I'm looking for a fast car under 10k with decent miles on it. What does Cred Forums recommend I buy

I'm looking for a fast car under 10k with decent miles on it. What does Cred Forums recommend I buy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=US2Y8c327YA
youtube.com/watch?v=zTD4Mwn5kM4
youtube.com/watch?v=gUgJrgmH7tI
youtube.com/watch?v=UZrdxBEBbxo
youtube.com/watch?v=KxBLi3G-RU0
youtube.com/watch?v=WIkB6Zl1wc8
youtu.be/d5-sImIbPHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How new does it need to be?

wrx

IMO the 2008-2009 Dodge chargers were great. R/T gets you a v8. Fast, nice looking, safe, somewhat reliable.
Pic Related.

I don't really care I just wouldn't want it to shit the bed before I pay the fucker off

Datsun 310gx, one of the finest cars ever made

I actually have that car. I paid exactly 10K with 82k miles, 6 speed.

Not the best handling car on extremely tight corners, relatively overweight, way too high a ride height. But as a road car it's fantastic. Easily blasts holes through traffic, hauls ass over any road no matter how rough with no fear of bottoming it out. Great aftermarket if you want it to turn faster and more power. Check vin codes to confirm it's made in Germany. Best quality control. Pretty solid reliably besides somewhat persistent CELs over minor things. Not the most comfortable thing I've sat in, but it's tolerable. Stiff and noisy but feels planed and precise to steer and maneuver.

It's pretty much the least impressive hot hatch, but I'd recommend it.

Miata, S2000, Mustang GT, Camaro SS. If you don't need to cary more than you and a mate or a girl, you don't need a roof for a rack, and you don't need something to tackle brutal winters, do yourself a favor and get yourself something more purposeful and bespoke than a hot hatch or a sedan; get a roadster or a sports coupe.

I don't see many Kappa platform (Solstice & Sky) cars for $10k, at least not the turbo ones which are the only ones worthwhile. The naturally aspirated ones aren't worth it, not next to a Miata.

Some of the newer Ford fusions can be had for 10k, a bit older accords, & sonata v6s, Acura TL

The pic you posted is the best bet tbqh, Hyundai has a hatchback but it's too expensive for the ones with real power

If you are mechanically savvy, ls1 swap your favorite shell or a 4th gen camaro/firebird can be had with a 6spd for under 10k. ls1 will put out over 300rwhp with no mods, add a good tune nice exhaust and a cam, you could easily be over 400 which is what a 2014 camaro ss puts out, and probably still have money left over. If you want a fast car and daddys giving you the money just buy a subaru and put a blow off valve on it and be a cool kid, dont forget you gauge your ears too

It's "stretched ears" by the way. gauges are the size of the jewelry.

Why not include rx8. What im saving for, 7-8k will get you a fairly decent 2005 or 6. Depending on where you live.

A non mexicanized s2000 is worth more than $10k

RX8 break down lot

Golf r32, will run and run and it's a decent sleeper.

98-2002 Firebird Formula/Trans am or Camaro
Picked mine up for 3.5k with 80k on the engine.
Dyno'd at 270whp bone stock, thing hauls massive ass.

Mine is a 96 with an LT1, but the LS1 is infinitely better from 98 and above.

If you are looking for something practical you can try to find an is300. In manual trans they will be a few thousand more but they usually go for around 5 grand. They come with a 2jz-ge which is literally bulletproof. Boost it at a safe 350whp with a cheap turbo set up and you'll have a blast. 4 doors for practicality and they handle well. Plus its a lexus so normies will think its prestigious.

Realistically however, you are mechanically challenged so I wouldn't recommend anything actually fast because that implies modified. Get a 350z if you don't care about having rear seats. Cheap, reliable (for the most part), easy to work on, lots of parts around, good aftermarket and decently quick in stock form. Plus its rwd and manual so its fun.

Yeah this is near spot on. That car is a 2017 GTI in it's beta test phase.
All GTI models are fun and won't let you down, but that mk5 model might be the worst one of them all.

srsly tho OP. Try and find an IS300. They handle great and are super reliable. With a little work they can be fast and they are fucking beautiful imo.

