So how old were you when you finally matured and grew out of your atheist-phase?

So how old were you when you finally matured and grew out of your atheist-phase?

>19

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CzSMC5rWvos?t=215
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bad bait is bad.

Started out at 16, ended at 18. Thank God it didn't last long.

15. Became a nihilist

what am i when i dont care?

Still an atheist theologically, morally my catholic roots are beginning to return.

if you dont care about religion you could get away with calling yourself agnostic
if you dont care about anything thats basically being nihilist lol

I've been agnostic for as long as I've had an opinion on it. 38 now.

How about you just be a decent human

It's sad that you are reverting back to autism

I was 10 when I first went atheist, was an edge lord through middle school and first half of highschool, then in my junior year of highschool I admitted to myself I was being an edgy fucktard and that I couldn't know either way, so now I am agnostic

so you're basically an atheist and a pussy at the same time?

In my view, an atheist is someone who believes there is no god. An agnostic admits they don't know if there is or not. I don't see how that makes me a pussy.

Declaring conclusively that there is no god or gods without conclusive proof is just as foolish as declaring the opposite.

people don't get dumber as they age, OP.

And who exactly is gonna fall for your picture of the "typical"?

this shit again? look, you also know that there isn't a little man that steals one of your socks from the dryer. you can't prove it, but you know it.

we look at the evidence of things and from that evidence we draw conclusions.

Being agnostic is lazy and pointless.

When you donĀ“t have enough culture or good education sometimes you may tend to believe in ghosts, politics or even in gods. It is very SAD.

We only have theories at this point about how the universe came into being. There is no conclusive evidence for any particular explanation.

Milhouse is my god

When it comes to god and the belief in god, you either DO believe or you DON'T. Since you are not a believer, then you DON'T. But your afraid to say that because it might offend. When it comes to belief, there is no such thing as "I don't know"

There is no way to 'not know' if you believe. You either believe or you don't - since you say you dont know... then you don't believe.

18 I guess, since then I got into Zen Buddhism though, meaning Im still an atheist practically while believing in some sorts of things

>Declaring conclusively that are no leprechauns without conclusive proof is just as foolish as declaring the opposite.

>Declaring conclusively that there are no fairies without conclusive proof is just as foolish as declaring the opposite.

>Declaring conclusively that there are no care bears without conclusive proof is just as foolish as declaring the opposite.

>Declaring conclusively that there is no superman without conclusive proof is just as foolish as declaring the opposite.

Let's be honest, you're skeptical about the existence of a god, but instead of just saying it... you'd rather tell people the less offensive, more politically correct, "I don't know" - "maybe"

This doesn't really differ from the view of the atheist in any meaningful way. It's just being a pussy about it. In fact, you actually seek to put yourself on some sort of philosophical high ground above both the believer and the non-believer..

But you're just being a fag. I could ask you simply, Is there anything at all you believe with absolute certainty?" The answer is no. That is not a stance.

If you don't know, then you're not a believer. Then you're an atheist that's also a pussy.

I'm not afraid of offending anyone. I don't believe things for which there is no conclusive evidence. However, I cannot discount the possibility that it may exist. That to me is the key difference - an atheist says, "God does not exist," while an agnostic says, "I don't know if God exists, but I accept the possibility that he/she/it might."

>Declaring conclusively that there are no air benders without conclusive proof is just as foolish as declaring the opposite.

Thank you

that's just crazy talk, we need an invisible man in the sky to guilt us into that.

Wtf does that even mean

No, an atheist does not say "God does not exist"

This is about belief. An atheist does not believe in the existence of a God.. such a major difference. An atheist is a person that believes in science. We don't go around believing in things that have no foundation in reality. It's not the proof of no god, it's the absence of proof of a god.

Wrong again, fag. Atheism is a form of belief in God, opposite to Christianity, Islam, and all that shit.

So if I convert to Christianity, I turn into a suburbian family?

I think I kinda know what you mean

Thats like saying not being a venture capitalist is a form of being a venture capitalist accept the opposite of what a venture capitalist does

I fail to see how taking an evidence-based position would ever make someone a pussy. It's as honest a position as one can take - it's based in reality, insofar as we can perceive it.

Shitty b8 m8

Ding ding ding. You don't have to know something with certainty to believe it doesn't exist. Do I know for certain that magic doesn't exist? Nah, but there is no evidence of it, and a reasoned rational scientific mind will withhold belief and maintain skepticism until evidence is found.
That is atheism. I dont know, I can't know, but there is absolutely no good reason to believe in any of the many god theories out there, all of which lack any sort of evidence, and all of whoms philosophies fail ochams razor.
Ultimately, theism is am act of self deception and wishful thinking to believe something without reason, evidence, or sound, internally consist logic. And this is not a good way too live your life if you want your goals to be grounded in reality.

