How does Cred Forums cope with the excruciating pain of living...

How does Cred Forums cope with the excruciating pain of living? What are some hobbies that take your mind off things and that you look forward to during work/school?

Bonus point for unusual things, every body watches movies, listens to music and jerks off.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MushroomGrowers
bigthink.com/videos/nichol-bradford-on-self-transcendence-and-maslows-hierarchy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

i day dream when im at work and sleep when im home and it allows me to live in a different world

• cigarettes
• beer
• weed
• mostly cigarettes

Drinking

I ride my bike alot, good way to clear my head and also listen to the discover weekly playlist on spotify

weed...

playing drums, vidya, smoking weed

If you think about it... everything we do is a form of keeping distracted and passing time, we are all just keeping ourselves busy until we die... thats all

I channel my existential dread through my fingers and masturbate furiously until there's nothing left but com, blood and tears

I do all the usual stuff like videogames, food and fapping

I don't work because I just can't stand getting up in the morning, drive somewhere, work around people and then go home. I'd rather just live of the small amount of benefits I get until I die

The most nusual stuff I do to completely disconnect is I go look or buy tools
I go to the hardware store and I can spend hours looking, touching, feeling and smelling different tools. Nothing sexual, there is just something very calming about hand tools, probably have autism.
After I spend a while in the tool section I pick a tool and buy it.
Sometimes I go out in my shed and make stuff out of wood, I'm not good at it but when games get boring I don't have much else to do

The self gratifying fact that my simple being alive causes people i hate daily pain and suffering. And seeking out that what makes me happy. traveling with my wife, trying new foods and liqueurs doing fun shit. that simple stuff.

i imagine i have some friends and a gf.

and a life

Just realized this recently and lost even more hope. Fell even more depressed

>my simple being alive causes people i hate daily pain and suffering.

i'd like to know more

What do you build with said tools, other than erections?

Soon.....

>I don't work because I just can't stand getting up in the morning, drive somewhere, work around people and then go home. I'd rather just live of the small amount of benefits I get until I die

I'm just like you user, people are just too much of a hassle to be around with

I grow mushrooms. The start up isn't too bad and you get to reap the benefits in terms of food or drugs. It's really rewarding if you're willing to put in the research and work for it.

I cut my skin and master bate daily also drink a lot a alcohol

Last thing I made was a handle for a hatched but I haven't put the head on yet

I'm making a wooden sledgehammer next, then I'm planning on making a box or chest of some sort

I steal wood from my neighbour to make this stuff by the way, he hasn't noticed

Starting soon in basemen, any tips?

Instruments, fishing, shooting small creatures with big guns. Rent a bounce house

Suppose you live in a region where shrooms containing psilocybine don't grow, can you grow them by making your cat shit in a pot and leaving it a really long time or something? My question is, can you grow magic shrooms out of nothing?

grow some weed its super easy and you can make hella buck depending on where you live

Currently teaching myself guitar, and taking a music theory class through EDEX.

Grinding ranked DOTA/CSGO games with my high school friends cause I have no real life friends where i'm living now.

Uhhh what else. Going and exploring land marks or state/national parks, hiking, mountain biking, skiing (2 years of instructing kids as a profession, plus 17 of actual skiing). If you smoke pot, find a mountain to climb and carry a piece with you. Go smoke a bowl at the top of a mountain after a long hike, best feeling in the world.

buy the sprores online and grow in a jar or something

Dude, NOBODY likes getting up early in the morning, commuting to work, and working with a bunch of assholes, but we do it anyway. Grow up and get a fucking job like the rest of us.

I'm having this very problem right now.

Have a job, a wife, a kid, a nice condo, but I just feel like I'm passing time until I die.

Getting older sucks too. Don't believe anybody who tells you things get better. They are lying.

I used to self medicate with drugs and alcohol, but these days I am living sober, which sucks dick.

It's like lately I don't enjoy any of my hobbies, have no patience for anybody, and secretly look forward to the peace of non existence.

FML

Hmm yeah i can do that..Are the spores easy to find or do i have to search on the deep web? implying silk road is still up..

I'm a part of a foam combat LARP. Good way to meet people and beat the shit out of them. Mine is a Sword and Sorcery LARP, so I get my jollies every week by being the best motherfucking Bard player in the Midwest US.

spores and weed seeds are legal m8 google is your friend

If you don't like a regular job/morning commute, work nights or find a job that's flexible on hours?

I fantasize about becoming more intelligent, I try to develop skills to be able to get money. That's the only hope for me. I don't live in present, because inwardly it's hell, I live in my fantasies about the possible (tho unlikely) future. Films are shit but reading and sometimes listening to music help a bit.