A turbo is more than a little work.

Ehhh. Its not that much stuff. Exhaust manifold, turbo, bigger injectors, fuel pump, oil lines and AN fittings, fpr, bov, wastegate, fmic, piping, radiator, afr gauge, safcII piggy back ecu and done

You can buy a kit that has all that stuff for a few grand or piece it together yourself for less.

Total fucking shitboxes, do not listen to this guy.
People buy toyota products because the need a car not because they want a car.

Wrong. Toyota is a huge brand in the tuner market. In the US they became econo boxes but Toyota dominates the international tuner market. They are well known for their reliability and the power their motors can handle. People are making 1000whp on stock block 2jzs. A 6speed supra trans holds 1400whp. Just because you don't know shit about cars doesn't mean your opinions are correct.

>mr2
>ae86
>soarer
>aristo
>crown
>chaser
>mkii
>cresta
>all-trac celica
>supra

all pretty much legendary

That's a fucking ton of work.
Especially if someone has never drilled, tapped, welded, or fabricated metal before.

There's so much that can go catastrophically wrong if you don't install the oil lines, wastegate, and boost regulator lines correctly too.

A single mishap and you could easily make way too much boost and destroy the internals of your engine.

Lol 1000 hp supra,, runs a 13 second quater mile. They are fucking trash retard. Just because chinks can't afford to get some real euro sports cars in chingchong land does't make Toyotas good. We have IS300 in north america. No one wants them because they are slow pieces of shit that the body rots off of.

Win some, lose some.

No glory without risk.

Etc

>A single mishap and you could easily make way too much boost and destroy the internals of your engine.
Not if you have a properly setup wastegate spring and a decent boost controller. I will admit some of that stuff isnt easy, which is why I said in my other post that its probably a better idea for him to stay away from modifications. Even so, a stock manual is300 is still a really fun car to drive. Even better when its boosted.

>13 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=US2Y8c327YA
kek.

Toyotas are superior to euro trash many times the price point.

>13 second.

Shitstain, they run anywhere form 6.9-9.0 and that's if someone fucking sandbags.

God, you don't know shit.

World's fastest supra...runs a time that local shops get out of their 92 honda civics.

Am I supposed to be impressed?

Hes probably referring to youtube videos of big power highway supras trying to do a 1/4 mile. They aren't properly set up for dig racing. They run like an 11.5 with a 180mph trap. If you set them up right supras hook amazingly though.
Its not the fastest supra you retard. Its the fastest manual supra. There are supras running in the low 6s with built autos. Find me a civic that will do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTD4Mwn5kM4
get fucked retard

What kinda faggot drag races an auto tranny. Serious faggotry.

The kind who want to go fast. You don't seriously think top fuel dragsters are manual do you?

Get a GTI with a manual gearbox
hands down the absolute funnest thing to drive with your price range
looks like you already have the right idea with that pic.

BMW, whataever you like, I prefer 3 series.

Top fuel is for faggots, honestly.

I'd rather see some real driving.

>implying same weight
>implying same drive set up
>implying rwd heavy and fwd light are the same
>implying 2JZ twin turbo is inferior to VTEC
>implying they're not different tuning set ups
>implying they're not fundamentally different arguments
>literal apples to fucking oranges

You know absolute fuckall about cars. Every fucking racer out there will tell you you're stupid as shit. Every fucking person in car culture. You're literally the stupidest fucking moron I've seen on this board.

wait wat

a BMW (used) can be 10k in USA?
jesus, gotta move from this shithole soon, indeed

Bmw 325i

You're finally getting I was implying they are heavy pieces of shit that need severe modification to go anywhere.

You're a fucking idiot. Mk III supras run high 13s low 14s bone stock. They run 12s modded just with a manual boost controller. Mk IV supras run 11s and 12s with little modification.

I'd like to see these 13 second stock supras, so far people only posting fibreglass monstrousities that barely resemble a supra.

Toyota dominates the track as well. They build chassis which are good at pretty much anything.