Both you cunts are wrong.

Atheism = lack of a belief in God

Its not some fucking science religion, there are some atheist religions.

>currently 21

still don't care for religion, makes no fucking sense to me, but don't get argumentative about it, if dudes who want to pray and believe in a god then be my guest.

atheism is a lack of belief in god. get your terminology right.

Bad bait is bad, but here's your (You)

Atheism is a religion the same way 'Not collecting coins' is a hobby

Evidence based positions lack belief until evidence is provided. Agnostic is a statement on knowledge of god, not belief, that's theism. You seem to be an agnostic atheist.

There are 4 positions

>Gnostic theist
I know Gods exists
>agnosic theist
I don't know if gods exists, but I believe they do
>gnostic atheist
I know no gods exists
>agnostic atheist
I don't know if any god exists, but I don't believe they exists

Agnosticism and atheism are not mutually exclusive. You seem to be an atheist whether you know it or not.

around 32

When God forgave me.

whats wrong with you? atheism is not a religion of science. first: you dont have to belief in any scientific theory to be an atheist (even if most do so) and. second: religion and science are completly diffrent ways of building an ideology. saying 'an atheist is a person who beliefs in science is like saying a thesit is a person who proofed god.

Well, the problem for me is in "knowing" versus "believing." I don't believe we really *know* anything for sure (other than, perhaps, that we ourselves exist), we only *believe* we know. So in that view, "knowing" is only "believing," and any distinction between "knowledge of God" (gnosticism) and "belief in God" (theism) is incoherent.

>when did you decide you weren't as smart as you thought you were
>19

But a statement of belief is binary. You either believe something or you don't. Their is no "I dont know" in belief. That's a knowledge claim. Belief does not require knowledge and knowledge does not require beliefs.

You are right that all known things are potentially, if not probably incorrect, but the knowledge of this does not equate to belief.

So you can not know if gods exist, you ate agnostic about the concept of theism. But to you believe in any theistic world views? Do you accept a god as real despite your position of not being able to know? If not, you ate by definition, an agnostic atheist. You may not like the label, but that's what you are. If you lack a BELIEF in a deity, you are an atheist.

Heck, even Christians are atheists to all gods except for one.

Gnostic isn't a word that by definition involves religion. I can be in agnostic free market capitalist thereby not knowing whether or not capitalism really exist. You can be Gnostic or agnostic to all sorts of things because it's a statement of belief and has nothing to do with your acceptance of God. Theism and Atheism must be attached to the agnostic or Gnostic Bible to give the word agnostic meaning. So you say you're agnostic, agnostic to what agnostic to God okay well what is your belief then? Do you believe in the Christian God? the daist God? the god of the gaps? If you cannot make a positive belief statement on any God you are, by definition, and atheist.

Dumb motherfucker!

I grew out of my die hard Christian/Catholic phase at 10 and never looked back for a second.

I was about 20 when I grew out of my whole "Atheists are so much better and smarter than Christian Sheeple"

I still very much don't believe there is a God, but I am much more mellow now and very into live and let live.

Went from being an atheist to being an agnostic when I was around 18-19 ish. I don't think I ever really were an atheist, but I didn't know what I was, I just didn't accept "god" as being an answer. So I don't think I really had an "atheist" phase

Humanity in a nutshell

You still ate an atheist, you just went from gnostic atheist to agnostic atheist, unless, of course, you also went to believing in good when you became an agnostic.
Most Christians are agnostic.

Lost my militant atheism at about 18, when I started smoking weed, I'm still an atheist but I'm not particularly vocal about it.

So he's a cannibal?

>there are some atheist religions
Kek

>What is Buddhism

Buddhism is considered an atheistic religion, so is LaVeyan Satanism.

The t and r are right next to each other on the qwerty keyboard.

Confuciusism, Buddhism, satanism, daoism, among others.

weak bait christcuck, back to /his/ or /x/ with you

how bout aliens? do have any proof they exist?

when the fuck did /his/ become a board? I've been on here years and never noticed that

Statistical probability

don't go there, full of leftist shit heads/redditors and larping christcucks

Neither of these deny a 'God' only that the belief in their deity as defined as Not a God.
So, no atheist religion.
Technicely I'm right, and we all know being 'technically' right is the best kind.
Fuck gods of all flavours, if it were as simple as a personal belief I would say live n let live, but organised religion influences every facet of my godless existence from the money I earn, the education my children receive right up to the food i eat and the justice system I have no choice but to follow.
Fuck all religions!

argumentum ad ignorantiam

>Neither of these deny a 'God'

LaVeyan satanism clearly states that God and Satan don't exist as actual entities and are just metaphors

I do not accept anything as true. God may exist, he may not exist. There is no proof that he does not, so I cannot claim that he does not. But I will not base my belief on a guess

Wanker

Based on every single sense we have, that statement qualifies you for fence sitter of the year...

