I quit drinking last year because it was starting to be a problem. Had to adjust people I spent time with...

I quit drinking last year because it was starting to be a problem. Had to adjust people I spent time with, places I went, etc. Was thinking of starting to smoke weed a little as an alternative. What do you think?

bump

Good work.
Keep it up.

weed's not to bad though just try not to smoke weed err day, remeber to have atleast a few sober days

I say no weed, you'll just keep doing more until it makes you stupid.

what's the worst that could happen? Is the worst going to happen? If you used to drink and smoke weed together, then it's not a good idea most likely

disregard my advice I'm an addict hypocrite

my only issue with weed is that weed can either be really fun, or kinda boring mixed with slight anxiety maybe thats just me but it really depends on what im doing

Bad idea. Better to stay away from any recreational drugs. That will become your new fix. May even slide back into alkyland.

>30 years sober

Very different kind of high. Impossible to say how it'll affect you personally, but many people become introspective on it, as opposed to the extroverted high of booze.
Repeated use will fuck up your brain, but that's a given with drugs.
It can enhance creativity - that's not an opinion, there's a neurological reason for this. makes your brain act more child-like.

but being child-like as an adult is kind of stupid. i wouldn't do it too often. have you ever seen adult potheads? they're like cartoon characters.

again, this is the same for using any drug over time. pot is pretty benign, just smoke as little as possible, no need for that lung cancer.

not op though i must say that ive never really had a problem with drugs, im just curious if u can explain as to why you developed a dependency in the first place?

I think it is fine, just don't talk about it constantly like some cannabis smokers do, it could annoy people if you do so. I am glad that you gave up alcohol before it was too late.

Overuse

OH MY FUCKIN GOD i hate err day stoners, there was this stoner chick who spent like 500 dollers on a single bong not including the 6 she had before, but didnt have a fuckin tv also she worked 2 jobs and didnt seem to have shit for money cuz she spent it on dabs

makes sense

broh. smoak w33d every day of my life br0h.

>but didnt have a fuckin tv

lol, how horrorble

Weed is easier to handle for the normal days

Nah, weed is nigger shit. Drinking is a coping mechanism and without it, you need to learn how to cope again; a different drug isn't the answer. Good job, btw.

>didnt have a fuckin tv
What's so bad about that?

It doesn't make you stupid. People just make stupid decisions like making it their number 1 priority.

i find there are 3 groups people who smoke weed tend to fall into

>the occasional toker, maybe every once in awhile like weekends or longer in duration

>the binge smoker, they tend to smoke in burst lasting anywhere from a week to a month usually

>the err day stoner who smokes err fuckin day they tend to develop bizarre and retarded mentality along with a warped perception of reality

This idea of the err day stoner is just people talking about trashy people in general. It's not the weed making them shit, they were already shit.

Group 3 reporting in

i know right i remember i was sitting there in her room thinkin to myself, WTF does she do besides smoke weed? also she had no books a tiny ass laptop and talked about how she read books like she was compensating though i didnt see any books in her room, also she made enough to affored shit tons of shatter and other things also she plastered her celling with glow in the dark pot leaves

look u fuckers arent all bad its just the people who have it as there sole hobby, like shit man play video games, read do something, as long as u just dont smoke weed and thats it ur alright

She could be reading ebooks for all you know. I doubt it though. She seems like one of those stoners that have weed as their only priority in life. It's ok to smoke weed everyday, just make sure you know that it's a luxury, not a necessity.

It does lower IQ.

It's true though, my perception of reality feels distorted sometimes. Maybe it's because reality sucks

I completely agree, I just think the image of the err day smoker is bad. It's honestly sad and pathetic that anyone would put weed, alcohol, or anything as their main goal in life by choice.

try taken a t-break no need to quite just take like a week or 2 off, then worst case scenario u lose sum tolerance and can get stoned easier

Agreed, former addict here and this user is correct. But if you're like me you'll find out the hard way and be back at it again

Pretty much this. Also never just smoke a shit ton. It's fun, but it costs too much money. Idk how much you make though. I would recommend never smoking or smoke very little before your job and don't smoke blunt after blunt when you get off work so you don't build crazy(money wasting) tolerance. Also if you live where it is legal, choose if you want a more active high or a more relaxed high depending on your preference.

ehh as long as u have other priorities besides blowin all ur money on weed its not to bad, atleast in my opinion

The question being are u an addict? If so don't do it

That's exactly what I think.