>Not if you have a properly setup wastegate spring and a decent boost controller.

Keyword is properly setup.
Not something for a novice to attempt.

Auto tranny shifts faster than any human possibly can. Check out newer dual clutch transmissions, near instant shifts.

Altima ser 2005-6, 260 hp great handling and rare. Oh and fast trust me.

Dual clutch isnt new.
This guy is asking for something fun to drive, not some automatic faggot grocery pickup machine.

a common Fiat Punto 1.2L easily runs @ 105 mph... $14k-15k new, $5k-8k used

youtube.com/watch?v=gUgJrgmH7tI
youtube.com/watch?v=UZrdxBEBbxo
youtube.com/watch?v=KxBLi3G-RU0
youtube.com/watch?v=WIkB6Zl1wc8
all videos of fast street cars. With basic bolt ons supras run into the 12s no problem.
true. I did say to avoid modifications unless you are experienced in my other post.

No, what I'm getting is you're a shitstick fanboy who knows absolutely nothing. Supra is a good choice. Celiac Supras look cool as fuck, too. Toyota makes good, sough after cars.

OP wants reliable. That automatically rules out any rotary engine.

>Stock
>Bolt-ons

pick one retard

I like miatas, cars go fast!

>buys a car and wants to drag race it
>doesn't spend a little money on some mods to help performance
Im starting to think that you might actually be retarded.

Heres what you need to run 12s.
Exhaust, injectors, tune and maybe some better tires. Thats it.

If OP only has a budget of 10K forget trying to have a fast car.

Get something reliable and focus on advancing your career so that in a few more years you can afford something nicer that really is fast.

Try to get the car I drive for that price:
130i Beamer
No chance you kill the engine over time nor loose much worth

ignore the retard. People see camrys and think thats all toyota is capable of. Toyota is legendary. More for the enthusiasts I guess.

which is why an is300 would be perfect. They are reliable, sporty enough to have fun and they are practical. RWD is always a plus and they are a lexus so people think they are more expensive for no reason. Perfect car for OP.

Pretty sure that idiot is one of the people that think Alfa is a shitty company and Dodge makes good cars.

Why so mad bro

You can get C5 corvettes for amazingly cheap. And the LS V8 responds very well to basic mods.

Love it or hate it, the corvette is always one of the best bang for the buck performance cars.

/thread

Also, miata's are very cheap. I just bought my 1996 miata with 145k miles on it for $2900

Buy a running miata and use the rest of your saved money on forced induction. This is absolutely the best smiles per gallon formula you will find.

they sure do

>No porsche 944

Seriously. What the fuck? Rides like on rails, looks boss and is classy as fuck.

You've obviously never driven an auto with any kind of power.

Why buy a corevette when F body's exist with the same motor, but half the price?

And you have probably never executed a perfect rev matched heel toe downshift while braking approaching a tight corner.

Because the Corvette destroys them in the corners. If you are a redneck who only cares about drag racing then sure get a Camaro/Firebird/Transam.

Corvette has 50/50 weight distribution and is technically mid engine the block is mounted so far back in the car.

What the fuck point are you even trying to make?

The fact that you don't need to transmission brake in an auto doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

V6 F-bodies have a 50/50 weight distribution as well. V8 Firebird formulas have a 52/48 distribution. Only the shitty WS6 trim killed their cornering ability with an additional 300lbs to the front with no performance gains.

GM shut down the Firebird line because it was preforming on par with the Corvette. There was no reason to spend an extra 70k on a vette when the camaro and firebird existed.

Wasted

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (260bhp)

>The fact that you don't need to transmission brake in an auto doesn't make it any less enjoyable.
yes it does

I bet it's just as enjoyable sitting in highway traffic letting the clutch in and out every few seconds, right?

good looking, fast, within price range, japanese.
SeemsGood

Get the rt not the shitty v6. Hate racing these mofos thinking they're fast as shit

Also, 90's and early 2000 vettes are not perfectly balanced. Especially not the ones you're going to find under 10k

2005 Mustang gt owner here. If you can afford the fuel cost the car is a blast to drive. Very reliable too

>damage control

You already admitted you don't even understand the joys of having a driver's car. Just give up.