I started being atheist at 14 then grow out of it and turned into an agnostic around 16

>But a statement of belief is binary. You either believe something or you don't. Their is no "I dont know" in belief.
It might be raining outside, or it might not. I won't know until I look outside. I don't believe it is raining, but I also don't believe it is not raining. However, I do believe that either state is a possibility.

How old was OP when you learned to troll effectively?

>)
Everybody is Atheist and Agnostic
youtu.be/CzSMC5rWvos?t=215
Atheist :
Cause you do not believe or worship any particular deity that belongs to any religion and might even be against other deities or religions. Examples being : Hinduism, Buddhism Stoicism, Taoism, Judaism, Mormonism, Christianity, Islam etc.
Agnostic :
Cause you may not know if other deities from other religions really exist.

LaVeyan satanism is a religious movement by some peeps wishing it to be a religion, not a 'de facto' religion.

At about 12 I guess.

It's still a religion, cucklord

>So how old were you when you finally matured and grew out of your atheist-phase?

Grew up - started believing in imagery friends
Choose one.

Looooser

Twat.
Just because a few people SAY it's a religion doesn't make it so. That makes it a belief system only.

Educate yourself on the differences, then fuck off.

Do you know what a fecolith is? It's when you get shit in your ass that can't remove by itself. If not handled, you can die of it. That's right. If you are alone in the wild, you have to stick one of your fingers in your ass and scratch it until it comes out.

I fail to see how it's part of god's plan to make me scratch my own shit.

The only fucking intelligent person on Cred Forums

Then no religion is a religion, edgelord cuckfag

Recently this past year. 27yo. Was never die hard athiest, just believed religion was a guideline. Extremely into politics and truth. When I started researching independently into history of the world I slowly started to realize that religion and the belief in god is not a farce. I am not a bible thumper however I am now a believer. The truth is out there for everything. You just need to know where to look.

No proof of aliens
Less proof of a make belive ghost.

You're arguing with a retard dude, let it go. Agnostic is the only rationnal way of thinking, as you stated.

Wrong. An atheist MAY say "God does not exist" (strong atheist), or they may say "I don't believe in god", as in, "I have not been convinced that gods exist" (weak atheist). Agnostics say, "We cannot know whether or not there is a god".

Notice that these are not mutually exclusive. One can be an agnostic atheist (I have not been convinced there is a god and I do not think we could ever know) or even an agnostic theist (I believe there is a god but I don't think we could ever really know). A gnostic atheist or theist would say that they dis/believe in a god and that knowledge of his lack of/existence can be known, respectively.

School's over, you agnostic atheist.

FINALLY someone who gets the whole "agnostic is not a neutral position between atheism and theism" thing and the whole "you can't not believe and not not believe at the same time" thing. /thread

I skipped right from attempted Christian to agnostic.

It was when I realized that a loving god wouldn't throw people who don't correctly "guess he exists" into eternal torture via hell/lake of fire.

Either the bible is wrong or there is no god.

But a reality where a loving god tortures you forever makes no sense if you think about it.

So you really have to perpetually brainwash yourself to keep thinking it's real without any proof at all, ever.

>A gnostic atheist or theist would say that they dis/believe in a god
I believe that both the existence and non-existence of God are possibilities, see my reply here

Wow, you are totally wrong.

Atheism assumes there is no god but that can never be proven.

Christianity assumes there is a god but that can never be proven.

Agnosticism, the admission that we DON'T KNOW SHIT, is the only thing that makes sense.

Check your logic, broseph.

lol, highlight of my week, probs month
just spoke/argued with my best buds from jahovaz witnisses for about 30min
four-eyed father fritz and grandpa pyotr
they're so goddamn nice, i almost feel bad about wasting their time

Agnosticism is its own thing. It is not meant to be a middle ground between 'sides'.

If you ask me do i believe in god, as in judeo christian god, i will say no. I aknowlege the possibility that i could be wrong.

My beliefs cant be summed up by a simple yes no answer to a very stupid question.

I'm still an atheist. I just don't dress or act like an idiot.
God bless.