>this guy

I write poetry man, or sometimes little songs, sing as well
Used to be quite done with life, but now it doesn't seem as bad anymore, I can even quite enjoy the occasional silent cup of tea

Haven't fallen asleep in tears for a long time now

Hard to find a job like that out here

I'm pretty isolated, no place to work for miles

>booze
>guitar
>games
>stand up comedy specials
>reading poetry
>reading classic literature
>buying new things

this.

By not being a whiney little emo pussy faggot, that's how.

Very carefully.

Riding my motorcycle

If you're being serious... I would recommend reddit.com/r/MushroomGrowers

It has all the resources possible from advanced tek to super hardcore beginner tek.

And wtf I mean no? Mushrooms, even the easiest varieties to grow, need the appropriate substrate or conditions to facilitate growth. I Suppose you can try to grow it in a shit pot but it is unlikely. That being said, you can provide the conditions in your house or shed if you understand the specimen's needs.

>Grow up and get a fucking job like the rest of us
why?

masturbating and planning world domination

Have you talked to any of them about it user?

I practice wicca. It distracts me and calms me more than anything else ever has. Whenever the existential dread really sets in i just take an hour or two to purify my entire apartment, it really helps.

Pooping in a girls ass helps.

And yeah spores are legal. You are ALLOWED to own psilocybin spores due to the fact they themselves do not have the psychedelic properties. Once you begin growing them, however, you are susceptible to law

used to meditate in a group and at home till 1 year ago and it was a great experience. stopped it after moving to another city for studies. since then I just wasted a lot of time with games, movies, series and stuff which sure was fun and all but ofc nothing more than a waste of time after all.Well a new semester begins, I just moved another time and have to get back on track somehow.

Ok I tell you what: At least 40% of industriel population has this same feeling as you do at some point, since everyone has a too secure life and the need of individuality shines through because we are all told that we are all special little snowflakes and deserve to be rich and famous and need to be successfull for a good life... which, I can only speak for myself, will probably never happen. So the goals for this are unachievable and people feel like shit; they are stuck in a world in which they only do their daily routine. And routine is comfertable, but makes you depressed. And being depressed makes you think alot, which makes you get even more depressed.

You will be doing this for a few years until you are bored of thinking how shitty life is and that it has no meaning... And then you realize you could have realized this sooner. You have just wasted YEARS of your life feeling like shit for no reason, all that happend was that you made yourself unhappy. Not the other people, not the fact there is no endmission like in a videogame where you collect enough shekels to turn into a god and buy the vip-outfit. It was YOU all along.

Life has no meaning, but that is a good thing, because it doesn't have to. You make up the rules; you say what is important for you in your life. If it sucks find out why and try to change it. And don't put your goals too high, just go one step at a time and in the end you might even be a bit happier. Or maybe you help other people and be suprised that this makes you feel better. Maybe you like to punch girls in the butt... I don't fucking know, that is yours to find out what makes you happy. Nobody else in this existence can take better care of yourself than you, and don't expect it either.

Some day everything will end, and when it comes you will bite yourself in the ass that you have not done more out of your life, so enjoy the stay and get the most out of it... or don't... but just stop crying about it.

>JUST DO IT

Yeah my lady is super cool. She totally understands and listens. She helps me get by, and I do the same for her.

I guess the biggest thing that bothers me is that time is running out, and I am not happy with my life accomplishments. I am unable to rest on my laurels, as I have this mentality that a person is only as good as their recent achievements. Which also means that I create insane standards for myself in the hobbies that I do (artist).

I most likely have mental problems tbh.

thx

I became a rope access worker when I had no job, now it's bonus money + fun + suicide thoughts killer, lol.

One word: marijuana

I recently discovered the orchestra in my city sells tickets really cheap to under 30s. I feel like I should invest in a fedora and start being euphoric just to make a meme out of it, but fuck that

You heard about this, mah niqqa?

bigthink.com/videos/nichol-bradford-on-self-transcendence-and-maslows-hierarchy

Alcohol, Violence, Sex and Comic Books.

I do:
Fishing
Knifemaking
Holster sewing
Lurebuilder
Pyrotechnics
Build on the interior to the boat, it never ends.

Most relaxing is definatly fishing and building lures.

Shit man, life of an artist is hard, know quite a few of em

Are you familiar with absurdism? It is sort of a way of living in it's purest form. It seperates itself from existentialism by not choosing between just believing in something (like a god) or killing yourself, but also a different notion:
With every single thing in which you succeed in life, you win over the pointlessness. Every time you do a little tiny thing that is a succes, it gives you more of a reason to do it again. And doing little thing again and again and again, that is what makes a true absurdist

Man I love fucking absurdism, maybe if you're interested as well, you could read up on Camus, a French writer

It's nice by the way that your wife is so cool and understanding, people like that are sometimes so hard to find... Don't forget to count your blessings as well man, you succeeded in finding and loving her

Please, teach me master!

