This is wrong, you're cupping the air with your body. If you want minimal wind resistance you need to put your pelvis and bend backwards, that's the fastest way to run

It may well be cheaper to animate, but that's not the reason for it. They're just animating scenes from the manga, which already has the characters running hunched over with their arms back...

That's one reason why it would be like that, if the studio created the anime. It didn't, so it's not the reason. The correct response is something that counters OP's retarded points.

It's retarded to run like that normally, but when you try to run on something thin while balancing, it becomes really useful. Though then, too, it's in a bit different style than the animes. They nailed it pretty well in Assassin's Creed