Than you ate, by definition, an atheist. You lack a belief in god(s), you are an agnostic atheist. The lack of a belief is not a positive assertion. You are not asserting there is no god. Just as you don't believe in fairies, you may still be agnostic about fairies meaning you have no knowledge of them existing. But you lack the belief. That's atheism. You are just a mild kind of atheist.

each one of those belief statements was binary.

We're talking about philosophical belief here bud.

"belief

b. Philos. A basic or ultimate principle or presupposition of knowledge; something innately believed, a primary intuition."

Belief in this sense is not about knowledge. You're talking about something more akin to "confidence in the facts". "I am not confident that it is either raining or not raining". But what do you *feel* in your god damn bones to be true without a whiff of knowledge to support it? Rain is a bad example because you don't give a shit whether or not it is raining. Your beliefs are fundamental attitudes toward things/concepts foundational to your worldview. They can eventually, with much toil, be shifted with knowledge and evidence, but really it takes a kind of deep, subconscious acceptance to change them that is not what you would typically consider rational.

So, while acknowledging that one cannot disprove the existence of god and no solid evidence for god exists, focus on your deepest intuitions. Do you actually live your life like there is a god? If not, then you're an atheist. One who does not *believe* in god. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Why are you insisting on over simplifying other peoples beliefs. That would be like me labelinf you as muslim because you believe in god.

theism/atheism is about claims of belief

gnosticism/agnosticism is about claims of knowledge

you can be one from each category. know & believe, know & don't believe, don't know & believe, don't know &don't believe.

this is all semantics of course, but people who say "we just don't know" are only answering half the question.

ā–²
ā–²ā–²

because theist and atheist is a true dichotomy. since atheist means simply not theist.
your are either a theist or not a theist, there is no third option.

>mfw 7yo girl is snuffing his ampfit
reprted for cp xD

ā–²
ā–² ā–² fucking new fag

What if I don't give a fuck?
Nobody is still capable to answer to this.
What if I just don't give a sheer, complete, flying fuck wheter God really exists or doesn't.

Because if in the end he's there, I would fuckin hate him and choose whatever other creature to worship, even a bug-infested leprosy whale.

If he's not there, whatever.

ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–²
ā–¼ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–¼
ā–²ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–²
ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–¼

What question?

I'm more into irrelevant territory. It may exist or not, but I absolutely don't care either way.

Atheist is philosophically a stupid term. We don't need a word for non-astrologer or any idea we do not believe in. Atheist is a term from the theists that labelled non-believers as "a"moral - the sinners. Why stand in the space provided?

Kek

even if you don't care whether or not you believe, you either do or do not. there is no wishy washy third option.

>ā–²
>ā–¼ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–¼
>ā–²ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–²
>ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–¼

ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–²
ā–¼ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–¼
ā–²ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–²
ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–¼

So "belief" in this sense is synonymous with intuition. My intuition is that something might exist beyond this reality, something beyond the purely mechanistic, material universe we perceive and can measure. But I'm not at all sure what that might be, or if it might be, or if it's just a trick my mind is playing on me. So you tell me what that makes me.

DO YOU BELIEVE

HOLY FUCK

You can say "I believe and know this thing exists" or "I don't know for sure if it exists or not but I don't actually believe it does."

So the fucking question is, do you BELIEVE? We're not asking if you KNOW. Do you not see a difference?

Go away, a sermon is waiting for you.

ā€… ā–²
ā–¼newā–¼
ā–²ā€…ā€…fagā–²
ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā€…ā–¼

No.
Repeat after me and maybe you'll be able to understand: I Don't Give A Sheer Fuck.

Whether "he", "she", or "it" exists or not, nothing in my life and my decision changes due to the subject in question. Therefore, the existance or non-existance of God doesn't affect my life in any way.

I honestly think every believer is a complete utter retard, but what I really can't care less about is the great debate. Like any of this matters. Can't you just fuckin do something concrete of your life and fuck this mental impaired shitlord crap once and for all?

Who the fuck cares, im atheist but not like i give a fuck. Well never mind i guess im pastafarian couldnt care any less

TouchƩ

Lol.
But 4 serious, i grew out of believing in fairytales when I was 20. By Jove, that shit is redonkulous.

Atheist. Basically, any stance on religion that doesnt result in you believing in some religious shite is an atheist one

not against science, but bill nye and black physics man need to stop being so try-hard celebrity scientist about shit.

>11

Hear, hear sir.

answer this question with a yes or no answer, because that is the ONLY way it can be answered.

do you believe in aliens?
anything other than yes, is a no. you either do, or do not.
do you believe in goats?
anything other than a yes, is a no. you either do, or do not.
do you believe in god?
anything other than a yes, is a no, you either do, or do not.
nobody gives a fuck what you care about. nobody cares if you 'give a fuck' you still either have a belief, you you do not have that belief. it's called a dichotomy. an object is either blue, or it is a different color and therefore not blue which encapsulates everything other than blue. you dense motherfucker.