>luxury car
>4500 lbs
>14s quarter mile
Newer chargers are a fucking joke.
Even the hellcat can't break 10s in the 1/4 with 700hp

>avoiding responding to the point

Just saying "I won the arguement" doesn't make it so.

Nice try tho.

There's a reason I daily my 20mpg auto firebird and not my 40mpg manual accord.
It has a lot to do with enjoyability.

Why Toyotas and the import tunning scene doesn't thrive well here.

1. The ubiquity of LS-engines and small blocks and other American V8 engines in general. There's little incentive to start with 200 hp, small displacement engines when these 300/450 hp engines are everywhere and just as cheap.

2. Those engines are ubiquitous because gas prices, combined with America's real median income, had allowed larger displacement cars to thrive. There's no real logistical resteaints of large cars for most Americans either because...

3. Our roads aren't patched up legacy roads from antiquity; a majority of American streets are made with the car front and center of consideration.

So large roads, decent income, low gas prices, made V8s de riguer for performance tuning since the 60's. That legacy still lingers too; one can purchase a V8-powered Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang at the same price as a mid-trim compact luxury sedan.

So in Japan where gas is steep and roads are tight, smaller engines in smaller cars is what makes sense. That's what's ubiquitous and that's what people tune. Here though, they just can't compete dollar-for-dollar. One can make a 1000 hp Camaro way cheaper than a 1000 hp Supra and whatnot.

Dude that GTI up there runs 12s with less mods. You Toyota faggots are retarded.

>accord

Of course an accord isn't going to be as fun as a firebird. What a shitty example.

I'm still confident you don't even understand what a heel toe is. You have probably never used all three pedals in your accord at the same time, and probably don't even understand what I'm talking about.

Pressing 3 pedals with your 2 feet and doing it smoothly and fast is one of the greatest joys in driving. Doing it as you enter a corner fast and nailing the apex right after is a blast.

Sounds like you are describing a supra.

Lol he butt hurt he don't got a hellcat

The LS V8 can get very good mileage if you don't abuse the throttle. It has so much torque at super low RPMs that you can achieve nearly 30 mpg if you baby it and short shift it and keep the RPMs down in the 2000 range.

Of course nobody buys a big V8 to drive it like that.

I drive a semi for a living. I can heel toe easily. It stopped making me feel like an epic pro racecar driver when it became necessary for everyday driving.

Get on my level, faggots.

>dumb nigger level no thanks

>10k budget thread
>posts 25k bike

Stop being a pussy and buy a car with the engine correctly placed behind you. Don't listen any other faggots here.

>Expensive
>Italian
>Nigger

One of these things is not like the other.

You obviously don't enjoy driving so WTF are you even talking about?

Talking about heel toeing a big rig and a Honda accord... No wonder you don't like manual. You have done nothing but give examples of manual vehicles that never had any sort of driver enjoyment or sport considered in their design.

Have you never seen Biker Boyz. Shit was tragic

This.

You can pick up a junkyard LS1 out of a Chevy express van for ~$500. You've got an instant 350bhp engine that can easily make 500bhp with just a cam and heads.

Throw in a turbo on a stock LS1 with upgraded injectors and you've got the makings of a 800whp monster for under 5k.

Overdrive transmissions paired with an LS make great mpg. You're essentially idling along at 70mph.

>expensive
Niggers are a complete drain on the economy they steal and live off welfare
>Italian
Or other wise known as the niggers of jersey shore
>nigger
Nuf said

OP, don't go for a muritard car. Unless you want a 2500kg vehicle that doesn't handle corners.

The Supra to is a motherfucking legend in the game but they're old and it's incredibly hard to find a manual transmission car with the steering wheel on the right side, which is the left side.

Americans know as much about cars as they do about music and food; fuck all. Get a German or Japanese and if you're in the money get a Britfag car. I drive pic related (older though) and was pretty cheap actually. It handles like a jet engine powered cart that's glued to the road. Make a tedt drive and you're sold.