How addictive of a personality did you have? Drinking and smoking is all that bad of a thing to do,as long as it doesnt get in the way of your life. If you really want to take something but wanna avoid having problems,then just limit yourself to social gatherings and big events. You don't need drugs to have fun but it helps. But REALLY try to limit yourself if you have an addictive personality. Weed isn't addictive or anything, but people tend to grow a dependence on it. Weed isn't the type of drug that ruins ssomeone's from its effects,it will ruin someone's life cause people forget their priorities and waste money weed instead of what actually matters

i don't think so, ive never looked to drugs as something i rely on just something to occasionally enjoy, besides i function way better sober

If you are an addict, it's very obvious to stay away from any drugs. If you are to be an addict though, weed is your safest option. Still not a good thing though.

OP here
That's the thing, I don't know if I'm an addict or not. It's not a simple yes or no like a pregnancy test. Never saw anyone clinically about it, kinda just stopped it on my own. But then again, I could very well be one.

Pot usually helps anxiety, I hear. But I wouldn't know, I've only tried pot a few times, and one time I got hit by a wave, no tsunami, of fucking dysphoria. But I was also half-drunk at the time.

I meant the dude who had to stop drinking, I was asking I'd he was an addict in reference to your statement. If ur an addict ull spin outta control no matter substance and make it your priority, so if he was addict to alcohol he shouldnt try weed to replace it

How about going to the gym.
If you're weak mentally you might as well try to salvage a strong physique.

Shit man i guess I can help but only you would know. Idk it was pretty obvious to me but people struggle with this question all the time

It really depends on what type you get, indica vs sativa. One gives you a more intense head high, while the other makes you more relax. Also different strands help more with anxiety than others. Just know what you take to avoid increase in anxiety.

It doesn't make a difference. On your body, sure, weed is healthier. But psychologically, you'll have the same problems, because the reason you're an alcoholic is because (at least this is my problem) you drink because you're so used it, that when the problem began, drinking took the monotony out of your nightlife, especially when alone. But it got to the point where being sober was painfully boring, so the habit was perpetuated. Pot would do the same thing.

Hi OP, 1 year sober alchy myself. I think I've still got paperwork from rehab classes, gonna go grab it from muh filing cabinet.

oh my bad, thought you were talkin to me for sum odd reason. u are right, there are people that use drugs as a crutch though i would argue that the drug is by sum measure a strong factor in addiction based on the personality and desired affect of the individual that is consuming it.

If you had to modify your environment just to avoid alcohol and even come to the conclusion that drinking is problematic, I would consider you somewhat of an addict. Supplement your addiction of alcohol with something less damaging to yourself and others around you. I would advise something that could be considered social or done in a group so as to replicate the bar or clubbing environment.

I have this problem right now. I have an abundance of alcohol and just don't know when to stop. When I'm not drunk I am incredibly bored and I tell myself I am not drinking a lot so it's not a big deal. Then I end up drunk for 12 hours. When I don't have it though, it's not a problem. I don't miss alcohol, it's only when I do have it. Same thing when I smoked cigarettes, I wasn't really addicted as much as I wanted to do something badly. I stopped smoking and had no withdrawals, I just ended up filling the void again with something else. Do I have a problem?

Yeah, I guess your right

Do you live in a legal state?

How many times have you smoked before? Getting high is great,and if you like it then youre going to want to do it again. You shouldn't feel like you NEED to smoke,but just WANT to. Why? Cause why the fuck not. I don't know what its like to be addicted to stuff,but you shouldn't need to worry about weed addiction unless you lace it with some other crap

So a quick and simple definition I have here is:

Addiction is a primary, chronic, neurobiological disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. Addiction is characterized by behaviors that include one or more of the following:

-Impaired control over drug use
-Continued use despite harm
-Compulsive use
-Cravings

Yeah, years back. Had kind of a take it or leave it attitude about it at the time.

Nah

Basically thus user, you can personalize it but these are what it boils down too. Be fucking fearless on searching on answering if those 4 bullet points are u and ull know

I'd say so. But I actually fucked my whole school thing up. I was in my 4th year of college when I stopped going to class, and now I have a literal 0.0 GPA. Not to mention lost my job and got evicted from my apartment, and lost all my possessions, most of which were sentimental.

I'm not saying this as a contest, like "my problem is worse, everyone please look at me", but really just a look into your future if you don't better control what seems like zit that will eventually come to a head.