10/10 would buy

Why are atheists looked down on here? Is it because of Cred Forums? You do realize how retarded you look, browsing a site that largely revolves around porn and fetishes while advocating for "traditional values" and religion?
Anyway I don't think there's a god, but I can't prove it of course. Hard atheism is just as retarded as theism.

You started believing in obvious fairy tells when you were 19 and you're proud of this? Which of the hundreds of man made religions did you fall for? Presumably your parents one?

It's called trolling

what if nothing evil exists?

too comfortable. You cannot deny my literal CHOICE to not give a fuck about something.
Not to mention what stupidity must be hidden inside your deadbrain if you really think any sort of God would not even punish my "arrogance" not for putting my faith in "it", not denying its existance, but Not Giving a Fuck about it.

I don't care about aliens.
I don't care about goats.
I don't care about god.

I really, really, really care only about myself.
God can gargle on that, and if there's no God, good to hear, nobody gives a sheer fuck any Fucking way.

There's no good or evil at all, there are just laws

I was 26 when I finally discovered the truth of great Allah

then you're arguing about word definitions, replace "evil" with "suffering"

there are no laws, there are just rules

Sure r/atheism is here.

how many little boys and goats have you fucked?

your mom is satan

What would it be called if you believe in a god but don't believe that it cares about what we do or if we worship it.

i'm evil, but i'm not suffering

Not true. Atheism is specifically believing that there is no god. Not caring one way or the other is just that- not caring. Sorry if i sound like a dick.

Hahaha must suck to be a mouthbreather
Please enlighten us on what you discovered

>believing that there is no god
No.

started at 14 and will probably last until I'm at my death bed and too afraid to not believe in an afterlife.

there are no rules, there are just actions

and that, folks, is the only reason to believe in anything.

cowardice.

/thread

why would i want to grow out of rationality?
lol you silly

Umm, what are you saying no to? That is the definition of atheism...

0 little boys, Allah smites those who lay with men

5 goats, but female

>/thread own post

You know how I know you're a 12 year old faggot?

No. Atheism is the lack of belief, not the belief in the nonexistence of something, which makes no sense whatsoever.

you can't /thread your own post, faggot

I never really believed magic is real; still don't really understand why I should.

Op here
So how old were you when you matured back in to an atheist?

>20

Isnt that an agnostic?

I think the reason people think this (and therefore tend to shun the label atheist), is because so many self-proclaimed atheists go out of their way to argue against the existence of God. While both this type and the "not sure/agnostic" type might technically be described as atheists, it's understandable that the latter might not want to be lumped together under the same label with the former.

Started at 12
Ended at 14
I have Runescape to thank for starting (I wanted to fit in with my friends and unfortunately it stuck for a bit)

No.

no
gnosis means knowledge
an agnostic is someone who doesn't know
agnosticism is about knowledge
theism/atheism are about belief

Born and raised Atheist.
Became Agnostic.
Became Christian.

Its nice to know that there is atleast someone that wont leave you like all humans do.

you're wrong

He's right.

You sassy lil cunt

So, Agnostic = "i dont know because i dont have all the data needed to say"

Atheist = "i dont believe that there is a God?"

samefagging so hard and still being wrong

No

there are no actions, there are just reactions

Nope. An atheist is simply someone without belief. The reason for your lack of belief is irrelevant to your atheismness

No

>is because so many self-proclaimed atheists go out of their way to argue against the existence of God.
Which is completely meaningless, since belief is not based on anything rational or logical and does not pretend to either. Trying to argue against a religious belief is plain moronic.

This.
Atheism is literally a belief in nothing
Man atheist fedoras are so fucking stupid they don't even know anything about it

My own post?
Not at all.
But what was I expecting? Jelly brains, in here.

>nobody gives a fuck what you care about. nobody cares if you 'give a fuck' you still either have a belief, you you do not have that belief. it's called a dichotomy. an object is either blue, or it is a different color and therefore not blue which encapsulates everything other than blue. you dense motherfucker.

Here's an example I used in a thread the other day. It's objectively true or false that the the 1,405,298,207,093,019,093,039th digit of Pi is 6, but I have no fucking idea if it is or not, even though it's either true or false, I have no reason to believe one way or another. I remain "agnostic" in respect of the whether the 1,405,298,207,093,019,093,039th digit of Pi is 6. And so should you.