TL;DR: ameritards suck trap cum get a real car

What, the dreamers level? Piss off ya twat

fuck this dudebro, only believes manual cars can be fun to drive.

Ya fockin wanker

Given the same car in manual or auto, the manual will always be more fun, unless you are a faggot.

Because it's true you fucking idiot omfg you muritards know fuckall about cars and driving

>HURR DURR I CAN ACCELERATE AND BREAK MORE THAN THAT AND I OVERFLOW MY LIMITED COGNITIVE CAPACITY

It's all about the transmission kid. Learn to proper drive you fat sister shagging yank

You don't need a new car. Drive down to your local auto repair shop in your nicest jeans. You'll see a guy named Hank. Don't look Hank in the eyes. Mention your name is "Tim" or "Lila" if your female, and that you're there for the "Number one." Hand Hank your car keys to let him know you're serious. He'll lead you into a secret room behind the stock room. Knock three times in rapid succession and whisper, "Taco sauce." A little sliding door will open and hand you a stick of gum. Head back to the waiting room in the front, or as most people call it, the room that smells like grease n' stuff. Wait. Wait some more. Hank should return and let you know "It's done." He'll hand you back your keys and you pay him in kind. Then get the hell out of there.

I donno man my cousin is a faggot and he loves driving Manual almost as much as he loved getting his asshole stretched. I think that makes you a faggot power bottom

Lol he mad

Yeah good argument. Just because you. Can't drive doesn't mean you have to be insecure about it and go online and shout at people that can. Just learn how to :)

I enjoy driving plenty. I just don't enjoy sitting in traffic with a manual trans.

People that have never driven a high hp auto like to think that autos drive themselves.

You don't understand the difficulties that come with having that kind of power. It's harder to properly launch my ~300hp auto firebird than it is my ~200hp manual accord.

It's harder to corner in a car that wants to slide out from under you at the slightest touch of the throttle.

It's no where near boring to drive a fast auto, and it does require quite a bit of skill to not kill yourself.

My accord is actually pretty quick aswell. It's got a J30 with a 6 speed swap from an acura.
It just doesn't require any effort at all to launch or shift correctly. Don't even need to look at the tach these days.

1.2.3 wan tan soup

Then get a real car and not a down syndrome ameritard one.

Fucking hell you lot are cringy

No I drive a stick too. Just don't love it as much as you cock lovers do. Do you run yours down with lotion before you put it in first gear?

One of the best cars today but too expensive. Like the way you think though (Y)

Sad little lies. Go away kid

youtu.be/d5-sImIbPHw

yeah, i actually drive one atm. and yes its a bit expensive but you get Gallardo speed/handling for the 1/3 of the price.

Why so hostile?

How is an accord an ameritard one?

Are you really so much of a weeb that you think a car is better for being from another country?

I've driven a manual BMW 750i and 328i aswell.
Those just get even more boring with their rev matching.

I guess a manual is more fun to drive if you're a shit driver and have to constantly be on edge to not miss a shift.

I agree with both of you, given the option I would drive a manual car every time but some cars don't give you the option to drive them as a manual, and that doesn't mean they can't also be fun to drive.
>Merely arguing all driving is fun
>Daily drives a manual in America

Lol he so butthurt

>Brittish cars are the best
Guess that puts me in your definition if "weeb" but hey, everyone got his own so that means fuck all init.

Also, how the fuck can you "miss a shift", is that forgetting to shift??

Kek, we've come full circle. Here: I'm going to bed kid

Lol it does actually make them not fun to drive

RSX Type S

i got my RSX Type S for $4k with 102k miles. plenty of room for mods. look for a private seller who doesn't know what they got. similar at a dealership would be around $10k.

Wouldn't drive a 4.3L turboed V6 because it only came in automatic

hive mind...

Yeah, it seems like it's about time for your nap, you're getting a bit cranky.

I hope it was fun pretending to know what you're talking about.

Not a fucking chance.
I'd shoot myself in the face before driving that thing in the pic.

Buy a toyota mr2 for 5000, use the rest to buy a college level education.