That sound pretty fucked up, I'm sorry to hear that user. I don't put alcohol first ever, it's just when I have a day off I spend the whole day drunk and when I get off of work I tend to do the same with the rest of my day. Also when it isn't around I find other stuff to do like take my dog on a walk or some shit. I just over indulge when the option is presented.

I also don't know if I am in denial or not and just trying to justify my usage.

It's hard to tell if you're in denial. But the whole looking for other things to do doesn't sound like an excuse, it seems like still inhibitions and limitations. Just be careful, user, and don't let it wreck you.

Op here

All valid points. There morenI read, the more I see the risks far outweighing the benefit.

u dont sound that addicted, u might do better with pot then alcohol, see atleast the problem i find with alcohol is that some people when they get drunk have the desire to keep going well past what seems logical where as pot most people will stop after so many hits though it does very person to person and u run the risk of that desire to maintain that stoned feeling for a prolonged period aka the binge smoker, or worse the err day smoker. though i want to preface u should take everything i say with a grain of salt cuz i dont really know u that well and im not expert in the field of addiction.

I will, I guess I can try to tone it down a bit. I generally think of it like people having a beer after work except with liquor.

I used to smoke weed everyday back when I used to live in a populated area. Had a house and everything, then I took a Life insurance job that back fired, now I am in the middle of no where with no connects. I used to smoke all I want and live comfortably, had a gf, my dog, and my house. Then I decided to switch jobs and now I have turned to alcohol.

Booze is a slippery slope brotha

Slow down bucko, weed isn't the one that lowers IQ, you faggot. They made you think that because of false studdies and propaganda. Get it eight.

I am aware. I really shouldn't even entertain the thought of drinking when my dad was an alcoholic.

>Life insurance job that back fired

what happened did they drug test u?

No, I just wasn't informed that it takes months to actually get on your feet. Spent 3 months without recieving money, bills pilled up, had to choose getting my dog food or me food everyday after that. Then decided to move to somewhere with lower rent and get a new job.

since your in life insurance let me ask you this: Who would have to pay a higher rate, a pothead, or an alcoholic?

ahh man that fuckin sux, hang in there man

I was in life insurance, not anymore. I also wasn't in a place where it is legal. If it's a state where it is illegal, naturally to the company the person doing illegal activities is more of a risk. In a place where it is legal, they are less for health risks, bodily harm, and things of that nature. So alcoholic would be more risky if pot is legal, and weed would be more risky for it being illegal. Every insurance agent takes this stuff differently though. They look at your character and a bunch of things, so the answer isn't always that easy.

When pot really hits me it has 10% chance to make me giggle a little and uncoordinated as shit, all other times it makes me go full anxiety, psychosis and the general feeling that if i don't try my hardest to concentrate on some discraction or subject i will completely spiral out of control and die.

The whole lmao weed can't do you any harm is utter bullshit and varies from person to person.

Another thing I forgot to mention is if they look at it like smoking cigarettes. I wouldn't know though since I was in a place where it was illegal. I imagine they would though.

This is kinda accurate. Are you sure what type you were smoking? Like indica or sativa? If not, you might want to stay away from sativa if you can.

dude ive been thankful that i only get like slight anxiety worst case scenario when it comes to weed, i personally find that it isnt so much the strain that makes the difference its my mood and what im doing, like for some odd reason games like legend of zelda or final fantasy x and bam im just feelin good getting into the games but if i got nothin to do i just get this slight anxiety and i just bored irregardless of the strain i consume

That's interesting, I always feel way more calm just smoking indica, also being focused on something does help keep me calm when smoking. Sativa just makes me a little too anxious even when I'm focused.

I've had full blown panic attacks before as well. I just smoked way too much for my own good. Thought it would be fun, but it just ended up freaking myself out worrying about stuff that wasn't happening
I'm this Cred Forumsro

I meant.

im not saying the strain isnt a factor with me but alteast with me its mostly like what im doing and my overall mood going into smokin, dont get me wrong indicas chill me out and sativas tend to make me more creative and energized its just the primary factor tends to be

A.) what do i have to entertain me and does is mix well with me being stoned, aka puzzle games like portals, legend of zelda, or even final fantasy x.

B.) my mood going into it, am i tired, am i in a good mood to start with, hows my life going in general,etc.

I understand what you mean now. I can definitely agree that each strain has its place of when it should be used and mood really is a factor of how your high will be.