No

Incorrect

Exprain, sir.

correct

do you know if god exists? -> no
(in my view, everyone on earth is an agnostic, since they don't KNOW if god exists. Gnostics are just delusional)

do you believe that god(s) exists? -> yes/know

it's a different question. if someone ask you "do you believe god(s) exists and you answer "i don't know", you didn't understand the question

Go die and meet your god faggot.

Gotta love Americans and Atheism. Funny how they even manage to turn something which is literally a lack of religion into a religion.....

Atheism is essentially a region with no diety
You still have a belief system and that belief system is that there is no higher power

A-the-ist. Say it with me.
Someone who does not believe in any god or gods. You clearly dont.
You can be both an agnostic, a nihilist and an atheist.
Potatoes ... are atheist.

That's why I call myself an agnostic atheist.

Atheists are just edgelords who get hard from telling people they are wrong when they can't even prove they are right.

In my opinion as an agnostic, I hope/believe there is something bigger than ourselves. I'm just not willing to claim I'm sure it's christ, or allah, or buhda, or or or..let alone how it wants me to live. I just try to be a good person, and hope whatever is on the other side can respect that even though I didn't join their special club.

yeah, no, you don't know what you are talking about

>So how old were you when you finally matured and grew out of your atheist-phase?

We're all atheists about one thing or another to the extent that we don't believe things there are no reasons to believe in. E.g., you're an atheist with respect to the possibility that I'm God (or should be), or that there are a billion Gods disguised as invisible shit hawks in the room with you right now, watching you.

Agnostics are atheist fencesitters who are too scared to make up their mind incase they got to hell or get ripped on for being fedora tippers

Atheists are people who lack a religion

It is called Ignostic or Apaetheist or Agnostic, depends on flavor

/thread

started when i was 14, ended when i was 16 ish, im still sort of agnostic but i was so edgy it hurt

Wrong

No.

In that case youre implying a mass psychosis, no? Since there is a ton of people that have experienced God, even if unable to explain it, you know what i mean?

To talk about evil one must grant just one assumption; that if the word bad means anything it's the situation where every conscious creatures suffers as much as it can for as long as it can.

If you do not think that situation with the most suffering is bad, or might have a silver lining, or might be good in the end, then I don't know what you are talking about. More so, I don't think you know what you're talking about either. People who think morality doesn't exist are not welcome to the discussion of how we should live in this world.

>negation of x is x

Must be american.

No.

TL;DR?

Agnostics are atheists; they just hysterically argue otherwise because they don't like having the term atheist applied to them.

Alternatively, maybe atheists just are agnostics, since virtually no atheists actually claims they couldn't be wrong. They just don't see any good reason to believe.

And if belief in the holy number 6 was religious you would also be atheistic in regards to that digits value. Since you dont actively believe it is 6.

Perfect encapsulation of why religions continue to exist.

Not saying that all religious people are like this, but certainly most I have met in my life are religious for one of these reasons:

A) They are too lazy/dumb to question anything they were taught as kids

B) They are too afraid of trying to find meaning in themselves so they just subscribe to a codified one

C) It supports (and in their dumb little heads justifies) their stupid views on a variety of subjects.

Very few 'religious' people are actually spiritual.

G O D D O D E N T R E A L
O
D

D
O
D
N
T

R
E
A
L

Why such shitposting? If you have nothing to say, atleast give us a fun pic or something.

Incorrect.

Or just normal people who don't believe in some fucking magican? Why should I waste any second for someone who might doesn't even exist?

>Since there is a ton of people that have experienced God, even if unable to explain it, you know what i mean?

The argument from religious experience is a good one. I've had religious experiences thanks to psilocybin, and I'll tell you this: if I didn't have access to the chemical explanation, I'd probably be in a fucking monastery right now.

G O D I S N O W H E R E

Just saying most people who call themselfs athiests are actualy athiest agnostic 'dont know but dont think there is a god'. But using the blanket term athiest for anyone who thinks there probably isnt a god (athiest, agnostic, athiest agnostic) saves alot of confussion.

No. Again, I'll give you one last chance, then I'll give up something I should have already given up, given the fact that nobody will probably ever manage to stick this fuckin fact in your brain.

If I should wake up tomorrow, open the curtains and find God in the sky manifested in some ball of light or stuff like that, I would literally close panels and keep my daily schedule, not because I believe in it, not because I don't: I DONT GIVE A FUCK about its existance.

On the double, if tomorrow opening the same curtains should I find a mechanical entity showing on its gigantic fuckin monitors PROOFS of god non-existance, I STILL WOULD CLOSE THE FUCKIN CURTAINS and proceed to live my life as I did yesterday and as I will do tomorrow. The fact is not a concern of mine.