>bigthink.com/videos/nichol-bradford-on-self-transcendence-and-maslows-hierarchy

pretty interesting, did not know this thx user

Mostly what said, but on top of that, from time to time I wrestle/fight with my wife.

It's purely play level shit, and we're both into it. And it's a pretty good stress reliever when the others aren't and most of the time leads to sex.

Wise words man.

Today is just "one of those days" where I can't seem to console myself, but I agree with counting my blessings, and I am definitely lucky in love at this point in my life. Only took 35 years lol. And also, first world problems etc.

>With every single thing in which you succeed in life, you win over the pointlessness

This is how I've been trying to live for quite a long time. It's bee my reason for existing. I think I have just set my goals so high - and have achieved quite a few - that my perspective is skewed. I like the concept of choosing to not choose any absolutes.

I will check up on Camus. Thanks for something new user.

I'm restoring a old bike, when i have the courage. But most of my time, i'm fighting those toughts that tells me to kill myself. Wake up -kill yourself- take your coffee-kill yourself-take a shower-kill yourself-get dressed-kill yourself-start my bike-you're alright-keep riding-forget everything-get home-kill yourself-take lunch-kill yourself.

kill yourself

just overwrite 'kill' with 'pleasure' - tada! Problem solved

I brew my own beer. I even sell it now.
I make cyanotype prints (google it)
There's nothing excruciating in living.

Hey same here man road bike and mountain bike, assuming you're talking about bicycles and not motor cycles

No problem man! I just live in Europe and happened to go to the right plays and read the right books
Also I kinda learned French in school, also halped with Camus

And man, those days are fucked, I know them from older days (I'm still quite young, but who hasn't had those days?), the only thing is going through the motions, but life would be boring without them as well, wouldn't they?

And man, it's great that you even have goals that you've achieved
I hope I can achieve my goals as well some day
Luckily for me, one of those goals is growing old, and if I don't succeed I'll already be dead, so I wouldn't even have to kill myself

I wish you the best of luck with everything man, you seem like a very nice guy
Woul you say hi to your wife from me? I'd understand if you wouldn't - not everyone likes talking about this place, but I'd like to thank her for supporting you

Good luck with your achievements user, and may you roll your rock up the hill quite a lot more often. You'll understand what I mean when you do proper research ;)

Bye for now user, and keep on living man

I like that kind of plan. A kind of serious role playing for the lulz.
Sometimes I go to church and lul the same

So you don't drain the paychecks of people who actually work

>Camus

Checking this dude out nao. I like his style so far.

>And man, those days are fucked, I know them from older days (I'm still quite young, but who hasn't had those days?), the only thing is going through the motions, but life would be boring without them as well, wouldn't they?

Yeah it's like teen agnst that never really goes away, you just learn to cope / repress it until you get fed the fuck up and become lousy at dealing.

>And man, it's great that you even have goals that you've achieved
I hope I can achieve my goals as well some day
Luckily for me, one of those goals is growing old, and if I don't succeed I'll already be dead, so I wouldn't even have to kill myself

I hope you do user, the world could use a few more kind souls, even if it tends to chew them up and spit them out.

>I wish you the best of luck with everything man, you seem like a very nice guy
Woul you say hi to your wife from me? I'd understand if you wouldn't - not everyone likes talking about this place, but I'd like to thank her for supporting you

Haha I will definitely tell her. She knows I hang out on Cred Forums, but probably quietly disaproves of Cred Forums for obvious reasons, as she has been there after a little snooping. It caused a bit of a problem, but she understands the value of the anonymous uncensored communication we enjoy on Cred Forums.

>Good luck with your achievements user, and may you roll your rock up the hill quite a lot more often. You'll understand what I mean when you do proper research ;)

>Bye for now user, and keep on living man

Thanks for that brother

Jeeze Louise get a room already, don't want no cumstains in this thread

>Cred Forums not wanting cumstains

that's a first, but sorry breh. This was kinds of a feels thread anyhow.

Fucking liar

Agree super hard

Fuck you

Love you too user!!

pretty sure that's not how it works

You know that 23% the govt takes from each paycheck. That's what leeches like that user get their money from.

The plague was awesome

Awwww JEEEEEZE not over my new sweater...
I wanted to wear it to my psychologist tomorrow, told her i finally stopping masturbating furiously - she'll never believe me...