I'm 24 currently an EMT-b in paramedic school stuck at a private ambulance in Chicago...

I'm 24 currently an EMT-b in paramedic school stuck at a private ambulance in Chicago. I like what i do but I feel like I'm stuck. Should I enlist in the navy or the navy reserves?

Tbh, i plan to enlist after college into their med program, join the navy, its better than joinin the chairforce or being fodder in the marines

If i do i want to enlist as a corpsman. I just don't know if i should go active or reserve

If i enlist now i'd want to enlist with navy as corpsman and deploy with marines, pretty cool to be out there with them, not to mention youll get the best treatment of anyone in the squad, medics and corpsmen are treated the best among the active duty members

Alright. Thats something to think about

Bump

You might not get a spot with the marines. You could get stuck in a hospital wiping veterans like i did. Your not even guaranteed a spot as a corpsman when you go to pick your job. Best thing you can do is go to meps and take the asvab. Make sure that's all you do. Don't pick your job while you're there. Its the end of the fiscal year so no money means very little to pick from job wise. Be smart about your approach. I can answer any questions you might have.

Wait i can't get guaranteed corpsman? I'm about to get my paramedic

I was considering going HM....went Mech instead. Life man

Doesn't mean shit

Damn thats kinda a bummer but anyway would you recommend active or reserve?

Current corpsman here, good luck getting greenside, or getting corpsman in general. If you do get corpsman your advancement rate is shit. You gotta suck dick to advance,you will more than likely get a hospital as a first duty station, then possibly go greenside. I recommend not going in at all. If you do go reserves. Being a paramedic doesn't mean shit. It'll help you during like the first month of A school, and that it.

You a cropsman? Where's your current duty station?

Go active first dude. Do your first contract then get out to the reserves. It keeps your foot in the door so to speak

This^

Former 8404/0311 here (6 years). Been out for 3 years but if you need advice I can answer most likely.

I was thinking reserve first because i hear from some people how much they hate being active but they liked reserve a lot more and worst case scenario i could just switch over

>joining gavy or chairforce

>Going off of immature stigmas while not joining any branch

You'll hate life in reserves. Little to know training and filled with incompetent dip shits.

Nah dude. Just do your active and get it over with

Not going to lie. I'm kinda an incompetent dipshit

Something is going to happen soon. Wait for it. This very unusual natural disaster will occur in a month's time or so, which may delay or prevent the US elections.

The Earth is going to experience a severe wobble due to the inbound Planet X. No comment from NASA.

How long would i have to be active?

What is this, 2012?

Why coreman? As a medic u can get into a lot of international volenteering, from 3world stuff to warzones (I know for a fact they need paramedics in numerous places in the fight against Daesh). From there you have a background that will open a bunchload of doors...

>stigmas
already in, chairforce is civy life with uniforms and navy are constantly being gay
I'm definitely not an army guy wishing he was on a boat full of chicks or sipping lattes at a desk surrounded by hot chairforce chicks (i swear it must be a requirement to be a minimum 8/10 to join).
But fuck that, you wanna travel and have orgies or be a hardcore army guy?
right?

I was thinking corpsman because if i had to pick any branch it would be the navy. I already have some of the training because of emt/paramedic. It would get me out of shitty private ambulances and when i start applying to firehouses i could put that down and military will help pay for college

youll fit right in!

First thing they tell you in Corps school is to forget everything you learned in EMT school. It's good advice. Was an 8404

Damn one of my partners just finished national guard training and he said all medics from all the branches are joint trained in texas and he got to skip the first 8 weeks of medic training and came in at a higher pay grade

How fit do you need to be to join a combat role? Anyone here been deployed?

I assume pretty fit

if you can do 60+ pushups (proper all the way down and back up) over 100 sit ups supported, get under 10mins for 1 and a half mile run and do atleast 10-15 heaves in a row youd be able to say your fit
ofcourse you can get in doing much less and barely scrape by the physicals but youll be a piece of shit

Bump