It's not my problem, not a matter of any value to me, not something I'm intrested into.

But it's something that in any fuckin way you should fix into your brain. There is no god? Ok fine I don't care. Is there a god? Ok, fine, I still don't care.

What's so fucking hard to comprehend in here?

I agree with you actually. Agnostics are either atheists, or there are no atheists. Atheists don't claim certainty with respect to whether God exists or not.

>

Wrong.

Atheism has no content, no dogma and no deity. It is the lack of beliefs in gods. Atheist can believe in a higher power, it's just not called a god, it may be called love or a cat.

Right. But isnt there a difference between someone completely sober experiencing it and someone whos tripping? Therefore removing the chemical bit.

Only explanation then if there is no God is mass psychosis, right?

Heh....... You fags don't understand.... There is no God...... Heh.....
*disappears in puff of black smoke while laughing*

These infographics are semantically so retarded it hurts.

You cannot just say you aren't an atheist if you fit the literal definition.

This is tranny logic right here. You might as well be otherkin or something. Faggot.

I was born an atheist not a vampire. I don't think I'll ever grow out of this "phase" though. I mean, if any gods gave me an actual reason to believe in them, other than the myths that makes people fear their wrath. Then sure, I'll pray until my knees bleed. Until then, I don't see any reason to act like a mentally I'll person, who sits down talking to themselves, nor will I excuse my wrongdoings because the voice in my head told me to do so.
I know OP is baiting, but I just wanted to put this out there.

Well, I shouldn't have said it was a "good" argument (it certainly isn't a reason for anyone else to believe in God), but my experience made me a lot more sympathetic to certain believers, at least if they've had a similar experience.

Ants have progressed so far

Bet you havent grown out of it, I grew out of it when I was 15ish learned that all the atheist were faggets in my school hell bent on disproving anything.

Following God is about being scared of the wrath of said God?
wat.

What do you mean by people who experienced god?

My opinion is the only truth, everyone who thinks else is wrong and retarded: The thread.

These replies are proof Reddit parasites have poisoned our beloved chan
This sick dog needs to be put down

>yfw the country that built the satellite was majority christian

I'm straight as fuck and you're so american I could literally smell your greasy dorito fingers typing on the keyboard, you're the only stupid mongoloids who really care about genders in the whole fuckin world.

A problem with this is that people from wildly differing religions have had religious experiences. Thus they prove nothing, and make nothing more probable.

How old were you when you started sucking your priest's dick ? You deluded faggot.

>mm-m-muh opinion
>t-to each his own g-g-guys

You're the only one being a little mind closed bitch here faggot.

What an egotistical douchenozzle

Haven't left the mindset, I just don't advertise it at all

Hard to explain. Feeling the presence for one. Then you have alot of things that can be said to be luck but to the person affected it is felt that it is not. If that makes any sense?

A N U D D A S H O A H

>Typical Atheist
>Wearing a satanic necklace

Good job.

Sadly people can be smart enough to build even nuclear weapons yet believe in nonsense of a paradise for doing the command of a merely supposed celestial creator and dictator.

> my nigga

I care about science. The scientific fact of 2 genders falls under that.

But yeah keep falling for the
>It doesn't affect you
meme while your culture and society gradually disintegrates.

"A country is born stoic and dies epicurean"

You expected thought out of a religious person?

I was 79 at the time, and there i was whittling my whistle when I realise god is watching
>feels good

>egotistical
>being better than the evil monsters such as those depicted by the Bible
the bar isn't really that low is it?

You just said that even given proof of Gods existence you would remain atheist. Youre the most atheist person Ive heard of.

kek'd

>But isnt there a difference between someone completely sober experiencing it and someone whos tripping? Therefore removing the chemical bit.

Well, consider that many who have had religious experiences have done so in the context of lots of meditation or prayer or fasting or physical stress or seizures or brain tumors etc. I'd speculate that any experience comparable to the ones I've had have some underlying physical basis. Maybe some can happen just randomly, I dunno. Friend of mine says they do; but I'm very suspicious.

I will say my experience put me in a weird epistemic position, since it has had lasting effects. Cognitively I still don't believe in God, but there some weird sense in which I "feel" like I do, almost as though "spirituality" (even without believing in spirits or souls) is a real psychological state or feature. It's the weirdest fucking thing for someone who's been a complete and total dick atheist for 25 years.

If you do not care, but you're not sure whether or not there really is anything up/down/wherever there. You'd be an agnostic
If you don't believe in anything. I'm not talking about being the little shit who just denies people for the fun of it, but someone who really doesn't have any beliefs or thoughts about it. Then you're an atheist.
If you belive that there is not really a purpose to anything, that life is a random outcome of some other random shit. That there aren't anything bad or good or anything. You're a nihilist.
If you do not believe in anythings excistense (this is actually a mental illness, allthough I don't remember the term and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). You would be a metaphysical nihilist

ATHEISTS like that plaindame
are religious nuts,same polar opposite as the iranian moolahs & their pals,some atheists practice live & leave be,the religiophobes are those who heap obsceneties
on the pic of the crying bejeweled noggined kid we see here a couple times a week.

Yes, that makes sense, as I have experienced it when I was a Christian. I wouldn't call it mass psychosis, just autosuggestion and wishful thinking. Also

Deism

>built the satallite
The moon has been around longer than humanity

>the country was majority christan
The country that wrote The God Delusion was also majority christan

This is cute according to gays and liberals.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, guys.

Kek.

Sad.

>I care about science. The scientific fact of 2 sexes falls under that.

Fixed that for you buddy.

>believe in evolution
>faith is a product of having a highly evolved brain
>burning bibles is literally devolution in action

A colony of ants can build amazing, subterranean wonders but the cannot do it without a society that will sacrifice everything to save their queen and hence their genetic heritage. Religion is a social construct that functions in the capacity of permitting the continuation of genetic heritage.

In short, Religion has a function and it would be asinine to disregard it or try to abolish it.

I don't think the sign is really being serous in what it says so much as expressing that gays are doing okay given our enemy is apparently a magical demon. Anyone can be ugly. The real enemy of the LGBT community is ignorance and superstitious myth.

Arabs created the numeral system used by every country worth today.

The middle east is a shithole.

Where are you going with this? The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while, a broken clock is right twice a day ect.

Right. There is tons of explanations for a lot of them. Things that would rock your chemistry in the brainio. I am skeptical about those.

But the other ones.

I havent had much experience in that regard except feel God. Hard to explain. Those experiences got my over the line to finally become a christian.

I understand that. I think its one of those things you cannot explain to others good enough and people need to experience it by themselfs. If you search you will find. Why not search for real?

I guess it would depend on what God they think it is. I still think it is God. The one and only Christian God. But they probably think its the islamic God or something.

"I don't care about my grades cos I will be NEET! I'M SUCH A NIHILIST LOL"

K Y S
Y Y
S Y K

No doubt packing some scholastic grade c4 in that backpack

Look dude, of all the retard debates in the history, the saddest and most useless is the gender debates.
Everyone - at least in the last-standing bastion of civilization, which is not 'muriland of course - is born and raised free to be, or to become, what he will actually is at the very moment.

I don't care about anything than myself and what makes myself feel good. This is hedonism. I don't even need your science book to explain it. I could add a spark of Stirner (Hegel left winger) but you can freely google it and start intresting about really saucy debates.

Being an hedonist, I only look forward for those capable of making me happy and content in any phase of my life. My life rotates only around myself and the people I really care about. I was probably not completely correct stating in the past comments I don't give a fuck about God...

It's more like, I would not need it in any way. I'm here on this world to use the very same world to gain pleasure, God could not and would not help me in any case, and the absence of God would only justify my behaviour more and more.

I'm just having a smoke and lurking on you pathetic edgelords debating about something you cannot prove the existance of while slowly masturbating because it was a quite annoying day at work.

I'm so stoned I don't even know why I'm replying to you. Keep being sad.

>splitting hairs: the post

You're parsing words without creating a distinction. No one can claim knowledge of (or against) the existence of god. It's all about belief, that's why they call it "faith". There is no difference between agnostics or atheists because neither claims knowledge and neither has belief.

Not really... The REAL enemy of the LGBT community is AIDS

No this is right. The nature of the experience is what it is, but if you're religious you'll be inclined to shoe horn it into and characterize it in terms of your particular little set of beliefs. It's a kind of confirmation bias.

I mean if anything my experiences have made me more hostile to organized religion than before, even though I characterize them as "religious experiences". It's just that as far as I can, organized religion offers nothing and gets everything completely wrong. And if I actually believed my experience reflected reality, my position would be that organized religion pisses and shits on God in myriad ways, and that religious doctrinaires are the real atheists.

Evolution explains how we came to be, not how we should act/become. Evolution only cares about DNA surviving, it cannot see that which we value most.

Religion is the result of our superstitious nature that was required by the evolutionary process, now it's just evolutionary baggage. It's function has no purpose in a civilised world where we can instead think seriously before we act. Faith, credulity, those are foolish things to keep.

what he will actually be* not "is", typo there.